DQ Update! *Dragon Points*

Options

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't worry guys, the majority of DQ Items will be applicable for the system.

Why not all of them? Again, just dumb. Or are you going to increase the price of the DQs that can't be used in this system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Curious to see how this will turn out at the end :)
    Should we all start saving our dq drops now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FIXED >.> sorry about the colorsb:surrender
    points	1G	DQ/G	old DQ	Cost per Gold 
    Special	10	6000	600	780	468000
    DQ91	9	6000	667	640	426667
    DQ81	8	6000	750	570	427500
    DQ71	7	6000	857	480	411429
    DQ61	6	6000	1000	425	425000
    DQ51	5	6000	1200	380	456000
    DQ41	4	6000	1500	315	472500
    DQ31	3	6000	2000	220	440000
    DQ19	2	6000	3000	160	480000

445233 = ave price including all DQs

points per turn in
    6000= total points needed to make 1 gold
    Amount of DQ items need to make a gold per set group
    Diff from old DQ prices (Not sure if exact, Based on 20% reduction)
    Cost per Gold only using 1 group set
    Average price of gold with all DQs

1 Silver = 60 points

So what your suggestion would do is give them the coins and an extra piece of gold. Well, that won't happen, that's for sure. At least not if it's actual Gold and not Event Boutique Gold. And if it's the latter, then the rates need to be pushed up higher by quite a lot, since Event Gold comes in batches of 50 from the whatever-event.

Oh, and btw, I'd expect the increase to either be just about worthless, or in the range of covering 1-15% of the 20% we lost.

Certainly strange that they can negotiate a whole new addition to the game and not a simple edit. That alone makes me suspicious about this whole new system. My guess is that it's gonna be another Tiger Badge-like fiasco. If we're lucky, I'd say 10-15%, but only after hoarding a huge crapton of the DQs for a proper trade-in.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Please for the love of all that is holy, sacred, blessed, and otherwise unhealthy no more mirages. They're like the dimes of perfect world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Please for the love of all that is holy, sacred, blessed, and otherwise unhealthy no more mirages. They're like the dimes of perfect world.
    But Mirages can be sold. >_> Even 10k each can be significant depending on how many DQs you'll need to sell to get them.

The thing we're worried about is that we won't be able to recoup the money we lost with the price change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

Well here you go, 5 Celestone Fragments for your 5 DQs. How's that?

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well here you go, 15 Celestone Fragments for your 5 DQs. How's that?

Immaculate Citrines pl0x.

Well maybe not for 5 DQs... >.>'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Immaculate Citrines pl0x.

I actually realized that 15 Celestone Fragments for 5 DQs would lead to the following:
    For 50 DQs, you'd get 150 Celestone Fragments
    150 Celestone Fragments = 6 Mirages
    6 Mirages = 60,000 coins
    Price increase per DQ = 60/50 = 1,250 coins

That'd be what, 30% more on DQ91s?

So yah, I recounted it to be 5-10 Celestone Fragments, which would roughly be 10-20% on DQ91s. That'd actually be 20% or more on any DQ worth 2080 coins or less. Which would be kinda awesome.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I actually realized that 15 Celestone Fragments for 5 DQs would lead to the following:
    For 50 DQs, you'd get 150 Celestone Fragments
    150 Celestone Fragments = 6 Mirages
    6 Mirages = 60,000 coins
    Price increase per DQ = 60/50 = 1,250 coins

That'd be what, 30% more on DQ91s?

So yah, I recounted it to be 5-10 Celestone Fragments, which would roughly be 10-20% on DQ91s. That'd actually be 20% or more on any DQ worth 2080 coins or less. Which would be kinda awesome.

You actually think they would weight the DQ19s the same as the 91s b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You actually think they would weight the DQ19s the same as the 91s b:chuckle

Yeah well that's where the problem arises. The Celestone Fragments wouldn't do, since anything below, DQ61 or so would get too high an increase even at 1:1 ratio. In some cases, the Celestone Fragments would be so pricey that you'd end up with ridiculous ratios.

• Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok i know that im just beggin to be flamed but i would like to just say a few things in defense of the way the game is being run.

i have playing for almost a year, somewat a cashshopper but def. not a oracle grinder (not sure what constitutes the label cashshopper), but too busy with real life to be a hardcore gamer(my friends that got me started are...). i have managed to stay just a few levels below them and to get a pretty decent assortment of gear and fashion. i frequent the AH a lot and i grind DQ's here than there while i do quests.

now i understand that people think the reduction in DQ prices was some master plan to punish players for playing, but i think i can see how the devs needed to make that change to combat a problem that is prevalent on CHINESE SERVERS. the fact that we are being effected makes it feel vindictive, but this game is a localization of the original, so chinese devs will make changes that effect us as is their wont (we also expect to gain any positive benefit chinese alterations incur as well right?)

without causing a flamewar, i think the people that demand that the compensation not only exactly (or in excess, cuz we can never say no to more right? we're americans(for the most part) after all aren't we?) but retroactively are being a bit too critical about the situation. it's a game, and if a system is proving to be capable of being exploited don't you think the people responisble for it's administration have a duty to make whatever changes they need? while botting is not a major issue in PWI, it CAN BE, and as the player base of this game gets higher in lvl, you can leave ti to people to get the idea in their head that doing something you're not supossed to is the proper course of action (multi-clienting, and all other attempts at cheating)?

I also find that no matter what the GM's try, any change made is flamed because it changes the ease that experienced players do things. not all but enough ppl complain about any course of action that doesn't just GIVE you free things for little to no work. I completely agree that the TECHNICAL ISSUES with the game require attention (i think these DQ/TW issues should take a backseat to rubberbanding personally) and that we should be providing positive feedback rather than crying for exact compensation and for it to be retroactive.

I actually like how the idea sounds, and it seems to me that the fix is tailored to reward people who play rather than people who charge, or people who cheat, or people that dont try to play the game.

The fact that items we redeem will be untradable indicate either items that will replicate popular items (subs, hypers, charms, etc...), or provide expanded usefulness from other parts of the game. i think it would be of greater substance for us as a body of players to make useful suggestions like a few people prior to my post have done. i just wanna try and put my 2 cents in and see if any of it sounds good.

my take on what frankie said sounds like new items that benefit the player that actually plays, so i wanna think we will be getting things that adjust combat or movement; if i were in the dev team, i would simply make a bunch of items with a timer that replicate popular items we buy from the cash shop or a variation of those things.

how about:

time-limit tomes: some people dont use tomes, why not plant some abilities on them and put a 7 days time limit just like the jone's blessing, but they wont ape the actual tomes; they can have abilities we normally encounter on random gear drops. the tomes will have a random benefit.

stones that add some of the random attributes you get on random gear: the stones not being tradable mean the regular folk will be saving those 3*'s and creating custom gears, or better gear. as an added benifit, merchanters will be able to make better items that lowbies or pk'ers will want to buy, heck even reg players will buy for in between mold-gear stuff!

REPUTATION ITEMS~!!!: i would be VERY pleased if they do this, because now non-cashshoppers will be able to attempt looking towards rank gear. if they did this, it would totally make up for the price reduction in my mind, and without being exacting on exactly how much it is worth. this will also drive the market up for Dq items to being with, so its will stimulate the pwi-economy in a positive way imho.

genie exp cubes: not the ones we can sell, but lower valued ones that lowbies can use to keep their genies somewhat up to date with their current level. BH and other exp-heavy quests kinda leave the genie behind in lvls and i think this would be of slight benifit, but greater use when coupled with other, more substantive items.

thats all i have in my head, but other than i thought it might be a good idea to allow for coloring of in-game gear. the only reason i say that is so maybe factions can have like a uniformed look to them.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If the GMs hadn't spent the last 5+ months ignoring them I think the response would be a lot more positive.

