Pwi 2012

Options

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There's no point playing. The world will end in 2012, and then we'd have wasted the last month of our lives. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    No one will play the melee one if it doesn't have 5 aps/barb-level tanking capability. The magic one will just be another magic class rarely anyone plays.

Gonna be easier to get top ranking for tiger event though. b:quiet

Honestly I'm hoping that the sword class actually ports in an aspect of 3 kingdoms the hooksword, and creates a multi-sword type class that could use old bm swords and have a max of around 3 aps, hookswords and have a max of around 5aps, and a broadsword/claymore axe equivalent type sword.

As far as magic class, I've already got a wizard, cleric and psychic, so yeah, honestly, the liklihood of me playing another magic class is reduced, however if it is a bard port from FW as was suggested earlier in the post, a second healing type class with potential to increase damage of party, have additional debuffs not currently available, have consistant party heals, have constant reduction to specific status effects, etc, I'd be highly interested.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm hoping the new classes have more to offer than seeing through stealth. Kinda like I wish sins had more going for them than just stealth and bloodpaint.

Before Rising Tide expansion I was getting pretty tired of my veno an even stopped playing for a few weeks. None of the other classes interested me very much and my Qingfu, with its terrible nasty, sharp, pointy teeth, kept me out of most non guild squads for not being yellow or fat enough. I made a wiz and kinda failed. Went LA and messed up that build early on. Deleted. Made Barb, and deleted it early on too.

I was super excited about the TB classes because sins seemed like a totally new way to play the game i was already growing tired of, and psys seemed kinda lame. I mean a class thats skills require you to get hit....kinda dumb right? lol

I made my sin on day one, got to 64 and took a long look at the swamp and said "I'll try psy."

I never went back to sin or veno for more than a few hrs at a time. I messed up both of their builds and have since reset, but will probably never play them seriously.

Since I seem to lean more heavily on the mage side I'm really interested in the new one, and hope it has its own weapon type like psys. While I does mean that it will be harder to get one at first, I really do enjoy the idiot proof nature of not having a choice. I hated picking out my veno's wep from the multitude of "Magic" weps.

They prob won't have fast chan, but if I have even half the fun learning a totally new class as with sin and psy I'll be very happy. Assuming FW doesn't consume me b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not to give false hope, but one of my factionmates can read some Chinese, and he found a post talking about a new type of ressurection...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not to give false hope, but one of my factionmates can read some Chinese, and he found a post talking about a new type of ressurection...

b:sad

Nuu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Could that not just be 'a new resurrection' as in a new lease of life for the game?

If it's a new way of getting a res then it could be most interesting!

Maybe you get a zombie res for short time where you can go frenzy for a few seconds on the mob b:chuckle

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the whole wanmei page, translated, for those who cannot get it to load (SO many PM'ed me in game after I made the World Chat, saying they couldn't get it to load)

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4855/pwi2012.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Options

PW ripping off Bleach now?
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rhetorical question: Will the new classes steal The Fun crown of venomancers?

Elusive answer: They will most likely affect the remaining actively played classes.

Ironical explanation:
    Barb: get beat up alot, keep aggro. lately, struggle against sins aggro. Boring.
    Wizz: dps, straightforward, squishy. Very boring, and on the verge of extinction.
    BM: dps, aoe, still alive:) Meh.
    Archer: dps, obsolete, except in lucky-pk-shot-from-behind. Boo-ho-horing
    Cleric: heal ftw. Except sins... 4aps+bloodpaint=self-cleric. This one's special: Tiresome.
    Psy: the new wizz. Interesting cause its new.
    Sin: Teh uber shizzle. Second after veno as far as interesting goes, cause he can solo alot of stuff.
    Venomancers can always reinvent themselves. LA, AA, HA, tons of pets, arcane, melee.
    End Quote

Predictive statement: The active remaining *old* classes, BM and Barb/Cleric will become nerfed, due to active new replacement resulted from the Perfect World 2012 update.

