DQ Update! *Dragon Points*

Comments

• Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The dealbreaker for me, with this idea, might end up being which kinds of DQ items are redeemable for "dragon points". Specifically, the kind of "DQ" items that drop from mobs in Heaven/Hell and Cave of Sadistic Glee (Order of Underworld, Bhudda's Hands, and such). These high level drops don't even have an associated Dragon Quest related to them and have no use but to NPC for coins. Not only do they have a really poor drop rate, but they were also hit hardest with the -20% price reduction.

I guess it can't be too much to ask to spend some time playing in Heaven/Hell again besides for farming herbs?
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Interested too see how this pans out. Fact remains though that certain classes like dun dun dun yes Barbarians are still going too be caught short. They kill slow, they have massive repair bills just walking down the street. They always needed (ignoring hyper idiot 5aps fools on this issue for nirvana.)
    Yea we dont need hit point charms on for most part but we barbs have some of the highest costs in the game. The DQ price drop hit the very class thats needed the most the hardest. Barbs still need too tank TT's the costs are high. They are constantly a problem an the in ability too kill quickly an get a whopping 3 coins for our effots is basicly an insult too our intelligence. Im one hell of a lucky barb. My ingame wife an myself share all costs.
    She's a cleric an can kill fast i cant. im probably in a minority on this. btw this my alt barb we also have a pair of 100's barb/wizzie an do same. Share all costs. The drop rate on Dq's sucks post 90 always has. We need a list of items we'll be able to redeem. They need too be useful an the system needs too allow us too still make money.
    Im far from a greedy chap, i dont desire billions in pixel cash to make me feel complete. I do require to be able to make ends meet finacially.
    We for the most part grind together. Sell up repair an split the cash. How will party based grinding and dragon points be handled?

Just a silly question though, can the GM's provide us with a reason why DQ drops in heavan an hell are so utterly ****? It makes the entire concept of been 89+ pointless. aoe grind for 2 hours get 20 dq's + 200k repair bill for a barb. That means he in the hole which makes it a pointless excersise hence your not seeing even DD classes grind in heaven or hell.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Woh, why the hell are you getting so hostile over a simple comment? I just posted what I want, you don't need to get angry over it. I wasn't attacking anyone or starting anything, and your post really hurt my feelings. It's ironic that you called me infantile...

Fashions and mounts are "useful" to me, so I still consider them a possibility.

[/headdesks repeatedly]
    DQ-> Mounts = selling = inflation.

You loose.

Fashions and mounts are more "useful" to you because YOU my friend are new to the game and have no idea how that kind of thing would affect everybody else. Very foolish. b:lipcurl

And anga, it's deadpoolfool@live b:avoid
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    my only concern with the new DQ system is that it only allpys to CERTAIN DQ<<fail.
    Just a guess, but I'd be willing to bet that only the DQ 20 & 31 items are left out, because they're bank expansion items. It wouldn't be good to make them more expensive for newbs. In which case, the difference is pretty tiny, so not worth QQing about. That's just my guess though.
    Nerfing TW was suppose to help econom. - hasnt help 1 bit, TW died

Nerfing DQ was suppose to help economy - didnt, all u got was poor classes(unless they cs)

Nerfing TT was suppsse to help economy - didnt made it harder for average players to get thier gear, now they ether cs it or go w/o
    None of those were changed in order to help the economy. It was stated that, as a possible minor side-effect to changing TW that it might help the economy a bit, but the primary reason for changing that was in hopes that it would prevent a snowball effect, where once one faction got enough lands that the payout would help it get and keep the rest (I'm just talking about the intent here). Nerfing DQ and TT were for the purpose of dealing with botting and farming tricks that unfairly let only some people collect valuables with little effort, primarily in other versions of PW.

Still, they didn't have to do this at all, so complaining that they didn't do it perfectly to your satisfaction (even before all details have been released) is just absurd. Complaining that they did it for reasons that aren't true just makes it even worse.

Honestly, PWE is in a lose-lose situation here, where no matter what they did or didn't do, some people will complain. If they revealed the information early, people would complain. If they then had to change something, people would complain. If they didn't release the information early, people would complain. Etc...

