Answers (Frankie and Mods may want to take a look)

Options

Comments

• MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary
    MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not in your question list yet but....

Why did they unsticky the threads about TW changes and DQ price drops? Are these topics just going to be ignored now and nvm fixing them?

Unstickying this as its presence at the top of the forums every day is only causing more negativity than it needs to. Stickys will no longer be used for discussion of the game, but for important announcements, as they were originally intended.

As for DQ compensation, it's still a high priority for us, and something that we haven't stopped working on at any point in time.

This is from the DQ thread i'm trolling at
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not in your question list yet but....

Why did they unsticky the threads about TW changes and DQ price drops? Are these topics just going to be ignored now and nvm fixing them?

Because discussion threads on changes shouldn't have been stickied in the first place. The only reason they were is because they caused too much outrage and too many new threads, they had to find a place to put them all and to keep it visible so anyone who wanted to comment about them could easily find them. The changes are complete, the outcomes announced, community grievances have been posted and read. Whether they follow through on it is a different story altogether.

With the DQ changes, compensation will be announced when they introduce it. A sticky is no longer needed. Post a suggestion in the suggestion forum.

With the TW changes, any new changes or reversion will be announced. Discussion is moot, changes have been implemented. No reason for it to be stickied. Want it to be different? Post a suggestion in the suggestion forum.

With the TT changes, GMs have already stated the changes are permanent, and since they're not changing back, there is no need for further discussion as a stickied thread. You want changes? Post a suggestion in the suggestion forum.

Leaving them up serves no community interest other than to constantly remind the community of the PW status quo. They breeds discontent within the community and as I have stated before, their purpose has already been served, it's time to move on while you keep your fingers crossed.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They took the "Discussion" threads down because it would look stupid to leave them up without putting up a "Complain about the Mods" thread, since only every third thread was NOT about that. To avoid stickying such a thread, they simply took down all other discussion threads.
  • nocturnalbastard
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They took the "Discussion" threads down because it would look stupid to leave them up without putting up a "Complain about the Mods" thread, since only every third thread was NOT about that. To avoid stickying such a thread, they simply took down all other discussion threads.

I disagree.

It was a moment of opportunity, with all the fires flaming, unstickying them would cause no more harm. Besides, as an experienced moderator, the reasons I listed would be my reasons for taking them down. DQ thread was up for 4 months after the change. TW, 2 months. TT, nearly 2 months. I'm also fairly certain they've discussed taking them down as well.

/inb4accusationsofkissingup
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I disagree.

It was a moment of opportunity, with all the fires flaming, unstickying them would cause no more harm. Besides, as an experienced moderator, the reasons I listed would be my reasons for taking them down. DQ thread was up for 4 months after the change. TW, 2 months. TT, nearly 2 months. I'm also fairly certain they've discussed taking them down as well.

/inb4accusationsofkissingup

In other words, to cover up that organized discussion doesn't get anything accomplished? I'll buy that too.
  • nocturnalbastard
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In other words, to cover up that organized discussion doesn't get anything accomplished? I'll buy that too.

Erm...

TW thread: GM stated after 2 months of observation, the changes were detrimental to TW. Recommendation sent to the developers. Case closed.

TT thread: GM stated the only thing wrong was 3-1 mob kill counter was bugged. It was fixed. GMs stated nothing else will change. Case closed.

DQ thread: DQ prices were nerfed. GM stated they were working on compensation. If any compensation is ever made, it will be announced. DQ prices will not change. Case closed.

I don't really see what's so hard to grasp about that. The discussion threads on these topics had already run their course.
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really wonder why GMs/Mods don't even bother answering this thread, I mean answer not lock at first sight :/. It's supposed to be a community after all, but you guys don't talk to us that much.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the GMs are just middle men, you cant expect your complaints to really do anything besides get feedback pitched to the devs overseas. and even then, they cant do anything when china screws us. get off frankie's case, geez.

/inb4kissup

but srs, you guys are acting like nutcases!
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seriously though, why most of the time a gm or a mod posts anything it's the reason a thread was locked? And why are there so many threads getting locked? (aside from the spam and trolling, some threads weren't any harm at all, simply discussion threads because this forum is made for that)
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thats what we'd all love to know. the owners of those threads met swift bans as well. apparently on the grounds of'insults directed toward staff' which is utterly ridiculous.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Obiviously there are more bans for that one reason (insults directed toward staff) which most of the time isn't as bad as other reasons people SHOULD get banned for yet don't. The staff makes the people insult it, and by banning people who just say what they have in their mind because they can't hold it in anymore, the staff gets even more people to hate them. If you get what I mean, the more they ban the more ppl will insult them, then they will ban even more.
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seriously though, why most of the time a gm or a mod posts anything it's the reason a thread was locked? And why are there so many threads getting locked? (aside from the spam and trolling, some threads weren't any harm at all, simply discussion threads because this forum is made for that)

Incompetent mods.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Erm...

TW thread: GM stated after 2 months of observation, the changes were detrimental to TW. Recommendation sent to the developers. Case closed.

TT thread: GM stated the only thing wrong was 3-1 mob kill counter was bugged. It was fixed. GMs stated nothing else will change. Case closed.

DQ thread: DQ prices were nerfed. GM stated they were working on compensation. If any compensation is ever made, it will be announced. DQ prices will not change. Case closed.

I don't really see what's so hard to grasp about that. The discussion threads on these topics had already run their course.

I don't see where anyone is not grasping what you said. I reworded it into my interpretation of what I just quoted and said okay I'll buy that.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Incompetence ...
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks for making this thread. Hopefully this helps:

Asked by MANray_:Q:Can we get a timeframe on how much more we'll have to wait for a solution to the nerfed DQ drops?

