Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Options

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ill pretend that made sense. Alawlawlawalwlwhatever that means...

Translation: Aisubeki was banned by the new CM, who unbanned you.

Not hard to understand ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nobody unbanned me, i just made a new account. aisubeki is my woman's veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How disappointing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tearvalerin
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How disappointing
    whatever she does is her perogative. not my problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    whatever she does is her perogative. not my problem.

I was more referring to the fact that frankie did not unban you xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tearvalerin
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i've never been on the same page with moderation, theyre more against me than with me half the time :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i was framed and was labeled for 'flagrantly disreguarding rules and previous warnings' by our previous community manager, whom im glad is no longer employed here. i consider it karma.
    You weren't framed by ews and maybe that ban plus your last finally taught you a lesson.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ravewyn - Harshlands
    Ravewyn - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I loooovvveee this guide :D it has helped me alot especially the grinding link to the map ^^ b:laugh
  • sgausman
    sgausman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have a quick question about the Crystalline Magmite and the Glacial Walker

I have seen both, and their stats look really similar to me, is the Glacial Walker just as good? if not what makes the Magmite better?
  • Controla - Archosaur
    Controla - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Herc cost 20 mil though. We ought to be able to take out loans in this game, lol... I guess you need money to make money.b:chuckle
    i wish u didn't have to pay "money" to get the cool stuff i wish u could have an npc that just sold the stuff
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Man I wish stupid spoons ban would be reversed, this guide needs housekeeping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • naval
    naval Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So I just started playing this game and like the venomancer so far and I think this guide is great compared to the others I read but I'm just trying to understand what pets to get as I level. I know that the goal is to get the herc or crystalline magmite for pve but as a low level veno what pet should I have until I can get the crystalline magmite and what level do you have to be to tame it ? I'll be honest I didn't read all 41 pages of this thread so if this has been stated I apologize for re asking.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    crystalline magmite? yeah, it'll do. it's third best after the herc and (narrowly) after the glacial walker. but the walker is slightly better, so if you're reading guides that don't mention the walker, you're going by outdated information.

the magmite is level 17/18 and the walker is level 19. getting to 20 takes, what, four hours of gameplay? it doesn't matter what you use in that short time; use the default starter pet, whichever one of the two you picked, they'll either one serve just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • naval
    naval Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thanks alot :) I didn't see the glacier walker listed in the original guide so I'm glad you said something.
  • MiniRawr - Raging Tide
    MiniRawr - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i have a question i wanna make a pve veno would 1str 1vit 8magic work as well >_> since the owner of this fourm is banned can someone help me if this good?
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1 str, 1 vit, 8 mag is fine. You'll loose a little magic attack but gain some survivability. You may want to set a cap for your vit in case you decide to restat later. 53 base fits nicely inside a reset. Better gear/refines/shards should be used to compensate in either direction.
  • MiniRawr - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1 str, 1 vit, 8 mag is fine. You'll loose a little magic attack but gain some survivability. You may want to set a cap for your vit in case you decide to restat later. 53 base fits nicely inside a reset. Better gear/refines/shards should be used to compensate in either direction.

If i cap Vit at 10 would i still be classified as a pure if i contuine along with my lvs as 1str 9magic
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If i cap Vit at 10 would i still be classified as a pure if i contuine along with my lvs as 1str 9magic

i'd still consider you pure mag, with that little vit. i get more vit than that from my equipment alone. but if you're not going to add any more vit than that, why even bother? that's not enough to make any difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • MiniRawr - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i'd still consider you pure mag, with that little vit. i get more vit than that from my equipment alone. but if you're not going to add any more vit than that, why even bother? that's not enough to make any difference.
    Then How Much Vit Shall i Cap it at 15,20,25,35+
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then How Much Vit Shall i Cap it at 15,20,25,35+

that's totally a question of personal taste. when you feel your HP's high enough to handle the damage you take and you're not struggling to stay alive too much, in most of the game situations you usually encounter, that's enough. it all depends on how you usually play, and on your equipment as well --- nobody but you can tell when your health is working right for you.
  • MiniRawr - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that's totally a question of personal taste. when you feel your HP's high enough to handle the damage you take and you're not struggling to stay alive too much, in most of the game situations you usually encounter, that's enough. it all depends on how you usually play, and on your equipment as well --- nobody but you can tell when your health is working right for you.

i was told by my friend just put 10vit in the starting area's and then go on trying for 1str 9magic build till 55str is reached then either contuine the hybrid or take the points off and go all magic
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nice guide. Is it still useful to use? I just started a veno alt and it's fun as seeker well nearly. Oh yeah it said crystal magmite is 2nd beat for pve but why not walker? Also do I need lire pet? That is all my questions so far :)b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This guide predates the introduction of the walker. The walker surpasses the magmites by a fair bit in several stats, and nearly equals them in the others.

Unless you're duoing with another veno, a lure pet is very useful as you can stow your lure pet and summon an undamaged tank pet to catch with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This guide predates the introduction of the walker. The walker surpasses the magmites by a fair bit in several stats, and nearly equals them in the others.

