DQ Update! *Dragon Points*

Comments

• babybattersplater
    babybattersplater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't know, I think the only DQs that will be excluded are the low-level tier DQs. They're quite common, and anyone can just go make a newb character and farm them for points.

true that, but im waiting honestly to see what really happens, the above was a disscuision which is what Frankie asked for!! it is a vaild concern among lots of players
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On another note, you might aswell add copper/silver/gold dragon orders to the DP shop and delete dragon quests altogether b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Not even going to bother quoting at this point.

1) No, in terms of gameplay, fashion is not useful. I am telling you that you are wrong. A thousand more will tell you that you are wrong. And this is coming from a person who loves to buy fashion FYI, before you decide to label me as somebody who runs around never wearing fashion or whatever.

Fashion has no use. Period. End of story. Making yourself look good is not useful. It does not help you tank bosses. It does not increase your survivability. It does not give you amazing attack. It does not protect you from the guy who wants to PK you. It does not make skills more powerful. It does not help you grind monsters. It does not help you in an instance. It does not make your FC run easier. It does not increase the chance of drops. It does not increase the amount of coins, spirit or EXP you will get from kills. It will not revive you nor squad members. It will not give you immunity to debuffs.

It. Is. Not. Useful.

Looking good is not useful. For an insecure person like yourself, maybe it makes you feel better about yourself, but that does not make it useful when you play this game. It does not help you do anything in this game in terms of GAME PLAY. Game play involves tanking, killing, surviving, kiting, damage dealing, debuffing, buffing, reviving, working on your build and so on and so fourth. Game play does not involve sitting in West Arch preening your ego and telling everybody to stare at your fashion.

If you do not understand that fashion is a luxury, and is not useful for game play purposes at this point, then you are not insecure, you are simply stupid. Fashion will not help you farm DQ or play this game. Therefore it has no use when it comes to game play.

2) Being insecure is not an excuse for sitting here arguing with somebody, telling them to go away and stop arguing. At all. Stop trying to use it as one. You are just as in the wrong as I am for sitting here arguing, if not more so because of the two of us, you refuse to accept the fact you misunderstood my tone in my first response towards you and continue to insist that I was clearly totally obviously being rude.

As such, you're also telling me that you can defend yourself, but I shouldn't defend myself. Again, hypocrite much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nedira, to send a PM you have to click on the name/avatar of the person to whom you want to send the PM. This will take you to the Core Connect page of that person. Write down the name that appears above their profile picture. Now, go into your User Control Panel and select Send New Message. Put the username in the send to slot, then type up your message as usual. Click send and it should work (I have PMed a few people since the new social networking thing has been released).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So now...we start collecting DQitems (hoping that they will count) waiting for this new system to be launched...i just hope ill have that much slots

and if it won't be worth the time spent we'll just NPC all of em and start QQ on the forum that if once for all you had a good idea you ended up **** it...

but leaving precognition to psychic b:avoid

what is was gonna ask is:

can we have a sample of how the system works so we wont end up with a mass QQ and disagree ?

if you post lil of what you came up till now, we could help you for ONCE, since you always imply new features that come out double edged...LET US BE HELPFULL b:thanks

EDIT@ ladies arguing: fashion can be usefull since it prevents player to see your eqip so get your potential level...but since there's PLAYER INFO button the only use of fashion is to be shown and look pretty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Not even going to bother quoting at this point.

1) No, in terms of gameplay, fashion is not useful. I am telling you that you are wrong. A thousand more will tell you that you are wrong. And this is coming from a person who loves to buy fashion FYI, before you decide to label me as somebody who runs around never wearing fashion or whatever.

Fashion has no use. Period. End of story. Making yourself look good is not useful. It does not help you tank bosses. It does not increase your survivability. It does not give you amazing attack. It does not protect you from the guy who wants to PK you. It does not make skills more powerful. It does not help you grind monsters. It does not help you in an instance. It does not make your FC run easier. It does not increase the chance of drops. It does not increase the amount of coins, spirit or EXP you will get from kills. It will not revive you nor squad members. It will not give you immunity to debuffs.

