Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    netopirka wrote: »
    Players are not testers, and this is not beta , pls do u realy mean what u wrote seriously?

And this game is not free anymore if u cannot on lvl 100 , drop mats for lvl 90 it is absolutly mockery. I think the players are paying for gold more than enough , so pls employ one good tester, and dont press us to your work.

Technically, I don't think the company ever officially declared it was out of open beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kirkitsune - Archosaur
    Kirkitsune - Archosaur Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I recently was able to kill the GBA boss with a squad of 100+
    2 clerics, 2 barbs, a veno and a sin. I was the only one there not lvl 100 or higher.
    We had no complete squad wipes, but at least 1 person was dead at any one time (usually me) We finally managed to kill it after many of us dying and you know what we got... NOTHING!
    If you're gonna make a boss that hard, at least increase the drop rate
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I recently was able to kill the GBA boss with a squad of 100+
    2 clerics, 2 barbs, a veno and a sin. I was the only one there not lvl 100 or higher.
    We had no complete squad wipes, but at least 1 person was dead at any one time (usually me) We finally managed to kill it after many of us dying and you know what we got... NOTHING!
    If you're gonna make a boss that hard, at least increase the drop rate

haha that happened the other day to my team.

but there was an 87 bm, rest were 95+, and i am 90...

lots of wipeage... but we keeled it..

and no drops
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not sure if PWI has a few game testers positions. b:laugh

Looks like they don't. b:cry
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is just as easy for us to test...Dunno, maybe I just figured it was faster for myself (and others) to do it. And tbh...for those that run the instances everyday, we have a much more knowledgeable understanding of anything "off" with the instance(s).

Who knows...tbh a small update would just be nice....I will be running HH's tonight so depending on the need(s) of a few ppl, I might "test" again b:chuckle

(my squads hate me....I lied they laugh at me but go along with my crazy plans b:cute)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not sure if PWI has a few game testers positions. b:laugh

Looks like they don't. b:cry
    And split what little loot they get after CN gets their cut? F- that.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reds, if you test this, get a screenshot of your mob-counts to put to rest those idiots saying "You noobs didn't kill trash mobs," and turn on the combat log to see if you're being hit for 5K repeatedly or the 50K that indicates frenzy-mode.

I ran BH3-3 with a squad the Wednesday after the patch... we had a 5.0 aps L102 barb and the rest L100 moderately geared (TT90 +3 to +5). The BH went flawlessly. Yesterday I ran BH3-1 which also went flawlessly for every boss EXCEPT Colluseast (the one that drops GBA). I did not have the combat log on but it sure looked like he was in frenzy mode to me, however this squad was me, a L100 veno, a L86 veno and a L82 wizard. It may simply have been that the 43% HP debuff (I calculated, 4600 HP dropped to 2600 HP) in conjuction with an AoE that does in excess of 5K damage means you simply cannot do 3-1 Colluseast without a barb HP buff.

Frankie,

It was certainly puzzling to be able to run a partial 3-3 (just to Colluseast for BH) with no issues and then get wiped by that same boss in 3-1 repeatedly. The difficulty should go down when dropping from 3-3 to 3-2 and then 3-1. Additionally the difficulty should be scaled to be appropriate for these squad level ranges given on the settings pillar:

3-1 Null (88-93)
    3-2 Vacuity (95-100)
    3-3 Doom (Over Lv. 100)

Please consider backing out the changes to TT difficultly & drop-rate from patch 398 relative to patch 392 and instead simply restrict squads to the levels indicated on the pillar above. If there are squad members outside the given level range, you could reduce the drop-rates to 50% (1 level over) or 25% (2 levels over) or even 0% (3 or more levels over) , although you'd need to extend 3-1 Null from 88 to 94, since L94 is not currently included in the pillar's level bins. Similarly you could reduce the drop-rate if the squad count is less than 4 (e.g., 50% for 3 people, 75% for 2 people, and no drops if you solo the instance in squad mode). While this proposal is not as "quick and dirty" as tweaks to difficulty and drop-rate, they likely better address the root cause of why the devs were mucking with this area in the first place (Note that soloing in squad mode is not solved by this change; just read the posts by Kitamura in this thread).

