Zulu takeing over how am i not suprized?

Options

Comments

• Erzenzia - Harshlands
    Erzenzia - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol jus like Acrelar said, this turned into a best of each class threadb:laugh In npc gear wizards would suck against most classes simply cuz they have AA. I know alot of wizards as good as Nurfed in skill and a few even better then him, same goes for all this ppl everyone mentioned; In NPC gear like sum1 said, the outcome would come different for so many fights that you wouldnt even think about a best of each class after it cuz there were too many that rolled and got rolled by different players. Because of that, its stupid to talk about best of each class in skills especially cuz the game itself doesnt require alot of skill to play...

Again you miss what i said. My thought was wiz vs wiz not wiz vs barb,bm,psy etc..
    Originally Posted by Tryagain - Harshlands
    I always was a strong believer that this game took no skill. Then came Valhalla, and proved me wrong.
  • Thailer - Harshlands
    Thailer - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Seems you missed my point. My entire list is based on whom i thought would win an npc gear tourny there current gear is irrelevant. And i wouldnt lump Liberty and Nurfed together, i can think of 5-6 wizzies that play better than lib.

You know lib beats nurfed in 1-1s right? not everytime but enough to hold her own.

I like lists.

Barb: Endless/Jlung
    Veno: Desiree/Devil
    Cleric: any that still pvp?
    BM: void > Rome
    Sin: really?
    Psy: im sure dian is a bish to fight.
    Wizard: Lib/Hellzdemon/nurfed/XuLin, hellz being by far the hardest to kill
    Archer: Iamkiller/Banz for now : )

Flame on : )
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You know lib beats nurfed in 1-1s right? not everytime but enough to hold her own.

I like lists.

Barb: Endless/Jlung
    Veno: Desiree/Devil
    Cleric: any that still pvp?
    BM: void > Rome
    Sin: really?
    Psy: im sure dian is a bish to fight.
    Wizard: Lib/Hellzdemon/nurfed/XuLin, hellz being by far the hardest to kill
    Archer: Iamkiller/Banz for now : )

Flame on : )

ewww not banzzok D:

and yea..i kinda forgot about devil, but devil is really good, difficult to kill
  • Thailer - Harshlands
    Thailer - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well in terms of 1-1 his gear does edge him out quite a bit.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well in terms of 1-1 his gear does edge him out quite a bit.

ya ur right

i guess i was looking at skills more than gear, but yea you are sadly correct D:
  • Erzenzia - Harshlands
    Erzenzia - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ya ur right

i guess i was looking at skills more than gear, but yea you are sadly correct D:

Gear means nada in ma tourny. I wonder if i could get pwi to support this lil idear o mine.
    Originally Posted by Tryagain - Harshlands
    I always was a strong believer that this game took no skill. Then came Valhalla, and proved me wrong.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Gear means nada in ma tourny. I wonder if i could get pwi to support this lil idear o mine.

banzzok wouldnt do that tourny...he might jeopardize his kill death ratio...and if theres no sz to run back to forget about it

^hater
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    euh...no
    Barbarian - Endless_life You never saw him... lol
    Venomancer - Desiree
    Archer - Curses (R8 +12 Ofc)
    Cleric - I dont have any...
    Blademaster - Rome +1 (Nirvana +?)
    Wizard - Nurfed? Liberty_? (R8 +12 - 10 ofc)
    Sin - NinjaIchi +1 ( Nirvana +10)
    Psy - I haven't really seen any Psy that stands out from the rest +1

Cashshopers>Everyone b:bye

EDIT: I forgot Wolfo is a nice barb too :P (Nirvana +12)

Barb - Endless and Jlung both get mentions for being the best barb. Endless' gear out classes almost everyone else on the server but having played with him for such a long time I can honsetly say he knows what hes doing. Playing a hybrid fist/axe barb is incredibly hard to do pvp wise just b/c you get caught so often with fists on and are stuck with the inability to switch for skills when needed. Otherwise, they both know how to handle themselves in quite a variety of situations. Prioritizing targets, getting on target, communication, etc. The both work quite well in group situations as well as alone.

