Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

The time of the prophecy has come.

However, within the depths of the underground, an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world. In knowing the future, they have dedicated their lives to prepare for such a day. The time has now come for them to emerge from the underground. They must join the other races of Perfect World and fight alongside them through the coming disaster.

Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

- New Race - The Earthguard
    - Two new classes - "Seeker" and "Mystic"
    - New areas to explore
    - New dungeons
    - New monsters and gear
    - New guild bases

Perfect World: Genesis - Coming soon to a PWE Free-to-Play near you!

- PWE Staff

So...Let me get this straight.

The story of the new expansion is about doomsday prophecy (aka Armageddon), and the name of the new expansion is called Genesis (aka creation of the world).

Contradiction does....not...compute.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

The story of the new expansion is about doomsday prophecy (aka Armageddon), and the name of the new expansion is called Genesis (aka creation of the world).

One ancronym: Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    maybe genesis = when world was created n there were 5 races n 10 classes.

then came to rising tide than genesis aka new class got exterminated by sins.

then fairy expansion = when every1 was sick of sins n they ganked them to extermination

they just put them on wrong order o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    maybe genesis = when world was created n there were 5 races n 10 classes.

then came to rising tide than genesis aka new class got exterminated by sins.

then fairy expansion = when every1 was sick of sins n they ganked them to extermination

they just put them on wrong order o.o

Whatever the reason, Buddhist/Taoist cultures should refrain from using Christian Biblical terms in the names of products. They ALWAYS get them backwards.

Either way they die
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Snake biting it's tail.

Death is only the beginning.

Big Bang Theory.
    __

Xarathox I love your sig. b:pleased
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Maybe that's what the whips in the database are for?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Maybe that's what the whips in the database are for?

Nah they were explained earlier in the thread.

Sidenote to PWI, Add some pep to some dungeons. xD I fall asleep to the music sometimes.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Xarathox I love your sig. b:pleased

Why thank you. b:cute

Either way they die
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    While China's version is going to be focused on the fact that the last world ended, the PWI version is focusing more on the rebuilding and recreation of a NEW world, thus, Genesis.

P.S. ~ Genesis actually means "beginning"; in this case, it's merely referring to a new beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    While China's version is going to be focused on the fact that the last world ended, the PWI version is focusing more on the rebuilding and recreation of a NEW world, thus, Genesis.

That says absolutely nothing about that in the cliff notes given. :/

Thanks for the heads up. The marketing team(s) are still 'tards. Back to unmentionable game for me. b:bye

Either way they die
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Didn't read the whole plot? It's not focused on the destruction it's focused on the new race helping to REBUILD perfect world.
    Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

The time of the prophecy has come.

However, within the depths of the underground, an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world. In knowing the future, they have dedicated their lives to prepare for such a day. The time has now come for them to emerge from the underground. They must join the other races of Perfect World and fight alongside them through the coming disaster.

Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

- New Race - The Earthguard
    - Two new classes - "Seeker" and "Mystic"
    - New areas to explore
    - New dungeons
    - New monsters and gear
    - New guild bases

Perfect World: Genesis - Coming soon to a PWE Free-to-Play near you!

- PWE Staff
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    P.S. ~ Genesis actually means "beginning"; in this case, it's merely referring to a new beginning.

Actually, Genesis has 3 translations. Latin (its origin, meaning: To come into being), Greek (Literally meaning: Creation) and Hebrew, which borrows the same "creation" definition as the Greek version.

(is a biblical scholar) b:chuckle

Either way they die
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Didn't read the whole plot? It's not focused on the destruction it's focused on the new race helping to REBUILD perfect world.

I admit, I didn't actually see that part. thanks. ^^

Either way they die
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    More c'sers class ty pwi ...
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • earo
    earo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually... PWE... didn't copy-pasted them in record time...

There was about 50+ other Chinese sites that copy-pasted them in under 1 min just as the Official Chinese news was put up on the Official Chinese PW site... LOL...

