Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Comments

• GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »

Update
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them. If you think your faction has a legitimate chance to win the TW, then by all means go for it.

We judge all TW wars on a case by case basis. Not just a concrete "If faction X has Y players, and they are attacking faction Z." Obviously a faction with less than 20 or so members with a low level average of say 30 is not going to win versus a big guild. But now what if that faction only has 20 members strong, but they're all level 60+ and are attacking a faction that has to defend a lot of territories. Maybe they think they can sneak in a win in against a weakly defended territory? We look at the data on our end and make the judgment call. This is where it becomes difficult for us to give hard numbers. The intention to win the war must always be there. It all comes to not having a built in system within the game to stop and discourage TW wars but rather monitored on the human side. As far as I know, we are the only version that polices these types of fake bids and we pride ourselves for not turning a blind eye to it.

some people that have been banned said less than what kanto says here
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    bump cuz this somehow got to 3rd page through all this mass chaos i have yet to read b:shocked

I knew there was a thread I missed off my bump list. Thank you. *subscribes topic*
  • felweniel
    felweniel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:question So is having a stickied and locked topic for the threads you unstickied not an option? Or should we just plan for the whole "bury this and act like it never happened" thing?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    felweniel wrote: »
    b:question So is having a stickied and locked topic for the threads you unstickied not an option? Or should we just plan for the whole "bury this and act like it never happened" thing?

just plan on our concerns being buried and ignored. really, when have they actually done anything different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • felweniel
    felweniel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    just plan on our concerns being buried and ignored. really, when have they actually done anything different?

It's just sad to see it like this since even just alittle communication about what was actually being "accomplised" with the "talks" that they had with the dev's concerning these issues would have gone a long way toward building up those player relations b:sad
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Frankie knows very well what my PM said to him.

And knows very well it's not going away. I promised him as much.

GMs should be able to answer for their insults as much as the player base. Players have been banned for less then the insult Kanto came out with.

Dear GMs,
    If I told you that every time you asked us to be patient with you, you were intending to be douchebags and abuse your power so as to never tell us anything, what would you do?

You would ban me for insulting you, that's what you would do.

Now let's hear an official apology from you guys for the insult towards us. If you want us to play fair and respect you, give us reasons to, FFS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mango - Archosaur
    _Mango - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Can someone clarify this? So a faction that 100% takes over the TW map is not allowed to release the lands or disband? Is it also a bannable offense that Nefarious has been no-showing us for the past 5-6 months too?

I would like some clarification on this as well. The situation is on the Archosaur server is simple, I am running Narla currently and intend to take the map and disband Narla completely. Problem is based on these new rules am I not free to leave Narla now? Am I tied to Narla forever now that I have become the Leader? If I leave I will be banned / punished for it?
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would like some clarification on this as well. The situation is on the Archosaur server is simple, I am running Narla currently and intend to take the map and disband Narla completely. Problem is based on these new rules am I not free to leave Narla now? Am I tied to Narla forever now that I have become the Leader? If I leave I will be banned / punished for it?

Well... based on current rules, if they ban you for 1 week for each territory you fake warred... As soon as your faction disbands, you'll probably be banned for more than half a year. LOL

But... you'll probably only be banned for a week...
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

GMs should be able to answer for their insults as much as the player base. Players have been banned for less then the insult Kanto came out with.

Dear GMs,
    If I told you that every time you asked us to be patient with you, you were intending to be douchebags and abuse your power so as to never tell us anything, what would you do?

Now let's hear an official apology from you guys for the insult towards us. If you want us to play fair and respect you, give us reasons to, FFS.

Pretty much this
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Dear GMs,

just because this needs to be said... for a third time.
    Here we go again....
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    There are many times when it took weeks to months to get a ticket answered. And many times, sometimes the answers are instant. They seem to be instant when you complain about a bug stealing 2mil money to which gms are saying, yup its a bug. sorry we cant refund your money, you should have avoided the bug that we found out about through you. if its about someone breaking rules... good luck about it. really depends on what you submit ticket for
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *hip bumps thread* <33
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    bumping to keep this thread up where it should beb:victory

BTW Nefarious no showed 3 factions

4 factions had no chance to win.

The rules state that is against the rules so therefore they should be banned for a week
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010

The rules state that is against the rules so therefore they should be banned for a week

on most servers it seems like 1 faction had dominated all/most of the map. atleast on my server the factions that dont have land and bid on zulu should be banned cause there was no chance they would win.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Posting here to bump this.

And because I need to post somewhere.

P.S. ntkn is ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hmmm valid discussion threads being closed...

But this embarrassing excuse of a 'discussion' has really long been over, yet it's not closed.

"OMG this thread was started by a GM, I can't close that *trembles in fear*

Favoritism or lack of moderating skills?

I don't think you need to be Magnum PI to figure that out.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    What a lovely time for a little

bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Any bans related to TW so far?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Any bans related to TW so far?

Aside from the one that started all of this, I don't believe so.

They've been too busy buying and breaking multiple ban hammers on the forum. If PWE charged as much for their ban hammers as they did for their perfect iron ones, they'd be rolling in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    BUMP lol
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh! A territorial war on the forum!

*fighting to keep this thread visible!!!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • GandalfGREY - Sanctuary
    GandalfGREY - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Bump Bump Bump
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

oh noes a low level thinking the dominating faction should get banned for wanting to tw. what will we do. i guess we should ban the strongest faction cause a lvl 3x says so.

btw. being sarcastic if u cant tell.
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What happens if the territory already bid on us and messed everything up?
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    What happens if the territory already bid on us and messed everything up?

the TERRITORY bid on u guys? wow. pwi devs have discovered how to create an actual ai somehow and gave it the body of a digital piece of land.

but seriously, what do u mean? someoen bid on u guys and the schedule got messed up or?
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Seems to me the only thing they have left to do is remove TW from the game. May as well since only a faction that has a 100% chance to win can even bid with out getting the ban hammer. With all the other "chance" items in the cashshop why remove the element of luck an chance from TW? Kind of makes it no point to even do them now.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Bump for the lovely, ignored, neglected, destickied thread. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Bump for the lovely, ignored, neglected, destickied thread. <3

Bump as well.

My PM failed QQ.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    oh noes a low level thinking the dominating faction should get banned for wanting to tw. what will we do. i guess we should ban the strongest faction cause a lvl 3x says so.

btw. being sarcastic if u cant tell.

Actually I am one of the people in everyone's sig tyvmb:bye

Try harder

This bump is for Airyll
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Actually I am one of the people in everyone's sig tyvmb:bye

Try harder

This bump is for Airyll

oh HAIL GREAT MARTYR? b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.