Unless you're duoing with another veno, a lure pet is very useful as you can stow your lure pet and summon an undamaged tank pet to catch with.
    if you could send a request to a mod to update that, it would be lovely. have them confirm they can edit it, and i can host an image of the glacial walker for the guide.

for the most part, a lot of it is still accurate/a good base line for those needing to learn basics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have a question with regards to my veno..when I first started out I followed the pure mage build (and magic skill set) and wear AA. Now I'm lvl 60 and have some magic skills maxed out (venomous scarab, bramble, ironwood scrab, etc) while others are lvl 5-8. I'd like to start getting and playing around with the fox set of skills..would I need to tweak where I'm putting my points in and is it possible to use the fox skills with my build? With my mostly magic build which fox skills would work best for my character?
  • Aezwen - Archosaur
    Aezwen - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    All your skill trees can be used regardless of your stats
    However, due to your build, many of your fox skills will suffer in power
    I recommend getting amp and purge because they are so useful
    b:lipcurl please fix my avatar
  • SoulChaser - Harshlands
    SoulChaser - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the guide - combined with the other one, I think it's pretty helpful.

The one thing I'd like to see in a discussion of a veno guide though...
    The quests to increase your pet bag size (hay, cage - I don't know if there's others?)

Where do you get the hay and cage from? (other than buying off other players)

In the end, how many hatched pets can you actually have running?

Also - and I know you figure this out pretty quickly, another quick mention on pet management... reverting them to eggs and then hatching them later will wipe out all their built up loyalty.

I wasn't sure if this already got answered, I didn't read much further comments, but if it wasn't.

Venomancers originally get 2 pet bag slots, for a third one you need 20 hay. Hay can be dropped, but if you're at a low level, level 8 turtles will drop them, and then antelope pups at 30.

For a 4th slot you need 300 fruit, once again you can get them from drops. I can't remember most of them, but SoulChaser antelopes drop them at level 54. it would be easier to buy those, it would take a LONG time.

As for any more slots in your bag you need a cage, that gives you 1 slot each cage you buy. If you buy a super cage you get the maximum, which is 10 slots in a pet bag.

WARNING:I did this, XD my fault. But for the 3rd and 4th slot, if you decide to use a cage instead of gathering materials you will no longer get that chance to use those materials and must use a cage. Hay and Fruit are a huge requirement for 3rd and 4th pet bag slot. I used it on my 4th slot, then bought 300 hay and it wouldn't allow me. So I highly suggest you take advantage of gathering those. That cage could have been used for a 6th slot :P Now I only have room for 4 pets, luckily I got enough gold gathered up for one more slot, so I could have a mount.. >.<

As for the "hatched pets" You can only have one pet summoned at a time. :P Sadly. If you have a mount out too, your pet will go back in your pet bag.
    Pokemon lover since 1998~
    PWI since 2008~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I wasn't sure if this already got answered, I didn't read much further comments, but if it wasn't.

Venomancers originally get 2 pet bag slots, for a third one you need 20 hay. Hay can be dropped, but if you're at a low level, level 8 turtles will drop them, and then antelope pups at 30.

For a 4th slot you need 300 fruit, once again you can get them from drops. I can't remember most of them, but SoulChaser antelopes drop them at level 54. it would be easier to buy those, it would take a LONG time.

As for any more slots in your bag you need a cage, that gives you 1 slot each cage you buy. If you buy a super cage you get the maximum, which is 10 slots in a pet bag.

It's only 50 fruit for 4th pet bag slot, and you can get a free 5th one for 100 fungus. It's only after that that you require a cage for further expansion. (A super cage isn't cost effective if you've done more than 2 expansions using fodder or cages.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide
    Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:crycan someone help me i have 35str 270magic and lv60 is it to late for me to take those extra 60points points in magic to put in them in vit what i mean is i dont wanna use a reset to take the points off i mean do i still put 1str and magic or could i use the 9points and put them in vit and cap at 30-60 then go back to pure build
    b:cryMiss My ChildHoodb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Better Movie
  • Shaedy - Sanctuary
    Shaedy - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:crycan someone help me i have 35str 270magic and lv60 is it to late for me to take those extra 60points points in magic to put in them in vit what i mean is i dont wanna use a reset to take the points off i mean do i still put 1str and magic or could i use the 9points and put them in vit and cap at 30-60 then go back to pure build
    It's not too late by any means, just start with 9 vitality and 1 str every two levels until you fill in what you want, then switch over to a vitality/mag/str build to keep up with it. In a matter of 10 levels you'll have gained 45 stamina. in 14 youll have gained 63. you should be able to get all caught up by 77, I believe, factoring in the extra 17 points you'd have added getting those levels.

Just pull out your calculator on your computer and do the math. 4.5x17 = 76 (it's 4.5 stam per level, factoring the 1 str youll need per two levels, multiplied by how many levels you gain.)

So by level 77 you should have 81 stamina, factoring in the 5 points we start with (make sure you take off any stam adding gear.)