The quick and dirty solution is just going to make the most ultra-powerful characters on each server a lot of money while average players in the specified level ranges cannot possibly farm for their TT gear. On Sanctuary, GBAs have already sky-rocketed from 550k coin back on 5-Aug to 1M coin yesterday and it will only go up from there. Are the devs saying that in order to combat soloing in squad mode at great profit to a few, that those L88-93 will never be able to farm their own TT90 gear? That doesn't seem to make sense.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for this update on TT, I am not sure if it is too far, but if it is still possible, people should not complain about harder HH as they keep saying "mobs are boring, PVP is better". Now they can't use their "all power, no defense" tactics anymore.

People just have to use better tactics now. Now there is a good reason to actually level thanks to bigger difficulty for higher levels. I regret being high level in another mmorpg because it got easier. I wanted to keep myself below 60 because it will make dull gameplay. But now, there is a good reason to level up

I am glad I'm the kind of guy who max all my skills to prepare for the worst to happen. And I usually go through just fine. I know there are others willing to use their skills properly and pay more attention this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for this update on TT, I am not sure if it is too far, but if it is still possible, people should not complain about harder HH as they keep saying "mobs are boring, PVP is better". Now they can't use their "all power, no defense" tactics anymore.

People just have to use better tactics now. Now there is a good reason to actually level thanks to bigger difficulty for higher levels. I regret being high level in another mmorpg because it got easier. I wanted to keep myself below 60 because it will make dull gameplay. But now, there is a good reason to level up

I am glad I'm the kind of guy who max all my skills to prepare for the worst to happen. And I usually go through just fine. I know there are others willing to use their skills properly and pay more attention this time.

animatedgetout.gif
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    animatedgetout.gif

Don't be mad at me ^^, be mad at the update. I think it is a good update, just figure out with different strategies and it won't be much of an issue anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Technically, I don't think the company ever officially declared it was out of open beta.

all F2P games like this maintain beta status to get away with a bit more legally than allowed by a "finished" product
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't be mad at me ^^, be mad at the update. I think it is a good update, just figure out with different strategies and it won't be much of an issue anymore

You need to run TT3-3....seriously....

Its not that its harder, its just that the "average player" can't manage it, even with all the skill you can put into this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You need to run TT3-3....seriously....

Its not that its harder, its just that the "average player" can't manage it, even with all the skill you can put into this game.

I never been in 3-3 before, but I have been in 3-1 (i have no idea why I was there to be honest lol, it was a faction TT thing back then) But yeah, 3-3 sounds really fun b:chuckle I love challenges... I have to start my BM over because I can't change the name... oh well but its ok :) I will build my new BM the same way

check out my new main XD well I still use my barb but I keep him at same level range with a friend (rebirth wise) so please do not call me Yulk anymore, thanks :D
    http://profile.perfectworld.com/u/umaro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    animatedgetout.gif

Again....I lol'd rl b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Again....I lol'd rl b:chuckle

Me too. I almost spit out the soup I was eating... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You're an idiot st'fu. You're speaking out of ignorance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    After doing 3-3 and getting absolutely ***** with a 4 101s and 2 100s **** OFF PWI, I hope your office catches on fire and all of you burn. :)
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Nayx - Sanctuary
    Nayx - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I never been in 3-3 before, but I have been in 3-1 (i have no idea why I was there to be honest lol, it was a faction TT thing back then) But yeah, 3-3 sounds really fun b:chuckle I love challenges... I have to start my BM over because I can't change the name... oh well but its ok :) I will build my new BM the same way

check out my new main XD well I still use my barb but I keep him at same level range with a friend (rebirth wise) so please do not call me Yulk anymore, thanks :D
    http://profile.perfectworld.com/u/umaro

As long as you're rerolling and all, please do reroll on Sanct so i can kick your ****
  • JoeBlack - Harshlands
    JoeBlack - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3-3 is fine. I solo healed it quite a few times and tanked Collu as a barb with a single cleric healing me as well. A few squishes died yes, but hey, bring 5 def charms the next time around and you'll be just fine.