Redundant addendum: The new classes however will become more gear dependant and relatively more powerful than the existing ones.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Are we finally getting the classes which can wield staffs and whips?! b:pleased

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/isubtype/76
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/isubtype/300

oh I can't wait..
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Asfer - Heavens Tear
    Asfer - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This expansion is a lot similar to another game's expansion, that's coming out soon.
    Want to know more about Forsaken World?
    Then go to:
    forsakenworldfans.blogspot.com
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

LOL, I love the bottom portion of this where it kinda overlaps and cuts out parts of words.

"...and by virtue of its excellent quality of the game exported to the United States. Japan United Hot Dance Party. Perfect present for most of..."

Seriously, how out of place does that seem?

oh I can't wait..

As far as staves, maybe, as far as whips, doubtful, as whips were a heavy veno weapon type that just happens to have been left in the programming code.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well im lookign foreward to that xd however i read the translation and actually couldn t make out a single word. are you gusy SURE this is an expansion comign to PWI?
    suuurely they woulda announces it in english as well if it was coming this december?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL, I love the bottom portion of this where it kinda overlaps and cuts out parts of words.

"...and by virtue of its excellent quality of the game exported to the United States. Japan United Hot Dance Party. Perfect present for most of..."

Meh, SnagIt was having an off day taking a scrolling webpage screenie xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Meh, SnagIt was having an off day taking a scrolling webpage screenie xD

Screengrab! Firefox extension is better and its free!
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Perfect World is a 5 year old game, it's outdated. It sounds like they are trying to "upgrade" this dying game. I love the idea, so long as it does not render my computer useless in playing these new areas/classes which it more than likely will since this is PWE and glitches/broken gameplay is one thing they do best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Screengrab! Firefox extension is better and its free!

b:thanks

Me Likey!

Ta very much....really should explore Firefox Extensions more >.<

<uninstalls SnagIt>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, they got my attention now I guess.....

If anything, I wonder if PWi will do a repeat like with the TB expansion, like open a new server, mega sales, etc.

rofl, maybe introduce an instance that gives gear better than Nirvana!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Doing translation now as fast as I can.Almost done,last 2 paragraphs.Now if only someone told me the four large expansions PW had,I'll be done
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nimh88 wrote: »

New race, 2 new classes... new race has the ability of "third eye" that can see thru sin's invis.

And then the sins began to suck balls.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lumpejudd - Harshlands
    Lumpejudd - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And then the sins began to suck balls.

then they are finaly a balanced class :D
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Translation:

Perfect World International 2012(yes,international.国际 means international) is based on the Mayans' prophecy of the End of the World.At PWYear 2012,a sky-splitting,earth-shaking catastrophe will befall Perfect World.A race of beings with mythical powers called "Spirits"(灵:Spirit 族:Simply means race) has already seen the future of Perfect World after the disaster and will lead the creatures of Perfect World on their journey to discover thier unknown fate and to rebuild Perfect World.

The Fourth World:Moving through a different world

In PWYear 2012,after the catastrophe,an awe-inspiring miracle of life sprung forth from the underground world.Being in a different dimension,the Undergound World is the home of the "Spirits".They will begin here and will join hands with other races to rebuild their homeland.The world after the catastrophe will move beyond the realms of the sea,land,air and Earth,the four dimensions.(海:Sea陆:Land空:Air地:Earth.I'm not too sure how to translate this four words so I'm putting it in as it means literally),bringing a magical experience across new dimensions to players.

The Third Eye:The mythical power of the "Spirits"

The new race,"Spirits",wields the power of the Thrid Eye which allows them to foresee the future.During the catastrophe,the "Spirits" used this power to see the future Perfect World,bringing hope to all life.The two classes of the "Spirits","Sword Spirit" and "Magical Spirit"(剑:Sword/Blade etc.灵:Spirit.魅:Magic/sorcery/spellcaster etc灵:Spirit) will use thier power to control nature,leading all races to survive the disaster,to rebuild their homeland.In Perfect World Internation 2012,players will experience the mythical powers of the Third Eye and be mesmerized by the 2 completely new classes.。

Second Life:Realising New Perfect World

After the sky-splitting,earth shattering catastrophe,Perfect World will welcome its Second Breathe of Life.Under the leadership of the 5 main Races,Perfect World will experience a rapid change.The formerly desolate homeland will be brought back to life,the grand base of the races will rise,the dream of home will lay just ahead of them.

