Pwi 2012

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I just wonder what element they will be wind possibly?They got all the others covered.

Wind is metal in PW... You've probably been spending a bit too much time in FW forums...
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *sigh I was more hoping for a level cap lift and make it easier to lvl up in the 90s. b:surrender

As for what element the shaman would use, sounds more like wood, we could always use another wood or fire casting class.

The possible expansion concept sounds cool, but it kinda throws me off for a bit because this game is based off of Chinese mythology o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just a little comment on the speculation going on.

Last year when we got word that a new class was coming out these were a few of the ongoing rumors:

Psychics would wield whips. We can see how that turned out.

Psychics will have a skill that 1 hit KO's pets. This rumor obviously spawned from the nix bleed complaints. Now the complaints are about sins and we're speculating that the new class can see through stealth, anybody see a pattern here?

So just keep that in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Very nice! I hope we get an entirely new map and maybe a revamp of the game's graphics. The regular map and cities are getting a bit boring, this new change is sure to stir things up. The new classes sound really interesting. I'm thinking they're going to be like a nature spirit class; more ethereal than physical. The whole Mayan calendar thing is kinda off, never expected this to influence PWI. Maybe its an excuse to make such a big change. I hope more information comes out soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    2 new classes b:cute

10-man squads anyone? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wind is metal in PW... You've probably been spending a bit too much time in FW forums...

I never go over to FW if it is another PWE game and thought wind was an element in itself.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This sounds really interesting, I really hope they up the graphics gen of the map or totally reform it. I'm also really hoping for a staff class, I love staff fighters and PWI could definitely use one. Can't wait to see more on this and pic of the races
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Original idea or not, I like the "destroyed world" thing... looking forward to kill mobs between the ruined walls of Laggosaur or something similar.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    2 new classes b:cute

10-man squads anyone? b:chuckle

Well, rumor mills are already churning...might as well add some more possibilities, lol.

This could be another reason for the re-design...ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thinks of a necromancer/debuff class *drools*
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    These new classes better give a 50% attack debuff or they're useless.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thinks of a necromancer/debuff class *drools*

We clerics are the necromancer class. We can raise dead people, we have skills to conserve the flesh, we have curses too (seals). Yeah.. we are necromancers. b:laugh
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I never go over to FW if it is another PWE game and thought wind was an element in itself.
    wind / air is an element yes but every culture has different systems they use, if you study chinese medicine, you will see wood, metal, earth, fire and water. they have the same creation and destruction cycle as in game.

if you study ayurvedic medicine which is an Indian (as in india) system you will find earth water fire air and ether. then they also bring it to the three humors which would combine the elements air+ether, fire+water, and water+earth.

westerners belief is there is 4 elements, water fire earth and air, this is also the system used in pagan religions.

I am really looking forward to this change and hope that it involves a whole map upgrade b:victory The game has been needing a bit of a face lift and it would keep me playing a little longer I am pretty sure just to explore all the new map. If they did that i wonder how long that maintenance would be though b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    well as long as they dont make them fish i think im cool with it :/
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • WildStyIe - Lost City
    WildStyIe - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll be highly disappointed if one of those new classes isn't a buffing/mediocre heal class.

I might play PW again if we get that.
    If you expect the unexpected you might be prepared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    I am really looking forward to this change and hope that it involves a whole map upgrade b:victory The game has been needing a bit of a face lift and it would keep me playing a little longer I am pretty sure just to explore all the new map. If they did that i wonder how long that maintenance would be though b:surrender

I would bet they would spread the expansion/re-construct files between several patches, kind of like how they did the Rising Tide one. Then, on the release date, probably a 4 hour maintenance to kick it into gear and do final tests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    well as long as they dont make them fish i think im cool with it :/

They'll probably be some sort of emaciated zombie looking creatures with sunken eyes. (Yea, I have an imagination).
    I'll be highly disappointed if one of those new classes isn't a buffing/mediocre heal class.

I might play PW again if we get that.

So, make the need for a cleric that much less important. As it is now, with bloodpaint and a high enough attack speed, a cleric isn't really needed for many instances. Clerics have turned into a luxury that enables people to get careless and lazy.
    I would bet they would spread the expansion/re-construct files between several patches, kind of like how they did the Rising Tide one. Then, on the release date, probably a 4 hour maintenance to kick it into gear and do final tests.

I'm pretty sure that they have been adding a little bit at a time already and are just going to put together the pieces with that 4 hour long maintenance that will be needed to introduce the expansion.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wow lol this race sounds a lot like Cursed. O_o
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Next year we'll have plant people that are immune to bleed, are able to see sins, self heal, and **** candy. Oh wait.. that's assuming this game can even make it that long...
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree; barbs are already rare enough what with their high repair costs, but then your 3-5aps sins/clawchers/BMs, as well as herc-venos, make them even rarer.
    Let the tank-class tank, for trinity's sakeb:shocked

Barb's high repair cost? somebody else isn't playing their class right if the barb's having that much issue. Note: it's cheaper to play my 88 barb than it is to play my 74 bm or my 63 wizard, the only things I have cheaper than my barb are my 97 and 76 archers, and my 68 veno.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
    edited October 2010
    The only thing about your argument is that it is based on today's game. Let me take you back a year or so...

