Things you don't want to hear a high level say (all classes).

Comments

• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I have almost 10 yrs experience with MMO's starting with Everquest 1... I've also played WoW for over a year and for those that came from that game, no disrespect, but it doesn't really teach a lot about grinding, teamwork or agro... just seems like one big gankfest... and this is just my opinion from my own observations.

Thank you for your time.

+12

I too started 10 years ago, on same MMO, And that game forced you to USE team-work, man how MMOs have changed since then. Back then a death in the group could cost 30 mins of DOWNTIME.

And yea, the second one you mentioned scewed the whole idea of team effort, based on PLAYER skill and role.

I was a bit disapointed hitting end content even here. People tend to point the fail finger at those that can't seem to Zurg, or gank the instances as well as them (or as they think they can). Funny part is, a few old school gamers groups I would do most of my instance runs with, we would get the task done in just the same time, less deaths, less stress.

I guess it boils down to the fact people get ran through a few of those instances with high levels zurging them through it, they think that is how it is done. I refuse to do that for lower levels when I help in a FB/BH, Even though I could easily solo it, I will treat it as if I was on their level, and organize it to go as if I was.

you think you are helping them by running them through, but your not in the end if they dont learn consequences. What little there is in this game.
  • X - Lost City
    X - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    level 100 veno: empire back image, is that a frost weapon?
    the first black man in PWI to have rank 8~ b:cute
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And on my alt in bh 51 (69 barb at the time)
    At wy

Cleric-I dont like to BB I will heal
    me-ok, please use IH and purify then. I will turn him so aoe isnt as bad
    I grab aggro turn and my charm ticks. I use potsand charm is ticking often
    Me-Cleric? Please IH and purify!
    Cleric-oh but your healing yourself! Im just going to DD

I will not use a charm on my barb anymore till bh69

Since Enaj said to give advices I'll give you one;
    Never, ever turn Wyvern around when killing him. It only makes clerics get into AoE (Yes, they don't walk around outside AoE, they walk straight into it while healing you).
    And if a DD takes aggro, it takes longer for you to get aggro back, since it runs away from you.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    from any 5aps char with nirvana +10..."sparkmakro" b:surrender
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lmao i always purify if i can and if theres something to purify cos for me its like: if i can remoove it why should i not?

I had quite some healers too who rather let the Tanks HP charm tick instead of throwing a mana potion or a medicine. I also heared the resoning: "The barb can let his Charm tick or he can pay my potions." UUUUUh yeah.. never repaired any gear hu? XD

Yes, sometimes you shuld rather help then scream "fail" or "noob" but alot of people proof everyday that if you explain to them they are a) pissed and flame you for trying to explain them how to play or b) just ignore you and try even harder to fail.

I want to state that giving an advice to someone who obviously doesnt know what to do is very diffrent from giving "advice" to someone who hasnt done anything totaly wrong at all. The last case is mostly from people who just feel they are so 1337 they have to save the world from its noobishness.
    But some people also just dont accept there are many ways in how to succesfully play a class.b:surrender
  • vristion
    edited August 2010
    I had quite some healers too who rather let the Tanks HP charm tick instead of throwing a mana potion or a medicine. I also heared the resoning: "The barb can let his Charm tick or he can pay my potions." UUUUUh yeah.. never repaired any gear hu? XD

First and formost, Clerics are not put in game to cater to everyone that has a HP charm. Even worse to me is ones that dont ASK if I could help them save on thier charm but demands it.

You do realize it is far more benificial for the group as a WHOLE that the cleric not be tied to keeping the precious charm from ticking? With a charm on, thats like keeping a HALF of the tanks value alive for us. Which leaves us in LOCK down on the tank's need of healing.. Not GIVING us enough buffer time to do other benificial needs such as debuffing, spot healing, rezing, purifying. Because lawd forbid, if we stop and take time to do any of the other wonderful things we are capable of doing, they will hit 50% and tick off, even tho we was allready back to spamming heals on them, it just SO happen to make it that far.

Point is If the cleric is able to keep the tank alive even without the charm, they are doing their part, and the charm is NOT a squad necessity, it is a PERSONAL insurance that they/you chose to spend money on. NOT the cleric.