As it is, I'm hopeful to see the update, but I reserve any praise until I see it in action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yes the GMs ignore, because all solutions take 2 days and some redbull to finish. i take those responses as being unreasonably demanding(that is not directed at you alphae). the GM's dont have the sort of power you expect them too, and the devs dont have to explain every change. the game is still playable, and while i sympathize with no-cash players having a hard time while cash shoppers enjoy sales..... encouraing rather than flaming works tons better, and not to sound naive, but they really do try to help make the game enjoyable.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yes the GMs ignore, because all solutions take 2 days and some redbull to finish. i take those responses as being unreasonably demanding(that is not directed at you alphae). the GM's dont have the sort of power you expect them too, and the devs dont have to explain every change. the game is still playable, and while i sympathize with no-cash players having a hard time while cash shoppers enjoy sales..... encouraing rather than flaming works tons better, and not to sound naive, but they really do try to help make the game enjoyable.

I don't frankly care if it takes a year to do it right but at least tell me WHAT you are doing, and NO "we are working on it" every 2 months does not count.

Give me some actual progress notes. I think that is how a good deal of forum goers feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    REPUTATION ITEMS~!!!: i would be VERY pleased if they do this, because now non-cashshoppers will be able to attempt looking towards rank gear. if they did this, it would totally make up for the price reduction in my mind, and without being exacting on exactly how much it is worth. this will also drive the market up for Dq items to being with, so its will stimulate the pwi-economy in a positive way imho.

It's called Trophy Mode. Get a good squad together and do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Some non-cash shoppers don't have the coin to spend on something like Trophy Mode. I know that I always had a rough time making my coin balance out my repair bill when grinding (and yes, I do remember the grinding days). I almost always made it, or some factionmate would happen to pass by me, and the next thing I knew there was mail. My point is, Trophy Mode is pretty expensive for the casual player, and unless you find a squad that is good at it, you will likely waste all that coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Some non-cash shoppers don't have the coin to spend on something like Trophy Mode. I know that I always had a rough time making my coin balance out my repair bill when grinding (and yes, I do remember the grinding days). I almost always made it, or some factionmate would happen to pass by me, and the next thing I knew there was mail. My point is, Trophy Mode is pretty expensive for the casual player, and unless you find a squad that is good at it, you will likely waste all that coin.

Practice runs...d'oh.

Seriously, I would not do TM with a random squad here until they've done a couple practice runs. No use wasting the money on TM if you know the squad can't make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope they implement that "White Dragon Pet Egg" That's been in the DQ rewards since the game came out- I've always said I'd do DQ the day they gave us dragons and I still stand by it! b:victory
    edited October 2010
    Options

trophy mode starts at fb69 i believe. to make good profit on TM, your squad would need to be what lvl, and on top of that, i would say pretty well geared for that matter. TM is for higher level players, my proposition applies to all and can be done by solo players (as in not having to wait for your trusted sub-group of friends to be online AND available to you).

please note that the vein of my suggestions are applicable to ALL players of ALL types, but specifically benefits players that dont use money, actually play the game as in doing quests, helping faction mates, etc.... you know, the things that people do when playing "in the spirit of the game" lolz

i mean really, rather than have exacting (in-game) monetary compensation, i would be just as content with more content in the 60+ levels that doesn't include grinding 200 of something for no reason. i would REALLY love to see more PQ's and also more things to do on the map. How about expanding the use of random attacks on dreamweaver and silver pool by targeting various little towns or have random groups of mobs with a boss-like mob (of course within the lvl range of the ara) pop up in the random unused protions of the map. it would be similar to how WB and mini-bosses appear, but without a stationary spawn point? i think if these things were GM triggered, it would require the GM's to be in-game a bit more and allow for tailoring of these scenarios. the rewards for these random events would be of course to scale and on par with that of mini-boss WB loot.

the one stumbling block i can see in implementing this is to ensure that the elite factions can't camp em and hoard em, i must say this must be a big prob to the devs/GM's since it means a VAST minority of the players will ever see or witness or participate in the content.

