Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    when will it come out b:surrender plz tell me

Why the heck people keep asking that, WE, DON'T KNOW! But let's say a random player does, he would surely Spam everywhere about t
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People keep asking because The GM's promised to tell us and we've yet to be told. Not an unusual thing that GM's dont tell us things until the last minute, but still, would be nice to know some kind of release date.

Here's a question, What's the patch number on the CN game? That'll give us some kind of info onto when we may see an update for the EG
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Lightnoctis - Sanctuary
    Lightnoctis - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    anyone knows if the map will rly change?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    anyone knows if the map will rly change?

Yes. We're getting 4 new territories to the west of Raging Tide.

No. The TW map will not be reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Here's a question, What's the patch number on the CN game? That'll give us some kind of info onto when we may see an update for the EG

patch number is 564 on the CN, were not to far away

edit: so i dont double post,

i saw these buffs on a mystic running by me, wondering how we get these and when/how long we can get these buffs for when we get it on PWI, as im definatly not gonna know when i cant read chinese lol, the movement speed buff is what got me to look as she was moving as fast as if on a mount or the veno demon fox form when you get the speed increase, it looks like a set buff to me, as i saw 1 or 2 other people with the exact same 4 buffs in that order.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • islandkitty
    islandkitty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Are the original races getting a revamp of any kind with this expansion? Starting areas, starting quests, graphics, animations...?

Or maybe a better question: is there anything new and interesting/entertaining besides the new race and related content, and guild bases?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sherilys (or someone... if it wasn't her, I forget who) said that the original races are getting weapon token quests, and I anticipate something like the tideborn discovery quest string. Other than that, don't expect any changes to the original races.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    Bobberto - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    aww i cant play CN... installed client and its v564..but the start button stay gray >< any1 can help D:?
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    aww i cant play CN... installed client and its v564..but the start button stay gray >< any1 can help D:?
    Holy crud, ME TOO!! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea i ran into that problem, if its gray, that means its patching. it downloads and installs them insanely slow, you will need to manualy download there latiest patch on there website, then install it if your gonna expect to get on any time soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _vitor_ - Raging Tide
    _vitor_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi, I'm brazilian! =D

I'm have a question how i get the ID for de Perfect World CN registration? b:victory
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi, I'm brazilian! =D

I'm have a question how i get the ID for de Perfect World CN registration? b:victory

*couth* its illegal to use someone's ID number to register (without there permission) of course, anyone should no that...at least do it discreetly, browse google for answers, and don't ask on the PW boards >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • _vitor_ - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *couth* its illegal to use someone's ID number to register (without there permission) of course, anyone should no that...at least do it discreetly, browse google for answers, and don't ask on the PW boards >_>

Ok, ok i no ask again =X b:shocked
  • _vitor_ - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Renza,
    Do you have any information about the release date of Perfect World Genesis?

b:thanks
  • k0rin
    k0rin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

i saw these buffs on a mystic running by me, wondering how we get these and when/how long we can get these buffs for when we get it on PWI, as im definatly not gonna know when i cant read chinese lol, the movement speed buff is what got me to look as she was moving as fast as if on a mount or the veno demon fox form when you get the speed increase, it looks like a set buff to me, as i saw 1 or 2 other people with the exact same 4 buffs in that order.

Speed buff, cast buff, hp buff and one more [I think it was p atack but im not sure] u can get from ur elder [it's quest that u can take from him/her]. I'm not sure but i think u can take those buffs every day [one time]. Speed buff gives my char 9,6 speed and hp buff double [or almost double] my hp. I cant say much about cast buff with those horrble lags b:surrender
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    k0rin wrote: »
    Speed buff, cast buff, hp buff and one more [I think it was p atack but im not sure] u can get from ur elder [it's quest that u can take from him/her]. I'm not sure but i think u can take those buffs every day [one time]. Speed buff gives my char 9,6 speed and hp buff double [or almost double] my hp. I cant say much about cast buff with those horrble lags b:surrender

yea i linked the picture on the *buff* word lol, but thanks at least i no where to go *providing i can now find the elder* lol,

also no one has any info on the release date on genesis, wish people would stop asking :/, as soon as our GMs give us the heads up on a sticky then we can no, im gonna give an estimation of a month tho, hopefully it shudnt be any longer then that (wont hold me breath)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    Bobberto - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea i ran into that problem, if its gray, that means its patching. it downloads and installs them insanely slow, you will need to manualy download there latiest patch on there website, then install it if your gonna expect to get on any time soon.