Also keep in mind, it is an unfair trade off, in order for us to keep a tank topped of, we of course use MANA, and if we so happen to choose to buy a MANA charm, we with the amount of mana pool we have will be constanly ticking THOUSANDS too to keep a tanks from ticking once. And it ticks at 75%, But dont EVER have a cleric complain about that huh?

Back on topic "QQ my charm ticked"
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    *rant*

MP foods. If you're using a MP charm outside of pehraps PK/TW for Plume shell and it's not a leftover from the aforementioned then you're doing it wrong or you're being lazy. HP hitting 0 = death. MP hitting 0, not so much.

That out of the way, most (decent and above) players have come to the consensus that as long as the cleric is making some attempt to keep the charm from burning too much in situations where it can be avoided, that's fine. We get HP charms expecting them to tick to save our lives and there are gonna be situations where that can't be avoided. It's when the clerics decide that they'll be lazy and let the charm tick away that we tend to have problems. As a cleric, I don't let charms tick if I can avoid it. If I can't avoid it, then it means the charm served its purpose in keeping whoever ticked alive in a situation where they may have died or come close to it without one.
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Dude slow down i guess i hitted a nerv. XD
    I never said "OMG CHARMS NEVER ARE ALLOWED TO TICK OR THE CLERIC IS A FAIL NOOB!!"b:surrender

I was relateing that to the post by Raygan and Clerics who simple refuse to throw a single heal as soon as the tank is charmed. Thats something totaly diffrent from saying if the charm ticks its all the clerics fault. Also i never said yeah save tanks charms lets make clerics spend all the money. That would be very lame. XD
    It was related to situations where a tank is asked to burn hundrets of k coins where the cleric could save the barbs charm w/o burning through his charm and just a few pots or a medicine (~10k).

And in a BH your usally high enough so you have time for all the other things a Cleric can do and dont need to glue urself to the IH button...atleast it should be that way.b:chuckle
    The party could work together in a way EVERYONE needs to spend only so much charm ticks as necesarry. Or atleast that would be uuh... nice? Teamplaying? In my opinion atleast. ;-)

And as Cleric i try to hinder a charm from ticking but i wont let anyone die cos the tank would survive just fine and i can save others (except they plain asked to die^^) in the seconds bought by the charm tick, that would be just pathetic in my eyes.

But since i dont have any funny stuff related to the topic to post here i wont keep this discussion going just wanted to clear the misunderstanding. More funny post plz! And i vote for sticky too if this doesnt turn into a "how to play xxx class" diskussion. b:laugh
  • Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary
    Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I remember we were in Valley of disaster at Gluttonix. We waited until all were ready to beat him and then the barb ran into the mobs (and of course Glutt too) and died.
    We asked him why he did that, and he answered "Sorry I was cleaning my keyboard"

b:laugh

So remember, do not clean your keyboard when you're in BH Squad xD
  • vristion
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    MP foods. If you're using a MP charm outside of pehraps PK/TW for Plume shell and it's not a leftover from the aforementioned then you're doing it wrong or you're being lazy. HP hitting 0 = death. MP hitting 0, not so much.

That out of the way, most (decent and above) players have come to the consensus that as long as the cleric is making some attempt to keep the charm from burning too much in situations where it can be avoided, that's fine. We get HP charms expecting them to tick to save our lives and there are gonna be situations where that can't be avoided. It's when the clerics decide that they'll be lazy and let the charm tick away that we tend to have problems. As a cleric, I don't let charms tick if I can avoid it. If I can't avoid it, then it means the charm served its purpose in keeping whoever ticked alive in a situation where they may have died or come close to it without one.

Being lazy is one thing, but 50% on a tank is still well into the safe zone. which in turn serves NO purpose when it ticks considering there is AMPLE time to get the tank well above that bracket of HP.. All it does is cram what use to be a X amount of a tank, into a now Y amount thus leaving Other benefits of a cleric out..

I dont mind making it an effort to keep it from ticking everytime, but when it is DEMANDED, as explained in my prior post, it has went on a whole dif level.
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    OMG Crystal LMAO!

