Tweaked Act III TT bosses?

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, you could get -0.2 intervals from HH99 gears, which just might be the reason why they made it so difficult to farm.

only tt 99 gold mats needed for 5 aps are those for boots and wrists those will always be cheap due to chips there is absolutely no change here in the price of 5 aps (possibly a slight raise on green mats i suppose)

will be intristing to see if we get more lunar farmers now though
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    josh, got your cape yet?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOL... are you expecting us to feel worry for you. Get used to it or just quit and leave. The cost of my weapon can easily buy 3 of your hercs... and I still can't farm my own mats.

My wifey doing TT3-1 atm, they just got wiped. 9x barb, granted w/o TT90 set yet, 2x clerics, at least my wifey 10x, she is also charmed. Anyway, full 9x squad, I think most closer to 100 than 95, yet they get wiped on GBA boss... I`m really wondering how the **** are high 8x or low 9x able to farm gear anymore? Cause really, if that squad gets wiped, what chances those, who are farming their gear, got? Pretty much flat 0%. I really wonder if PWE is killing the game on purpose as there can`t be anything else behind these changes.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • RunKittyRun - Raging Tide
    RunKittyRun - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay Despite of all the complainings personally i like the new bosses cos they actually need you to move around and use skills to kill instead of macro spark with 5 aps bm.

So i've tried out the 3-x TTs and heres what i think really.

3-1 GBA boss: This boss aoe seal, max hp debuff, 1 shot aoe (with no damage just 1 shot), etc etc. I've tried the boss a couple times with a friend we didn't really have a proper tank just lv100 herc.

The boss doesn't really hit hard itself, and the seal + debuff etc doesn't really kill the lv100 herc neither (well it runs on the seal but doesn't really matter). And the aoe doesn't really do a lot damage neither, but the 1 shot skill and random aggro is pretty annoying.

So here's the trick, kill the 3 min djin boss first. Leave ur herc at beast room's door and run to the middle room. Heal through the wall, so it couldn't random aggro you. But the 1 shot skill will still hit through the wall. ALL newly added skill is un-interruptable EXCEPT for the 1 shot skill. I just throw myself there and interrupt that 1 shot skill with earthquake b:pleased I'm a kinda beefy cleric so i survive all the hits and random aggros but a bm or barb could easily do as well. The range DDs could hit through the wall as well melee DDs could go interrupt itb:victory if u can take care of urself and not die I suppose u could do this with barb + cleric heals as wellb:chuckle.

Or get 3 5aps bm and demon hf and drop it in 30 secs damn cashshopper still winsb:cry
    edited August 2010
    I haven't really tried the emperors in 3-2 and 3-3 but i heard it hits super hard and more frequently random aggrob:shocked i didn't really need the back images cos i'm not gonna make the neck and belt soo yea might try some other timesb:surrender

The steelation is funny it could fist you backb:dirty first time seeing 5.0 aps fist bms get out fisted. Anyways the trick to kill it is the tank holy path out of that place when it self buffs and veno purge it. After a few round it'll give up and dropb:laugh (Near melees could use absolute domain to help the tank so he could get away safetly)

Minister is still the same, beast in 3-3 i think is not changed or changed much i did it the other day and is fine o.o
    edited August 2010
    I didn't do Illusion lord so i'll just quote TheDan's post when he killed itb:victory
    Illusion Lord; last 3-3 boss in my instance was slain at the 3 hour 53 minute mark into the instance at 5:30am server time.

The trick to killing Arma is 1 cleric BBing, other cleric purifies the cleric BBing. Use absolute domain to resist the 1 shot random. Veno needs to purge boss's buffs, and BM needs to Myriad Sword Stance whenever BB goes down.

