Lunar Claws or TT100fists

saul25
saul25 Posts: 99 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Blademaster
b:scornb:scorn What is better tt100 fists or Lunar claws?

Im a level 80 bm and my highest crit was 39kb:sin

Deal with itb:coolb
Post edited by saul25 on

Comments

• Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lunar claws is cheaper im personally going with lunar claws cause i can use em at 95 :)

TT100fist=150m
    CVclaws=60m-70m
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    id assume with your fast attack speed, the hp debuff would go off alot more. the cost of it is cheaper. it could also be made into nirvana provide you wanted to go that far. deicide > TT100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    TT100 does outdamage Lunar.

Lunar does not bind.

If you plan on going G15 Nirvana fists/claws, go with the lunar which can be sold or converted after you get your Nirvana.

It's cheaper to make 99 gold to convert to Nirvana, so you can resell your claws once you make them.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've hit 82k with genie. 54k with highland.

Don't you just love full debuff moments?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol, in FCC, I hit the Shade with HF, then followed with a Highland Cleave and hit it for 67k crit/zerk.

I love my GXs. b:dirty
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
    edited September 2010
    lol, in FCC, I hit the Shade with HF, then followed with a Highland Cleave and hit it for 67k crit/zerk.

I love my GXs. b:dirty

I hit over 100k on neinbeast with my claws. lol
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've hit 82k with genie. 54k with highland.

Don't you just love full debuff moments?

My highest hit is probably a bit over 25k. Would be more but my HF is only level 6 and I never zerk crit with highland. And on bosses I always use fists.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • saul25
    edited September 2010
    Naw i dont really think im going for Nirvana claws. I just settle in for Lunar claws for endgame and i know nirvana is better but those claws look kinda **** and Lunar claws look so much better b:dirty
  • crackerjack009
    crackerjack009 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How does the Lunar Claws reduce maxium hp work? ex. If someones at 5600/8000 how does 5600/7000 make a diff? u still need to do 5600 more damage to killb:puzzled
    edited September 2010
    If you're not going Nirvana, TT100 should be your end-game.

The Soul Infect knocks 10% off your maximum HP. If you have less than 90% of your maximum HP, it does nothing except reduce your max hp.

It's really only good for high HP targets, mostly suitable for PvE.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you're not going Nirvana, TT100 should be your end-game.

The Soul Infect knocks 10% off your maximum HP. If you have less than 90% of your maximum HP, it does nothing except reduce your max hp.

It's really only good for high HP targets, mostly suitable for PvE.

if we're talking endgame

lunar out DD's tt 100 due to refien rate at +12

now if your up against other endgame toons all you have to fight is high hp targets

5% proc rate = 1 in 20 hits procs so lets say it takes 10 hits to tick the charms of a arcane at that lvl (would be closer to 15-20 but meh) thats a 50% chance that you will debuff their hp on the charm tick so for the duration of this proc your oponent is effectivly amped by 10% in a way that stacks with both EP and HF

slightly higher damage on the claws at high refines (+11 +12) even with the fists phys add...so you can have a 10% effective amp or +4% from crit

the claws are way cheaper even if you have to 2 socket them with stones so they will always be refined higher for the same cost as tt 100 and thus will always be a better coin per damage investment

+vit and the proc are both highly usefull for pve tanking

long story short tt 100 fists are never ever worth it they fall behind early game since you get claws 1st late game due to the cost differance and endgame due to the claws higher refine rate and proc
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    if we're talking endgame

lunar out DD's tt 100 due to refien rate at +12

now if your up against other endgame toons all you have to fight is high hp targets

5% proc rate = 1 in 20 hits procs so lets say it takes 10 hits to tick the charms of a arcane at that lvl (would be closer to 15-20 but meh) thats a 50% chance that you will debuff their hp on the charm tick so for the duration of this proc your oponent is effectivly amped by 10% in a way that stacks with both EP and HF

slightly higher damage on the claws at high refines (+11 +12) even with the fists phys add...so you can have a 10% effective amp or +4% from crit

the claws are way cheaper even if you have to 2 socket them with stones so they will always be refined higher for the same cost as tt 100 and thus will always be a better coin per damage investment