I died once cos i cleaned the keyboard, hitted cancel fly button, dropped on Goufs head and died, since then i only do that either in a city or not logged in.b:laugh
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    BH79 - get to Linus and Brig (I'm on my BM who needed sty/brig from her 69BH chain) veno goes to lure at the front of the steps and pulls Linus, Brig, and all poison mobs. Squad tank and highest BM grab aggro on bosses leaving the rest of us to clear the mobs. The veno however, upon seeing that all the mobs were pulled logged off...rather than help or was afraid that we'd squad wipe.

Unfortuately I've had multiple BHs or instances with others from that same faction and have since decided that if they're in squad I'm not. I'm done with people that can't pull their weight (spends 3/4s of BH afking - w/o decent reason) or leave at the first sign of trouble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cynbeline - Archosaur
    Cynbeline - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Barb: Cleric can take aggro, she's a level higher.
  • I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary
    I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    OMG b:shocked Today in BH

BLADEMASTER: oops, forgot to equip my weapon

God help us all!
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Random Guy on Dreamweaver: "...i have a Cleric on this server since PWI day 1."

As far as i remember when i started to play PWI there was no Dreamweaver Server and that sure was after PWI day one.b:surrender
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Clerics and Barbs are the hardest classes to play!!! U most be smart and pay atention to the game! not like dd's does most of the time, use macro on bosses and go afkb:shocked

The heck, playing cleric is very re-re friendly.

Secret of playing cleric: Level Ironheart, cast Ironheart alot. Later they may need purify or BB, but that's about the sum of what they need to do. Bad clerics make it look like it's hard to do, but I never had a problem grinding my levels on my old main cleric. Though to be honest, there were alot of terrible clerics playing back then that did make me look a better player than I thought I was.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    "Thanks for the help in TT, here's a skele piece."

Because, you know, i didnt suply the substance mats. Dont ever pretend you can TT as a wiz and not get fcked over. b:surrender

ikr? i was doing a TT 2-1 run with my fact a while ago and i got 1 foshuras armor where the veno got 4 other mats b:cry i was like wtf!?

EDIT: i jsut got asked in game by a total stranger if they could borrow 3mil from me....................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    We finally found a cleric for Frost, got in, and heard: "um btw this is so-and-so's friend on this char at the mo...sec lemme figure out what skills are what."

Me to another 9x archer: Why are you spamming STA during the whole boss fight?
    Archer: Cuz I gotta keep the max hp down

*I'm in a squad with a 9x sin that is dying every other minute*
    Squad: wtf are you doing?"
    Sin: I'm DDing
    Squad: So control your DD
    Sin: DD's cant control how much we deal. Its tank's job to keep aggro nomatter what
    The 2 archers using fists at the mo: O really???
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No matter whay class they are, BSing about how awesome they are and how much of a nobody you are. Know what you morons? You are put at the top of my list of morons to PK when I start doing it full-timeb:laugh
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This actually happaned to me while running my FB59 with an all high-ish level squad.. all bosses are now dead and we're at the one last hallway we havent been down yet.. i dont remember the *exact* words exchanged but this was essentially it.

Tank: Ok now this last boss you gotta do on your own we're not allowed to help you
    me: Uhh, what? :(
    Other:Dont worry hes not too too hard, you should be fine if your pet is the same level as you (my pet was about 9 levels behind me)
    *walks down hallway*
    Me: OMG hes huge! and covered in lightning!
    *ppl start dropping from party including the cleric*

after a few mins of hitting tab to target and not being able to target the guy for ranged attack i say in faction chat where most of my squad was from,

Me:Uh, guys, i cant fight this guy it wont let me target him and mouse gives me a talk icon not a sword
    Tank:LOL yeah hes a quest NPC you talk to, did i scare you?
    me: :S uhh yeah a little *heads to door*

looking back on it i can laugh, my god was i ever a noob back then lol.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This actually happaned to me while running my FB59 with an all high-ish level squad.. all bosses are now dead and we're at the one last hallway we havent been down yet.. i dont remember the *exact* words exchanged but this was essentially it.