It. Is. Not. Useful.

Looking good is not useful. For an insecure person like yourself, maybe it makes you feel better about yourself, but that does not make it useful when you play this game. It does not help you do anything in this game in terms of GAME PLAY. Game play involves tanking, killing, surviving, kiting, damage dealing, debuffing, buffing, reviving, working on your build and so on and so fourth. Game play does not involve sitting in West Arch preening your ego and telling everybody to stare at your fashion.

If you do not understand that fashion is a luxury, and is not useful for game play purposes at this point, then you are not insecure, you are simply stupid. Fashion will not help you farm DQ or play this game. Therefore it has no use when it comes to game play.
    I wasn't arguing that fashion has a use in gameplay. Of course it doesn't. But it does have the use of looking good, which for some of us is just as important as gameplay, if not more. Heck, some of us would be content with just a fashion game without any weapons, stats, etc. Would you still argue that fashion don't have a use then?
    2) Being insecure is not an excuse for sitting here arguing with somebody, telling them to go away and stop arguing. At all. Stop trying to use it as one. You are just as in the wrong as I am for sitting here arguing, if not more so because of the two of us, you refuse to accept the fact you misunderstood my tone in my first response towards you and continue to insist that I was clearly totally obviously being rude.

As such, you're also telling me that you can defend yourself, but I shouldn't defend myself. Again, hypocrite much?
    I don't need an excuse to defend myself, if that's what you think I said that for. And I didn't say that you shouldn't defend yourself. But you're not. The only thing you're doing is going on the offensive.

This isn't even about my original post any more, is it?

Edit:
    Nedira, to send a PM you have to click on the name/avatar of the person to whom you want to send the PM. This will take you to the Core Connect page of that person. Write down the name that appears above their profile picture. Now, go into your User Control Panel and select Send New Message. Put the username in the send to slot, then type up your message as usual. Cluck send and it should work (I have PMed a few people since the new social networking thing has been released).
    Oh thanks! That Core Connect thing is kinda confusingb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nedira, I'm just gonna say this....

Obviously, you haven't been on the forums that long. Because then you would know that Airyll is stating the truth. It maybe in a bluntly honest tone, but it's the truth. I can assure you this is definetely not him/her being rude. I've seen enough of his/her posts to know, even if it's not all 2k+.
    >.<
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    can we have a sample of how the system works so we wont end up with a mass QQ and disagree ?

if you post lil of what you came up till now, we could help you for ONCE, since you always imply new features that come out double edged...LET US BE HELPFULL b:thanks

I think posting a sample would be a great idea, but at the same time that in itself is a double edged sword. After all, people are going to complain whether the idea actually works or not - and therefore giving away more detailed specifics about how it works before it actually comes out could prove to be a bad thing.

I do have to say that it would be nice if it was implemented after being tested to make sure it was all in working order, but I think giving a sample at this point would probably be a bad idea. The plan needs to settle in people's heads first.

Although, it's a little silly to be so very vague and then ask people to discuss. After past history, that's asking for a bunch of trouble. I'd rather have the idea kept vague but then not being asked to discuss it, otherwise people's minds wander. Typically to the negatives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    holy christ get a room you two, nobody else gives a damn about your war of walls of text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I'd rather have the idea kept vague but then not being asked to discuss it, otherwise people's minds wander. Typically to the negatives.

expect the less so you wont be disappointed ?

yeah...my typical attitude toward F2P games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Nedira, I'm just gonna say this....

Obviously, you haven't been on the forums that long. Because then you would know that Airyll is stating the truth. It maybe in a bluntly honest tone, but it's the truth. I can assure you this is definetely not him/her being rude. I've seen enough of his/her posts to know, even if it's not all 2k+.
    No, I am not new to the forums. And even if I was, it don't matter. Calling someone names, whether the truth or not, is rude. I'm blunt too, I should know.

I always do! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    I wasn't arguing that fashion has a use in gameplay. Of course it doesn't. But it does have the use of looking good, which for some of us is just as important as gameplay, if not more. Heck, some of us would be content with just a fashion game without any weapons, stats, etc. Would you still argue that fashion don't have a use then?