But... being the "English" it might be record time, but that's cause no other English sites gives a care about the news beside the "fans"...

BTW... I still say the Title should be 2012 or something similar to that event... instead of Genesis... which is the opposite of the original idea...

And that the classes should be...

DRUID (LOL LOL LOL, make it transform between a Vampire and Werewolf) - now to sit back and watch the show...
  • shuy7
    shuy7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    earo wrote: »
    Title should be 2012 or something similar to that event...

Umm, If any fantasy game called their new expansion 2012 that would be a complete and utter jokeb:chuckle
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shuy7 wrote: »
    Umm, If any fantasy game called their new expansion 2012 that would be a complete and utter jokeb:chuckle

Chinese version is called 2012.

Hence my confusion as to why the english version is being called Genesis. Apparently I missed the part about our version being part of recreation (kind of as a pass off in the description).

Either way they die
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really hope to god that they rebalance some of the skill trees in this expansion too!(*cough*bmswordtree*cough*) Maybe even add new ones for each class if possible...
  • Shavonne_ - Heavens Tear
    Shavonne_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You people are really clueless?
    Game is titled 2012 because by Mayan (if u don't know who Mayans were go and shoot yourself) calendar, that's when end of the world should happen.

Geez >.<
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You're all wrong. Mayan calendar never ends. It just gets renewed. Therefore, Genesis makes sense.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Concept art looks amazing, once again Kudos to PW Beijing for choosing their artists wisely. Can't say I was ever so impressed with other comapnies concept art as much as I am with PW's.

The expansion came sooner than I thought, quite exciting. I hope they won't imbalance the game as our latest addition, at least won't be as OP. Personally, I hope the new dungeons and areas will raise more interest in the game both from veterans and new players. I gotta say this information already got my attention...

I can't wait to see how the race looks. b:shocked

if there is anyway you can influence the dev's to not make it to that he with the USD wins. It would help enormously. I have nothing against CS'rs. I have everything against those not able to CS being something less then fish food.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvestrina - Sanctuary
    Sylvestrina - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    你好!

Armageddon and Genesis is not a contradiction if you think in an East Asian way. Remember that Yin-Yang thingy? There is no Yin without Yang. There is no good without evil. There is no creation (Genesis) without doom (Armageddon).

Personally, I'm looking forward to the expansion. I expect the developers to know that adding two more DD classes wouldn't make any sense. I'm hoping for some kind of magical barb and physical cleric, actually.

Of course, there will be some glitches or imbalances in the beginning, but I hope they get fixed quickly. The removal of the Spam Horns has shown that they do care about criticism. On the other hand, there are some existing issues that are still waiting to be fixed, like the annoying stuck-in-the-air glitch and the missing Wind Widgets for my super-lame psychic. ;)

Greetings, Sylvestrina
    When in trouble,
    When in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout!
    (Freefall)
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    你好!

Armageddon and Genesis is not a contradiction if you think in an East Asian way. Remember that Yin-Yang thingy? There is no Yin without Yang. There is no good without evil. There is no creation (Genesis) without doom (Armageddon).

It would actually be more directly linked to the predominating ancient concept of a majority of pre-roman cultural concept of time as cyclical rather than the present dominant view of time as linear. (Wow that sentence reads wierd)

The end is the beginning is the end.

The beginning is the end is the beginning.

If the previously dominating thought of time as cyclical as viewed by ancient China, the Persian Empire, the Babylonian Empire, the Celts, and several other cultural belief systems, then 2012/Armageddon easily is the equivalent of the biblical/Greek concept of genesis.

A further observation of the world around you will show the same, there can be no creation without destruction, as well as destruction can be seen as a form of creation. To build a building you must first destroy the landscape in some way. Even in the most ecologically friendly building methods such as the suspended tree hotels (I forget where), they had to harm the trees in a way as well as harm the landscape from which they obtained the building materials. Therefore creation is destruction.

