Tweaked Act III TT bosses?

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Last time I checked, it wasn't a requirement to use TT, Lunar or Nirvana gear. My barb is doing just fine with 2-3 star gear, a legendary weapon and saving a lot of money doing it.

Well, most people would like to get to a high level and farm instances for money. And believe me, you don't get invited to those runs unless you've got good gear.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Last time I checked, it wasn't a requirement to use TT, Lunar or Nirvana gear. My barb is doing just fine with 2-3 star gear, a legendary weapon and saving a lot of money doing it.

3 star is fine at your level but try doing anything close to end game without decent gears. especially as a barb... Delta with npc geared barb anyone? Not to mention you'll be an easy oneshot.... Of course theres exceptions for gears such as AA boots with phys resis+94x3, but usually you wont survive long end game without TT/Lunar/Nirvana.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

It's not a requirement, but most people would like it to at least be an option. Hard is fine, but it shouldn't feel close to impossible for the people who would most like to do the runs.

Also, you're level 64, so ...
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    here is the best part, if u have any plans on getting ur belt/100 cult done , now u cant, so guess u can just ask other pre patch players about the lands and skills, cuz now u can no longer get them
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010

You can't compete in high tier PvP with 2-3* gear, nor can you survive in high lvl instances without good gear. At lvl 64 the hardest thing you have is TT1-1 and it's pretty easy.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    here is the best part, if u have any plans on getting ur belt/100 cult done , now u cant, so guess u can just ask other pre patch players about the lands and skills, cuz now u can no longer get them

Explain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    at some point, and i forget when, the belt culti and acess to the higher oht lands required the killing of emperor, and have u tried it yet red? I know from your posts u have some great gear, but what about the people with average gear that wish to continue playing?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    at some point, and i forget when, the belt culti and acess to the higher oht lands required the killing of emperor, and have u tried it yet red? I know from your posts u have some great gear, but what about the people with average gear that wish to continue playing?

Ohhhhhhhh....ok I see.

TBH I have not tried it. I did if once after the 1st "nerf" and tbh I did not find it bad at all, but that's just me.

The new, like I said above, I am curious to try it out and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No, but I've heard from enough people in-faction to know that it's unrealistically hard now.

We already had a group in 3-3 and another in 3-2, so I decided to run a 3-1 for the lulz. Full squad, two EPs. We went through it without any real problems, however Beast was stunning, sealing, aoe debuffing... was hitting me for 4k magic while I was in BB. Steelation random aggro'd, sealed and AoEd... a little less difficult than Abaddon bosses. It wasn't all that hard for a full 10x party. I imagine it's going to be a nightmare for a high 8x to low 9x party to do though. I can't solo tank Beast on a charm anymore. This wasn't bad at all.

Read what experienced players are saying about 3-3 or ask in-faction when you can get in-game...

:o Aren't you the one that always QQed about it being too easy & how Old Lunar was nice :D Well now have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    first i doubt some of the people who complain did really kill the mobs and thought the aoe is no problem then got a nice surprise...

but if bosses are tricky now and they require skill instead of 5aps...
    learn to deal with them...
    purge them...
    cancel channeling...
    debuff their atk...
    purify the tank...

b:laugh
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well. atm i will try to run lower TTs to figure out easier versions of bosses

i did 3-1 beast (it already was kinda hard lol) and now i know what to do (i think) tho i will need run it one or two times to remember all ****

this boss, aggro randomly as usual, but he talks a lot now too

he also:

aoe purge prolly followed by aoe silence (if im not wrong)

aoe reduce hp (like 1/2 maybe?)

strong aoe dmg + aoe p.def debuff

extreme poison on tank mostly

that aoe dmg which will oneshot lots ppl is rarest

then is hp debuff and purge + silence

sometimes he randoms too

but he does that extreme poison thingy in a row.. (it s not aoe fortunately lol)

i wants sage purify =/

and worst is that this boss can do 'combos' of two different attacks sometimes and it s not fun to get silence when he deep poison tank..

he wont leave much space for mistakes in 3-3.. you can be sure of that..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    first i doubt some of the people who complain did really kill the mobs and thought the aoe is no problem then got a nice surprise...

purge them...
    cancel channeling...
    debuff their atk...
    purify the tank...

+10

Thank you, finally someone would rather look at what you need to do, not QQ about it is hard or impossible. I for one am glad they put some challenge back in the game, something that will seperate players from top to bottom. CS has made it possible for players to reach 5 aps and easy mode almost anything in the game. I too at 5 aps have been commenting to many of my friends that it does nothing but make me lazy, that being why I stopped Nirvana a while back. Lets see now, spark, hit for 13 secs, spark, hit for 13 secs. If the bosses are as hard as everyone says, I will be sitting there in TT's till I figure out a way to kill them.

Do I think they will keep it like this ? Nope, in time they will dumb it back down again so all can take the instances down.

Have I tried it myself ? Nope, but look forward to giving it a hell of a run tonight as soon as I get home.

