DQ Update! *Dragon Points*

Options

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wasn't saying fashion was useful in gameplay in the first place. So yes, we are in agreement.

In which case, I apologise for the misunderstanding. I took your first post to be of a rather demanding tone, and was comparing the idea of how useful fashion and mounts were against what they did for you in game, rather then taking the idea of them being useful in a more basic, not so game related context.
    Eh, I had some time to waste anyway. It bothered me at first, but it's just like any internet debate. You are a formidable opponent though, and I respect that.b:victory

That makes two of us. I wasn't really bothered at any one part of the argument - although admittedly a little frustrated at one point when the point didn't seem to be getting across. I'll also have to say that you're one of the first people in a long while I've been able to debate and/or argue with who's been able to keep from blatant name calling and avoidance of points. It made a surprisingly nice change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:pleased

Why'd you feel the need to switch users to insult Airyll? I really don't think anyone cares about who you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sodaras wrote: »
    well Airyll keep your words for yourself gobshiet. you are QQing yourself the whole time in and outside the game.
    no one wanna hear it. btw all that follows from your side to me is worthless.
    i wont even read it.

ah well im curious about these dragon points. ty frankie

You claim that I only ever QQ, even when in game. So why don't you be a brave person and post on your character, so I can identify who you are, hm?

I'm not sure about other posters, but 99% of faceless alts on these forums have absolutely nothing to say, and all they can do is name call without providing evidence because it's all they're capable of. There are some very good to this exceptions to this rule.

Sadly, you aren't one of them. Away with you, little troll, find somebody else to name call and pretend to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In which case, I apologise for the misunderstanding. I took your first post to be of a rather demanding tone, and was comparing the idea of how useful fashion and mounts were against what they did for you in game, rather then taking the idea of them being useful in a more basic, not so game related context.
    Misunderstandings happen.
    That makes two of us. I wasn't really bothered at any one part of the argument - although admittedly a little frustrated at one point when the point didn't seem to be getting across. I'll also have to say that you're one of the first people in a long while I've been able to debate and/or argue with who's been able to keep from blatant name calling and avoidance of points. It made a surprisingly nice change.
    Thank you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I may be in error about this (and no i didnt read all 13 pages)

i do not know how much control over game content pwe has but looking at patched it isnt much outside of the cash shop and causing events to turn on. Which means that real game content comes from China and not here. in reading frankies description and what he said a couple weeks ago about seeing what the web developers could do with an idea they had (musta been this) it looks like this is what they were able to come up with without the help of china. they are monitoring what items are npcd and giving credits to the character to use in another in game boutique kind of like the event boutique.

It looks as though PWE is actually trying with what limited control they have.

so why am i saying this. the amount of flaming on the forums is ridiculous sometimes but really some people need to look at what was changed and direct their complaints in the proper direction. Do I agree with everything that PWE does? heck no (PACKSb:angryb:angry) but lets try and keep credit (both good and bad) aimed at the right people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You claim that I only ever QQ, even when in game. So why don't you be a brave person and post on your character, so I can identify who you are, hm?

I'm not sure about other posters, but 99% of faceless alts on these forums have absolutely nothing to say, and all they can do is name call without providing evidence because it's all they're capable of. There are some very good to this exceptions to this rule.

Sadly, you aren't one of them. Away with you, little troll, find somebody else to name call and pretend to know.

I cannot wait to see what these "valuable items" will be b:shocked.

*Holds up Anti Airyll Shieldb:surrender*
  • jessy1
    jessy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Question n someone may have asked it n i missed it but will the points add for all chrs or just one that sold the item
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jessy1 wrote: »
    Question n someone may have asked it n i missed it but will the points add for all chrs or just one that sold the item

The plan right now is for the points to be character specific, so only the character who sold the item will receive Dragon Points.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You could just give event gold instead of Dragon Points.

100 DQs = 1 event gold seems about right
    an event gold is worth like 100k and the DQ price reduction is like 1k per DQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I'd even go far as to say give 1 event gold per 50 dq. But, this is a good idea.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Say, frankie... will there be an item that you can get coin for? The problem with DQ price drops is the money, after all. And the point of this was to restrict bots on PW-CN, right?

I mean, I can understand being unable to change DQ prices back if they were hardcoded from Beijing, but... can this new system please help us recoup the losses that we aren't responsible for and yet we're the ones suffering from?

I humbly suggest an item designed to recoup money losses - Triumph Money would be a perfect example.