Even in the modern world the theme of destruction=creation is present in such day to day phrases as "One door closes another one opens." So, the whole argument that the melding of the armageddon focus of the Chinese version and the rebirth focus of the International version of the expansion release as being completely illogical, is an illogical argument in and of itself and is made from a view of limited concept.

I could ramble more on the subject, but I think I'll just watch for another to spark my interest.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if there is anyway you can influence the dev's to not make it to that he with the USD wins. It would help enormously. I have nothing against CS'rs. I have everything against those not able to CS being something less then fish food.

I wish I could help but I'm just a moderator here. I can however let FrankieRaye know your concerns, which I will do. b:victory
  • Sylvestrina - Sanctuary
    Sylvestrina - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Moeo!
    It would actually be more directly linked to the predominating ancient concept of a majority of pre-roman cultural concept of time as cyclical rather than the present dominant view of time as linear. (Wow that sentence reads wierd)

I agree with you, although I am one of those who read Hawking and now consider time as the surface of a sphere (which basically means cyclical, but directed, time expressed in complex numbers). But that leads too far here. ^^

You're right, a lot of cultures consider(ed) time to be cyclical. I only mentioned the Chinese concept of Yin Yang here, because we're talking in the context of a Chinese game which already incorporates a lot of Chinese philosophy and mythology. There are a lot of things where Westerners spot contadrictions, but East Asians don't, and this one might be just one of them.

Anyway, I think the little trailer text we've got so far is not enough to judge anything about the new expansion. There will be more story text later, and this may answer our questions (or let new ones appear ^^).

And even if there is a contradiction, so what? It's not the first one. (Little example: FB29 is about rescuing Qinzi who is not evil but possessed by the Wraiths. Later the Bounty Hunter wants you to slay that evil boss Qinzi ...)
    The most important thing for me is that the new update adds to the gameplay neatly without generating major imbalances. And this, IMHO, first of all means: No more exchangeable DD classes, please. If the percentage of tanks and healers decreases further, I give up BH, TT and FCC - finding barb and cleric already takes about as long as the raid itself sometimes.

Greetings, Sylvestrina
    When in trouble,
    When in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout!
    (Freefall)
  • Linkmas - Sanctuary
    Linkmas - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    u know wut we need ? an opposing race , cuz so far they all work for one reason = destroy the wraith while the wraith has no one to destry the pu gun side
    know wut i am saying ? b:laugh
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world

Does this mean they're both magic classes?
    people with arcane powers and psychic abilities ;o

I myself am pretty excited over this. I hope though pwi will take it's time to get most bugs out of it and not rush the release.
    I gotta say the concept art looks great :) getting some ideas rushing trough my head on how the new race might look and probably also some new mobs. ^^
    Already got a pencil and paper sketching some stuff down. xD

Anyways.. I hope it'll be good, it might just save or really destroy the game :'D

EDIT: was wondering too ;o does pwi also have concept sketches somewhere uploaded :D ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Morath - Harshlands
    Morath - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no offense guys lol but why fuss over the title of the expansion i get where the title genesis is coming from but we dont have to make a big deal out of it if u get what i mean and again why is everyone complaining about the new race people did the same thing complain complain complain when the tideborn were arriving. Am beginning to feel for pwi lol cause everything they bring people complain non stop why dont we all just take it on the chin and hope for the best. the tide born wasnt such a disaster and its not like they came and EVERYTHING changed so if u get what i mean pls stop complaining guys lol b:thanks
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I see Dreamweaver is still full of QQers, even QQing about stuff they do not have the slightest info about so far. b:chuckle Way to go! How about WAIT and then cry?

b:sweat like Lost City is any better. Give me a break dude.
  • shuy7
    shuy7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    u know wut we need ? an opposing race , cuz so far they all work for one reason = destroy the wraith while the wraith has no one to destry the pu gun side
    know wut i am saying ? b:laugh

*looks around* Why am I in a squad with my enemies!b:shocked

Then when wraith attack comes, "Why I just killed my brothers and sisters, my masters or who ever possesses me"

"Helpb:sad I think I'm mentally illb:sad"
This discussion has been closed.