DQ Update! *Dragon Points*

Comments

• Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i actually like the sound of this....question will it DQ points from all the items be different or will they be the same? i would expect the former but i have seen it be the opposite b4
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i actually like the sound of this....question will it DQ points from all the items be different or will they be the same? i would expect the former but i have seen it be the opposite b4

I would honestly rather see some sort of level range trade in.

DQ21 trade 1:1 for a trade item where as DQ81 trade 1:5 or something similar for a trade item.

then it takes a certain number of the trade item to get the reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Okay guys, first of all, I'm very surprised the administrators have actually done something.
    It's something to be thankful about rather than QQ more about this.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010

They'll differ depending on the DQ item.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    YAY for the masses. :)
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This reminds me of a movie.. and a line from that movie.

I can take a **** in a box and slap a guarantee on it.

But all you are guaranteed is ****.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hope this doesn't turn out like the "event boutique" which is really only good for charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited October 2010
    Hope this doesn't turn out like the "event boutique" which is really only good for charms.

Sorry, event gold is amazing.

I have two sets of outfits on my PK veno that I can never drop. I've also bought tons of charms and smilies.

Just the fact you can buy bronze or silver charms when needed instead of having to waste coin or real money on them is great. Event is tonight and I'm almost out of event gold. I'm hoping to get more. Up until friday, I hadn't bought a charm in nearly a month.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Been getting event gold for the past 4 weeks now. Free charms ftw b:chuckle.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    but ofc these items will never be better than something we can get from the cashop right? Because I don't want people that play all day to have more power than my credit card
    /sarcasm

There is some truth in that sarcasm though lol. Nothing the implement won't make it so hard working players can get by without cashop (by npcing dq items) and that cashoppers will always have an unfair advantage, not just "items to make the gaming expereince more enjoyable."
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I should really do the event to get event gold and start making use of it.
    Just the fact you can buy bronze or silver charms when needed instead of having to waste coin or real money on them is great. Event is tonight and I'm almost out of event gold. I'm hoping to get more. Up until friday, I hadn't bought a charm in nearly a month.

... Uuuuum... -cough- ='D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    ... Uuuuum... -cough- ='D

*tickles your... prostate?* oh wait... b:chuckle
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    *tickles your... prostate?* oh wait... b:chuckle

Apfffft you knew exactly what I meant FFS. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Apfffft you knew exactly what I meant FFS. >.>

That I did b:surrender
  • babybattersplater
    babybattersplater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Pretty sure they're not going to be tradeable; we're trying to affect the economy as little as possible.

Good question :)

pfft effect the econmy.now after months of packs they worried about economy.FAIL get rid of packs and econnomy will settle down. Make stuff farmable w.o haveing to chip everthing.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Two things I noticed after reading the post more carefully instead of just vaguely skimming it:
    So I can't get too much into specifics just yet, as this system is currently in development
    Umm, isn't a fix for rubberbanding "in development" too? Or something like that. ijs
    So feel free to discuss this whole system, and please let us know what you think.

We know nothing about the system. So how can we discuss it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    pfft effect the econmy.now after months of packs they worried about economy.FAIL get rid of packs and econnomy will settle down. Make stuff farmable w.o haveing to chip everthing.

Actually at this point, the economy has settled down. Prices have settled to the new adjusted price, and they will remain that way as long as a form of packs remain in the boutique indefinitely.

As such at this point, removing packs completely would make the economy unstable once again and it would take an equally long time to settle. The damage has already been done and had become irreparable some months ago. Prices are pretty stable at this point and removing packs would just destabilize everything all over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    I'd rather just get the event gold.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I love how this sounds, I just hope that it isn't a ridiculous amount of dq items that would require us to farm for weeks on in just to get anything from it. (2-3 days for the 'low end stuff' 7-9 for the 'high end stuff.')

Either way, can't wait to see what we can get from it, and how much dq you all will want us to farm for the items. The coins we will get from npcing the dq items, along with the dragon points, really does sound like it is sweet-ing the deal for us, but really only time will tell if we really think it's worth the effort to go after these 'in-game items.'
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I "do" like the idea, but it's too late. Good job at failing. The damage of the DQ price drop has already happened - anything added now will be a "right now" compensation, which in all reality isn't compensation at all. Compensation would be not only a "here and now" deal, but compensation for the 5-6 months of DQ price drops, which this will NOT do.

Good job, at least you guys tried eh? If you call 5+ months later trying.b:bye
  • burnedlama
    burnedlama Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    probably gonna have some good items worth trading for, but knowing how pw is in a general sense, probably gonna take 5 dq items to get 1 dragon point, and about 1000 dragon points to get something on the low end of the scale.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll withold comment till I actually see it in place. . .

Nice to see some feedback though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What FatherTed said b:thanks
  • MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary
    MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey everyone,

So it's been some time since DQ items were changed to vendor for less coin, and since that time, we've tried to come up with ways to compensate you all for this.

I'm pleased to announce that we are only a few weeks away from implementing a new system that we hope you all will be happy with:

Dragon Points!

So I can't get too much into specifics just yet, as this system is currently in development, but the basic outline is this:

Certain DQ items, when vendored at NPCs, will not only give you in-game coins, but also "Dragon Points" on our site. Once you accumulate enough of these points, you will then be able to redeem them for various in-game items!

At this time we can't reveal which items will be available, but I can assure you that they will be very useful, and that they will definitely be worth the effort.

So feel free to discuss this whole system, and please let us know what you think.

Thanks!

Words that raises my eyebrow:

"system is currently in development" and "only a few weeks away from implementing"

I really hope PWE is being serious about the implementation and does not **** it up.

Please do NOT implement something like this:

a) DQ to DQP Exchange rate = 100 : 1
    b) DQP to item Exchange requirement = 1000 : 1 x X,Y or Z Item.
    c) reduction in DQ drop rate by X %

Tho i'm interested in how you guys are going to balance it out with cash shop profits in mind =D
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    just a suggestion , maybe consider putting the Perfect Hammer within the item rewards b:thanks

/some item that can manage the chests of coins now sitting in banks

thanks for the update though, it does sound interesting, will be waiting to see the follow through
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have 103 chests in bank, plz do. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • WraithSin - Sanctuary
    WraithSin - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Why SOME DQ items and not all? All DQ items was affected by the DQ cut, not just some.....Why not have all DQ items give points?
    edited October 2010
    just a suggestion , maybe consider putting the Perfect Hammer within the item rewards b:thanks

/some item that can manage the chests of coins now sitting in banks

And then certain DQ will start selling for 100k. lol
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Bet the DQ you get from grinding in Valley of Scarred won't give points. rofl....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    its something, which is what we where promised.
    we didn't lose the ability to NPC DQ's we lost 20% of the value
    if this compensation results in something that even closely resembles the lost 20% of the NPC value of DQ, then everyone wins.

the fact that anything at all was done (or is about to be done, and they are actually doing anything about it aside from putting up a post for us to complain in) is a step in the right direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.