You need to kill the boss without letting anyone from your side die or else the boss buffs itself. Took us 6 attempts to beat.

http://i34.tinypic.com/nnvdhj.jpg

A few squads on this server killed it too so i guess is do-ableb:chuckle

3-x is harder and takes more skills to do must be very comfortable using genie skills, interrupting and facing many threatening situations. Even though is harder and seems impossible maybe we should all think of a way around, instead of complaining of forum all day, I'm sure the devs don't just make TT changes so u can't do TT anymore, is just harder and takes more skillsb:victory

Takes the time to farm more skills instead of farming more packsb:chuckle
  • Fate - Raging Tide
    Fate - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    kitty i must have you now! b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    edited August 2010
    kitty i must have you now! b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

QQ fate now that i'm afking in game u stalk me on forumb:surrender
  • Fate - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    You cant escape me! Our love is too strong b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    edited August 2010
    You cant escape me! Our love is too strong b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

*Cough Cough* TT Discussion Not Marriage Patch Discussion *Cough Cough*
  • Fate - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    fine fine, kitty can solo 3-3 ijs. b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    Ladidel - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The problem is not make more difficult bosses; they can do the bosses as difficult as they want, but in a new instance and with amazing rewards.
    The problem is attack the farming. The problem is nerf the currently instances. The problem its not only the tweaked TT bosses; the problem is nerf Nirvana, the problem is reduce prices of DQ, the problem is end the 2x drop rate, the problem is that probably they wont stop here in their aim of battle farming.
    The problem is that, the things should change even to only benefit a little amount of persons, but never should change to harm the majority.
    edited August 2010
    The problem is not make more difficult bosses; they can do the bosses as difficult as they want, but in a new instance and with amazing rewards.
    The problem is attack the farming. The problem is nerf the currently instances. The problem its not only the tweaked TT bosses; the problem is nerf Nirvana, the problem is reduce prices of DQ, the problem is end the 2x drop rate, the problem is that probably they wont stop here in their aim of battle farming.
    The problem is that, the things should change even to only benefit a little amount of persons, but never should change to harm the majority.

The problem is you're not a millionare irl?~ live with it :3b:bye
    Plus is benefiting a lot ppl if they know how to playb:chuckle
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Plus is benefiting a lot ppl if they know how to playb:chuckle

Define a lot of people; as regards TT-3X, you are talking about characters with high refined end game gear, with many high grade gems.

So in absolute numbers they might be many, but in relative numbers I bet you that they dont reach the 1% of the 80+, and since when 1% is a lot of people.
    edited August 2010
    Define a lot of people; as regards TT-3X, you are talking about characters with high refined end game gear, with many high grade gems.

So in absolute numbers they might be many, but in relative numbers I bet you that they dont reach the 1% of the 80+, and since when 1% is a lot of people.

No is relatively easy to do actually except for illusion lord and emperor u don't really need high refined characters just same ones as before but need more skillsb:pleased
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    No is relatively easy to do actually except for illusion lord and emperor u don't really need high refined characters just same ones as before but need more skillsb:pleased

"except for illusion lord and emperor" And arent they the bosses with the big drops?
    edited August 2010
    "except for illusion lord and emperor" And arent they the bosses with the big drops?

well yea but other bosses drop pretty good too, and illusion lord was hard before anyways so was emperorb:shocked
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With having to use more skill and technique, plus everyone in the squad actually doing their job. This should keep people from auto attacking while going afk lol.
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    well yea but other bosses drop pretty good too, and illusion lord was hard before anyways so was emperorb:shocked

The point is not if illusion and emperor were hard before; the point is if you needed be high refined before to take them (because it would be the important change about the number of people that can still continue getting this drop).

Anyway; even regarding that what you say is true; and even regarding that the skills needed for the other bosses are affordable for the ones who used to do the runs. They are forcing them to invest more money in something that they didnt need. Anyway they will die more times and their runs will last more time. All for the same reward.

Obviusly there will be less successful runs and less mats in the market, so the prices will rise. It wont benefit much this unhappy farmers because only a few of people will be able to afford their mats. But the most harmed will be the people that leave farming and all the people that dont have end game gear yet.

All in all is rise the price of the end game gear and hurt the money income of most of the players; only because they have problems with the botting and gold farming in China.

And never will be fair that PWI staff deliberately had decided rise the price of anything for above of what is considered normal. Its like if one day they say: from today on, will have 1/2 of experience, or the prices of the dragon orbs will be 20% more expensive. Nobody is going to see this as correct because we have references and expectations, and we plan in funtion of them. We at least deserve that minimal certainty from the game developers.

Thats why in a good game there are the enough prediction, to avoid do this deplorable acts.
  • HoneyPott - Archosaur
    HoneyPott - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The point is not if illusion and emperor were hard before; the point is if you needed be high refined before to take them (because it would be the important change about the number of people that can still continue getting this drop).