I'm just happy that they are doing something, even if it took a while to fully design and get implemented, and I'm excited to hear further details.

Oh, and the fact that I've been collecting DQ items since the DQ price reduction makes me even more happy. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    [/headdesks repeatedly]
    DQ-> Mounts = selling = inflation.

You loose.

Fashions and mounts are more "useful" to you because YOU my friend are new to the game and have no idea how that kind of thing would affect everybody else. Very foolish. b:lipcurl

And anga, it's deadpoolfool@live b:avoid

ok i sent itb:cute
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Honestly, PWE is in a lose-lose situation here, where no matter what they did or didn't do, some people will complain. If they revealed the information early, people would complain. If they then had to change something, people would complain. If they didn't release the information early, people would complain. Etc...

I'm just happy that they are doing something, even if it took a while to fully design and get implemented, and I'm excited to hear further details.

Oh, and the fact that I've been collecting DQ items since the DQ price reduction makes me even more happy. b:laugh

No - PWI is in a lose-lose. PWE allowed the situation to happen when it had no need to. PWE CREATED this situation. A competent company wouldn't have carried the changes over in the first place. It was completely unneeded and pointless to bring it into this version. The PWI staff is just trying to deal with it.

But I do agree with clarification - PWI got screwed and at least they are trying to help.

And now I kinda wish I hadn't start actually doing DQs once the change started - if they actually end up being worth something b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Since you cant keep track of the guilds im in, the characters I haves PVP scores and the current ranking,I suspect this will be useless.

Just change them back to decent coin you money grabbing ****.
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hmmm... I'm guessing for an FW-like economy? Having two types of currency, one being tradeable and the other not, and with diferent market for each one?
    Please for the love of all that is holy, sacred, blessed, and otherwise unhealthy no more mirages.

^ This.

I wouldn't mind insignias though b:pleased
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ... Nerfing DQ and TT were for the purpose of dealing with botting and farming tricks that unfairly let only some people collect valuables with little effort ...

Good you guys realize that
  • ExodusZerati - Raging Tide
    ExodusZerati - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    but ofc these items will never be better than something we can get from the cashop right? Because I don't want people that play all day to have more power than my credit card
    /sarcasm

There is some truth in that sarcasm though lol. Nothing the implement won't make it so hard working players can get by without cashop (by npcing dq items) and that cashoppers will always have an unfair advantage, not just "items to make the gaming expereince more enjoyable."

It's not really fair to say that. With todays outside economy, not everyone has the ability to just whip out a credit card and buy whatever they want to better enjoy the game. Many have to farm for hours for just enough coins for an item that should only cost... maybe five gold.

I think this, though sketchy, could be a good idea for those people who do spend hours of game time trying to get one or two simple items to make the game worth it. Though, I doubt it'll happen. If PWI had the ability to do that, they would loose funds overall. So you may just get your wish DaKillanator.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey everyone,

So it's been some time since DQ items were changed to vendor for less coin, and since that time, we've tried to come up with ways to compensate you all for this.

I'm pleased to announce that we are only a few weeks away from implementing a new system that we hope you all will be happy with:

Dragon Points!

So I can't get too much into specifics just yet, as this system is currently in development, but the basic outline is this:

Certain DQ items, when vendored at NPCs, will not only give you in-game coins, but also "Dragon Points" on our site. Once you accumulate enough of these points, you will then be able to redeem them for various in-game items!
    I trust those items are not the very same things that are endlessly recycled during the bidding thingy.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It was stated that, as a possible minor side-effect to changing TW that it might help the economy a bit, but the primary reason for changing that was in hopes that it would prevent a snowball effect, where once one faction got enough lands that the payout would help it get and keep the rest (I'm just talking about the intent here).

The original explanations given for that change were purely about the economy. It was only after a lot of complaints and analysis showing the relatively minor economic impact of TW that they came up with additional reasons.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    None of those were changed in order to help the economy.