+vit and the proc are both highly usefull for pve tanking

long story short tt 100 fists are never ever worth it they fall behind early game since you get claws 1st late game due to the cost differance and endgame due to the claws higher refine rate and proc

Deicide base atk: 498 - 673, average atk: 585.5
    +12 refine: +787
    So +12 deicide average atk: 1372.5

TT100 base atk: 643 - 710 (+142 from bonus stat), average atk: 747.5
    +12 refine: +675
    So +12 tt100 average atk: 1422.5

So +12 tt100 has higher damage than deicide, leaving +4% crit vs hp debuff and +17vit. For pvp +4% crit or hp debuff won't make much difference killing the target (even a high hp target) with +10 or over refine on weapon and atk charms. For pve the more damage from +4% crit will end up catching the hp debuff when soloing a boss.
    Also to add a second socket on deicide, it takes 8k sock stones (if i remember correctly). 11k per socket stones and 70m for deicide and the total cost is over 150m.

So as endgame tt100 is superior to deicide. Also ppl usually stops at +10/11 refine. If they can afford +12, then they can probably afford going second cast nirvana. Get deicide as endgame only if you can find them already with 2 sock and plan to refine to +12. Else tt100 is just better (especially at +10 refine only).

Another choice is getting the first recast nirvana claws (Windpour: Nirvana) as endgame, using a 2 sock tt99 fist and transferring the 2 sockets. The total cost is about 200-230m. They're better than tt100 at +11/12 refine and are already halfway to second cast if you ever get the money for it.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im not a bm... but what about gorenox vanity fists?

i have been with 2 bms; 1 with +10 deicides and 1 with +10 gorenox... both were a strength build and the one with the gorenox out DD'd the one with lunar claws. the extra damage add on the gorenox i think evens out the playing field if not proves to be better

i could be totally wrong- but they could quite possibly be better fists for even cheaper

ps. both bms were 101 :/ they seemed very evenly compared
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im not a bm... but what about gorenox vanity fists?

i have been with 2 bms; 1 with +10 deicides and 1 with +10 gorenox... both were a strength build and the one with the gorenox out DD'd the one with lunar claws. the extra damage add on the gorenox i think evens out the playing field if not proves to be better

i could be totally wrong- but they could quite possibly be better fists for even cheaper

ps. both bms were 101 :/ they seemed very evenly compared

With my test builds, Lunar > FCC gold. Also, you'd need to have -0.05 int more to get to 5 aps sparked.

Not sure about that proc though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    With my test builds, Lunar > FCC gold. Also, you'd need to have -0.05 int more to get to 5 aps sparked.

Not sure about that proc though.

:/ ya i dont know- just sharing... both of them were 5.0 regardless of the -int on the weapon was but ya... b:cute interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How much %hp does decide drop from your target?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If it wasn't mentioned already, 10.

I had TT100 fists, and get them if you can afford them, there is nothing wrong with deicides though.

I only got TT100 fists months ago because I had bought a Lunar Insignia - Weapon for 60m, made it a 2 socket Deicide, only ref'd it to 5 w/2 perfects, and there was an idiot from Tao on HT server that bought it for 110m (I s**t you not). So I just saved up 50m more and just got the 30 TOBL's, the Soul Relic, had the subs thanks to BH's on several chars, and just paid to shard+ref that to 5. While my HP was a bit lower, the crit and attack was very noticeably better.
  • saul25
    edited October 2010
    na i dont want tt100 lol Lunar claws look so much better b:laugh Lunar claws still do awesome damage i was told this from the best bm in DW he is the leader of Calamity :D
    edited October 2010
    lokixz wrote: »
    Deicide base atk: 498 - 673, average atk: 585.5
    +12 refine: +787
    So +12 deicide average atk: 1372.5

TT100 base atk: 643 - 710 (+142 from bonus stat), average atk: 747.5
    +12 refine: +675
    So +12 tt100 average atk: 1422.5

So +12 tt100 has higher damage than deicide, leaving +4% crit vs hp debuff and +17vit. For pvp +4% crit or hp debuff won't make much difference killing the target (even a high hp target) with +10 or over refine on weapon and atk charms. For pve the more damage from +4% crit will end up catching the hp debuff when soloing a boss.