Anyway; even regarding that what you say is true; and even regarding that the skills needed for the other bosses are affordable for the ones who used to do the runs. They are forcing them to invest more money in something that they didnt need. Anyway they will die more times and their runs will last more time. All for the same reward.

Obviusly there will be less successful runs and less mats in the market, so the prices will rise. It wont benefit this unhappy farmers because only a few of people will be able to afford their mats. But the most harmed will be the people that leave farming and all the people that dont have end game gear yet.

All in all is rise the price of the end game gear; only because they have problems with the booting and gold farming in China.

And never will be fair that PWI staff deliberately had decided rise the price of anything for above of what is considered normal. Its like if one day they say: from today on, will have 1/2 of experience, or the prices of the dragon orbs will be 20% more expensive. Nobody is going to see this as correct because we have references and expectations, and we plan in funtion of them. We at least deserve that minimal certainty from the game developers.

Thats why in a good game there are the enough prediction, to avoid do this deplorable acts.

Ladidel's right, you know... the people who are being shafted are the ones without their TT90 gear.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And the people who are being shafted are those who want their TT 99 weapon/armors as well...

It makes no logical sense that to even DO these instance you need people with full demon BM skills 5.0 aps (which was obtained by cough cough TT farming) etc. when the instances were designed to be for those trying to farm for it.

I have my entire TT 90 set, thank goodness, but for all you people who keep saying go merch for them...

There is no market on Arch server self sustaining enough. This update has harmed the TT market on Arch the WORST. No one will farm the instances for money-not even our highly decked out CSers.

There is one idiot I know of who was running around with gear 10-20 levels under him, trying to get GBAs/other mats and mooching off our gear runs to sell for his other mats when he hypered to 95+ and now he's regretting it.That option (to farm mats to sell for others) is not available to us-and don't even start telling us to re-roll on your well developed older servers-I came here to get away from all that to being with(get away form ridiculous well-seasoned better geared people because I wanted to start anew in the TW arena).
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • sandaran
    sandaran Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Did one TT 3-2 run today with my squad for the first time since the tweaks. We got the Emperor. We noticed early one about his new skills. I play as arcane cleric with semi vit build and phy def. I started using magic def charms(33% and 50% ones) , but he still oneshoted me when he was at around 60% hp(with his new magic aoe), so he probably would have done around 9k to an arcane class with no charm. I'm 101 and I know I cant get 9k+ hp with anything less than +8 TT99, not to mention his phy aoe at his last few k hp does around 9k at most(survivable since there are a lot of effects that help with phy def, but not that many for magic(only one)). He also has the new trademark mass seal ,supercharged with extreme stupify effect but that's also survivable via tactics. How are ppl supposed to farm their own gear with a constant oneshot danger(would take more than 60 heavy magic def charms for the whole boss with a total cost of a few mills for no good drops).

I'm writing to ask if the magic aoe gets stronger as his hp goes down since I did survive the first 40% of him (everyone exept (most 100+) got oneshotted before me)?

Also boss seems to do both his super aoes in the same second. That's a sure kill for every one who is not with more than 10k hp +charm or have magic and phy charm active in the same time along with more than 7k hp.
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just got out of 3-3 and i have to say it's truly insane. Squad was a 101barb, 100 and 97cleric, 99veno, 97wiz and me a 99bm. I've been doing 3-3 for 9 lvls now gathering mats for my 99 gear. It used to be hard and if you made a mistake you died. But now crazy. By the time we got to colluseast, with no problems i might add, we had killed 49mobs. I won't go into what he does because that's been gone over many times. We never had a full squad wipe but all in party died multiple times. The barb with over 19k hp got 1 shotted twice. Boss does things so fast by time you counter 1 thing he's hit you with 2 or 3 others. The uber geared 5 apps who claim they can do it are, and don't need the mats, are the only ones who benefit from this. Several of them have said they will get richer from this. So you end up with a small group of people controlling the price of mats. Some have said they want more difficulty, which is great. Petition the Gm's for a higher instance or take off some of that uber gear and try it. Doubt any of you will because that's not what you really want. Some have said they know how to do these bosses but they're not telling. Why because they want to get richer or feel superior to those who haven't come along as far as them. I agree that 3-3 should be damn hard, but not on the bleeding edge of impossibility for those of us who want to farm it, not for profit but for our own gear. this run was for a 100 bh so after colluseast we called it quits. While i'm very leery of it i will be back. I want to farm my mats, not buy them. when i finally did enough runs to get all my 90 gear was a great feeling of accomplishment. i'd like to have that feeling again. I just feel they went too far in what they have done here. They are hurting a lot of people and benefiting a few with this. The ones they are benefiting really don't need it. Anyway that's my feelings on this.
  • BatWoman - Raging Tide
    BatWoman - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    At least they added rank IX gear ... ohh wait that's almost impossible to get w/o tokens.

