Answers (Frankie and Mods may want to take a look)

Options

Comments

• JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Okay, another question:
    Why are some people that did not break the rules in any shape or form, in no way of being accused, become suspended from the game entirely even if they did not QQ on the forums either way?
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've always edited/closed/moved these threads, even before the new mods came on. The only other version that can really be discussed here is PW-CN (chinese version), only because that one does have a lot of bearing on our own version.

Funny, when I posted SS about Zen price & in-game Coins economy on PW-CN, it got closed instantly and I got told I can't talk/compare PWI to other version.

so what can be really discussed? is there a limit? if yes then elaborate those limits.
    make it clear 100%, bcos atm my mind is thinking the only topic that can be discussed about PW-CN is "PW-CN is from Beijing". period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you Frankie for clearing the bans up. And thank you everyone else for trying to keep this thread on track while I was sleeping (: I really appreciate you all.

Okay, another question:
    Why are some people that did not break the rules in any shape or form, in no way of being accused, become suspended from the game entirely even if they did not QQ on the forums either way?

If I'm not mistaken, this has been asked, and answered by Frankie. He's also cleared things up about his answer a couple pages back.

And also, it's ok if y'all start a discussion on the self-buffs, it's ok (:.. just no flaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I could understand how Assassin buffs could be purged. (those guys, hate to be biased, NEED nurfs.)

But I mean our self buffs are staples. The only real buffs that aren't self-buffs for us are SoS, SoV, and Empowered/Diminished vigor. You make all of our buffs purgeable and we as a class would be screwed.
    Black/White voodoo I could understand...but everything? I mean black and white are staples of ours...as if it wasn't bad enough they could purge that.

Not a lot of people understand our class (There are only 11 Psychics so far over level 90 in Harshlands) so they don't really understand how NOT overpowered we are compared to the Assassins. That kind of ignorance is what prones these kinds of questions.

I didn't mean to offend the classes (I guess my way of expressing the question was..). I don't even have any high level Assassin or Psychic to know how they are played (that's why I simply said "the tideborn").
    I don't PK so it doesn't bother me at all but I've read many threads and simply made me curious about this whole thing. Now, it was the perfect time to ask it b:chuckle

Thank you and Born_Free for mentioning all that. It makes more sense now to why some Psychic self buff cannot be purge'd.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I could understand how Assassin buffs could be purged. (those guys, hate to be biased, NEED nurfs.)

But I mean our self buffs are staples. The only real buffs that aren't self-buffs for us are SoS, SoV, and Empowered/Diminished vigor. You make all of our buffs purgeable and we as a class would be screwed.
    Black/White voodoo I could understand...but everything? I mean black and white are staples of ours...as if it wasn't bad enough they could purge that.

Not a lot of people understand our class (There are only 11 Psychics so far over level 90 in Harshlands) so they don't really understand how NOT overpowered we are compared to the Assassins. That kind of ignorance is what prones these kinds of questions.

Without their buffs, Clerics are pretty screwed, too. Less damage and defense...Dunno how many times, in the middle of a mob I'm fighting on my cleric, I -have- to stop and rebuff, or it'll massacre me. But those buffs are purgeable.

Barb hp buffs, too. Those can make a huge difference in a duel, and they are purgeable. And Invoke. Huge ***-saving skill there, poof. XD

Bramble's purgeable, sparking effects - purgeable.

If all of those are purgeable, I think psychics' should be, too.

That, and it's annoying when a psy buffs someone who didn't want to be buffed, and you can't purge the buff off them, hahahaha. b:chuckle
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My apologies for coming late to this thread; in fact I'm only aware of it through HopToIt's post in my own, more poorly-named thread.
    I'm human and I make mistakes.
    Frankie, I need you to do something for me. I need you to realize that this statement (and to a lesser extent, the rest of that post) is the most important thing that this community needed to hear throughout the whole rigmarole. I was honestly thrown when HopToIt linked me to this thread. It is a huge relief.

We need more of this humanism from you and the staff in general. This is not a forum that follows the "mods = gods" mentality. We see you guys as real people, with real lives, and as such we're more than willing to forgive mistakes from your end (and admit our own, when the situation calls for it). But to forgive mistakes, we need to see the person be open, honest, and forthcoming at all possible times.

It was the "hot-button issue" threads (more specifically, a lack of updates within them) which really generated this resentment - the mod decision was just the spark that set off the powder keg. In short, we need more communication from you. I know people tend to pick apart everything you say, but I hope you realize that the less you communicate, the more you'll be soundbitten on the phrases you do say. In the long run, a little transparency will go a long way.