I highly doubt you're going to get the difference back with TT100 if you are solo tanking a boss, which is actually quite common with 5aps BMs. I'm sure the breakoff point would be relatively low and highly dependent on the actual pdef of the boss in question, but I'm willing to bet that it's safe to say that for any boss with 5m+ hp, you'll be better off going with the Deicides, if you have two sockets and are refined to +10 or higher.

And if you're going +12 and either are two socket, the difference is really going to be quite minimal... so a boss that would take 45 seconds would take you a half second or so less, at best.

TT100 is better, but if you're highly refined it doesn't matter. Roll a 5aps sin if you want any significant increase in damage. The difference between highly refined TT100 v 2 sock Deicides are really insignificant. On any high HP boss you'll ping pong aggro depending on who is currently mid-triple spark and who decides being dragon bish first. It really just doesn't matter.

TT100 is endgame if you're not going for Nirvana, Deicides are better if you do plan on eventually going Nirvana because you can resell them and regain quite a bit of your initial costs.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    saul25 wrote: »
    na i dont want tt100 lol Lunar claws look so much better b:laugh Lunar claws still do awesome damage i was told this from the best bm in DW he is the leader of Calamity :D

Yea, nobody would want to admit otherwise if they have bound +10 Deicides...

Guy who doesn't even PK = hardly best BM.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yea, nobody would want to admit otherwise if they have bound +10 Deicides...

Guy who doesn't even PK = hardly best BM.

Lol who's the leader of cala now? saul25, I'm real happy for you and I'ma let you finish. But Seraphim was the best cala leader of ALL time.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol who's the leader of cala now?

BaldwinBoy.
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't know why people think deicides look cool. The TT100 fists, to me, look awesome. The nirvana fists actually look AMAZING, but it's too bad they suck. :/
    :3
  • saul25
    edited October 2010
    Lol who's the leader of cala now? saul25, I'm real happy for you and I'ma let you finish. But Seraphim was the best cala leader of ALL time.

BaldwinBoy and he says he already spent lots of money for Lunar claws and doesnt want to make another investment and told me his damage is still very good and

its Destinyblade and u try to kill me In Dragon Temple b:angry
  • saul25
    edited October 2010
    I don't know why people think deicides look cool. The TT100 fists, to me, look awesome. The nirvana fists actually look AMAZING, but it's too bad they suck. :/

the tt100 fists look pretty cool but Lunar claws so much better and cooler imo and Nirvana claws look ok but Lunar claws still look much better than Nirvana claws so I just want Lunar claw as endgame because its still very good weapon b:cool
    edited October 2010

I love the way my Deicides look. Much better than Nirvana claws.

Nirvana fists don't suck anymore. You're rolling for +20 attack levels and one -interval add.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    BaldwinBoy and he says he already spent lots of money for Lunar claws and doesnt want to make another investment and told me his damage is still very good and

BladwinBoy has been around, but Ranfa was right about the never PK part.
    its Destinyblade and u try to kill me In Dragon Temple b:angry
    What? I would never! DT is a place for players to explore ruins and hunt for treasures while working together to defeat monsters that stand in our way! b:cute
  • HEALERKIZNA - Heavens Tear
    HEALERKIZNA - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol i'm makeing the tt100 fists and sharding them with+1 crit stones so my crit will be up too 28% crit and at 4 aps normal(im sage) ill be getting a crit every second lol.

btw the deicide ability sucks : veno/sinn/archers already get it on one of there skills, and its usualy better.
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    DPS-wise, you're much much much better off sharding with +75 attack than with +1% crit.
    :3
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I love the way my Deicides look. Much better than Nirvana claws.

Nirvana fists don't suck anymore. You're rolling for +20 attack levels and one -interval add.
    frenzied rage is better dps wise and the chance to get it is higher (ive never seen +20atk lvl) but since most bm's went demon its gonna suck for them lol. as demon, ppl will better go with claws not fists