Actually you're wrong. Initially GMs first stated that TW pay was eliminated to keep people from receiving 'bucketloads of free money' that inflated gold prices. And DQ? It was nerfed because botters on CN were causing the economy to inflate because botting for coin is so relevant there. They have since altered their stance on TW pay, but the fact is on all of the older servers, it did nothing but take the real competition and drive out of TW.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just a guess, but I'd be willing to bet that only the DQ 20 & 31 items are left out, because they're bank expansion items. It wouldn't be good to make them more expensive for newbs.
    Since when has PWE cared about newer players, Sango?
    None of those were changed in order to help the economy. It was stated that, as a possible minor side-effect to changing TW that it might help the economy a bit, but the primary reason for changing that was in hopes that it would prevent a snowball effect, where once one faction got enough lands that the payout would help it get and keep the rest (I'm just talking about the intent here). Nerfing DQ and TT were for the purpose of dealing with botting and farming tricks that unfairly let only some people collect valuables with little effort, primarily in other versions of PW.

BULL CAMEL SPIT! Kanto and Frankie both stated that it was for the sake of economy, just like TW and TT. TW was partly done for the snowball, but not entirely, and you know that. You ALSO know it hasn't helped.

I'd LOVE to know why people would complain about early release info.
    It depends on the kind of 'change' you refer to. TW was not a change; it was suicide.[/QUOTE]

Well at least someone's happy on staff. Such things cannot be said for others.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    95% chance thisl suck.

4.5% chance this will be ignored like that tiger bage thingy.

.5% chance itl be decent :O
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wohoo untradeable items b:victory

so I guess I can get all my skills to lvl 10 with these untradeable items... nah b:angry

Npcs (Skill trainer, repair bills, potions) accept COINS only
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wohoo untradeable items b:victory

so I guess I can get all my skills to lvl 10 with these untradeable items... nah b:angry

Npcs accept COINS only

Huh...?

I'm pretty sure NPC's accept items and give you coins for it. >.>' whether it be 1 coin or 10million coins..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Huh...?

I'm pretty sure NPC's accept items and give you coins for it. >.>' whether it be 1 coin or 10million coins..

What he's saying is that NPCs don't accept untradeable items i.e. HP food as payment for skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What he's saying is that NPCs don't accept untradeable items i.e. HP food as payment for skills.

Oh. Sorry for misunderstanding. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I honestly rather want the 20% loss in coins back or not implemented at all. The economy? ha...what economy? It was ruined since jolly jones and the "you name it" packs were redistributed last year.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ertain DQ items, when vendored at NPCs, will not only give you in-game coins, but also "Dragon Points" on our site. Once you accumulate enough of these points, you will then be able to redeem them for various in-game items!

I love this idea!
    Pretty sure they're not going to be tradeable; we're trying to affect the economy as little as possible.

I am not sure about this reasoning -- every change is a change... and untradeable items from dragon points would open a market for dq items themselves.

But I am happy however you do this! I just want to be able to afford to grinding, again :)
  • Odinsghost - Dreamweaver
    Odinsghost - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    blah blah
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hhaha we will get chest of coins from DQP
    /sarcasm

Well lets see how this will work out. I guess DQ vendoring will grow. Anyways nice idea, as long as it wont need any boutique item to open/activate/unlock the DQP rewards.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ok here's another idea for rewards that may calm everyone's nerves...

repair potions~!

since as a barb kindly stated, grinding incurs a bunch of damage(as does combat in general), why not have one of those rewards be potions of varying strengths that allow you to perform "spot repairs" on gear? it would counteract the cost of repair, provide a decent compensation in return for grinding, AND it would be generally useful in every aspect of the game.

now before the flames fall on my head, i understand DD classes dont have to repair much ( my top 3 toons are DD btw...) and my idea is meant to be in conjunction wit other rewards.

i would also entertain an item that gives crafting exp for a specific craft, obviously this would require much balancing but i think it could work if properly implemented.
    edited October 2010
    oh, an i'm also a huge fan of making the perfect hammer a "premium" item. that thing is hardly worth buying to open a chest of coins, and the supply stash requiring 2 of them is kinda of needless, so to speak.
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ...I mean, I can understand being unable to change DQ prices back if they were hardcoded from Beijing...