A Different Journey:An Epic Journey of Creation:

In Perfect World International 2012,players will experience the world through all the changes,witness the rising of the "Spirit" race,shoulder the task of the reconstruction of Perfect World and experience themselves of this epic journey of creation

Regarding Perfect World International

Perfect World International is a perfectly and carefully built online 3D game from China.The
    game's philosophy is based on freedom,being the first to create a flying system,character customisation,fashion customisation etcetra,using beautiful graphics,rich content,comprehensive system has won approval from gamers from around the globe,earning itself the title of "Most beautiful 3D online game".In its four years of stable running,it has also released 4 large patches:"Sky's Fury,God's Punishment","Battle Song of Spirits","Legend of the Humanoid Fish" and "Angels and Demons Unbounded(I assume itThe Lost Empire,Age of Spirits, and Rising Tide but since they said 4 and I don't really know the names of them so I will translate it literally)and using its excellent quality,the game has moved to the USA,Japan,the UK,Singapore(I didn't know although I live here),Korea and to many other countries and territories,it is in hot demand all around the world,it has become the leading online game,and also being the first of its kind,created by the Chinese.

About Perfect World Co.,Ltd

Bunch of technical information about the company that burns my mind to translate

Did the best I could.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

oh I can't wait..

I can just see myself now....

OMG I AM WIELDING A TT MAT. *waves Giant Ape's Tail around*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Doing translation now as fast as I can.Almost done,last 2 paragraphs.Now if only someone told me the four large expansions PW had,I'll be done

Lost Empire
    Age of Spirits
    Tideborn

idk the 4th o.o
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you for your Translation, Google 'Engrish' is....amusing to say the least!

Second Life:Realising New Perfect World

After the sky-splitting,earth shattering catastrophe,Perfect World will welcome its Second Breathe of Life.Under the leadership of the 5 main Races,Perfect World will experience a rapid change.The formerly desolate homeland will be brought back to life,the grand base of the races will rise,the dream of home will lay just ahead of them.

A Different Journey:An Epic Journey of Creation:

In Perfect World International 2012,players will experience the world through all the changes,witness the rising of the "Spirit" race,shoulder the task of the reconstruction of Perfect World and experince themselves of this epic journey of creation

Hmmm.....

Guild Bases?

Houses being re implemented?

Pure speculation on what this could mean ofc, it could just mean that its a 'new era' for PW

I can just see myself now....

OMG I AM WIELDING A TT MAT. *waves Giant Ape's Tail around*

ROFLMFAO..... Ohhhh the mental image I had then >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The example I was given of stuff it could break was large scale server events (think Celestial Tiger, Christmas Event, etc..)

Since we're running a new event tomorrow, as well as coming out with some big new content very soon, we don't want to run the risk of keeping the outdated data file.

Yay now everybody will have the ''new class fever'' once again b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't mention it.b:thanks

Anyways,I think the part you highlighted is just some lore.That or maybe a revamp of the areas since they were destroyed.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sounds cool. But in reality they'll probably just send you to Arch at level 20.
    b:dirty
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm interested in this 4th dimension of the "spiritual world." b:pleased

Yes, sounds like a new large instance... alternate reality map for the win? :O

volst wrote: »
    Did FW fail in China so bad that they're trying to transfer the vamp and bard classes to PW? b:chuckle

Well I've been saying for a long time, Perfect World may be their oldest game, but it's still their bread and butter. Completely ignoring this game would mean they'd have to change their name. So this is their flagship game, of course it's still going to be updated. There are huge profits to be made, why completely abandon it when they can create content for it rather cheaply compared to the benefits they receive?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wait there's nothing in the site that says anything about the third eye being able to see though invisibility. It says that it can see the future.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wait there's nothing in the site that says anything about the third eye being able to see though invisibility. It says that it can see the future.
    everything is speculation... have to get used to that till they release all these new classes.
    now sins can see other sins... i guess 2 more classes seeing them wont be that much of a threat to them... if that will ever be implemented as a new skill

im more interesting in minor details, if they change some existing skills or weapons or armors or anything related to current update
This discussion has been closed.