Tank: Ok now this last boss you gotta do on your own we're not allowed to help you
    Other:Dont worry hes not too too hard, you should be fine if your pet is the same level as you (my pet was about 9 levels behind me)
    *walks down hallway*

after a few mins of hitting tab to target and not being able to target the guy for ranged attack i say in faction chat where most of my squad was from,

Me:Uh, guys, i cant fight this guy it wont let me target him and mouse gives me a talk icon not a sword

You just made my day. I burst out laughing hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
    edited August 2010
    You just made my day. I burst out laughing hahaha

:) you're welcome

Best part is, now that i'm in the 70 range and this dungeon is my daily BH, i laugh a little every time i pass that same hallway
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    3. While in TT two level 70+ asked "What are these hands"?
    5. A level 90+ Veno asking me in a FB, "why are you trying to tame those mobs" (hint - you can use pet tame to lure mobs if your pet is set to neutral.
    8. A high level veno that was unaware venos can heal other veno battle pets

3. you do no some people dont even go into TT they just buy what they need from catshops the first time i went into TT was when i was lvl 79

5.if you dont have a high lvl veno mentor or just use your pet for luring you might never know you could do this unless you see someone else doing it i never new i could do this tell i was lvl 85 cus i allways used my pets & to me using pets are alot safer

8. i never new i could heal another venos pet untill i was lvl 70+ sense i never was in a sqaud with another veno & i was factionless tell i hit lvl 90
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because I can't get the image to show, here's a link. :<

First convo, person is a 9x Barb.

Second is a 5x Barb. Not really "high level" but still. >.>

b:surrender
  • _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver
    _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just happened yesterday...

100 Archer asked, "Whats SL?".
    edited August 2010
    Because I can't get the image to show, here's a link. :<

First convo, person is a 9x Barb.

Second is a 5x Barb. Not really "high level" but still. >.>

b:surrender

:S ur kiddin me... afk macro boss fightin is why they changed 69 and 3-1 bosses in the first place, so ppl like that couldnt just run up to a boss, click a button, then afk and walk away while the macro does the rest for ya..
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    3. you do no some people dont even go into TT they just buy what they need from catshops the first time i went into TT was when i was lvl 79

5.if you dont have a high lvl veno mentor or just use your pet for luring you might never know you could do this unless you see someone else doing it i never new i could do this tell i was lvl 85 cus i allways used my pets & to me using pets are alot safer

8. i never new i could heal another venos pet untill i was lvl 70+ sense i never was in a sqaud with another veno & i was factionless tell i hit lvl 90

Thing is, none of these poiunts matter unless you already accept that today's player base is less skilled and knowledgeable than the ones from before. Which is a complaint that ties into this thread, since stuff like the above people already knew very early on. With BH/hyper/oracles, it has made it so that people would actually think there is an excuse for not knowing even at lvl 90.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    :S ur kiddin me... afk macro boss fightin is why they changed 69 and 3-1 bosses in the first place, so ppl like that couldnt just run up to a boss, click a button, then afk and walk away while the macro does the rest for ya..

No kidding at all. :<
    He and other person went on for a while, then became pretty chill. I don't think I'll be too comfortable with that Barb anymore. =/
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2010

*walks down hallway*

Haha me and my friends did the same exact thing but with the digging pillar in the middle instead of that lightning dude.
    After the fb was finished, we took tabber to the middle platform thing and told him to dig.
    While he was digging, we told him a freakin HUGE boss with 1mil HP gonna appear after he's done with digging. And if he cant kill it under 5mins, he'll get 1 shot.
    Tabber: "OMFG! Im so dead! It gonna **** me. God helps me."
    My friend: "Sorry dude. You got to do it on our own or u wont get the drop."
    Me: " Leave him some room to kill the boss guys."
    We all ran off the pillar with the tabber still in middle of platform diggin. After hes done diggin and nothin happened, we started laughin our asses off and told him we were just playin with him. b:chuckle
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    in TT at drummer, AOE was not on yet (dun ask me what TT I forgot x.x)
    (my little frogling dies)
    lvl 80 barb: How did that get agro D:
    barb: does it have a hihg lvl bash D: or flesh ream?
    me: no >_> it has lvl 1 toxic mist. . .
    barb: how did it get agro!?

b:laugh better ask him I gues >.<"

the frog got agro because its doing full damage on that HH boss, whereas all the toons are doing (i forget, its either) half or quarter of normal damage. even with barb having flesh ream and roar, the pet doing that much relative damage is like an archer/assn spamming sparks and skills, so the pet gets the agro b/c its puttin out more damage than anyone else. whereas in an fb or world boss, the pet with lv1 toxic would've never got agro unless the barb were plain just not doing their job lol
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172