Pwi 2012

Options

Comments

• Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So I'm guessing this is the Monk/Wraith Angel classes, since it makes reference to a "4th dimension" and a lot of spiritual stuff.

It DOES look a lot like Cataclysm, which is really really cool because this game needed a lot of change to refresh it.

My roommate has an interesting theory. Could the "disaster" be an excuse to finally update the engine a bit? It would make up for months of missed bug fixes if they were working on patching them all in one giant update. Wishful thinking, I know, but...

This actually has me excited for this game for the first time in a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wait there's nothing in the site that says anything about the third eye being able to see though invisibility. It says that it can see the future.

what would be the point of a third eye, if not to see what regular eyes can not?

i predict:

attack and/or defense level party buffs
    detection level buffs: nerf sins, revive pk
    AOE attack speed reduction: nerf 5aps
    maybe attack speed increase buff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's just me or they speaking about a new graphic design?

"Second Life: Realising New Perfect World

After the sky-splitting,earth shattering catastrophe,Perfect World will welcome its Second Breathe of Life.Under the leadership of the 5 main Races, Perfect World will experience a rapid change.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If the expansion is coming out on 2012, I will be long gone by then.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    then they are finaly a balanced class :D

Well honestly I think sins are quite horrible once the stealth factor is gone. A Wizard or Cleric may be squishy, yes, but they can tank half the attackers (magic casters) fairly well. A sin just flippin' keels over and dies. Even archers, who share their crappy light armor, have the range neccesary to run away just long enough to heal or whatever if they're losing. Sins can only disappear once in the heat of battle, and if they CAN'T stealth out of battle because of this new class, then game over.

If the class that can see sins becomes a very common class, then the sin population will drop. Quickly. That or, I've always been fond of their Focused Mind buff. (And by fond of, I mean it's the ONLY thing that gives me trouble once I've tanked the initial stealth hit) Despite that, barely anyone uses it. Perhaps they'll start learning to.

Personally though, I question if that's truly what they mean about this "third eye" and the new class.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If the expansion is coming out on 2012, I will be long gone by then.

As has been stated, this is slated for release in China this December. This means that it will be ported to the US around late winter or early spring, in all reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wasn't Tideborn released here the same it was in China? I think it was... so we might get it around the same time for this one too.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This "the end of the world" theme is being overused but I won't hide the fact that I'm actually excited about it if they are really going to change the whole map and not just ad a small new area and a couple of instances...we did need this change.

I hope they will add or update the classes skills,too. The effects and all need a slight makeover.
    As far as the new classes are concerned I'm neutral towards them. If they introduce a Bard-like class I'll most likely try it out (I love debuffer classes) but I think the Venomancers will still be my favourite xD I only hope they'll manage to keep a balance. I'm not referring to PvP/PK but to the game in general. I don't want to see some kind of super cool overpowered new classes that can do this and that just so the player will leave their old characters and start new ones..

I'm excited but I won't have high hopes until more details are revealed :o I want a damn update for the old classes!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Interesting.

Tho i dont think new classes are really needed (i suppose they make money tho, which keeps the game going) some new content would be nice.

A revamp over the game would be great, pretty it all up a bit and make it look fresh.

A nerf on sins would be a nice feature, depends if they have it as some kind of self buff, or a party buff. Perhaps similar to a Psy buff where it can only be on one person at a time but lasts a long time, it nurf's them, but not completely.

Throwing in other skills like a nice attack rate reduction would be good, I would imagine a DoT based class would make sence as DoT skills are not really used by other classes accept a nix's bleed, something with debuffs, a number of poison, bleeds, amps and such at their disposal, a magic class with a number of amps would finaly give a magic class wanted for running HH Nirvana etc.

No doubt attack / defence lvl will be involved somewhere.