I don't get it why they don't go all the way and add green TT mats for tokens ( and also rename the game TokenWorld ).

so now:
    *griniding sucks (way way less proffit from selling DQ now)
    *TT farming sucks (except on the bosses that drop useless mats anyway)
    *TW is only from fun now, no real reward (only for people who spend 4-5k $ to get 300k rep maybe)

Really hoped that this asian game wouldn't go this way, once pw claimed to be the only true free F2P game ...
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Okay Despite of all the complainings personally i like the new bosses cos they actually need you to move around and use skills to kill instead of macro spark with 5 aps bm.

So i've tried out the 3-x TTs and heres what i think really.

3-1 GBA boss: This boss aoe seal, max hp debuff, 1 shot aoe (with no damage just 1 shot), etc etc. I've tried the boss a couple times with a friend we didn't really have a proper tank just lv100 herc.

The boss doesn't really hit hard itself, and the seal + debuff etc doesn't really kill the lv100 herc neither (well it runs on the seal but doesn't really matter). And the aoe doesn't really do a lot damage neither, but the 1 shot skill and random aggro is pretty annoying.

So here's the trick, kill the 3 min djin boss first. Leave ur herc at beast room's door and run to the middle room. Heal through the wall, so it couldn't random aggro you. But the 1 shot skill will still hit through the wall. ALL newly added skill is un-interruptable EXCEPT for the 1 shot skill. I just throw myself there and interrupt that 1 shot skill with earthquake b:pleased I'm a kinda beefy cleric so i survive all the hits and random aggros but a bm or barb could easily do as well. The range DDs could hit through the wall as well melee DDs could go interrupt itb:victory if u can take care of urself and not die I suppose u could do this with barb + cleric heals as wellb:chuckle.

Or get 3 5aps bm and demon hf and drop it in 30 secs damn cashshopper still winsb:cry

tried it with lvl 91-100 squad, lvl 100 barb 2 bms 1 archer, 1 cleric, 1 wizzy
    failed 6 times.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    failed 6 times.

Get a second cleric. That's why you failed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there are squads w/o cleric and dont die, why they dont make it possible for average players to go with only one cleric?
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010

|Please just give facts, not your opinion, because everybody has one . The boss aggros through the wall , thats why you die in this set up If a second cleric solves this problem: test it video it and show us how please or else I'll just figure it's boasting and you're not really doing what you say you do.

Thank you
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    failed 6 times.

2 bms and 1 ep and you still failed so many times? b:sweatb
    Tell the bms to start learning how to play or quit the game.
    Bms have a sword skill called myriad sword stance. It's a debuff which reduces atk power on target by 50%, lasts 15 sec and has 30 sec cooldown. So 2 bms can easily keep the boss always under the debuff making bb from ep not needed anymore. But if the ep is lazy, he can just put bb on. Add myriad sword stance and the damage from the boss is cut to 1/4. Add absolute domain and invoke on barb for emergency and there's no way to pt wipe unless you're just really bad players
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    lokixz wrote: »
    2 bms and 1 ep and you still failed so many times? b:sweatb
    Tell the bms to start learning how to play or quit the game.
    Bms have a sword skill called myriad sword stance. It's a debuff which reduces atk power on target by 50%, lasts 15 sec and has 30 sec cooldown. So 2 bms can easily keep the boss always under the debuff making bb from ep not needed anymore. But if the ep is lazy, he can just put bb on. Add myriad sword stance and the damage from the boss is cut to 1/4. Add absolute domain and invoke on barb for emergency and there's no way to pt wipe unless you're just really bad players

Please demonstrate your awesomeness in video

kthnxbai b:bye