Take Element Essence for example... it used to sell at 2500 coins, now it sells at 2000. So at what point does the difference roughly equate to Triumph Money (99999)?
    #EE	OldPrice	NewPrice
    1	2500		2000
    10	25000		20000
    100	250000		200000
    200	500000		400000
    +TM	500000		499999

So, perhaps if selling an Element Essence were worth... say "10 points," and you could turn in "2000 points" for a Triumph Money, the difference you'd lose would only be a single coin (OH NOES).

If absolutely necessary, you could even make it so that the point-to-money ratio doesn't recoup the entire 20%, but just a sizeable portion of it.

But if nothing else..... don't, don't, DO NOT just give out a bunch of non-tradeable, non-sellable (for any reasonable amount; NPC a piece of fash for 1k doesn't count), mostly useless items.

A lot of people didn't think you'd come through with this. You've proven those people wrong. But you still need to prove that your actions can actually benefit the people that the price drop has hurt. And perhaps more importantly, people need a reason to be out in the fields again instead of spending all day in Nirvana farming useless endgame **** for no other purpose than to farm more useless endgame ****.

We're counting on you to follow through. Please don't disappoint us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

That might work out perfectly on average, but that kinda means people will have to hoard DQs, which will cause an uproar because it takes space. After all, you have people pretty much raging about the rank insignia being stuck in your inventory.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That might work out perfectly on average, but that kinda means people will have to hoard DQs, which will cause an uproar because it takes space. After all, you have people pretty much raging about the rank insignia being stuck in your inventory.

I don't mean in batch heh. How about 1 DQ = 1 event silver
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know this is bound to have been posted already but ill state my point anyway.

DQ vendored = coin i can spend how i see fit.

Any other alternative is not an option unless it rewards coin aswell.

So at the end of the day im still out of pocket .

I mean would i want a lunch voucher or traveling expenses ? . Ill take my own lunch and traveling expenses every time thank you.
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have scanned over a fair number of posts here so I noticed a few mentioned the quote of 'certain DQ items'. Although I am liking the idea, this disclaimer is a big flashing beacon with a complimentary siren. Why 'certain DQ items' and not all? This suggests to me, it will be the rarer DQ drops, such as for the lower levels, Dew of Herbs...

We'll have to wait for more details to be released before we see if this offers anything genuinely worthwhile.

At least it is something and it is promising non the less, to see progress and development ideas from our GM team.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I want exclusive mounts and fashions that aren't in the boutique other than anniversary stuff. I hope that isn't too much to ask.But it probably is.
    Whenever I see somebody with a Swift Whitewind it always catches my attention, since it has never been available in the boutique and can only be gained though doing DQ. So the "exclusive mount" for DQ already exists.
    I know this is bound to have been posted already but ill state my point anyway.

DQ vendored = coin i can spend how i see fit.

Any other alternative is not an option unless it rewards coin aswell.
    True, but that's kinda the whole point. The fact that you could turn DQ items into coin was a big part of what was fueling illegal gold-seller bots, and the price drop was supposed to undermine their business model.

Giving people back items that would be useful to actual players, but useless to bots, is actually a pretty good solution. However, we'll have to wait and see what the exchange rates are like.

I highly suspect that people are going to feel the rewards are too slim no matter what PWI does, simply because 20% of DQ item value isn't actually all that much and so if PWI makes the pricing roughly equal it's going to take quite a while to earn enough points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well its never gone down well with me to punish the mass for the actions of a few.

Of course you have to also believe Boting was the real reason aswell and again i have my own opinions on that but ive said all that in other posts.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Giving people back items that would be useful to actual players, but useless to bots, is actually a pretty good solution.
    But that's the thing. What items would be useful to players but not useful to bots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But that's the thing. What items would be useful to players but not useful to bots?

Something that you can't trade but you can use to save by not having to buy it. Which doesn't help lower levels that can't afford their skills though.

The thing is, this compensation will not (probably) happen in China. Which means, bots won't be affected by this. They don't have to think about bots. It was just the reason why the DQ nerf happened.

Also, making this should be much harder than changing the DQ NPC prices back to original but it would reset every time after the new patch comes. This, on the other hand, is probably an add-on of some kind so it doesn't get affected by new patches.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Certain DQ items
    That's stupid. Make it ALL DQ items. Otherwise, people will farm only those monsters who drops those particular items. There is enough KSing in the game already, don't implement something that will only make it worst.
    Once you accumulate enough of these points, you will then be able to redeem them for various in-game items!
    How much points? if it requires a lot, this system will be worthless to most people.
    Which items?

Hard to give you an opinion when we don't even know those basic informations first.

The idea may be good if :
    1 - EVERY DQ items give points
    2 - The items they can be traded for are worth it
    3 - It don't requires an insane amount of points to get those items.