A: The full initiative/idea is being submitted this week. If it is accepted, the web team will start working on it, and we'd hopefully see it in action within a couple months. I'll let you know if the idea gets rejected, however.

---

Asked by multiple in the community:Q:Did Frankieraye "Ask" Aryannamage to leave?

A: I did not ask her to leave. I gave her the option to stay or leave, and that is the absolute truth.

---

Q:Why did Shelly respond to Chaotic with "Maybe we have a reason for not closing it sooner?" What would that reason be? If there's a reason for not closing a thread like that immediately we'd love to know what it is.

A: Already answered. Again, I told the two to leave general discussion to me for the time-being.

---

Q:Also, Shelly posted on the thread that you closed twice and took no action against it. If the thread was worth of being locked and your Mod didn't do it when they could have, do you think they're really doing their job?

A: Same as above.

---

Asked by ragenight:Q:What is with all the multiple standards when it comes to disciplinary action?

Q: Why can one person call PWE staff a bunch of pricks and get banned, and others can do FAR FAR worse and not even get a warning?

A: There have been a ton of violations of this nature going on, and I can only catch so many at one time. I'm working through the threads as quickly as I can to take action against these players who deserve a ban.

---

Asked by Tamias:Q:Why the enforcement on random rules (particularly not discussing other competing MMOs/other versions of PW)?

A: I've always edited/closed/moved these threads, even before the new mods came on. The only other version that can really be discussed here is PW-CN (chinese version), only because that one does have a lot of bearing on our own version.

As for other random rules, please list them out specifically here. Keep in mind that the forums haven't been moderated as much as they should have been for the past few months, as it's just been myself and Ary on the job. With new mods acting, it may seem like "random rules" are being enforced when the fact is that everyone has simply been used to a forum where there was a lack of moderation. Hope that made sense.

---

Q:Will we be getting more US timezone moderators soon (in the next few months) and if so are applications for Mod positions allowed to be turned in for those positions?

A: Hopefully sooner than the next few months. And as for applications, hold that thought for now..

---

Asked by Loarvion:Q:Players can get to become a moderator, but this can cause some bias towards certain scenarios; wouldn't it be better to have non-player moderators?

A: It's true, and it's one thing that makes me wary of choosing a player to be a mod when he/she is already a very popular poster. Basically, social pressure can act in powerful ways, so such a mod may be reluctant to closed posts when it would result in a social backlash.

However, I'm not entirely against the idea as it seems to be very important to all of you. Hopefully we can come to some kind of compromise with this in the next few days.

---

Asked by KuiXing:Q:What was with the mass banning?

A: I announced the new mods, and people were very upset with the selections. Once they started personally attacking the mods, I put out a warning that anyone personally insulting the mods would be banned. Many bans came from this, as well as from the resulting flood of spam, flaming, and ban circumvention.

---

Asked by Lenn_:Q:When are we going to see more events and updates?

A: We're working on a pretty exciting update with a new event that could be released pretty soon, as well as a bigger update with more content that will take a bit longer to be released.

---

Asked by Fallghost:Q:Frankie, why did you choose mods such as Shelly and Grim; what was the criteria they fit?

A: Shelly had the recommendation of CrabClaw and AryannaMage, and she was doing well on the FW forum as well. After speaking to her on MSN and getting an idea of what she was like, I thought she should have a chance to do well. She also has a character in her 80s and has been playing PWI and lurking on the PWI forum for over a year.

As for Grim, he first expressed interest in being a mod many months ago, and I told him that he needed to be a helpful, positive influence on the forums before he could be considered. Since that time, he's indeed been helpful on the more serious forums, while remaining goofy on the OT forums. Also, he's been an admin/mod on other game forums.

In the month before becoming a PWI mod, I had him on my MSN list where he sent me many links to threads that needed to be looked at. Basically, I've been in contact with Grim for some time now, and I felt he had the dedication and heart to be a good mod.

In conclusion, I'll admit that the this first stage of the new mods has been a frustrating experience, but in time we should all be on the same page and hopefully you all will feel comfortable with us on your forums.

---
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Heartfelt thanks for answering. This is what people need.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wow alot of questions answered b:shocked
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for answering all those questions, Frankie.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    now everyone can be happy again b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you Frankie for your answers.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thanks for all the answers Frankie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Agreed thank you much. :]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Now that's exactly what this forum needs: answers. Thank you frankie for taking your time to answer those.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you for the answers; very good to see. =)
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you very much Frankie!
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *relief* I saw the arguing and thought you came in here to close it..but you answered! thank you b:thanks I will definately be quoting you on these. This a great start to try and rebuild these forums, answers. I think that's all the community wants is attention, and answers. Thank again, sir!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thank you very much for ur answers ;)

even thought this defiantly is first step towards a better forum i still disagree with some banns (have nothing to do with new mods or flamers) since i cant talk about them on forum (would just get closed) or with by sending a ticket since they r not me that was banned is there a possible way to talk with a gm about them? tyvm again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you, Frankie, for the answers to some of our questions. It's appreciated.

Maybe this all in one Q & A could be a semi-regular thing...
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I am not quite satisfied with the answer you've given for the bans. Some people have been suspended and some permabanned. The trend I see was you permabanned some of the first offenders, and when it became apparent that you had to ban a lot more people, and your first victims weren't ALONE, you started issuing temporary bans. I think you can make up for that by making them all temporary bans. I have yet to be convinced your treatment of everyone is the same, especially since at least two no-name accounts have been created for the sole purpose of "trolling the trolls" so to speak. They don't even bring up any valid point. All the do is flame, PERIOD.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    maybe mr. raye will take what you've said into consideration... I honestly agree that they should all be temp-banned, because all they did was speak out. (granted it could've been done more maturely)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?