Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Comments

• Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    wheres the rule saying "anyone who's spent over $300 can't enter TW"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    First off, thank you for opening this post so we can all discuss it, and MAYBE get our noggins to wrap our heads around these.... clarifications.

Some of the rules, seem like they should be; however, as I am sure it has been pointed out before, I really don't see how some of these rules can TRULY be enforced, especially when it comes to the words of some of us players, and not an actual investigation into the claim. D:

As others have most likely pointed out, sometimes getting rolled is the only way to learn, no matter how much it may hurt the morale of some people.

Edit: Whatever happened to "all's fair in love and war?" xD lol

Though as pointed out some of this stuff has already been in the game for a while, and has been enforced before. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bid timing never had anything to do with if they happened to get gank time slots. Under the old system the layout of the time slots was very predictable (generally in rows across then down to the next line of territories, sort of like a typewritter, across, down a line, across, down a line). At least within all territories that a singular faction owned. Then the same pattern for another land owning faction, and etc. People were exploiting this knowledge to get gank timing. Thats why under the newer changes to TW, the layouts are completely randomized, and that predictable pattern can no longer be exploited.

Also if the top 3 factions spoke about collaborating to try to pull off a gank within the same time slot, thats always been bannable, and has been banned for at least once on Heavens Tear. By PWEs definition, all factions are supposed to be independant entities in TW.

b:laugh thats not from another closed thread, thats from the opening post of this thread.

No time slots are not random at all. It is very predictable. I know because I follow it carefully, and other people can figure out easy too. You want to know how it goes? pm me and I will tell you. It is now set up for the best gank possible. The game sets itself up that way. A deterrent for factions owning too much of the map.
  • tori2
    tori2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No time slots are not random at all. It is very predictable. I know because I follow it carefully, and other people can figure out easy too. You want to know how it goes? pm me and I will tell you. It is now set up for the best gank possible. A deterrent for factions owning too much of the map.

This helps Aubree violate the rules. I especially like the bold highlighted section.

The only way to hold a "gank" is to violate the rules and collaborate beforehand with other faction leaders. At least you can admit to your dirty underhanded tactics here.

Kantorek wrote: »

Bidding

Any willing and capable faction can bid on any opposing territory provided they have no affiliations with the current owners. The bids can only be made if the faction has a real intention of attacking and trying to win the territory. All bids must have a legitimate chance to win. This includes factions that are but is not limited to the following:

Training Wars

Practice or Training Wars are not allowed by the branch faction if the Territory is owned by an affiliated faction.

All factions must have independent leadership

Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited.

No faction may lose on purpose or decide the victor through non in game mechanics.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    tori2 wrote: »
    This helps Aubree violate the rules. I especially like the bold highlighted section.

The only way to hold a "gank" is to violate the rules and collaborate beforehand with other faction leaders. At least you can admit to your dirty underhanded tactics here.

I'm still waiting for reply back from personal pm from frankie. If it is illegal I will accept the punishment and not do it again.
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    I'm still waiting for reply back from personal pm from frankie. If it is illegal I will accept the punishment and not do it again.

Punishment from which week? This has been ongoing for months. Certainly from the time you took lead. It was going on long before that and taught to you by the previous leadership. It's gone on for months and months. It's clearly a violation of the rules. So is it going to be a slap on the wrist for you? Or a serious consequence for all of Equinox that has been participating in this knowingly for many months?
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wasnt it true that u needed to own 2 lvl 2 lands before u attacked a lvl 1 land? and not the fact that i need to have 3 lands touching the lvl 1 land ?
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wow...really? so say Dominus, TE AND Rad now can't bid on Enrage because they have no chance?

That rule is complete and utter bull****.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You're ****ing stupid.

End of story.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Punishment from which week? This has been ongoing for months. Certainly from the time you took lead. It was going on long before that and taught to you by the previous leadership. It's gone on for months and months. It's clearly a violation of the rules. So is it going to be a slap on the wrist for you? Or a serious consequence for all of Equinox that has been participating in this knowingly for many months?

Ok I say again, whatever the punishment is, I will accept.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    60 lvl 70s is just as bad as 12 lvl 10s. Its like a swarm of mosquitoes at best to the dominant factions which are 200 lvl 95+. A group of 60 lvl 70s will not get experience anyhow, they get run over by the mac truck that is 80 lvl 95+s steam rolling you & get trapped at the spawn point for under 10 minutes. Its instant death, and that teaches you nothing at all.

The rules make sense, (hesitant to agree with PWE, after the debacle that is the last TW changes & TT changes they've done recently, i'm certainly not an avid PWE supporter on their rule sets). The fact is you should at least be able to get off the spawn and fight back a bit to not be considered an utter waste of time & resources. And for that, you should be able to field a minimum of 70 people of mid 80s+. Even that might be low.

Just walking into a TW does not give you experience.
    I agree with this.

I frequently see people saying that they like to TW even when they get rolled in 5 minutes. They say that it's for "fun" what fun do you get out of being farmed for kills?

They say that it's to "learn the instance" All that happens is they get well acquainted with the spawn area and their own base, you can learn more from watching youtube videos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No time slots are not random at all. It is very predictable. I know because I follow it carefully, and other people can figure out easy too. You want to know how it goes? pm me and I will tell you. It is now set up for the best gank possible. The game sets itself up that way. A deterrent for factions owning too much of the map.

They used to be predictable as i described. But since the TW changes they've been all over the map for the time slotting. Someone in the far north east & someone else from the far south west may share the same gank time slot under the new system, even with 20 someodd bidders in between. Under the old rules that would never have happened since it went in row,row,row sequence.