Wolfo is an absolute joke. Desipite having +12 recast he really has absolutely no idea what he's doing in either gvg or 1v1 situations. This is another guy that people seem to think is good just b/c of his gear. Dont be fooled, hes a pretty big push over.

Venos - omen has to get my nod and not just b/c of being a friend. He's still wearing 80/90 armor for the most part and is able to actively pk with us every time he logs in. Ive seen him take out rank 8 mages and fist bms with full event gear and walk away. If you want to talk about skill vs. gear hes a good a candidate as you can find to show you the difference.

Archer - Curses gets my vote hands down. Stayne up there as well when he still played as well. Despite having rank 8 Curses actually knows how to play a damn archer. He doesnt have what I call the "rank 8 mentality" which is "omg Im gonna stand here and tank everything and when it doesnt die immediately /facepalm because I dont know what to do."

Cleric - Im leaving this blank for now.

Blademaster - Rome. The guy knows how to do his job in TW (seriously, the guy can disable entire groups at a time) and open field just as equally. Best stun locks on the server, and the only sage (much less axe) Bm that I just dont like to fight. Using J's nirvanna axes makes him seriously dangerous on his own, and not just as an asset to the group as support.

Wizard - Nurfed -and not just because of his gear. I cant actually think of another wizard who knows how to kite like he does. Mages, by nature, are squishy. They're given the skills and tools to kite. Nurfed uses them. XuLin is famous for being hard to catch, but theres a fine line between kiting and running. XuLin gets caught for doing a little too much of the latter sometimes from when Ive fought him.

Sin & Psy are both a little harder to gauge just becuase of their classes. Seriously, they're both broken as hell. Pychics stand out less b/c I still dont think many people have figured out how to play them properly -or have geared them to do so. As such:

Pyshcic - Dian is by far the hardest to kill pyshic ive ever seen. The psychic skill set (voodoo, soul of stunning/silence/soul burn) lends itself to OP gear as they're based off Soulforce. He has the gear to back them up. Every time Ive fought him hes actually known when to switch voodoos and not get caught attacking. The only way ive figured out how to beat him is pop an ironguard and stunlock or use genie to break silence. But that might be a personal failing of my own.

Assassin - Anti_Matter. I know a lot of people have issues with this guy, but hes the only sin I can think of on the server that knows his role in gvg situations. He finds the squishy\high priority targets fast and either harasses them till someone else gets to them or takes them out completely. Hes also one of the few sins on the server that can survive in gvg situations without being a two shot as soon as he comes out of stealth.
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I dont understand why people are mentioning gear in every post......NPC GEAR, NPC GEAR, N ****ING PC GEAR, jesus. Obviously any person with severely better gear than someone else of the same class should win, thats not the idea. This game has turned into such a cash shop = win, abomination that no one can even contemplate pvp with skill being the only difference in players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm bored so here's my best of each class list.

Barbarian - Chronex: Easily the best pvp barb. I've seen him demolish rank 8 wiz in 1v1s.
    Venomancer - Nei: Very good, Omen is a close second.
    Archer - Ajani: lolol that was a jk, I'd say Stayne.
    Cleric - BigDin, Prelude is really good to.
    Blademaster - Rome: He has the best stunlock I've seen.
    Wizard - DragonSlayer
    Sin - NinjaIchi
    Psy - I haven't really seen any Psy that stands out from the rest.

