CORE Connect system is now LIVE!

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GG another PWI **** up.

My profile pick for barb is a bm LOL idiots....
    And i have no points even tho i clearly have 2 chars lvl 100.....

It's bugged. Things like this will come with bugs, that will be fixed.
    Before calling people idiots, think clearly please.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have a level 92 cleric...
    I've bought over 100 random dyes...
    I've logged in for over 24 hours while being afk...
    Yet I have 0 points in anything.
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • CyberAlex_RO - Sanctuary
    CyberAlex_RO - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    gg for it i love it just fix it ... b:laugh it b:thanks
    live to play
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:sad Says I have no achievements b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ah, the bugs...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's bugged. Things like this will come with bugs, that will be fixed.
    Before calling people idiots, think clearly please.

I'm usually *really* fair and reasonable with what PWI does in general, however in this circumstance, they clearly made a horrible blunder. Whoever is in charge of the web site and it's development should be embarrassed as hell and should be fired for letting such a horrid update to take place.

You don't update a commercial site until you're reasonably sure whatever changes or modifications you make actually work. Half the time the page doesn't even load with the CSS. The layout is horrible, the interface is confusing, and instead of integrating it with the older Profile which still had issues to fix but was mostly workable is just lame.

Either they need to hire some competent scripters or they need to tell them to stop trying to do more than they are capable of. Making half-assed changes and not being able to immediately clear up any initial issues is laughable at best.

I see nothing wrong with change, it's inevitable. At least check basic functionality and aesthetic form before implementing it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Apparently I'm a cash shop king , got a pvp achievement but I have 0 kills .

/facepalm

I like this new feature but fix it lmao b:angry
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorta embarrassed at some of the achievements. I bought over 500 cash shop items...

Quest ones don't work.

And no, I will never buy 100 random pigments.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This new feature is a cool idea. Yea it has bugs but you know its not affecting gameplay so just look at it as a work in progress. I mean according to the points there I havent completed 5 quests yetb:chuckle. but really, whatever. Its not affecting my gameplay so i'm not gonna worry abt it. Dont really know what some of you are so upset about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    apparently I haven't done anything in the game (or any other pw game) b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Somehow I haven't been in 10 fort sieges in JD when I was in every single fort siege on the server since the server started up until I left for awhile. I've been in a huge number of them but it doesn't say I have 10.

Seems I haven't done any quests on PWI either. Did I really buy 500 items from the cash shop here? Wow.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You guys are lucky, mine doesn't even open right. XD
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm usually *really* fair and reasonable with what PWI does in general, however in this circumstance, they clearly made a horrible blunder. Whoever is in charge of the web site and it's development should be embarrassed as hell and should be fired for letting such a horrid update to take place.

Pretty much agree with this. I actually like this change in principle. I've been playing Starcraft 2 (am I allowed to say that?), and they have a nice achievements interface that adds some fun and challenge to the game. But once again, something was pushed out way before it was ready with inadequate testing.

A beta test should be fairly solid with the intent of working out some of the final kinks, not "We know this doesn't really work, but we're going to put it out there anyway, enjoy." The way PWE uses the term "beta" is like when someone prefaces a comment with, "No offense, but ..."
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My barbarian is still not recognized as such.

For some reason, I can see him in the character list now, only he has the avatar of a BM. When I add him to my character showcase, it lists him as a barb, but still shows a BM's avatar.

My veno still has no avatar.

Again, I do not have the Alt-Aholic achievement which technically I deserve. :P Do I need to add my other alts to the showcase to have this trigger? That can't be right... I have the "Porcelain Cannon" (lv40 wiz) achievement despite not having my wiz in the showcase.

I should also have "A New Day' (10 unique quests), "Quest Complete" (50 unique quests), "Quest Expert" (250 unique quests), and possibly "Quest Master" (1000 unique quests) although it'd be impossible for me to say that for sure.

But the funniest thing is the CS achievements. I'm listed as having bought 5 items from the CS. Okay, fair enough. I'm also listed as buying 50 things from the CS. That's... a bit of a stretch, but I'll allow it (especially if it counts teles, wind widgets etc. as individual purchases when you buy them in packs of 10). But then I get listed as buying 500 things from the CS. Whaaa-? I'm pretty sure I haven't. And you know what the best part is? I "earned" the 500 purchase achievement before the 50 purchase one, which itself was achieved before the 5 purchase one!

Oh, PWE. I can only imagine the inevitable jokes. "Sure, people use the CS! Look at this guy! He bought 500 things from there! Really! This guy did too! And this one! Wow, aren't we popular? You'd better start charging zen now before somebody calls you a loser!" (Disclaimer: I know it's probably just a glitch, I just think it's funny)
    drjiggle wrote:
    A beta test should be fairly solid with the intent of working out some of the final kinks, not "We know this doesn't really work, but we're going to put it out there anyway, enjoy
    +1 to this.

Beta is one thing, but this looks like it was rushed out the door without even being tested by its own devs. I hate to break it to you, PWE, but the point of a beta-tester is to find bugs you guys might have missed, not to find all of them from the original product. That's an alpha-tester's job, at best. It's not our job to do the work for you (and if it was, I'd be expecting a paycheck from PWE shortly ;] ).

Okay, PWE, we get it. You can implement a game-based Facebook clone. Congratulations. Now make it work right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No achievements for people getting 100?

Don't forget about them D:.
  • Woxai - Heavens Tear
    Woxai - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why the QQing..? Really, go and do something else while you wait for them to fix it, don't sit here and complain..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know you love them both
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You guys are lucky, mine doesn't even open right. XD

Using firefox? Mine doesn't open correctly either... sometimes no pictures, other times it's just all text and no formatting.

Don't know if other people have issues with it either because I'm too lazy to read thru every page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Be nice if in the future they add some real achievements. Ones you have to go out of the way for not just earned by playing the basic game.

Killed Gaurnob 1000 times Achievement b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Using firefox? Mine doesn't open correctly either... sometimes no pictures, other times it's just all text and no formatting.

Don't know if other people have issues with it either because I'm too lazy to read thru every page.

No mine wouldn't open correctly in FF either but it works in Chrome. Apparently I've never done anything on any game. b:surrender
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Me too. I find it funny that I'm 100% F2P yet I still have that achievement. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My profile says that I am a human lvl 80 character.

/looks to the left.

Im confused, is that not a picture of a Venomancer?
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My profile says that I am a human lvl 80 character.

/looks to the left.

Im confused, is that not a picture of a Venomancer?

Seen this on a few other people's profiles aswell yeah, guess it's a bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lorenzrmc
    lorenzrmc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ehm since there is NO stikie post on the JD forum (yet)
    il post this here
    i get see al the achievements from ma old perfect world char n all on the achievements page of the core thingy
    but non of ma jd char on wich i play waaay longer and should have waay more achievements
    (lvl 143 atm)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Fail.... I apparently have NO achievements... not even having levelled a veno to 90... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Looks funny but I doubt I start Ether Saga for the sake of getting all points. b:chuckle

There could be a reward for achievements if it's technically implemetable.
  • Aodhnait - Sanctuary
    Aodhnait - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I take it that if you've added your characters to the Showcase section in your profile, the achievements will automatically be updated from those? I am having the issue where there is nothing showing at all in achievements, no game characters either, completely nothing :p
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I seem to have two extra PVP kills than I should... I didn't know other people in my party killing peeps counted towards my own kill count. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I seem to have two extra PVP kills than I should... I didn't know other people in my party killing peeps counted towards my own kill count. b:faint

Hey! I was missing two kills! You stole them D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey! I was missing two kills! You stole them D:

You want them, come and get them. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]