A few weeks = how many months? ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *gets popcorn, waits for Frankie or one of the other GM Minions to temp ban Nedira for failed troll/derailing of thread* b:chuckle

IJS...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *gets popcorn, waits for Frankie or one of the other GM Minions to temp ban Nedira for failed troll/derailing of thread* b:chuckle

IJS...

That was about as far from a troll as you can get. Nedira didn't call names and did put forward valid arguments, even Airyll said so.

I'm just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, while it looked like a couple times it would turn into a little bit of a thread-based battlefield, they eventually both settled their differences, and they stayed on topic the whole time, really...no troll/derail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That's stupid. Make it ALL DQ items. Otherwise, people will farm only those monsters who drops those particular items. There is enough KSing in the game already, don't implement something that will only make it worst.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie intended in the submission for it to be all DQ items, only to be told this idea would be implemented if it were some DQ items only. When it comes to the mindset and thoughts of the powers that be in China, we don't have to do too much wondering...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    haybails wrote: »
    I have scanned over a fair number of posts here so I noticed a few mentioned the quote of 'certain DQ items'. Although I am liking the idea, this disclaimer is a big flashing beacon with a complimentary siren. Why 'certain DQ items' and not all? This suggests to me, it will be the rarer DQ drops, such as for the lower levels, Dew of Herbs...

We'll have to wait for more details to be released before we see if this offers anything genuinely worthwhile.

At least it is something and it is promising non the less, to see progress and development ideas from our GM team.

Don't worry guys, the majority of DQ Items will be applicable for the system.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A suggestion on how to do the rewards system

Spec 10 6000 600 780 468000
    DQ91 9 6000 667 640 426667
    DQ81 8 6000 750 570 427500
    DQ71 7 6000 857 480 411429
    DQ61 6 6000 1000 425 425000
    DQ51 5 6000 1200 380 456000
    DQ41 4 6000 1500 315 472500
    DQ31 3 6000 2000 220 440000
    DQ19 2 6000 3000 160 480000

points per turn in
    6000= total points needed to make 1 gold
    Amount of DQ items need to make a gold per set
    Diff from old DQ prices (Not sure if exact, Based on 20% reduction)
    Cost per Gold only using 1 group set
    Average price of gold with all DQs

This would make 1 Silver = 60 points

This will give players the chance to get gold, without the ability to buy gold with real money, a different way. The market will not be changed too much since the gold you will be getting will be paid for by the 445233 you would have spent having the old DQ prices.

Flame it or Like it, a small idea that looks good to me. Willing to listen on feedback on ways to improve this idea.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So you are still staying behind that botting is the reason DQ prices got lowered?

To me this looks like you have been just waiting the whole time to see how's the in-game economy gonna settle down and now you can come up with something that would make an average player buy more cashshop items. Like chips or some sort of...

Or does this update gonna make the game at least abit about pure grind again? Where you just whack mobs to make progress. Right now grinding like that means usually absolutely no progress.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A suggestion on how to do the rewards system

Spec 10 6000 600 780 468000
    DQ91 9 6000 667 640 426667
    DQ81 8 6000 750 570 427500
    DQ71 7 6000 857 480 411429
    DQ61 6 6000 1000 425 425000
    DQ51 5 6000 1200 380 456000
    DQ41 4 6000 1500 315 472500
    DQ31 3 6000 2000 220 440000
    DQ19 2 6000 3000 160 480000

points per turn in
    Amount of DQ items need to make a gold per set

This would make 1 Silver = 60 points

This will give players the chance to get gold, without the ability to buy gold with real money, a different way. The market will not be changed too much since the gold you will be getting will be paid for by the 445233 you would have spent having the old DQ prices.

Flame it or Like it, a small idea that looks good to me. Willing to listen on feedback on ways to improve this idea.

Dah colors...dey hurtz me eyez...
    >.<

Seriously...ouch? Maybe try a different approach to show this, lol, rather than tightly-packed clashing colors. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope some of the items would be stealth detection potions b:laugh
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dah colors...dey hurtz me eyez...
    >.<

FIXED >.> sorry about the colorsb:surrender
    points	1G	DQ/G	old DQ	Cost per Gold 
    Special	10	6000	600	780	468000
    DQ91	9	6000	667	640	426667
    DQ81	8	6000	750	570	427500
    DQ71	7	6000	857	480	411429
    DQ61	6	6000	1000	425	425000
    DQ51	5	6000	1200	380	456000
    DQ41	4	6000	1500	315	472500
    DQ31	3	6000	2000	220	440000
    DQ19	2	6000	3000	160	480000

445233 = ave price including all DQs

points per turn in
    Amount of DQ items need to make a gold per set group

1 Silver = 60 points
This discussion has been closed.