Barbs that cry they got one shotted and/or refuse to do it without 2 clerics, do a barrel roll. There's this thing called invoke, ToP, AD, IG or Tranq orb for when you get debuffed and purged. Clerics also have this thing called Wings of Protection. Any combination of the above is enough to give the cleric the time to rebuff and get the IH stacks back up. I mean it's supposed to be a bh for levels 100+ and as such, I for one welcome the change as it makes the instance a bit more challenging and makes me more involved than simply standing in a corner spamming IH till the boss drops.

From what I understand the problem here is that the mob counter is simply bugged in 3-1 and 3-1 only. Purge, hp debuff and stun are the INTENDED behavior reflecting the new changes. 15k aoe is NOT. If the 3-1 collu keeps spamming the aoe even AFTER meeting the mob kill count IT IS BUGGED AND NEEDS FIXING. Not even 3-2 and 3-3 bosses AOE after the mob requirement is met.

RedsRose said this 30 pages back. Lrn2comprehend.

And the 4 hour limit should be shoved up the devs ****, for reasons already mentioned earlier.

Oh and P.S.

To the 5aps QQer(s) that are used to soloing 3-3 for a quick buck and now can't - cry me a river.

To the 5apsers that still can solo 3-3 for a quick buck - marry me! I giff you secksi time foot rubs.

Did you finish full TT33? Tell me if you did and show the SS about your squad.

Have you ever had the highest hp barb in PWI servers in your squad ?

Our barb is an op barb 38K hp and our squad really not under - average one,some 4 aps bm,sin, veno all H99 or Nirvana high refined, and ****ing Stellation boss + Illusion dard lord still wiped our squad in minutes. Instantly amageldon spell, all one shotted and barb only stand more than 30s after all wiped.

And to GMs,,, open your eyes and ears, and dont make some stupid replies as you did before.... We are not FOOLs.... F>>>K
  • X - Lost City
    X - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The truth in the whole update is not being seen by most of the players/Gms/Developers or whoever is involved in this issue. Online gaming has basically 2 factors that keeps most people going:

1. Social aspect
    2. Subconscience competition

Basically with the packs number 2 has been mostly taken off the list apart from a few rare players with many accounts that are still able to gain millions, even billions through farming.

The social aspect however remained and people continued to have fun. I do not understand how PW in general would benefit from this added "challenge". I personally see a challenge as something that is just beyond my normal set limit to things. This update however is about 20 steps beyond the one step that people would want to keep the challenge in the game.

The impossibility of the tweaked bosses has lead to people no longer wanting to do the instance. Whether it's profitable for some or gear improval for others it frankly doesn't matter because it's frustration factor is through the roof. At the end of the day it's a game it should be enjoyable, not mission impossible movie style and go through blood sweat and tears for pixals when most people that use this game as an escape from reality which already causes them enough blood , sweat and tears.

The game is being killed more and more with the update. In a market point of view, because it's quite obvious that the company is in it for the profit. Why would you purposely put cholestrol in your well flowing money vessel? Which is the question I'm stuck with at the moment.

I'll leave it at this, just my 2cents.
    the first black man in PWI to have rank 8~ b:cute
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The truth in the whole update is not being seen by most of the players/Gms/Developers or whoever is involved in this issue. Online gaming has basically 2 factors that keeps most people going:

1. Social aspect
    2. Subconscience competition

Basically with the packs number 2 has been mostly taken off the list apart from a few rare players with many accounts that are still able to gain millions, even billions through farming.

The social aspect however remained and people continued to have fun. I do not understand how PW in general would benefit from this added "challenge". I personally see a challenge as something that is just beyond my normal set limit to things. This update however is about 20 steps beyond the one step that people would want to keep the challenge in the game.

