Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Options

Comments

• Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    GM's proved it themselves, that's all they need.

I dunno who u are hiding on ur low lvl alt, but the fact of the matter is there are ppl saying she had *proof* and she herself said so in the other thread.

I would like to know this *proof*

So back off me kaythx b:cute
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I would like to know this *proof*

No.

/10char
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You Can't Handle The Proof! >:c
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lmao anyways I am done in here b:kiss

I am glad I left EQ when I did. I can thank one backstabbing friend for my decision to NEVER go back there and she knows who she is b:bye

Night b:victory
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lmao anyways I am done in here b:kiss

I am glad I left EQ when I did. I can thank one backstabbing friend for my decision to NEVER go back there and she knows who she is b:bye

Night b:victory

Smells like traitorous QQ butthurting to me. Sounds like you didn't deserve to be EQ in the first place. b:bye
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol... why don't you just ban every single guildleader on HT except rad and enrage's?

Clearly those small guilds have no legitimate chance to win, and haven't for the past year or 2 that they've been bidding.

Well I think it's all down to the unclear wording.

Rad, Te, Dominus, Drakon under the right circumstances do have a legitimate chance of winning or giving the dominante faction a hell of a fight, but the same cannot be said for Factions that send <30 lvl 80's.

Those trying to get Aubree banned .. Hmmm i didnt see anywhere in the OP post about these rule being enforced retrospectively. If they did they would pretty much have to ban every guild leader that has ever TW'ed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venoblaster - Dreamweaver
    Venoblaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think these parts need clarification. All factions have to start somewhere. If a single dominant faction owns the entire server who is allowed to bid against them? If a small faction puts a genuine effort knowing they have no chance to win that should be allowed.

If a lvl 1 faction with 5 level 30s bids for the luls it should not. Still the parts I highlighted need to be reworded.

The GMs have already given an example. If you send about 50 members to TW, at average level of about 90, and you bring down the opposing side's cyrstal down to 50%, but you lose, that is considered a fake bid and your leader will get banned.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Any faction with a decent amount of 8x-9x members has a chance against any power faction with alot of 10x CSers, if they hit them at the right time (IE) alot of members went inactive for a while. But they will never hit them at that right time if they stop trying.

And with prior changes, ALOT of people in use to be power factions, don't log in as much to TW...

GMs really need to apply some logic to this before just spouting out rules.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You aren't allowed to TW if your chance of winning is 0%, that has ALWAYS been the case.

Does that take out 95% of the server? Yes, and you know why?

Because TW always has been, and always will be, for the "elite" of the server. The highest levels, the ones with the best gear, those are the people that get to TW.

TW isn't for everyone.

Don't attack if you absolutely cannot win, honestly what is the big deal with that? Are you really going to miss spending money to get farmed for kills?

My only question is if you are new to the TW scene what good does gear checking every player in the faction you're bidding on tell you about your chances to win? IJS there are ALOT of 10x's that dont now jack squat about how to play their classes and are literally running around like kids with shotguns. They all this "power" and "potential" yet they have no clue how to us it. Ive seen 10x's go down like sacks of potatos against lvl 8x's-9x's that know how to play. (however Enrage/Tao[when it was around], Rad and Ceaser had people in there who were skilled, but as I was new to the server nearly a year ago I obviously didnt know)

When I used to be on HT and when Rad still had their 4-5 lands over at Misfortune, the faction I was in bid on Enrage and we got steam rolled in about 10 minutes. We had an IDEA about it but alot of people went in believing we could stand a chance. So Im curious as to how that is "fake bidding" if someone is under the impression that "we can win with this 5-6 way gank going on at the ame time". On Arch server, I'm in a whole new field-I'm IN one of those "top factions" and these new rules make me wonder, considering we have a bunch of smaller factions now on the map that have recently attacked Fatalis and acquired land. So if they continue to try and expand and fail because their average is low, is it their faults they took land from a faction that died? They are fighting amongst factions with that same low average if you will, so again I wonder how it will all be interpreted (because obviously they wouldn't have gotten on there in the first place if Fatalis WAS still at full force, so really, they're all just "fake bids" b:surrender )

As for "training TWs'" there's been a recent blow up over PHOENIX and I have yet to see what goes down with that. WC blew up with at least a dollar wasted on the whole drama during a Narla vs Elusive TW - could they have at least waited after we were done so I could read it all? XD

