Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just posting cuz everyone else does.
    b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Way too far down the first page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yarly
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Way too far down the first page.

QFT. /5char
    <3 Tapout <3
  • ViciousKev - Dreamweaver
    ViciousKev - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    bumpity bump bump bump
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *reads the rules again*

So.... in other words.... these rules are put in place so that the largest land owning faction, remains the largest land owning faction, and discourages new players from trying to become a land owning faction. Furthermore, the other factions who do actually enjoy TW and are attempting to own land are no longer allowed to collaborate to try to gain land against the largest land owning faction. Furthermore, if they do attempt this, they run the risk of being banned, even though they can't obtain the materials to fight against the largest land owning faction, and have to result to "fighting dirty." Even though The largest faction "Hires" factions to attack them so they can gain "Experience(Mirages)" and "teach(massacre)" smaller factions this too is a bannable offense, to the one who "Hired" the smaller faction.

Can someone explain to me now how land is supposed to be recieved? If factions can't fight against larger factions that have the resources from all major cities and towns?

I do have an idea to quell the headaches; lay off the TW for 1-4 weeks. DONT BID.....PERIOD!

There again, I'm factionless so what does it matter to me? :P
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *bumps with a baseball bat* and not to go off tangent but damn the ban hammer been havin a work out O.o most ppl i see have banned under their avatar these days. oh well its just the man tryin to put us down man but lets remain strong. POWER TO DA PLAYERS
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Boop-boop-bedoop-BUMP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Before any more bumps are made int his topic, I wanted to share this with you all. :)

I realize I wasn't the first person to ask, but I did ask on that thread, and that was the answer we all got. :)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Before any more bumps are made int his topic, I wanted to share this with you all. :)

I realize I wasn't the first person to ask, but I did ask on that thread, and that was the answer we all got. :)

That's good, and I appreciate the response, but it doesn't make unstickying the threads they made specifically for discussion of these issues any better, and so it must remain on the first page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Discussion about a problem does not always = coming to a solution. Stickying these threads was just a way to help keep the forums clearer, but having the general TW rules sticky up there - hopefully people would SEE it up there and not make -more- threads about the same topic.

Discussing this will not make anything change. The devs said no changes.

The only thing bumping is doing, it keeping the thread where others can read it. No changes will be made from bumping endlessly.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited October 2010
    *BUMP WITH A BASEBALL BAT* *dances*
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    The only thing bumping is doing, it keeping the thread where others can read it. No changes will be made from bumping endlessly.

But it sure is fun, ain't it? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    nothing yet?
    b:bye
  • DrowElfLord - Dreamweaver
    DrowElfLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Small factions

Factions with too few members should not bid.

Factions with a low level average should not bid.

Define "few members" & "low average" I need numbers...

Perhaps if u patched this into the bidding, which can determine the number of members and lvls of the faction in question that is bidding.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    "All factions must have independent leadership

Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited. "

Does this mean that independent factions may plot to attack another faction as long as they have intent to win? I see it as a land holder can't let their baby faction take land from themselves or bid on themselves.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Define "few members" & "low average" I need numbers...

Perhaps if u patched this into the bidding, which can determine the number of members and lvls of the faction in question that is bidding.

should probably read the rest of his post
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010

That makes sense. We can't do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scandalous - Dreamweaver
    Scandalous - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *Bumps*
    Back from Retirement

Calamity taking over Dreamweaver since March 2009.
    RIP Calamity - October 30th / 2010
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Haven't you heard you can't bump this thread anymore?

oh damn...
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    zomg we almost forgot about this....need to make sure ppl can read the rules on tw so they cant QQ about getting banned for false bidding :P *bump*
  • freeadd
    freeadd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Bidding is not an easy thing to do, one needs certain amount of knowledge for bidding. It is very important that bid management is done with responsibility. Bidding, if used properly it can be a great tool for business marketing and advertising. So it is very important that it is managed in a right way.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    freeadd wrote: »
    Bidding is not an easy thing to do, one needs certain amount of knowledge for bidding. It is very important that bid management is done with responsibility. Bidding, if used properly it can be a great tool for business marketing and advertising. So it is very important that it is managed in a right way.

Nice Necro there....b:bye
  • Gavroche - Lost City
    Gavroche - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just a simple suggestion to go look at Lost City TW map because Redhawk and Redhawk are the same factions and going to war. I bid for my faction on Wellspring Only to NOT be notified at all of anyone Overbidding at the last bloody second. TO SEE THE SAME FREAKING FACTION GOING FOR TW SO THEY CAN BREAK THE RULES and my faction can't have an honest TW. Thanks, for not watching the systems. And with what you said two factions working together to maintain land, is against the rules. Check it out.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    necro'ing a thread is against the rules. Check it out.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    necro'ing a thread is against the rules. Check it out.

But if he made a new thread, he'd be told to post in this one after his gets locked.

See the catch 22?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    But if he made a new thread, he'd be told to post in this one after his gets locked.

See the catch 22?

No, he wouldn't. People re-post old topics all the time, it's only things like "QQ 5aps" or "new server pl0x?" that get locked because they're so darned common
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If this thread were stickied, or linked from a stickied thread, then it would not require necromancy. Given that it's pretty important information and the search function is rather ineffective, they should just sticky it.
  • Kalleigh - Harshlands
    Kalleigh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It seems to me that at the end of the bidding period, this time gets extended at least once or twice by an additional 20 minutes. Thiswould indicate a "Bidding War" is taking place. However it is my understanding that you get one opportunity to place a "Blind Bid" on one territory. Meaning that when you go to place your bid on a specific land you do not know what the "winning bid" is at that time, nor do you get the opportunity to out bid the winning bid at any time. So how then can there be a bidding war at the end of the allotted bidding time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    bump just for old memory sakes XD oh the drama over this brings up some lulz worthy moments
This discussion has been closed.