The impossibility of the tweaked bosses has lead to people no longer wanting to do the instance. Whether it's profitable for some or gear improval for others it frankly doesn't matter because it's frustration factor is through the roof. At the end of the day it's a game it should be enjoyable, not mission impossible movie style and go through blood sweat and tears for pixals when most people that use this game as an escape from reality which already causes them enough blood , sweat and tears.

The game is being killed more and more with the update. In a market point of view, because it's quite obvious that the company is in it for the profit. Why would you purposely put cholestrol in your well flowing money vessel? Which is the question I'm stuck with at the moment.

Lol even you and your OP people can't do 3-3 b:shocked What a joke lol...

To answer your last questions, the company doesn't kill his game for purpose, it actually does stuff to earn more money (of course), by nerfing all the sources of income which could have let people financially doing well without charging zhen.

And if you notice, people still open packs like crazy. In the end the company will always win. gg them.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol even you and your OP people can't do 3-3 b:shocked What a joke lol...

Have you even been reading the squads that are having issues? TBH, many of those are much more "op" then what X farms with, in fact, his squad is more on the average side with himself being the "op" one.

Although, I do have to agree that the Social aspect at this point is keeping a lot of people in the game. Also keeping people here, (as mentioned in vent last night), is that there are no real alternatives atm. People are buying time with what they have atm and tbh I for one think that it is a waiting game till one or more new games are released.

X wrote:

I am sure we will all find out sooner or later. Although it is insanely frustrating for the older players to see the fall and much of the fail. Like I said...buying time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• X - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im quitting PWI to play strippoker with RedsRose, luckily she doesn't have a clue on poker
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im quitting PWI to play strippoker with RedsRose, luckily she doesn't have a clue on poker

I can assure you I will not be the one naked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• X - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    because you don't play by the rules, let's play something more simple.

The wet Tshirt came, you rock paper scissors on who goes first.

you each throw a bucket of water on eachother in turns.

winner is the one who gives up last
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I completely agree with this. A game should be enjoyable, not frustating. Real life is alrady tough, why would we we need to strees even more with some pixels?
  • Hayuka - Heavens Tear
    Hayuka - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're an idiot st'fu. You're speaking out of ignorance.

He's n big idiot...b:chuckle a little child. Im sure he never made a 3-1 in his live so Yulk s.t.f.u D: im sure with lvl 90 u need ur TT gear litte child >.<...and than u cant farm ur mats cause the **** GBA boss is to hard for all lvl 90...THE patch is a big mistake >.<
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Seeing as this is supposed to be a discussion between players and GM's over the TT changes, any response from GM's about anything? Or are they on their 364 day holiday b:chuckle

RedRose should be a GM o.o b:surrender
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why did u all picked pvp server if you want that easy game without sweat and tears? o0

sry, but im getting tired of that all QQ.. game has to be challenging or it becomes boring

you all act like in big trauma after that 3-3 bosses kicked ur butts (ffs whole DW is in shock also)
    it really hurts ego so bad to get wiped in 3-3? =o

i know it was fun to tank 3-3 bosses as AA with +10 gear, or solo it as sin on macro but this ended. deal with it

not everyne have to run around in 99 gold. and hopefuly this will teach ppl to take care of their old gear.
    im always amazed wheni see person in full 99 (worth like 80-100m?) and refine 3-5 o0 while for that money they could get 4 sock 90 gear and ref it to 7.

99 gold gear used like deco.. ijs..

but i agree that pwi should add new harder instances instead of changing old ones. it s not fair for people who didnt have chance to get their gear and slap for farmers

tho, it fix pve - squads getting bigger and more rainbow.

and yeah, there is something wrong with 3-1..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why did u all picked pvp server if you want that easy game without sweat and tears? o0

and yeah, there is something wrong with 3-1..

I only picked LC bc a friend was on it and I only picked cleric bc of the wings -.-

And yes, I agree there is something "off"/"wrong" with 3-1...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.