And something that needs clarification-is agreeing before bidding on where to bid so as not to cross bid over each other circumventing competition? I.e. okay you bed on say Kings Feast and I'll go bid on Sactuary and you guys go bid on Dragon Wilderness and so that way we don't bid over each other. It does mean the leaders are not acting as separate entities and whatnot, but if it's discussed outside of PW (say, on Vent) there's no way for GMs to track it with no solid proof. Some clarification would be great on that b:cute
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My only question is if you are new to the TW scene what good does gear checking every player in the faction you're bidding on tell you about your chances to win? IJS there are ALOT of 10x's that dont now jack squat about how to play their classes and are literally running around like kids with shotguns. They all this "power" and "potential" yet they have no clue how to us it. Ive seen 10x's go down like sacks of potatos against lvl 8x's-9x's that know how to play. (however Enrage/Tao[when it was around], Rad and Ceaser had people in there who were skilled, but as I was new to the server nearly a year ago I obviously didnt know)

There are a few 9x and 10x that don't know how to play their class but for the most part most people know how to play their class.

If you're going up against an experienced TW faction, then it's safe to say that the majority of their members will know how to play their class. I'm in one of the top factions on my server, do we have high levels with no skill? Absolutely. But almost all of us are reasonably skilled with our class, and it's safe to say that a smaller faction with lower levels and worse gear attacking us will have about the same % of members that don't know how to play. Everyone loves to assume that they are incredibly skilled and that everyone in those top factions have no skill because of one or two people, but for the most part, top TW factions don't accept members who are unable to play their class.

When I used to be on HT and when Rad still had their 4-5 lands over at Misfortune, the faction I was in bid on Enrage and we got steam rolled in about 10 minutes. We had an IDEA about it but alot of people went in believing we could stand a chance. So Im curious as to how that is "fake bidding" if someone is under the impression that "we can win with this 5-6 way gank going on at the ame time". On Arch server, I'm in a whole new field-I'm IN one of those "top factions" and these new rules make me wonder, considering we have a bunch of smaller factions now on the map that have recently attacked Fatalis and acquired land. So if they continue to try and expand and fail because their average is low, is it their faults they took land from a faction that died? They are fighting amongst factions with that same low average if you will, so again I wonder how it will all be interpreted (because obviously they wouldn't have gotten on there in the first place if Fatalis WAS still at full force, so really, they're all just "fake bids" )

It depends I think. If it's a faction with 100+ members averaging lower 80s and they decide to attack the top faction on their server, then in my opinion (of course I'm not a GM) it won't be a fake bid if they attack once and get rolled in 5 minutes. Although if it was to be repeated weekly to the same result then it could be a fake bid. I think a good rule of thumb before bidding on someone would be "why do they have this land, who did they beat for it, who has tried to take it and failed?" Of course I've seen the absurd version of this as well. A faction with 2 dozen members and the highest at level 64 decided to attack one of the top factions on our server. This in my opinion would be a fake bid as they didn't stand the slightest chance in hell at gaining land.

Every level 40 out there wants to rush off, make his own faction, and bid on the top land holder on his server with his army level 40 level 3x, and especially with multiple attacks it's difficult to determine what can and cannot be able to defeat a faction.

So if they continue to try and expand and fail because their average is low, is it their faults they took land from a faction that died? They are fighting amongst factions with that same low average if you will, so again I wonder how it will all be interpreted (because obviously they wouldn't have gotten on there in the first place if Fatalis WAS still at full force, so really, they're all just "fake bids

Now I'm not aware of the TW map on archosaur, but it sounds like larger land holding faction fell apart, became weaker and lost land. The factions that took this land, it doesn't change whether or not they should bid. If they stand a chance, even a small one, to win, then the bid is most likely legit. But if they absolutely cannot win, then they should not bid. If you want to bid then first of all you should know your target. And be reasonable, don't underestimate your target. If they completely blow your faction out of the water in terms of levels and numbers, then don't attack.
    And something that needs clarification-is agreeing before bidding on where to bid so as not to cross bid over each other circumventing competition? I.e. okay you bed on say Kings Feast and I'll go bid on Sactuary and you guys go bid on Dragon Wilderness and so that way we don't bid over each other. It does mean the leaders are not acting as separate entities and whatnot, but if it's discussed outside of PW (say, on Vent) there's no way for GMs to track it with no solid proof. Some clarification would be great on that

That rule was pretty vague, honestly working together with other factions will continue, and unless if they make it painfully obvious, i.e all bidding within 2 minutes of each other, it will probably go unnoticed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yo Rawrgh, Im happy for you, and imma let yall finish, but I just wanna say Rhyme had the best wall of text of all time, of all time!
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10300832&postcount=245
  • ShootJooh - Harshlands
    ShootJooh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yo Rawrgh, Im happy for you, and imma let yall finish, but I just wanna say Rhyme had the best wall of text of all time, of all time!
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10300832&postcount=245

You sir, have just made my day. Congratulations.

b:chuckle
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cool. Wish we would have had this about a year and a half ago, instead of the "let's make up rules as we go" system.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *wonders if people will ever realize that these r the same rules as they have been for 2 years*

Also fake bids r common sense if u r attacking the best faction on the map and u get slotted with the number 2 guild attacking them and u still get rolled in 5 mins u dont belong in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holla this went pearshaped while I was away.