At one time, the sage barb was the main tank after 90.
    • At one time, BMs had to almost beg to be allowed to tank things that a barb was used for.
    • At one time, 5aps was only for the most elite of the elite players.
    • At one time, the DDs were told to nerf their damage or die.
    • At one time...the list goes on and on...

In today's version of PWI...

1. What's a sage barb?
    2. As was documented in another thread, barbs are being told not to Flesh Ream, "or else they'll take aggro and die"
    3. You don't have 5aps? All tanks have to have 5aps after 90.
    4. "Let the fist BM tank it, he's just gonna steal aggro anyway."
    5. and this list goes on and on, too...

Times change, apparently, and with those changing times, some things have to adapt or be phased out slowly. This is why you see so many barbs re-statting points into Dex after 90 to just be of use as a DD. THAT is the only reason your repairs are so much higher.

On a side note...which of those three classes has the best AoE? The second best? Barbs come dead last in AoE quality, unless you count Sunder (which is only cast in damage-nerfed True Form). Thus, it is actually easier for you to grind for the coins to make your repairs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=138271

Info about the new expansion.It will be called Perfect World:Genesis
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you poor poor fools can't see through deception. if you notice pwi is starting to get less money out of the game since the initial TB introduction. since so many TB's are already high lvl and high end geared spending hundreds or thousands of rl$ on the game. Their bigger spenders are loosing something to spend on. this new expansion with new chars is to try and balance sins to get more people to play. but they wouldn't mention it until AFTER people put so much into sin/psy that it's making pwi a million dollar company and video game investment. adding new classes is merely to keep payers here to keep paying, as well as get old players to pay a fortune on the classes just to beat up the sins, trying to make sins much much weaker so that people will in time make them all 5aps just to be able to stop the new class resulting in massive csing on both sides. don't you see it's a business move not a balance. As you dimwits should know by now pwi/pwe pw-cn,they don't really care about balance or players so long as they get a sizable paycheck from the players paying out the ***.

ps: read through a business move, and don't be so ignorant. cause chances are they had this planned before TB was released and were just waiting till they didn't make as much from the game and their income started to drop which for them is well, you get the idea by now.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It will not be called PWI 2012, but rather Genesis... see Frankie's post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=898402
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    "Perfect World 2012" is the name of the expansion relating to the Mayan end of the calendar at 2012 and is based on a disaster type event.

So new races? Around December?

Hmm... who didn't believe me when I predicted this months ago? b:chuckle

Wouldn't that mean you 10 man squad prediction will be true as well? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited October 2010
    Wouldn't that mean you 10 man squad prediction will be true as well? b:chuckle

Who knows, this might be part of the new dungeons...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It will not be called PWI 2012, but rather Genesis... see Frankie's post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=898402

This thread was made before frankie posted the name of this expansion for PWI.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well honestly I think sins are quite horrible once the stealth factor is gone. A Wizard or Cleric may be squishy, yes, but they can tank half the attackers (magic casters) fairly well. A sin just flippin' keels over and dies. Even archers, who share their crappy light armor, have the range neccesary to run away just long enough to heal or whatever if they're losing. Sins can only disappear once in the heat of battle, and if they CAN'T stealth out of battle because of this new class, then game over.
    Dude, seriously, fight some decent sins ffs.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Dude, seriously, fight some decent sins ffs.

b:scorn
    Maybe RT's Sins are more OP than ours?

.-. Scary thought. I won't be rolling a Psychic there I guess.
    >.> Now these new "I can see through your stealth" classes on the other hand.....
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only thing about your argument is that it is based on today's game. Let me take you back a year or so...

At one time, the sage barb was the main tank after 90.
    • At one time, BMs had to almost beg to be allowed to tank things that a barb was used for.
    • At one time, 5aps was only for the most elite of the elite players.
    • At one time, the DDs were told to nerf their damage or die.
    • At one time...the list goes on and on...

In today's version of PWI...

1. What's a sage barb?
    2. As was documented in another thread, barbs are being told not to Flesh Ream, "or else they'll take aggro and die"
    3. You don't have 5aps? All tanks have to have 5aps after 90.
    4. "Let the fist BM tank it, he's just gonna steal aggro anyway."
    5. and this list goes on and on, too...

Times change, apparently, and with those changing times, some things have to adapt or be phased out slowly. This is why you see so many barbs re-statting points into Dex after 90 to just be of use as a DD. THAT is the only reason your repairs are so much higher.

On a side note...which of those three classes has the best AoE? The second best? Barbs come dead last in AoE quality, unless you count Sunder (which is only cast in damage-nerfed True Form). Thus, it is actually easier for you to grind for the coins to make your repairs.

that barb is being told not to flesh ream, because he;s only gonna get agro back for a second and lose it again, it just makes more work for the cleric if the barb is reaming against someone doing more damage and is capable of tanking. its not personal, its game mechanics.

people have gone a little nuts with seeking 4.0/5.0 people for squads.

high DPS fists/claws are only mariginally useful in FF, they dont really reduce the fight time that much, frost is mostly AOEs

high DPS is completely useless for rebirth, if you see someone looking for a high DPS fist user for delta, stay away, they are doing it wrong.

looking for a high interval player for TTs 3-1 and below is kind of a waste, since most of the interval gear is 90+

nirvana is a different story, you want to go to nirvana, you need to make some investments, but what else are you doing at 100?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.