Okay. I'll make this really simple for you. Super really super simple.

Frankie said the items would be useful. We can all assume he meant, therefore, Hyper stones, pots or other useful items. After all, you are earning these items by playing the game, killing monsters and having to survive.

Had Frankie just said "redeemable items" I would have had absolutely no qualm with your little "I want mounts and fashion" statement, aside from the fact it came across as exceptionally rude in it's own way. However, Frankie did not just say that.

Redeemable items that will be useful.

I love fashion to the point I have gone broke buying it. I love fashion, I love getting items of it that I think look cool, or pretty or awesome. It's a terrible bad habit. I also love mounts, and have gone through so many it's enough to make me sick when I think about the amount of Lunar items I could have made with that money. But to me they are not useful. Having fashion is important enough to me that it bothers me if I'm not wearing it but it is not useful, it never has been useful and unless they suddenly give it magical powers, it never will be useful.

And therefore, yes, I will argue that fashion has no actual use when talking about it's usefulness in context with gameplay. Frankie was talking about usefulness in context with gameplay. That means tanking, killing and everything else I listed. Therefore, no, fashion is not useful in this instance.

I don't need an excuse to defend myself, if that's what you think I said that for. And I didn't say that you shouldn't defend yourself. But you're not. The only thing you're doing is going on the offensive.

This isn't even about my original post any more, is it?

I asked you why you were practically insisting that I should stop arguing, and you said that it was because you were insecure and felt the need to defend yourself. That is an excuse. Particularly because you then had to ask me what I had to lose from just walking away.

If you cannot walk away from an argument, do not ask or demand that others do the same. And yes, you have told me to stop arguing - it was very much implied when you decided you had to explain how your insecurity meant you apparently had to defend yourself but I totally had nothing to lose by walking away. (And that's a very nice assumption too, because you know absolutely nothing about me and have no evidence with which to make the assumption I have nothing to lose from walking away.)

-edit-

A good attitude to have in several aspects of life, actually.

I suppose the discussion was allowed because it keeps a sense of communication going, so in a way Frankie is only trying to live up to his promise of better communication. I just think it was perhaps a little unnecessary while details were so few and far between - as then it's not as much discussion more then it is theorising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    my only concern with the new DQ system is that it only allpys to CERTAIN DQ<<fail.

all dq was nerfed.

I agree with this statement. All DQs were nerfed; all DQs should give points. By making only certain DQs give points you will just end up with catshops selling those DQs for very high prices (let's hope they aren't the bank quest DQs). Not to mention the fact that specific grinding areas will be overrun.

I have specific mobs I like to grind. What happens if the DQs they drop aren't on the list? How am I compensated? It is unfair for you to make us wait for 5 months for a promised compensation and then not even give us something that applies to all DQs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Okay. I'll make this really simple for you. Super really super simple.

Frankie said the items would be useful. We can all assume he meant, therefore, Hyper stones, pots or other useful items. After all, you are earning these items by playing the game, killing monsters and having to survive.

Had Frankie just said "redeemable items" I would have had absolutely no qualm with your little "I want mounts and fashion" statement, aside from the fact it came across as exceptionally rude in it's own way. However, Frankie did not just say that.

Redeemable items that will be useful.

I love fashion to the point I have gone broke buying it. I love fashion, I love getting items of it that I think look cool, or pretty or awesome. It's a terrible bad habit. I also love mounts, and have gone through so many it's enough to make me sick when I think about the amount of Lunar items I could have made with that money. But to me they are not useful. Having fashion is important enough to me that it bothers me if I'm not wearing it but it is not useful, it never has been useful and unless they suddenly give it magical powers, it never will be useful.

