Official Territory War Bidding Rules

Comments

• Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I laid out my finding for the fake bid already. I am not answering to inversion anymore, because it comes down to nothing more than personal attacks. GM have the proof, ask them.

Oh so your not answering to us bc were personally attacking you? What about when Goonz world chatted that he was going to personally hunt down anyone who joined Inversion... Seems maybe u and ur hubby should stop personally attacking inversion :)
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I laid out my finding for the fake bid already. I am not answering to inversion anymore, because it comes down to nothing more than personal attacks. GM have the proof, ask them.

Honestly you've laid out nothing for anyone except the fact you are QQ'ing we broke your intentional pre-planned 3 way gank on Cala. Which is against the rules FYI. b:shutup

Much love for Sazzy <333 Hey Zaria take your bs drama somewhere else, this is TW DRAMA SRSBSNS.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you have a zero percent chance of winning a TW, then you should not bid.

That has ALWAYS been the rule, it may be slightly unfair, but it does help cut down on fake bidding.

That leaves out 95% of an entire server. Especially on our server, since Calamity has well over 80 people lvl 100 or higher.

If you're not one of the top 3 factions, you're not allowed to legally TW? That's about as retrded as anything can be.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ok peeps stick to the topic at hand else we're gonna get the unlocked sticky locked.

That would be Ironic though

@Rawrgh

You say it's unfair,

I say it's a game that too many people take seriously.
    That leaves out 95% of an entire server. Especially on our server, since Calamity has well over 80 people lvl 100 or higher.

If you're not one of the top 3 factions, you're not allowed to legally TW? That's about as retrded as anything can be.

Yeah what he said

P.S. Why the hell would anyone fake bid anymore? It costs more to bid than what you'd get from that territory. You might be saving land, but you're not saving money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tori2
    tori2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010

This doesn't work either. Since two of those top 3 factions need to collaborate together in order to potentially win vs Calamity.
  • Zaria - Dreamweaver
    Zaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh so your not answering to us bc were personally attacking you? What about when Goonz world chatted that he was going to personally hunt down anyone who joined Inversion... Seems maybe u and ur hubby should stop personally attacking inversion :)

lmao how does that relate to personal attacks? that seems to me just an in-game pk'ing hate. i have a good therapist i can recommend to get you back in que.
  • Zaria - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Honestly you've laid out nothing for anyone except the fact you are QQ'ing we broke your intentional pre-planned 3 way gank on Cala. Which is against the rules FYI. b:shutup

Much love for Sazzy <333 Hey Zaria take your bs drama somewhere else, this is TW DRAMA SRSBSNS.

can you QQ anymore? b:shocked
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010

You aren't allowed to TW if your chance of winning is 0%, that has ALWAYS been the case.

Does that take out 95% of the server? Yes, and you know why?

Because TW always has been, and always will be, for the "elite" of the server. The highest levels, the ones with the best gear, those are the people that get to TW.

TW isn't for everyone.

Don't attack if you absolutely cannot win, honestly what is the big deal with that? Are you really going to miss spending money to get farmed for kills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    lmao how does that relate to personal attacks? that seems to me just an in-game pk'ing hate. i have a good therapist i can recommend to get you back in que.

NTY I am just fine thx ... I do know some pplz up north that could use some tho :P
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010

See that is the funny thng, I openly told them that inversion fake bid, has cala alts with the full intention os breaking up my gank I planned. That is what my ticket said out right. That information about my planned gank was at their disposal. I never hid it. I still think it is legal as long as I dont fund any factions to do so, and they are factions who are going to bid anyway.

b:bye
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    can you QQ anymore? b:shocked

I don't know but I sure can try if I don't meet your QQ standards yet.

Either post on your main or **** unless you're some amazing lvl 63 I've never heard of b:bye
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    See that is the funny thng, I openly told them that inversion fake bid, has cala alts with the full intention os breaking up my gank I planned. That is what my ticket said out right. That information about my planned gank was at their disposal. I never hid it. I still think it is legal as long as I dont fund any factions to do so, and they are factions who are going to bid anyway.