First of all you need to realise that these rules have always been here. Kanto had to dig around a bit last night to find them but they are the exact same rules as were in effect when PWE first started out. Nothing has changed there.

Secondly stop flaming each other. I opened this thread against what Kanto told me to do and I can just as easily close it again if this goes too far.

For those who still don't get it:

These are the same rules as was in effect as of the first day of OB 2 years ago!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hello all,

Hello Kantorek b:bye

Small factions

Factions with too few members should not bid.

Factions with a low level average should not bid.

^THIS is straight BS. If your gonna say who can and can't BID then state level requiremnts.

Factions that cannot abide by these rules or that of fair play should not bid as anything that constitutes fake bidding will have sever repercussions. Any user caught withholding information about possible Territory War violations will be punished along with the perpetrators. All bids will be thoroughly screened and researched by the GMs. Any behavior determined to be suspicious will require additional research were temporary bans maybe issued. Upon confirmation of the crime the faction leaders as well as the members involved will be banned at the discretion of the GM.

WERE or WHERE ???
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All factions must have independent leadership

Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited.

No faction may lose on purpose or decide the victor through non in game mechanics.

Factions that cannot abide by these rules or that of fair play should not bid as anything that constitutes fake bidding will have sever repercussions. Any user caught withholding information about possible Territory War violations will be punished along with the perpetrators. All bids will be thoroughly screened and researched by the GMs. Any behavior determined to be suspicious will require additional research were temporary bans maybe issued. Upon confirmation of the crime the faction leaders as well as the members involved will be banned at the discretion of the GM.

Can someone clarify this? So a faction that 100% takes over the TW map is not allowed to release the lands or disband? Is it also a bannable offense that Nefarious has been no-showing us for the past 5-6 months too?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Can someone clarify this? So a faction that 100% takes over the TW map is not allowed to release the lands or disband?

Actually very curious about this question as well.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

These are the same rules as was in effect as of the first day of OB 2 years ago!

People realise that. Here's the issue.

1) They're phrased badly and too vague in some areas. Define "legitimate chance of winning" for example. Does that mean that a faction of, say, 60 to 80 level 8x and above can't try and TW against 60 or more level 10x or above because they don't have a "legitimate" chance in the eyes of the GMs?

(And whatever happened to just TWing for fun? Not every faction that isn't chock-full of level 10x is fake bidding.)

2) Some of the maps are in such a state that these rules actually prohibit people taking the map back. Dreamweaver for instance last I checked has two territories not belonging to Calamity. That's it. Two.

What happens when Cala takes the whole map? Does this mean they can no longer give a territory or three up? Can no longer disband? These rules negatively impact a map already owned by nearly one faction.

These rules would have been swallowed far better if you had wiped the slate completely clean and reset the maps. That way the 7x/8x factions can go against the 7x/8x factions until such a time as the big guns come back over and steamroll them and it means one faction isn't left sitting on an entire map unable to free up any of their territories.

The rules aren't new. But the state of TW is most definitely "new" in the sense of how much of the map has been taken and how many players can actively stand against the top dog of their server. And as such, these rules are more negative then positive for this reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Can someone clarify this? So a faction that 100% takes over the TW map is not allowed to release the lands or disband? Is it also a bannable offense that Nefarious has been no-showing us for the past 5-6 months too?

Sorry Heaven's Tear. Enrage was planning on giving all the land back. But due to the new rules saying we can not intentionally give land up, we're forced to keep all the land!. b:surrender

(note: I have no idea on my leaders intentions with land, this was merely a somewhat facetious statement on the new rules and the now impossibility on that even being an option. The above thoughts should not be taken as me speaking for my guild)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I can see someone getting banned for that. b:chuckle

And yes, if Kanto was being serious about it, something will surely happen.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Don't yell at us. These rules are vague, poorly worded, and need clarification on several points. Here is what I want to see addressed.

1) What does it mean for a faction to be too small or low level to stand a legitimate chance of winning?

2) What kind of alliance collaboration circumvents fair play?

3) In what cases is intentionally losing not allowed. Giving up 1 land to save 2 can be a necessary strategic move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The reason I believe a lot of people are upset, still, is the fact that someone got banned over a rule that a few select people are saying he committed, while a majority of us seem to think there was no basis to... even though obviously the gms found something that game them enough reason to ban said person.