The main thing i would love to see is some new gear farming instances, like a whole series like HH, or a number of seperate instances similar to FB's but only farmed for gear, with a diferent instance depending on lvl (can only enter if within that lvl bracket) and the gear is untradable. Would mean people farm their own gear, the instances would never be too easy because high lvls cant help out, game needs to be challanging, but not boring or over the top in the way Nirvana and HH have been made more challanging.

Wow, im going off on one now. But actualy quite excited for once about this game again.

Just hope its not a let down, just a bit of new content (outside of new classes) would make me happy, a revamp of the map and game engine and such would be fantastic.

EDIT: Frankie's been hinting at new content to try and keep us from raging about TT and such...guess this is it. Better have some kind of thing for farming gear (not quite as good as TT gear) or something in it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Throwing in other skills like a nice attack rate reduction would be good, I would imagine a DoT based class would make sence as DoT skills are not really used by other classes accept a nix's bleed, something with debuffs, a number of poison, bleeds, amps and such at their disposal
    Is it me, or did you just describe an arcane veno?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As far as the new classes are concerned I'm neutral towards them. If they introduce a Bard-like class I'll most likely try it out (I love debuffer classes) but I think the Venomancers will still be my favourite xD I only hope they'll manage to keep a balance. I'm not referring to PvP/PK but to the game in general. I don't want to see some kind of super cool overpowered new classes that can do this and that just so the player will leave their old characters and start new ones...

I agree. With the addition of sins, my wish to be a Sage Barb for their tanking ability is just about shot down. Sins and BMs go specifically for 5aps, so Barbs are forced to go to claws/fists if they want to tank. This means standing up, which takes away some of the advantage of playing a Barb, their high HP in True Form. I would really like to see something done to bring the Sage Barb back to what it once was, rather than just removing (essentially) a whole spiritual cultivation from a class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I agree. With the addition of sins, my wish to be a Sage Barb for their tanking ability is just about shot down. Sins and BMs go specifically for 5aps, so Barbs are forced to go to claws/fists if they want to tank. This means standing up, which takes away some of the advantage of playing a Barb, their high HP in True Form. I would really like to see something done to bring the Sage Barb back to what it once was, rather than just removing (essentially) a whole spiritual cultivation from a class.

I agree; barbs are already rare enough what with their high repair costs, but then your 3-5aps sins/clawchers/BMs, as well as herc-venos, make them even rarer.
    Let the tank-class tank, for trinity's sakeb:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    uh :3
    looks interesting.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I translated it with Chrome and it explicitly says it is based on the supposed Mayan calendar prediction (end of the world, start of a new world), not that it'll be released in 2012. b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I translated it with Chrome and it explicitly says it is based on the supposed Mayan calendar prediction (end of the world, start of a new world), not that it'll be released in 2012. b:chuckle

>.>

If it were to be released in 2012...

A) How many of us would still be playing?

and

B) I wanna be in a space rocket by then, zapping wraiths with lazors!

But yes......it does indeed say this b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is it me, or did you just describe an arcane veno?

The effects of veno's DoT skills are not really that effective in either PvE or PvP, accept the nix's bleed. Its more about the initial hit rather than the DoT effect, in the same way archers have poison and bleed skills, but are never used, even at lvl 11 they are still pretty ineffective. The first hit is fine, slightly more than an avg shot, but the effect with ticks of about 200 over 15 secs or something is not really worth coming away from auto shot. A class capiable of stacking multiple DoT skills that do reasonable dmg aswell as amps would be effective both in PvE and in PvP for taking down HA classes with high HP such as a cata barb in TW. It would also be a new form of combat for the game, Psy's brought a new form of combat with their buffs and quick channeling magic skills, sins too have mixed up PvP where they can turn the tide of a fight by killing key targets, people play more defencively when they think a sin is about, try to save some chi to use defence skills, save apoth pots where they might have used them before incase they get jumped. New classes should provide new play styles for all classes.