And therefore, yes, I will argue that fashion has no actual use when talking about it's usefulness in context with gameplay. Frankie was talking about usefulness in context with gameplay. That means tanking, killing and everything else I listed. Therefore, no, fashion is not useful in this instance.
    Fair enough. In the context of Frankie's post, I guess you're right. b:shutup

But to clarify what I was saying, you use fashions to look nice... by definition, it is useful. I agree that they aren't useful for gameplay, but that isn't to say that they are totally without use.
    I asked you why you were practically insisting that I should stop arguing, and you said that it was because you were insecure and felt the need to defend yourself. That is an excuse. Particularly because you then had to ask me what I had to lose from just walking away.

If you cannot walk away from an argument, do not ask or demand that others do the same. And yes, you have told me to stop arguing - it was very much implied when you decided you had to explain how your insecurity meant you apparently had to defend yourself but I totally had nothing to lose by walking away. (And that's a very nice assumption too, because you know absolutely nothing about me and have no evidence with which to make the assumption I have nothing to lose from walking away.)
    Then tell me. Tell me you have something to lose if you walked away. Because I am far more compassionate for people that do have something to lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Everybody here realizes that, in the ToS they agreed to, there was a clause saying that PWI reserved the right to make changes without informing the users. this means that they actually did us a favor in even warning us about the change in price. Now, even though they don't have to at all, they are adding a new feature to make up for an update that they had no control over. Be grateful for what you get, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't like how my armor looks, therefore fashions are USEFUL to make my character look better.

Anyway its clear you players want too much for too little. Nothing new there.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    No, I am not new to the forums. And even if I was, it don't matter. Calling someone names, whether the truth or not, is rude. I'm blunt too, I should know.

I did not say you were "new" to the forums. I was simply stating that you haven't been around as long as some, seeing as you didn't understand Airyll's tone. Also, pointing out that someone comes across as infantile, selfish, egoistical, or whatever else you want to throw in is not "name calling". Name calling would be along the lines of using childish yet cruel terms against a person. i.e poopyhead, dumbdumb, or anything else that sounds childish yet insulting.
    >.<
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fashion is hugely important to spiritual cultivation and character growth.

You're a horrible player if you can't pick the right outfit for the task, right?

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Fashion is hugely important to spiritual cultivation and character growth.

You're a horrible player if you can't pick the right outfit for the task, right?

b:chuckle

b:shocked OMG i always go around naked...is that why i havent got my 79 skill yet ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    -- Maybe it's only me but.. This information leaves a weird taste .. hum a strange taste .... oh yeah taste more or less like the taste of a big pile of........ bs ?
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    b:shocked OMG i always go around naked...is that why i havent got my 79 skill yet ?

I go around virtually naked in a perfect pink bikini, and i got my 79 skill b:cute

u just don't know how to make your barb strut his stuff in those boxers b:laugh
    >.<
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Everybody here realizes that, in the ToS they agreed to, there was a clause saying that PWI reserved the right to make changes without informing the users. this means that they actually did us a favor in even warning us about the change in price. Now, even though they don't have to at all, they are adding a new feature to make up for an update that they had no control over. Be grateful for what you get, IMO.

I never said I wasn't grateful. Please tell me where I said otherwise if I have done so.

I am exceptionally grateful that we're seeing results. As somebody said earlier, it's the first step in the right direction - and there is a saying that says the first step is the hardest. If things continue to improve from here, then things have clearly taken a very good turn, and I for one will be a very happy player and customer.

I was merely pointing out that asking people to discuss vague information, in PWE's case, is asking for a bit of trouble, as it leaves huge openings for other, less satisfied players to gripe, complain and theorise all possible negatives along with their typical foreshadowing of how this game is apparently dead.
    Fair enough. In the context of Frankie's post, I guess you're right. b:shutup

But to clarify what I was saying, you use fashions to look nice... by definition, it is useful. I agree that they aren't useful for gameplay, but that isn't to say that they are totally without use.

If we are really going to argue semantics, and go right down to the very core of the definition without considering context, then yes fashion has a use, and I would be technically wrong to condone it completely useless.

But from my personal standpoint - which focuses more on use in game and helping me play - fashion does have no actual use. It's just there to look pretty.
    Then tell me. Tell me you have something to lose if you walked away. Because I am far more compassionate for people that do have something to lose.

I have nothing to lose, actually. I never said I did, only that you shouldn't assume somebody does or does if you do not know.