It's really easy to change the DQ prices, you only have to change the values in the database file (elements.data) which will take less than 30 minutes...
    but why fix it in 30 minutes when they can implement a complete new point system b:chuckle

Coins, Gold, Event Credits, Dragon Points,... what currency comes next?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ok here's another idea for rewards that may calm everyone's nerves...

repair potions~!

since as a barb kindly stated, grinding incurs a bunch of damage(as does combat in general), why not have one of those rewards be potions of varying strengths that allow you to perform "spot repairs" on gear? it would counteract the cost of repair, provide a decent compensation in return for grinding, AND it would be generally useful in every aspect of the game.

now before the flames fall on my head, i understand DD classes dont have to repair much ( my top 3 toons are DD btw...) and my idea is meant to be in conjunction wit other rewards.

i would also entertain an item that gives crafting exp for a specific craft, obviously this would require much balancing but i think it could work if properly implemented.

The only DD classes that don't get a repair bill usually are;

Veno
    Cleric (If they are healing/DD'ing)
    Archer
    Psychic
    Wizard

Only way most of them will get a repair bill is during a random arggo in a dungeon, or they out in the world grinding on quest mobs. Which even then, most of the mobs drop dead BEFORE they even reach any of the above mentioned classes.

As for Sins and BM's.....Dude my BM has had a higher repair bill than my barb after a dungeon run. Literally. Did a TT 2-3. Barb repair bill was 132k, BM repair bill was 260k. Both went in with all gear repaired and same squad (used guild to help test this out). My barb tanked the first time, the second time we brought in another barb who was the same level range as my BM.

BM took arggo each boss, and he only has 1 piece of -int, and incurred more Repair than my Barb. Care to explain that?

As for sins.....Most of them, if they end up snatching arggo, either drop dead or get a good sized repair bill (something in the range of 150-200k).
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Only way most of them will get a repair bill is during a random aggro in a dungeon, or they out in the world grinding on quest mobs. Which even then, most of the mobs drop dead BEFORE they even reach any of the above mentioned classes.

As for Sins and BM's.....Dude my BM has had a higher repair bill than my barb after a dungeon run. Literally. Did a TT 2-3. Barb repair bill was 132k, BM repair bill was 260k. Both went in with all gear repaired and same squad (used guild to help test this out). My barb tanked the first time, the second time we brought in another barb who was the same level range as my BM.

BM took aggro each boss, and he only has 1 piece of -int, and incurred more Repair than my Barb. Care to explain that?

As for sins.....Most of them, if they end up snatching aggro, either drop dead or get a good sized repair bill (something in the range of 150-200k).

Fixed those for ya'...it does stand for "aggression."

Also, I like the repair potion idea! Would be nice to be able to save that coin for other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited October 2010
    lifehunting, i didnt mean it would be specifically for barbs, i dont play either class enough to know the nature of repair costs, i was under the impression the amount of durability directly related to repair cost? again it's irrelevant to my point, which is a "useful" in-game item to redeem these points for would be a pot that repairs gear in some limited fashion.

now as for DD, i play that role a lot, and i usually have to deal with repairing, not as much as the other phys classes though ( AOE i think, causes this, farren, rank, wyv, drummer, etc....), and in either case a repair potion will still be worth while.
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fixed those for ya'...it does stand for "aggression."

Also, I like the repair potion idea! Would be nice to be able to save that coin for other things.

Thnx I always mistype that one. No clue why tho....ohwell. Thanks for that little edit.

F.G. - Well while the durability is related to the repair bill it's not all that is accounted for. Personally before I got my BM's warsoul helm his repair bill never tipped over 100k unless i didn't repair for 2-5 days. Moment I got warsoul helm, even repair bill now is between 100k and 250k.

And true enough a repair pot would work wonders for a BM considering half the time we forget to repair ALL our weapons if they ain't equipped so we could end up with a broken fist during the middle of a run and be screwed :s
This discussion has been closed.