well latest patch is 539-564...but my game is already 564 so idk what have to be updated..trying to update with the patcher and i got this> http://img526.imageshack.us/i/96865078.jpg/ as u can see its v564 (latest, no?) :P
  • k0rin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ur game version should apear above blue bar [that bar is empty on ur sreen], what u see on ur screen is news about new patch [or something like that].
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well latest patch is 539-564...but my game is already 564 so idk what have to be updated..trying to update with the patcher and i got this> http://img526.imageshack.us/i/96865078.jpg/ as u can see its v564 (latest, no?) :P

yea the latiest patch is 564, but you wont be able to use that unless you had auto updated to version 539, on that screenshot, it doesnt even display your version which should be here, you will need to download the manual patch, click here to go directly to there patch page, where it says in very big numbers 1 and 2, click on the red box on the 2 option, that way if you stop the download or anything, you can resume it, plus i think it downloads faster, anyway thats for anyone with there version between 388-564 which yours is, download that, then let it install.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • k0rin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Btw before it was said that pet heal has 3s channel:

treatment summons (level 4)
    Range: [21.1]m
    MP cost: [107]
    Channeling: 3.0 seconds
    Casting: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds
    Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
    Lvl up: 7+5k
    Heals the summon by [210] plus [18]% of basic magic damage.

but it totaly didn't look like 3s channel and yes it was mistake in spell description. They fixed it now and it's 0,5 channel 0,5s cast.
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea the latiest patch is 564, but you wont be able to use that unless you had auto updated to version 539, on that screenshot, it doesnt even display your version which should be here, you will need to download the manual patch, click here to go directly to there patch page, where it says in very big numbers 1 and 2, click on the red box on the 2 option, that way if you stop the download or anything, you can resume it, plus i think it downloads faster, anyway thats for anyone with there version between 388-564 which yours is, download that, then let it install.
    Thank you very much, I'll come back and let you know how it goes!b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    k0rin wrote: »
    Btw before it was said that pet heal has 3s channel:

treatment summons (level 4)
    Range: [21.1]m
    MP cost: [107]
    Channeling: 3.0 seconds
    Casting: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 1.0 seconds
    Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
    Lvl up: 7+5k
    Heals the summon by [210] plus [18]% of basic magic damage.

but it totaly didn't look like 3s channel and yes it was mistake in spell description. They fixed it now and it's 0,5 channel 0,5s cast.

Edit: this way mystic has faster heal than cleric and faster pet heal than veno uhm....

im still curious to how many heals a mystic has *player heals*, yea our current first heal channels quite fast, looks to me like its around the same healing power as wellspring surge for the cleric, but of course we never spam that on boss battles lol,

i think if anything, mystics will be a back up healer and a mini tanker just like veno pets, not sure how strong mystic pets are compared to veno pets as i no the golems they have do have alot of defense (the ones on the TB island), so no idea how these mystic pets will do for tanking, then again, i only have the first pet, so much to uncover :/

edit: just checked as well about veno/mystic pet heal, i do wonder why mystics can heal faster, mystics = 1 second to channel and get the heal out, venos = 2.5 seconds to channel and get the heal out, me thinks a veno/herc and mystic heal combo would be able to tank bosses we previously had alot more trouble with, at least at lower levels anywho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    anybody wanna start a betting pool that PWE isn't releaseing any new info because this thread already has all the information they were gonna relase in it?
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You mean This thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You mean This thread?

lol both of 'em really xD

Since info is being posted in both, i'm willing to bet $10 or more that PWE isn't able to release any more information because we've already translated and discovered a **** ton of it without their help at all xD

Only thing they could do is give us the release date xD
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im still curious to how many heals a mystic has *player heals*, yea our current first heal channels quite fast, looks to me like its around the same healing power as wellspring surge for the cleric, but of course we never spam that on boss battles lol,

Looks like there are 3 player heals; the 2nd column shows the starter heal -> IH-like buff -> ress buff -> AoE heal; while the 4th column show pet support skills pet heal -> mana trasfer -> "drain ability" for various mini buffs

There has been a "google translation" posted of the skills (tyvm @Olivassin), we just need to "combine" it with the skill tree... (so far I've discerned the healing column, both pet columns and plant column while attacks need a bit of arrangement)... Oh and the last skills on the list are pet skills, and first 2 are for the 1st pet (stun and "bash")
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pwe You Said Youd Give Us Info Regarding Earthguard In Update... I Don"t See It!~wtf U Lazy Azzes
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Elvis_: Please gtfo :D
This discussion has been closed.