I was more looking at something with low dmg on the initial hit, but good dmg over time, multiple amps, both long and short time's and cooldowns on them, incuding effects such as pdef/mdef reductions, curse, amp, ex-poison, and perhaps a class specifc one, something to compensate against the demand for blademasters DG's in PvE and give other options for squading.

Ofcourse im just guessing, just trying to see what is missing from this game thats in others.

A second healing class, not quite as good as a cleric, but more defence or something, would also fit just aswell as a DoT based class, or a combination of the 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinderboy
    cinderboy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not to give false hope, but one of my factionmates can read some Chinese, and he found a post talking about a new type of ressurection...

It is actually about the in-game world getting a new, 2nd life, not a new ressurection.

Your friend can read some Chinese, but I am Chinese :D

http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/10/perfect-world-international-2012.html
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well honestly I think sins are quite horrible once the stealth factor is gone. A Wizard or Cleric may be squishy, yes, but they can tank half the attackers (magic casters) fairly well. A sin just flippin' keels over and dies. Even archers, who share their crappy light armor, have the range neccesary to run away just long enough to heal or whatever if they're losing. Sins can only disappear once in the heat of battle, and if they CAN'T stealth out of battle because of this new class, then game over.

If the class that can see sins becomes a very common class, then the sin population will drop. Quickly. That or, I've always been fond of their Focused Mind buff. (And by fond of, I mean it's the ONLY thing that gives me trouble once I've tanked the initial stealth hit) Despite that, barely anyone uses it. Perhaps they'll start learning to.

Personally though, I question if that's truly what they mean about this "third eye" and the new class.

sins have skills that prevent them of being killed too easy, once i crited a sin for over half ho with 1 shot,charm ticked, then atacked 4 more times and didnt killed him because of those anti kill skills, that kinda give sins a good way to survive
    imo the new class being able to see sins, deacrease atack rate and things like that would be nice, maybe would make pvp realy fun again and not first hit win as it is lately
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This "the end of the world" theme is being overused but I won't hide the fact that I'm actually excited about it if they are really going to change the whole map and not just ad a small new area and a couple of instances...we did need this change.

I hope they will add or update the classes skills,too. The effects and all need a slight makeover.
    As far as the new classes are concerned I'm neutral towards them. If they introduce a Bard-like class I'll most likely try it out (I love debuffer classes) but I think the Venomancers will still be my favourite xD I only hope they'll manage to keep a balance. I'm not referring to PvP/PK but to the game in general. I don't want to see some kind of super cool overpowered new classes that can do this and that just so the player will leave their old characters and start new ones..

I'm excited but I won't have high hopes until more details are revealed :o I want a damn update for the old classes!
    cinderboy wrote: »
    It is actually about the in-game world getting a new, 2nd life, not a new ressurection.

Your friend can read some Chinese, but I am Chinese :D

http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/10/perfect-world-international-2012.html

Thanks for giving me a better translation! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    anyone else found some "strange" similarity points from wow Cataclysm in this "patch preview" for pwi ? an new world design, with lava, higher lvl caps (atleast i guess they will push it) and so on...
    pwi had allrdy a sh*tload of commons to wow.. like the skills, classes come with, and a few more... but now, they rly burst it to an real clone :P

"Perfect World Entertainment presents *Cataclysm* ...erm sorry, i ment "Perfect World 2012" we present also our new races, Worgen for the Alliance and Goblins for the Horde... excuse me, i ment our new 2classes ofc *XZY* and *YXZ* ! also we re-designed the map apocalypse like, lava pools and allot of new areas are rdy to be explored. and all this is rdy to lunch at 7th December !"
    ...now even a monkey should check what im talking about... do PWE and Blizz have the same content adviser ?! ..it seems allot like
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sins have skills that prevent them of being killed too easy, once i crited a sin for over half ho with 1 shot,charm ticked, then atacked 4 more times and didnt killed him because of those anti kill skills, that kinda give sins a good way to survive
    imo the new class being able to see sins, deacrease atack rate and things like that would be nice, maybe would make pvp realy fun again and not first hit win as it is lately

Did I miss something? Did it really say something about decreased attack rate and I just read over it?