NO we planned to bid on Cala all along. And you just keep saying we have Cala alts like we DON'T have alts from other factions. I promise you 99.9% of our players involved in TW were mains in our faction, and I only give the .1% a chance because I'm honestly not 100% sure. But EVERY PERSON I saw sign up/show up for TW was a main and did it with the full intent of taking a land from Cala. Get your facts straight before you **** it up for everyone else please =/
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You aren't allowed to TW if your chance of winning is 0%, that has ALWAYS been the case.

Does that take out 95% of the server? Yes, and you know why?

Because TW always has been, and always will be, for the "elite" of the server. The highest levels, the ones with the best gear, those are the people that get to TW.

TW isn't for everyone.

Don't attack if you absolutely cannot win, honestly what is the big deal with that? Are you really going to miss spending money to get farmed for kills?

Then there should be no TW. Ever.

If an entire server is left out of it, since it is an event, then there's no point in even having the event in the first place.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think these rules are well intentioned but are very poorly worded.

A defender obviously should lose a territory on purpose if they dont have the forces to defend a particular 3-way. The rule is probably meaning that defenders cant give factions land as a 'gift' but a defender can be forced to give up land. The way it is worded now suggests you can't no show TWs.

The small guild 'with no chance of winning' needs to be better defined as lots of small guilds realistically have no chance to win but a guild HAS to start somewhere and its hard to recruit for TW when youve never TW'd. With the current system small guilds have no oppurtunity to TW against eachother and are forced to TW against the strongest land holding guilds.

The bit about alliances collaborating to circumvent the fair play of the system. WTF is that? An alliance by its definition must involve collaboration. What is the 'fair play' of the system? Perhaps they mean one allied guild can't intentionally draw out their TW so as to give the other guilds a higher chance to win?

These rules are obviously subjective. But for some of them the spirit and intention of the rule is not obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Then there should be no TW. Ever.

If an entire server is left out of it, since it is an event, then there's no point in even having the event in the first place.
    You're interpreting it incorrectly

You read it as: If a faction has a disadvantage at all, then it shouldn't bid because it will likely lose.

What it means is: If a faction CANNOT WIN THE WAR AT ALL NO MATTER WHAT, then it shouldn't bid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This thread is full of epic win.

GM openly admitting that latest TW update not only didn't eliminate fake bidding (how it was advertised in patch log) but made it even easier to fake bid. And now he has to threat to players with bans for exploiting system *they* implemented.

b:cute
    Packs World International
  • tori2
    edited September 2010

Cala alts... whom stayed out of faction even 2hrs prior to TW. Funny we still have an EQ alt or two in the faction as well, and Tempest and I'm sure others.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hello all,
    This includes factions that are but is not limited to the following:

Training Wars

Practice or Training Wars are not allowed by the branch faction if the Territory is owned by an affiliated faction.

Small factions

Factions with too few members should not bid.

Factions with a low level average should not bid.

So what you're getting at is you just told every faction that's not experienced in TW to go f*ck themselves. A majority of them are going to tell you to f*ck yourselves back. Exactly how to you intend for other factions to GET the map, if you're basically telling them that they shouldn't even try? If you can't even TRAIN for a Tw, how you do LEARN?

The wiki?! Bull! I work on it! I know what's there! It hasn't been TOUCHED since you 'fixed' TW. I refuse to touch that section myself because I fear for getting an ulcer from removing "coins" and typing in "celestones" as a reward! It makes me SICK!
    The forums? Don't make me laugh.

The 'factions with too few members and a low level average' are eventually going to become the big people, and they will remember how much of a chance you gave them once upon a time. (*COUGH* REMEMBER WHEN CRIMSON WAS NEW?)

Calamity, Zulu, Kylin, those big factions are ALL going to EVENTUALLY fall apart, especially at the rate you continue to spout BS all over us about inflation having to do with big TW factions. Then they will leave, and take their money with them.

And then who will you blame for the inflation? There will be (gasp) little factions fighting for land, and they will get land. Who will you blame for the inflation then, huh? The little factions all scattered around the map? There's too many of them to blame just TW in general! Your argument will then hold NO water, like it held very little water almost two months ago.
    You are working on putting your own foot in your mouth, and we will eventually tell you we told you so.

