Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Comments

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Still no reply from a gm, mod or staff member?
    b:shocked
    Here we go again....
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Reporting fixed attacks is apparently useless. PWI openly interferes in TW by banning certain alliances and allowing certain others.

This is not about abusing the system, as Kantorek says on the first post, it's about applying the same rules to all factions. Disregarding how much their big cash shoppers pay. Simple as that
    Thanks for the screenshot mine didn't take for some reason. Ticket submitted.
    Dear Andres,
    Action: Ticket has been closed.

We appreciate the time that you have taken to submit this report. We will investigate this issue using the information that you have provided.

I submitted ticket last thursday, I was answered this wednesday. I see them doing it again. Great customer support PWI! b:laugh
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    bump .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Greaver - Dreamweaver
    Greaver - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Alliances

Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.

Alliances cannot fund directly or indirectly another faction to protect one of its own territories or that of their alliance members.

I think you all should read this a bit more closely. Inversion had shown the week before that they where in an alliance with cala. Then they bid on one of there allies lands in order to protect there allies lands from another alliance. so this was considered a fake bid by the gms.
    This is just my two cents i know im going to get flamed and will not bother to reply.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Reporting fixed attacks is apparently useless.

Depends on how the attack is fixed.

All bidding on a major land holding faction with the intent to win is fine.

The land holding faction useing an allied Faction or fake bid to protect it's own lands isnt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Alliances

Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.

Alliances cannot fund directly or indirectly another faction to protect one of its own territories or that of their alliance members.

I think you all should read this a bit more closely. Inversion had shown the week before that they where in an alliance with cala. Then they bid on one of there allies lands in order to protect there allies lands from another alliance. so this was considered a fake bid by the gms.
    This is just my two cents i know im going to get flamed and will not bother to reply.

Alaxan has already stated that we aren't in an alliance with Cala. As much as I hate bringing up old information....Inversion intended to take land, in the Cala fight our TW was pretty much a race to each others crystal and see which one would go down first. Cala got to ours faster and therefore took down our faster than we could take down their crystal. As said before... we are friendly with Cala, but when we fight them in TW, we leave that friendship at the door and treat it like any other TW.

PS - Yep I flamed you bad.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Collaboration and exploiting the bidding system? Why would any faction do that? lol
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4803/97115699.jpg
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Collaboration and exploiting the bidding system? Why would any faction do that? lol

Or you mean only having 1 land to bid on but waiting till just after that one land has bid before doing so to try to manipulate the times ? Why would any faction do that ?

But sadly if you read closely those rule's are aimed at fake bids. Where people collaborate to protect their lands. The same as they have always been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010

i smell sarcasm.

the question is rather. how much do we need to pay, or what do we need to do, in order to be "above the rules" as some ppl seem to be.

if your faction has charged x total, these rules applies:
    etc etc LOL..

i dont know if im joking. i should be, but sometimes u really dont think its too far off.

posting those "official" rules is only an image to try as always, to look like they'r doing something / care. while the rules probly dont matter too much in the long run.

before ArynannaMage left *cough* fired* *cough* she said that these rules always have been the same, since PWI went in Beta.
    And we all know that there have been TONS of fake bidding, and coordinated attacks given land away etc etc.. in the past. rules not enforced at all.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited October 2010
    Or you mean only having 1 land to bid on but waiting till just after that one land has bid before doing so to try to manipulate the times ? Why would any faction do that ?

But sadly if you read closely those rule's are aimed at fake bids. Where people collaborate to protect their lands. The same as they have always been.

If we only have 1 land to bid on, smart money goes on waiting till late to avoid the faction with 1 land to have time to fake overbid.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Alliances

Inversion attacked Equinox. That means suddenly they are in an alliance with Calamity? Odd, if thats the case, why wasnt Dynasty ever banned for something like this? Why wasnt any other faction banned for something like this? Just because there are no other targets left in the world they have 3 choices and decided to attack the obvious choice they've got to be cheating. Its so obvious. BTW for those of you who dont realize. This is sarcasm.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    If we only have 1 land to bid on, smart money goes on waiting till late to avoid the faction with 1 land to have time to fake overbid.

Logical apart from

A) The bid on another 1 land faction last week was very early. Hence mooting the point about waiting till late.

B) The one land faction isnt inclined to fake bid. Which you know yourself. ( Been removed from the map twice recently without a hint of a fake bid to prevent it )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Logical apart from

A) The bid on another 1 land faction last week was very early. Hence mooting the point about waiting till late.