On that note, however, neither do you. You have nothing to lose if you walked away from the argument. In fact you probably could hold your head up higher then I could hold mine, because we would both know you did the mature thing.

Much like you are insecure and thus feel you must retaliate, I am the sort of person that loves to argue. I would not call it compulsive, but arguing and debating are two things I quite like to do - whether I am in the right or wrong - and as such I felt I had to respond to you. Imagine it as every response you made challenged me to respond back, if it makes it easier to understand.

Neither of us had anything to lose, and we both had everything to gain from walking away. Yet, we chose to argue, you because you felt you had to defend yourself, and me because I felt I had to rise to the challenge of arguing with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TraciLords - Lost City
    TraciLords - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Untradeable? Suddenly this idea seems to be missing the entire point of the whole "DQ prices were nerfed thus curbing coin income of those who would grind it for money."

=|

An intelligent person could easily find a way around that...
    edited October 2010
    Airyll, not to be rude (because we've seen how THAT turns out), but I wasn't talking to you. ^^

There are plenty of people already "QQing" about how it will more than likely not be "full compensation." Those are the people I'm talking to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Frankie says couple weeks, so we have at least 2 months to discuss.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Airyll, not to be rude (because we've seen how THAT turns out), but I wasn't talking to you. ^^

There are plenty of people already "QQing" about how it will more than likely not be "full compensation." Those are the people I'm talking to.

Never meant to imply you were, I merely quoted you, gave my stance on it and then followed up with a statement about why people are QQing right now.

They QQ right now because they were just given the perfect opportunity to do so. Vague information with nothing really defined, and after all the false promises and five months of waiting, to let people openly discuss such vague ideas was stupidity in it's own way. That is why people are QQing right now.

And to be honest in some ways... I can't blame all of them. Half a year of promises has come to fruition in this vague idea that already clearly doesn't cover all DQ items, despite the fact all DQ items were nerfed. Frankie just inadvertently loaded the weapons of the people shooting at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Yes, if you don't have the right fash on, or if your colors clash, you'll be kicked out of frost... can't have fail players in my squad... huh uh! b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aurvandill - Dreamweaver
    Aurvandill - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:pleased
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    I did not say you were "new" to the forums. I was simply stating that you haven't been around as long as some, seeing as you didn't understand Airyll's tone. Also, pointing out that someone comes across as infantile, selfish, egoistical, or whatever else you want to throw in is not "name calling". Name calling would be along the lines of using childish yet cruel terms against a person. i.e poopyhead, dumbdumb, or anything else that sounds childish yet insulting.
    I humbly disagree.
    I don't like how my armor looks, therefore fashions are USEFUL to make my character look better.
    ^ this.
    If we are really going to argue semantics, and go right down to the very core of the definition without considering context, then yes fashion has a use, and I would be technically wrong to condone it completely useless.

But from my personal standpoint - which focuses more on use in game and helping me play - fashion does have no actual use. It's just there to look pretty.
    I wasn't saying fashion was useful in gameplay in the first place. So yes, we are in agreement.
    I have nothing to lose, actually. I never said I did, only that you shouldn't assume somebody does or does if you do not know.

On that note, however, neither do you. You have nothing to lose if you walked away from the argument. In fact you probably could hold your head up higher then I could hold mine, because we would both know you did the mature thing.

Much like you are insecure and thus feel you must retaliate, I am the sort of person that loves to argue. I would not call it compulsive, but arguing and debating are two things I quite like to do - whether I am in the right or wrong - and as such I felt I had to respond to you. Imagine it as every response you made challenged me to respond back, if it makes it easier to understand.

Neither of us had anything to lose, and we both had everything to gain from walking away. Yet, we chose to argue, you because you felt you had to defend yourself, and me because I felt I had to rise to the challenge of arguing with you.
    Eh, I had some time to waste anyway. It bothered me at first, but it's just like any internet debate. You are a formidable opponent though, and I respect that.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sodaras
    sodaras Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*

ah well im curious about these dragon points. ty frankie
This discussion has been closed.