Psy - Longknife <3... gearwise.. urDian. thunderfist or whatever his name is isn't so shabby either.
    Sin - BloodFeast (+12 5aps Nirvana > +10 Lunar Dags) or Dakka. Ichi isn't as good as you all think he is anyways lol Sin is easy class to play, since target can't see you.. -_-
    BM - Rome.. Masakari was pretty good too, but gears need work.
    Cleric - Nieka is the best cleric I've seen skillwise.. other honorable mention.. Dza, BigWallet, Prelude, DoomKaiser
    Archer - Stayne, Curses
    Barb - Endless, Jlung, Wollfo
    Wizzie - Nurfed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Psy - Longknife <3... gearwise.. urDian. thunderfist or whatever his name is isn't so shabby either.
    Sin - BloodFeast (+12 5aps Nirvana > +10 Lunar Dags) or Dakka. Ichi isn't as good as you all think he is anyways lol Sin is easy class to play, since target can't see you.. -_-
    BM - Rome.. Masakari was pretty good too, but gears need work.
    Cleric - Nieka is the best cleric I've seen skillwise.. other honorable mention.. Dza, BigWallet, Prelude, DoomKaiser
    Archer - Stayne, Curses
    Barb - Endless, Jlung, Wollfo
    Wizzie - Nurfed

My list:

I killed ThunderFist on my 7x sin while he was trying to farm lowbies lol. I don't think he merits a mention.

Psy: LongKnife or UrDian, both pro
    Sin: Anti_Matter
    BM: Rome and TriMydriasis are both good axe BMs. Fist BMs, who cares. Occult ice, double click, GG.
    Cleric: Ehhh... I dunno many clerics, tbh.
    Archer: Curses, what_ever
    Barb: Endless, Jlung, Wolfo... the usual suspects.
    Wiz: Nurfed, XuLin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have +12 R8? Lucky Me :D

lots of OP archers, i dunno really. maybe me since i apparently have +12 r8 b:cute

just kidding

o:
    I must catch you one day ^^
    Must be around... +10 +11...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Since everyone is debating for best of each classes Im going to go along with the wave hehe

Archer - Banzzok
    Cleric - Acrelar(support), Idk whos the best in pvp but would be BigDin if he still played
    Barbarian - Endless_Life(pvp), Jlung(cata)
    Venomancer - Desiree
    Wizard - XuLin
    Blademaster - Apologies
    Psychic - UrDian
    Assassin - xjopperx or whatever his name is spelled
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    o:
    I must catch you one day ^^
    Must be around... +10 +11...

Found you, +10 b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options

Found you, Pataka b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options

I fail at hide and seek D: too easy to find
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Found you, Pataka b:sweat

Powaaa

But I'm wearing a TT60 atm o:

Ya, if I can only play at night because I have school ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UberDemon - Harshlands
    UberDemon - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Best barb ever real chronex?
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm the best barb ;D plus I get extra points caz im smexy ;)
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    inbefore best of each class nurfed,iffy,rome...

This is the only real problem I have with this thread
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh and as much as I love erz, she gives me too much credit. My sin is almost straight PVE right now. And I cannot believe Stretch said that sin was an easy class to play. Easy class to fly around in stealth? yes. Easy to play effectively, not so much
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And while I'm at it, ima just go for the triple post
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And while I'm at it, ima just go for the triple post

three's the charm
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh and as much as I love erz, she gives me too much credit. My sin is almost straight PVE right now. And I cannot believe Stretch said that sin was an easy class to play. Easy class to fly around in stealth? yes. Easy to play effectively, not so much

Well easy to play, I never said it was easy to play well. What other class has the luxury of picking easy targets and avoiding others? (i.e Wollfo b:surrender)

Maybe it's harder with fists, but seriously.. all I do is press a few buttons in order with a bit of timing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Payaso - Harshlands
    Payaso - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well easy to play, I never said it was easy to play well. What other class has the luxury of picking easy targets and avoiding others? (i.e Wollfo b:surrender)

Maybe it's harder with fists, but seriously.. all I do is press a few buttons in order with a bit of timing.