B) The one land faction isnt inclined to fake bid. Which you know yourself. ( Been removed from the map twice recently without a hint of a fake bid to prevent it )

The bid was early because it was a large sum bid that was doubtful to be outbid, counter-point is moot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    was that before or after the influx of players who are inclined to fake bid? i forget
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Only cheaters want clarification guys. Move along now.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    troll harder (god I hate that phrase)

Anyways, dont revert to name calling (which is a baseless form or argument and I might add childish) when you dont even know the people you deem as "cheaters". FYI the faction Im in is the top land holding faction on the server and has abided by the rules and in WC, Forums everywhere, we have made our intentions known and I daresay are legit intentions. We aren't "TWing for fun" "holding training TWs" "Fake bidding" but yet when I ask for clarification I mean it for those who I thought were having questionable actions as well as for some of our new land holders on the map. New smaller factions have gotten on and I would like the server NOT to die based upon some bannings on the afore mentioned TW rules when they could have been clarified more.

Tl,dr? asking for clarification =/= cheaters, move along. There's legit people out there, they're just getting thrown under a blanket statement created for people who deserve it more.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't think they're getting thrown under the blanket. Read what Kanto posts afterwards:
    We judge all TW wars on a case by case basis. Not just a concrete "If faction X has Y players, and they are attacking faction Z." Obviously a faction with less than 20 or so members with a low level average of say 30 is not going to win versus a big guild. But now what if that faction only has 20 members strong, but they're all level 60+ and are attacking a faction that has to defend a lot of territories. Maybe they think they can sneak in a win in against a weakly defended territory? We look at the data on our end and make the judgment call. This is where it becomes difficult for us to give hard numbers. The intention to win the war must always be there. It all comes to not having a built in system within the game to stop and discourage TW wars but rather monitored on the human side. As far as I know, we are the only version that polices these types of fake bids and we pride ourselves for not turning a blind eye to it.

He basically just says that GMs will judge at a case-by-case basis, and that is why he can't give precise numbers
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    troll harder (god I hate that phrase)

Anyways, dont revert to name calling (which is a baseless form or argument and I might add childish) when you dont even know the people you deem as "cheaters". FYI the faction Im in is the top land holding faction on the server and has abided by the rules and in WC, Forums everywhere, we have made our intentions known and I daresay are legit intentions. We aren't "TWing for fun" "holding training TWs" "Fake bidding" but yet when I ask for clarification I mean it for those who I thought were having questionable actions as well as for some of our new land holders on the map. New smaller factions have gotten on and I would like the server NOT to die based upon some bannings on the afore mentioned TW rules when they could have been clarified more.

Tl,dr? asking for clarification =/= cheaters, move along. There's legit people out there, they're just getting thrown under a blanket statement created for people who deserve it more.

You know that ragenight was being sarcastic, right?

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at ragenight or at Kanto's statement.

Which was BTW
    Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them.

A statement which can be taken as "People asking for clarification are the most likely to try and cheat the system"

So... yeah. If that was aimed at ragenight, then I've just explained to you why ragenight said that.

If it was aimed at Kanto, +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Anyone notice how kanto has like fallen off of the face of the map?

Don't think I have seen him post since he edited in that statement. =x

Who in the hell is in charge of public relations over there? << (in the PWI office?) Is it a monkey? Or would that be too insulting to the monkeys? D: ;/

It is clear we are angry about the comment made by a representative of pwi, and that we would like an apology at the VERY least for his comment, and yet we are receiving no apology, no 'suck it up' remark, no nothing. ;/ (which suck it up would obviously worsen the situation.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Who in the hell is in charge of public relations over there? << (in the PWI office?) Is it a monkey? Or would that be too insulting to the monkeys? D: ;/

It is clear we are angry about the comment made by a representative of pwi, and that we would like an apology at the VERY least for his comment, and yet we are receiving no apology, no 'suck it up' remark, no nothing. ;/ (which suck it up would obviously worsen the situation.)

Yes. I would take a monkeys over these GMs tbh
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    e was no apology for the chicken comment even though players had demanded one. instead, i think the thread was merged with 2 other threads and that specific post was covered with so many other posts that they closed the thread, started a new one and hid the fact that ppl were annoyed.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I made a personal promise to Frankie in a PM that I wouldn't let this go away as long as I could manage, and I wouldn't leave it unchallenged.

I intend to try and keep that promise.

Bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jacui
    jacui Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Actually he did post, but it was in the thread welcoming the new mods. Aka welcoming the new mods into the chaos he contributed to enormously.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    2 no-name guilds with no reasonable chance of winning bid on HT this week. Ban please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I count 4 on sanctuary. That have no shot of winning
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    was that before or after the influx of players who are inclined to fake bid? i forget

After .... Unless your ex-members are inclined to fake bid. Something you wish to share Smokey ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    +1 to Air

And btw there's something that still bothers me which is our smaller factions on the map atm. There's going to be even MORE factions on there and I don't want them getting banned if they decide to attack us (as I know for a fact their lvl range is much less than ours) b:cry

I can't stand people getting driven from Arch server-I've made it my new home.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Looks like we are going to have to see how much nerdrage it's going to take before they decide to apologize **** and stop doing stupid bans, or start banning people to show them they are serious.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    bump cuz this somehow got to 3rd page through all this mass chaos i have yet to read b:shocked
    Here we go again....
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yay more mirages this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.