If you have read this post, I have a question for you now. How busy is your PM inbox? I have a few more questions for you that I would very much appreciate a reply to, but I won't bother right now if you've already got a backlog of PMs to take care of. I know your time is valuable and this week, it seems like you have precious little of it. I'm just wondering what would be the best time to get in touch on these issues. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Without their buffs, Clerics are pretty screwed, too. Less damage and defense...Dunno how many times, in the middle of a mob I'm fighting on my cleric, I -have- to stop and rebuff, or it'll massacre me. But those buffs are purgeable.

Barb hp buffs, too. Those can make a huge difference in a duel, and they are purgeable. And Invoke. Huge ***-saving skill there, poof. XD

Bramble's purgeable, sparking effects - purgeable.

If all of those are purgeable, I think psychics' should be, too.

That, and it's annoying when a psy buffs someone who didn't want to be buffed, and you can't purge the buff off them, hahahaha. b:chuckle
    one mistake in your post, invoke isnt purge-able.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

If you have read this post, I have a question for you now. How busy is your PM inbox? I have a few more questions for you that I would very much appreciate a reply to, but I won't bother right now if you've already got a backlog of PMs to take care of. I know your time is valuable and this week, it seems like you have precious little of it. I'm just wondering what would be the best time to get in touch on these issues. Thank you.

I think he posted somewhere that he has 50ish pms to get through. I'm guessing it's horribly busy right now for mods, too. I'd probably wait until next week or you can join the queue but don't expect a response instantly.
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump........

b:nosebleed

Important?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Important?

Well, we already got the answers so I think this thread is done.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmm well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to post a few questions here, for now. I'll only PM them to frankie if we don't get a response to them in the next few days, eh? :P

Question 1: The "sticky" status has been removed for threads on important issues such as TW, TT and the DQ price drop. Furthermore, there have been rumors that "bumping" these threads is now prohibited. Is this true? And if so, through what means are we still allowed to keep these important issues in public view until they are resolved? When future issues arise, will there be a stickied thread for discussion on them?

Question 2: Would you consider creating a new board in the "General" section, or a sub-forum in "General Discussion" specifically for these "current-events" threads? This board would, perhaps, restrict new thread creation to only you or other administrators (unless you see fit to move a growing discussion thread from GD to the subforum and designate it as the "official" thread). With this idea, current-events threads will not be lost from the spotlight, nor will they have to share space with the announcement threads. Is this feasible?

Might add some more later if I think of any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmm well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to post a few questions here, for now. I'll only PM them to frankie if we don't get a response to them in the next few days, eh? :P

Question 1: The "sticky" status has been removed for threads on important issues such as TW, TT and the DQ price drop. Furthermore, there have been rumors that "bumping" these threads is now prohibited. Is this true? And if so, through what means are we still allowed to keep these important issues in public view until they are resolved? When future issues arise, will there be a stickied thread for discussion on them?

This was also said/alluded to earlier (sorry I have no links but I don't remember the exact thread titles offhand and I sorta suspect they've been depth'd or deleted). The original intent of the stickies was for news announcements and all the ones devoted to discussion were taken down to preserve this function.

Also I think it was Michael that pointed out that really most of the concerns in the thread were addressed even if it was only to say "we've presented the ideas to the devs, waiting for feedback".

I think if enough time passes it'll be acceptable to start a new thread asking for updates on these issues rather than bumping the old ones. I'm hoping that we will be getting updates though in the form of new announcements whenever changes are made.
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Would you consider creating a new board in the "General" section, or a sub-forum in "General Discussion" specifically for these "current-events" threads? This board would, perhaps, restrict new thread creation to only you or other administrators (unless you see fit to move a growing discussion thread from GD to the subforum and designate it as the "official" thread). With this idea, current-events threads will not be lost from the spotlight, nor will they have to share space with the announcement threads. Is this feasible?

I like this suggestion.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    haybails wrote: »
    I like this suggestion.

Seconded.

It's a great idea I've seen implemented in other forums with success.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good and relevant questions, Miugre.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seconded.

It's a great idea I've seen implemented in other forums with success.

Thirded, it is in fact a really good idea to make a sub-forum for these issues, it would make it easier for the GMs to find the topics on the issues that are about big things in game aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    First off, thanks for the answers frankie, I would have missed them, if I hadn't decided to check out the older posts in this topic.