Now a lot of people are really questioning that, I can't help but wonder if Inversion decided to not even bother with keeping their crystal alive, it does seem to be a popular trend with smaller factions. (after all kill their crystal, before they can kill mine, is the general idea of a territory war, argo if we can do that we will win, and the tw wont be near as long, which in some cases is really bad for some factions) Then when/if the gm's looked at the logs they only looked at Inversion's crystal, and decided it must have been a fake bid. D:

Now if you have more proof then Inversion just going down just as quickly as any other guild before them, then please forgive me for having my doubts. =X They WILL remain until, I don't even remember him getting banned... IF he comes back.

That aside... these rules do still need a bit of clarification, obviously, because there are indeed numerous complaints about a few of them in particular. Namely the one about smaller factions, that don't have a 'chance' to win. Sure some people are interpreting differently, but that is just a few, when a majority of people are questioning them, then obviously something needs to be reworded somewhere.

EDIT: One more thing, if ganking is allowed, then I don't see why breaking up a gank shouldn't be any different, unless of course they TRULY didn't even try to hurt their opponents crystal.

I mean for example if lets say one country wants to take over someone else's land, and they know they will get heavy resistance from not only the person's land they are trying to seize but their allies as well, that country attacking has allies as well, so why not send them in to help protect/take some of the heat off of them. Then eventually if time allows it save them from being wiped out or whatever. It can even work being attacked, you know you have lands to defend, but can't be everywhere at once, so you get allies to help you defend as long as possible. (however from what I hear inversion didn't just sit back and wait until others were finished or whatever, I do hear they gave their all to destroy cala's crystal)

It really can go both ways, it isn't illogical to have an ally on your side when attacking others/being attacked.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What I dont get is how can a faction with 176 members with an average lvl over 85 (yes I did the math last night) who goes into a tw with 40 members be considered fake bidding?

I can understand if the average level is like 60 even 70 ... but 85? Yes we do have some lower levels... sorry we are not the perfect TW faction.

Fact of the matter is we need clarification!

Rules state:

Which did we break?
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What I dont get is how can a faction with 176 members with an average lvl over 85 (yes I did the math last night) who goes into a tw with 40 members be considered fake bidding?

I can understand if the average level is like 60 even 70 ... but 85? Yes we do have some lower levels... sorry we are not the perfect TW faction.

Fact of the matter is we need clarification!

Rules state:

Which did we break?

Because the GMs suck. They can put an Oreck to shame.
  • IeIouch - Harshlands
    IeIouch - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wow GMS y'all sure can f*ck up a good system. First it was taking away salary so "smaller guilds can do tws" but we all know it was so we would spend more in buying charms and making yalls pockets fatter. Now u say if a small guild bids and isn't. Strong enough to make it a good tw they will be banned. Lol GMS u fail at life take it back to the old system u f*cktards
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wow GMS y'all sure can f*ck up a good system. First it was taking away salary so "smaller guilds can do tws" but we all know it was so we would spend more in buying charms and making yalls pockets fatter. Now u say if a small guild bids and isn't. Strong enough to make it a good tw they will be banned. Lol GMS u fail at life take it back to the old system u f*cktards

Pray tell, how do you pronounce your name sir? Too many vowels for me to handle.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holla this went pearshaped while I was away.

First of all you need to realise that these rules have always been here. Kanto had to dig around a bit last night to find them but they are the exact same rules as were in effect when PWE first started out. Nothing has changed there.

If those rules... oh damn...See what you did? Yelling doesn't get the message through.

<restarts>

If those rules were in effect the first day of the OB 2 years ago, then tell me why none of the small factions who TW'ed just for fun or experience up until now NEVER received a ban?
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Don't yell at us. These rules are vague, poorly worded, and need clarification on several points. Here is what I want to see addressed.

1) What does it mean for a faction to be too small or low level to stand a legitimate chance of winning?

2) What kind of alliance collaboration circumvents fair play?

3) In what cases is intentionally losing not allowed. Giving up 1 land to save 2 can be a necessary strategic move.

She'll use the excuse of how English isn't her first language. Confusing and vague things are her specialty.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If those rules... oh damn...See what you did? Yelling doesn't get the message through.

<restarts>

If those rules were in effect the first day of the OB 2 years ago, then tell me why none of the small factions who TW'ed just for fun or experience up until now NEVER received a ban?

Because they never actively enforced the rules before.

However, with the new TW changes just gone, they've made it even easier to fake bid then it had been previously, and as such they want to try and appeal to the community by attempting (and I use the word with caution) to enforce the rules to make it look like they care.

That's one theory anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.