Also i dont think they ever fixed the ability to PM someone who isnt a friend via the forums.
    edited September 2010
    Didnt bother reading this thread, i read the one on HT forums.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    Ok I say again, whatever the punishment is, I will accept.

At least you are ready for that. Though everything is being submitted via ticket as well. Sendin a pm to freankie in hopes to preemptively lessen the punishment ... reminds me of children running to tell on themselves quickly before another does so they don't get punished so badly.

"Daddy I accidentally broke the rules of the game, please don't spank me." -bats eyes-

Meanwhile friends are coming behind with the entire truth for daddy to hear. b:thanks
    edited September 2010
    At least you are ready for that. Though everything is being submitted via ticket as well. Sendin a pm to freankie in hopes to preemptively lessen the punishment ... reminds me of children running to tell on themselves quickly before another does so they don't get punished so badly.

"Daddy I accidentally broke the rules of the game, please don't spank me." -bats eyes-

Meanwhile friends are coming behind with the entire truth for daddy to hear. b:thanks

Wow, you must have some massive mental issues if this is such a big deal to you.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well, as I've stated elsewhere...Kanto shot himself, and the whole of PWI, in the foot for this one.

Who do I send a ticket to, to ban these GMs? >.>
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I agree with this.

I frequently see people saying that they like to TW even when they get rolled in 5 minutes. They say that it's for "fun" what fun do you get out of being farmed for kills?

They say that it's to "learn the instance" All that happens is they get well acquainted with the spawn area and their own base, you can learn more from watching youtube videos.

While I understand what you're saying, but understand where I'm coming from.

It's one thing to be told " You need x number of x levels to be able to possibly win TW, otherwise you'll lose"

to

"You need x number of x levels to be able to TW legally, if you choose to do so anyway you will be banned"

I'm not saying that every faction should TW, but I'm saying it's their right to if they choose to invest the coin/time into doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Well, as I've stated elsewhere...Kanto shot himself, and the whole of PWI, in the foot for this one.

The gods of PWI
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The gods of PWI

The devs? Pfft, they're worse than the GMs, they actually make the changes unlike the poor GMs who just enforce them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Roflmao... NAUGHTY.... you aren't suppose to make us laugh... we might get banned. D:

Ok all kidding aside...

As I said earlier Some of these rules seem to be enforced by the mere words of others, which in times like these it just should not be the case, especially when one faction is on the verge of total domination. =x

I know no one likes to feel they are being overran by someone else, but suck it up, and stop reporting others because somehow in your twisted logic... whoever it might be... is breaking the rules, when they are in fact playing by the rules. << xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love how Aubree dug herself into a whole bragging about ganking then goes and runs off to apologize to the GMs for violating rules

WTG!b:byeb:kiss
    edited September 2010
    The devs? Pfft, they're worse than the GMs, they actually make the changes unlike the poor GMs who just enforce them.

Go threaten to blow up the devs houses THEN lets see what happensb:avoidb:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    They used to be predictable as i described. But since the TW changes they've been all over the map for the time slotting. Someone in the far north east & someone else from the far south west may share the same gank time slot under the new system, even with 20 someodd bidders in between. Under the old rules that would never have happened since it went in row,row,row sequence.

Also i dont think they ever fixed the ability to PM someone who isnt a friend via the forums.

The time slots are now given out based on the order of bidding. Simple as that.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    new rules suck donkey ......
    2 years too late.

thanks for breaking even more what already is broken.

kudos.

Factions cannot bid just to have some fun... and show the server they are willing to do tw... sometimes this is a selling point when trying to recruit "good" people. these middle ranged guilds have no chance now to grow and have their people "practice" (experience) tw at all... the strong get or stay stronger while the weaker guilds stay that way.
    Here we go again....
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love how Aubree dug herself into a whole bragging about ganking then goes and runs off to apologize to the GMs for violating rules

This x1000000. Still waiting for your answer to me Aubree in the other thread. >.>
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The time slots are now given out based on the order of bidding. Simple as that.

Well thats just rtarded. They removed a predictable (with study and possibly interveneable) method of allocation & replaced it with a completely manipulatable to the point of no intervention possible system? Way to go PWE! (guess the fact that i dont play except for TW didnt let me witness this new pattern).
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    While I understand what you're saying, but understand where I'm coming from.

It's one thing to be told " You need x number of x levels to be able to possibly win TW, otherwise you'll lose"

to

"You need x number of x levels to be able to TW legally, if you choose to do so anyway you will be banned"

I'm not saying that every faction should TW, but I'm saying it's their right to if they choose to invest the coin/time into doing it.
    If you have a zero percent chance of winning a TW, then you should not bid.

That has ALWAYS been the rule, it may be slightly unfair, but it does help cut down on fake bidding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I laid out my finding for the fake bid already. I am not answering to inversion anymore, because it comes down to nothing more than personal attacks. GM have the proof, ask them.
  • Zaria - Dreamweaver
    Zaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010

i love how you are the same old drama queen. grow up and act like the old fodder you are. oh nvm, i guess you are.
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    Well thats just rtarded. They removed a predictable (with study and possibly interveneable) method of allocation & replaced it with a completely manipulatable to the point of no intervention possible system? Way to go PWE! (guess the fact that i dont play except for TW didnt let me witness this new pattern).

I honestly didn't realize it myself until Aubree taught me. She reported our faction leader for a "fake bid" because we put a stop to their collaboration of bids with other factions by bidding before them. Though I've talked with our faction leader whom didn't know the new system yet either. Thanks for the lesson in playing dirty Aubreeb:kiss
This discussion has been closed.