It almost seems like you're making these rules so the money shovelling big factions you're so concerned about STAY on top of the map. (Because that's what's happening on 5/7 servers.) If those big factions stay on the map, they're happy. If they're happy, they keep playing, which means they shovel more cash into your pockets!

But then again, why should we be so surprised?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    tori2 wrote: »
    Cala alts... whom stayed out of faction even 2hrs prior to TW. Funny we still have an EQ alt or two in the faction as well, and Tempest and I'm sure others.

EQ works pretty hard to keep alts from opposing tw factions out, give me those names and I will fix that right quick.
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    EQ works pretty hard to keep alts from opposing tw factions out, give me those names and I will fix that right quick.

So fiesty :P

We dont rat out good ppl trying to play a game <3

kthxbye
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Just to clarify...
    Alliances

Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.

Alliances cannot fund directly or indirectly another faction to protect one of its own territories or that of their alliance members.

No one funded anyone or anything therefore coordinating the gank was PERFECTLY fine.

The fact someone quoted this and took it out of context made them look stupid.
    Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited.

It clearly was meant to point out the fact that willingly doing any of the above rules in the first post is prohibited. It says alliances are allowed, they are therefore ALLOWED. EQ did nothing wrong at all. Get over it people.

As for Inversion... Look at this...
    Factions that cannot abide by these rules or that of fair play should not bid as anything that constitutes fake bidding will have sever repercussions. Any user caught withholding information about possible Territory War violations will be punished along with the perpetrators. All bids will be thoroughly screened and researched by the GMs. Any behavior determined to be suspicious will require additional research were temporary bans maybe issued. Upon confirmation of the crime the faction leaders as well as the members involved will be banned at the discretion of the GM.

This therefore implies that Aubree HAD to share her knowledge of Inversions fake bidding or else she would have also been punished following these rules. b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    new rules suck donkey ......
    2 years too late.

thanks for breaking even more what already is broken.

That's the truth.

2 years too late... and they couldn't even enforce the rules before, what makes now any different?

NOTE TO GMS: TW has been broken since the update. Most of the people that cared have moved on. Check the online numbers of the largest factions on each server before and after the changes, regardless if they owned large amounts of land or not. Surprise... things have changed.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • tori2
    edited September 2010
    This therefore implies that Aubree HAD to share her knowledge of Inversions fake bidding or else she would have also been punished following these rules. b:bye

So thanks for pointing that out as well. Since Aubree collaborates with Renegades. She knowingly WITHELD information regarding their fake bid against Calamity. b:thanks One more violation for Aubree b:victory Way to go!
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So thanks for pointing that out as well. Since Aubree collaborates with Renegades. She knowingly WITHELD information regarding their fake bid against Calamity. b:thanks One more violation for Aubree b:victory Way to go!

You're making false accusations, show proof, like Aubree had proof and then ill take your claim seriously. b:bye
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Shut the h3ll up and troll someplace else. Nobody wants to hear your drama.
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    You're making false accusations, show proof, like Aubree had proof and then ill take your claim seriously. b:bye

And what proof did Aubree bring to the table?

Still waiting to hear this excellent proof.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010

1- define collaborate
    2-how does statement 1 necessitate statement 2?

she didn't make the bid herself.
    you weren't present for any communication that would have lead to her having knowledge.
    therefore you don't know what she knew, or what she knowingly withheld (which is different than knowing)

^^thats how you formulate a syllogism. You're welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zaria - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    And what proof did Aubree bring to the table?

Still waiting to hear this excellent proof.

GM's proved it themselves, that's all they need.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

Let me put this in plain english. EQ has never had renegades do any bidding for them. That is a false accusation. I have only worked with our allied factions.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    All bids must have a legitimate chance to win.

lol... why don't you just ban every single guildleader on HT except rad and enrage's?

Clearly those small guilds have no legitimate chance to win, and haven't for the past year or 2 that they've been bidding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.