Secondly one thing I would like to see addressed is, Kantorek's comment towards the player base in the "official tw rules thread."
    kantorek wrote:
    Update
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them. If you think your faction has a legitimate chance to win the TW, then by all means go for it.

Did, he really meant to come across so negatively, or was that him just thinking out loud? I realize that you frankieraye, may not be able to answer this, but maybe you can ask him for us?
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, we already got the answers so I think this thread is done.

Not everything has been answered.. and there are more people coming in that have questions. This doesn't neccasarily have to only be about the Nerdrage of 2010, but any questions you have about the game to, so everyone has an easier time finding answers, and Frankie has an easier time answering everyone's questions.

I posted your second question Miugre, the first has already been answered. and you can find your answer on bumping in the ToS, but this rule has been held very lightly.

EDIT: I'm adding your question Slivaf

• KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:bored just noticed my question was on there o_O'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Of course! You asked, I posted,Frankie answered (:

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @Miugre question 1.

Correct me if wrong, but wasn't it said that it's still allowed to post in those threads, just that they have changed their sticky policy back to the way it was before. So keeping those threads alive is just one way of keeping less spam and all the discussion in those said topics.
    So if peeps are getting tempa ban, makes no sense.

Given it's on topic and pg.

So my speculation is that just posting "bump" w/o any contribution to the discussion is recognized as spam. Which makes sense but by no means a reason to directly ban a user for wanting to keep a hot topic alive =?
    b:dirty
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Of course! You asked, I posted,Frankie answered (:

well ty for posting it <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @Miugre question 1.

Correct me if wrong, but wasn't it said that it's still allowed to post in those threads, just that they have changed their sticky policy back to the way it was before. So keeping those threads alive is just one way of keeping less spam and all the discussion in those said topics.
    So if peeps are getting tempa ban, makes no sense.

Given it's on topic and pg.

So my speculation is that just posting "bump" w/o any contribution to the discussion is recognized as spam. Which makes sense but by no means a reason to directly ban a user for wanting to keep a hot topic alive =?

I dont think anyone got banned for any of that... you're right about the bump

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont think anyone got banned for any of that... you're right about the bump

Airyll was banned for that. At least, it was listed as a reason for her ban. Source.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oh, I see.... well that is concerning...

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Airyll was banned for that. At least, it was listed as a reason for her ban. Source.

But it wasn't just cause the bump, just one of reasons.
    And if I understand frankie, it's just a temp ban.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But it wasn't just cause the bump, just one of reasons.
    And if I understand frankie, it's just a temp ban.

Yes, of course. However, if bumping is not a grounds for bans, temporary or not, it would not have been listed. From it being included in list of reasons for a person's suspension, we would assume it's a bannable offense...
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, of course. However, if bumping is not a grounds for bans, temporary or not, it would not have been listed. From it being included in list of reasons for a person's suspension, we would assume it's a bannable offense...

True, thus why the concern.

But I am thinking it's like some forums have the "karma" system.
    If the admin decides your post was out of place you get "-1" for some short time on it.
    In the end when you get to many you get a ban, some offenses were maybe just minor warnings but overall it contributed in to getting to many in a short time. And so was listed as a reason.

~just a thought

edit~ well no point in speculating, just have to wait for a response
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My apologies for coming late to this thread; in fact I'm only aware of it through HopToIt's post in my own, more poorly-named thread.

Frankie, I need you to do something for me. I need you to realize that this statement (and to a lesser extent, the rest of that post) is the most important thing that this community needed to hear throughout the whole rigmarole. I was honestly thrown when HopToIt linked me to this thread. It is a huge relief.

We need more of this humanism from you and the staff in general. This is not a forum that follows the "mods = gods" mentality. We see you guys as real people, with real lives, and as such we're more than willing to forgive mistakes from your end (and admit our own, when the situation calls for it). But to forgive mistakes, we need to see the person be open, honest, and forthcoming at all possible times.

It was the "hot-button issue" threads (more specifically, a lack of updates within them) which really generated this resentment - the mod decision was just the spark that set off the powder keg. In short, we need more communication from you. I know people tend to pick apart everything you say, but I hope you realize that the less you communicate, the more you'll be soundbitten on the phrases you do say. In the long run, a little transparency will go a long way.

My PM inbox is pretty full right now, but go ahead and send me a PM, and I'll try my damndest to get everything replied to by the end of the week.

And I realize y'all need more communication from me. Hopefully we can take this recent forum explosion and use it as a fresh start for how things are done around here.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I love you Frankie b:kiss