I'm just saying, people shouldn't get their hopes up. This basically only confirms that we will get two new classes and we'll get them fairly soon. Afterwards it's all just describing lore. One person makes a statement about "third eye" likely meaning anti sin, which ok I see the connection, but it's JUST speculation. Another person thinks "balance is coming" and tosses in an AOE slow spell to their speculation (was this actually written anywhere or was it speculation?), since that makes sense to combat 5 aps. Another person then thinks the class will be Soulburn resistant or Occult Ice resistant and wtf and then we all have these assumed changes coming, then when it actually comes and it only provides one of those, we're disappointed.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, as much as i may loathe Blizzard's game they do get a couple of things right every now and then, so if the cloning sticks to the good parts i don't have much issues with my MMO being "original". And besides, that game doesn't get Kemonomimi toons...
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, considering people always say (jokingly or not) "2012 is when the world's gonna end"...I'm not surprised by the theme of this expansion, nor would I be surprised if MANY other games have similar plans for expansion.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately my country's rich cultural heritage has once again become material ripe for exploitation... Seriously, people who think a weekend in Cancun entitles them to make all sort of wrong asumptions about Mayan escathology are what's driving this 2012 fad...
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its called... we lack original ideas so there you go
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately my country's rich cultural heritage has once again become material ripe for exploitation... Seriously, people who think a weekend in Cancun entitles them to make all sort of wrong asumptions about Mayan escathology are what's driving this 2012 fad...

Welcome to what it is like for 90% of this worlds ancient cultures.

ANYWAY
    This is exciting. I'm really curious about the new classes, especially if it's possible to break through stealth. And new parts and new.. Yeah. It seems fun. Maybe they even removed bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really think it would be a bad idea on their part to ruin the sin class.

If these new classes are able to always see through sin stealth then...

they need the ability to stop clerics from healing.
    ...drop a barb's hp to next to nothing.
    ...stop a bm from stunning people.
    ...stop venos from summoning/healing their pets.
    ...keep archers from picking people off at long range.
    ...make magic skills miss.

Seeing as we want to make it balanced and all. For all that people complain about sins having stealth as an unfair advantage, they aren't the only ones.

However a 'flash' skill that raises awareness for a very short period of time would be interesting. Give them a small window of time to see a sin.

Maybe the third eye into the future will give them a teleport ability like sins, where they can jump ahead in space to where they will be in the future...

No one knows, lets just get all excited and wait to get upset until there is actually something to get upset about.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Welcome to what it is like for 90% of this worlds ancient cultures.

True enough, although it doesn't make my point any less valid.
    I really think it would be a bad idea on their part to ruin the sin class.

If these new classes are able to always see through sin stealth then...

they need the ability to stop clerics from healing.
    ...drop a barb's hp to next to nothing.
    ...stop a bm from stunning people.
    ...stop venos from summoning/healing their pets.
    ...keep archers from picking people off at long range.
    ...make magic skills miss.

Seeing as we want to make it balanced and all. For all that people complain about sins having stealth as an unfair advantage, they aren't the only ones.

However a 'flash' skill that raises awareness for a very short period of time would be interesting. Give them a small window of time to see a sin.

Maybe the third eye into the future will give them a teleport ability like sins, where they can jump ahead in space to where they will be in the future...

No one knows, lets just get all excited and wait to get upset until there is actually something to get upset about.

Seems kind of self serving don't you think? Sins really are overpowered unlike the other classes you mention...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just wonder what element they will be wind possibly?They got all the others covered.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just wonder what element they will be wind possibly?They got all the others covered.

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is that 1 class will be melee (so no element) and the other was stated to be a ''shaman'' which sounds earth/wood to me.

Though that would give us 3 magic classes that use earth spells...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.