at the same time i think TW does indeed deserve better treatment. i hear in [other game] factions(or the equivalent) have holdings that they must defend around the clock (i may be wrong), but why not build on top of TW instead of from the ground up? why not reset it to how it was with maybe keeping the blind bidding, but also set hours where your territory is in danger of attack by mob waves (similar to RB) led by a boss monster. i think it would kinda prevent take overs and keep it lively if there's gonna be something to do "in" the territory. it would also keep elite TW faction busy enough that lesser factions would be able to experience some of the things on the map.

Again, i think flaming even with the amount of reason the players are given is counter productive, when we should be advocating additional content over compensatory action. we all come across as greedy (many if not most of us are) and i think the negativity affects the likelihood of the GMs/mods saying much or anything at all.
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    /\/\/\ THIS!!! /\/\/\

GREAT suggestions Father gold!!!
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sooo...collect an extruciating amount of DQ items for orbs or socket stones or who knows what ROFL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My favorite part of this is that we were told about it before it happened.
  • DrSheets - Sanctuary
    DrSheets - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Certain DQ items, when vendored at NPCs, will not only give you in-game coins, but also "Dragon Points" on our site. Once you accumulate enough of these points, you will then be able to redeem them for various in-game items!

Something for nothing... no matter how cheesy the item still a good thing.

!~Sheets
  • zaaphiel
    zaaphiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Something for nothing... no matter how cheesy the item still a good thing.

!~Sheets

Theres no such thing as something for nothing in PWI, cos what they give! they take back, and make you pay in some other way.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think this may turn all right. So we are still getting the amount of coins that we have at the moment, plus we will get an amount of dragon points for buying boutique items.

I hope this dragon points can be used on the normal boutique so people can combine the money they make from dqs and the points they have got.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think this may turn all right. So we are still getting the amount of coins that we have at the moment, plus we will get an amount of dragon points for buying boutique items.

I hope this dragon points can be used on the normal boutique so people can combine the money they make from dqs and the points they have got.

Compensation or gift ?

If compensation will be more than the 25% of cost of sold to NPC DQs, then it will be gift.

And if someone sold 100 DQs per day, real compensation can't be more than cost of 25 DQs (if this is compensation).

For example, I sold

100 Flat Peach, which cost now 232.000 coins or 80% of previous cost.

Then compensation can't be more than (100/80-1)*232,000=(20/80)*232,000=25% of *232,000=58,000 coins.

If now gold cost something about 400,000 coins (just for example), then I can buy 14 silver using above compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary
    MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

hmm somewhere along the way the "in game items" that frankie stated had turned (or speculated) into "boutique items" ?

Anyway PWI finances comes from their boutique items and it is unthinkable that they will be willing to make it so that non CSer can get boutique stuffs without paying a dime which will cut down on their profits in the long run. Oracles, potions, resurrection scrolls, temp blessings, etc is what im guessing the useful in game items will be.

Although they could implement it with boutique rewards, it will either requires a ridiculous amount of DQP or a serious reduction in drop rate. ...or both b:laugh
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure they're not going to be tradeable; we're trying to affect the economy as little as possible.

Good question :)

oh the irony

But also sounds interesting
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ha.

Depending on what the 'in-game items' we are going to receive makes this worth it or not...

Until we know what the items are and how many points needed...There really is not much to discuss, imo. b:chuckle

Can't say I'm not interested in it though, it does sound interesting. xD
    ^this.

I have to wonder, since people complained about DQ prices for a long, long while and now it's been "fixed" (We won't know until it happens,) It makes me curious about if we complain about TW for a while....
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^this.

I have to wonder, since people complained about DQ prices for a long, long while and now it's been "fixed" (We won't know until it happens,) It makes me curious about if we complain about TW for a while....

gimme ur msn email address lemme add u. :D please and thank u!
This discussion has been closed.