I just smash my keyboard in & hope sumthin gud happens
    oh hai stretch<3
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Best of each class skill-wise, past+present, gear-independent:

BM: roMaNe, aka Rome - noob from LC becomes the master of stunlocking. Also one of the few BMs that know how to cancel (too bad he isn't demon so it doesn't benefit him much). Big nod to the old original AsHeZ cause he played a large role in pioneering BM combos/techniques with the introduction of genies. A side props to Aedus for his Ascii-Rage rendition as well as being one of the few to experiment with the fist build well before anni-packs (even though it was for PvE - that carebear!).

MG: XuLin - PK'd with NPC gear til 90, master of kiting as a squishy class - note, kiting to gain distance and retaliate, not running away. Wizards are generally too easy for me to kill (nix + no earth barrier = dead) so none others really come to mind. I would mention Nurfed but I hardly see him solo PvP anymore so its hard to differentiate between skill and gear.

EA: Curses - was decent even before he went OP, like XuLin, knows when to start kiting and when to strike. A few other archers stood out to me (an old Crimson EA that helped form MafiaPT but I forgot the name of... Sheo maybe it was?) in the pre-anni-pack era, but have long quit the game already. Antihero has respects in my book for his post-Ascii-rage solo TW defending (even if he did use iamkiller's OP gear), but I've never really gotten a chance to fight him on equal footing so I can't judge.

EP: TaiShang and Acrelar - hard to decide which stands out more as I've fought against both at different stages of the server. TaiShang use to be extremely outgeared but knew how to tank and survive and has pretty much mastered the cleric class. Acrelar's always been keeping up with gear but has always been the hardest to kill due to strong group PvP coordination. Note that both clerics are support clerics - I see nothing in so-called full-attack clerics (no names but one rager and one CSer comes to mind).

WB: none come to mind - most PvP barbs I know rely too much on gear -> perdition and its hard to imagine how they would fight in equal-gear footing as I find barbs wayyy too predictable in PvP.

WF: I use to follow Nei's footsteps until he went overly PvE. angeRR, Dejavuu and Iffy started off PvP on this server though they were far from the best (compared to LC's legends in the pre-nix era) but the early PvPers (myself included) generally relied way too much on their nixes (*cough* the supposed KD hater *cough*) so it was a matter of timing your Bloodclot/old ToP. Nowadays I hardly see many venos PvP but I'd say Iffy stands out due to more experience and knowing how to properly coordinate in group PvP.

SIN: lol. Until I see more sage sins PvPing using sin skills, no-one comes to mind at all. The depth of skill and PvP knowledge required for following through with the demon interval build is extremely shallow. I will say, however, that any 3/4 APS sin that uses daggers is looked on much, much higher in my books than the silly fist users.

PSY: Sad to say, I've met and fought better psychics on Raging Tide (a PvE server) than I have here. Psychics have, in my opinion, the highest PvP potential end-game but I have yet to see any psychic on HL who has tapped or explored that potential properly.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liberty_ - Harshlands
    Liberty_ - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just lol over all these post b:laugh Does it really matter who is being best of each class b:surrender So what if you are best of the best and if your have bad attitude< 2 sided face> in yourself I will just lol @ u....

b:shutup You know who you are b:shutup
  • Jlung - Harshlands
    Jlung - Harshlands Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thanks to all those who mentioned me i appreciate it but as much as id like to consider myself one of the best i still have alot of work to do...as much as i hate to say it taboo is actually right looking back on it the fact that i got my weapon to +10 before the rest of my gear is pretty laughable but meh whatever its an easy fix here is my list

Barb - Endless_life
    Archer - Curses
    Veno - Desiree
    BM - Rome
    Cleric - Prelude(pvp) Acrelar(support)
    Wizard - Nurfed
    Sin - Anti_Matter
    Psychic - UrDian

oh and paimage complimented me? how unexpected, thanks but all i can say
    is Jlung(cata) <----lol demon b:surrender
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this list are mostly made on preferences ... every single veno in that list of yours either i killed him 1 vs 1 or i never had a chance to 1 vs 1 with themb:laugh
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    Acrelar - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    my prophecy has come true. The thread is now officially a 'best of each class-thread'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
This discussion has been closed.