Am I all for it ? Sure, if it brings back the need to play with skill and pay attention to what goes on with the boss.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, I "was" working towards getting all my TT99 gear. Guess, I'll have to back track and farm lunar for gold gear there.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    yeah is another one of my thoughts to behind why they did this.

everyone knows they are putting in money sinks, what better way then to force a 3 mil a run at your mats for lunar. make 3-3 next to impossible, then people will flock to an easier instances.
  • zeniaa
    zeniaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010

purge them...
    cancel channeling...
    debuff their atk...
    purify the tank...

sure reg go try it and tell us how it goes,and just to remind u ...to deal with this instances u NEED to have rly good gears and how u exactly gonna get those good gears if u cant finish even 1 run?someone mentioned that someone did 45 runs before he gets his first gold top drop(and yeah i know drop rate sucks )and how the f i am gonna do so many runs withthis new changes just to get 1 drop? no thanks i will simply not try at all,i got 101 ep ia m playing 1 year and half on this game and yet i havent managed to get me even 1 gold armor part?now u gonna say...are u trying everyday?are u doing many runs?are u running all day long hh runs till u get 1 drop?i have done in the past yes and only i got a poo drop but i am not doing it anymore coz they making this game that way so u HAVE to stay and play allllllll day long be an online gamer freak thats not geting off his chair even to pee....ur whole life to turns around of a game....sounds lame yeah? and to end this,this is a game suppose to be fun if we want stress we can find plenty and free in our real lives,so hire some experienced devs/mods and not some untrained monkeys and fix this game back before this game dies completly,and yes i know this is a bussiness for them and i agree but u gotta maintence ur bussiness corectly if u want it to keep sending u moneys right????right....for me they failed as bussiness man too,enough said rage is over and now at least i feel better >.>
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yea, this will definitely stop venos from farming 3-1 for the GBAs now :P I just finished a solo run and tried it out, died hahaha.

But yea, I'd be interested in trying for 3-1 beast with a full squad. Might be fun trying to deal with it's new difficulty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    3 star is fine at your level but try doing anything close to end game without decent gears. especially as a barb... Delta with npc geared barb anyone?

brb, tanking delta with NPC gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +10

Thank you, finally someone would rather look at what you need to do, not QQ about it is hard or impossible. I for one am glad they put some challenge back in the game

Said the level 101 5 APS BM. Maybe the solution should be to fix 5 APS BM's instead of "fixing" the instances so they're impractical for anyone else. As someone pointed out earlier, 3-1 is a level 88 instance. Yeah, it should probably be tough at level 88, but it shouldn't be so hard that you're better off saying **** it and buying your mats from all the level 101 BM's who can still manage it.

Bottom line is, this is yet another in a long string of "fixes" for something that was never broken. If you want 3-1 to be harder, take off half your gear. There, now it's harder. Enjoy.

You're level 101 with some of the best gear available in the game, doing an instance designed for people 13 levels below you. Of course it's easy. I'll bet FB19 is easy for you too, but I don't see many people suggesting (God forbid) that the FB19 bosses should do AOE's that 1-shot all the level 19's in your party just so it's more fun for level 101 fist BM's.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I am not disagreeing that 5 aps is broken. I think it is. But it is not exactly easy to obtain ( tho getting easier everyday it seems ) I also believe that many have pointed out that much of this is so a 5 aps can not just walk in and tank the instance, they would have to really play their class again, not just go kill mode. Meaning that they use their skills, utility that their class is suppose to have, and not pull aggro themselves.

If you want to fix the problem of buying from higher levels, have PWI do the same that so many other games have done, put in a TLC. ( trival loot code ) If anyone in the party is x levels above the mob, sorry no high end loot. Yes, there is normal loot, in this case green mats prehaps, but no gold for sure.

I also do not agree putting in impossible content for 3-1, maybe 3-2 tho much of this is needed for your TT99. A harder version of 3-1 should be in, as well as most of the TT's, but with a greater chance of reward for completing it. We all know the drop rate of mats, and how much it does blow, adjust that with the level of the content. Along with the mentioned above way to keep out farming, place lock outs on the bosses. Sure you can go into the instances, but the bosses would be locked out for set time frame to keep from an overflow from those that are able to complete the instance.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No, but I've heard from enough people in-faction to know that it's unrealistically hard now.

We already had a group in 3-3 and another in 3-2, so I decided to run a 3-1 for the lulz. Full squad, two EPs. We went through it without any real problems, however Beast was stunning, sealing, aoe debuffing... was hitting me for 4k magic while I was in BB. Steelation random aggro'd, sealed and AoEd... a little less difficult than Abaddon bosses. It wasn't all that hard for a full 10x party. I imagine it's going to be a nightmare for a high 8x to low 9x party to do though. I can't solo tank Beast on a charm anymore. This wasn't bad at all.
    Basically what they were trying to do here is make it so that high levels could not over farm these instances so easily with small squads of very well geared people. The problem is making it hard for that group of people effectively makes it impossible for average people to stand a chance.
    Exactly. By tuning the instance so it's challenging for level 100s w/ gear they acquired when it was easy to do, they've made it impossible for level 8x-9x working their way up. In essence, they've created a situation where lower level people are forced to buy from the level 100+ farmers. Precisely the opposite of what people have been asking for.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Said the level 101 5 APS BM. Maybe the solution should be to fix 5 APS BM's instead of "fixing" the instances so they're impractical for anyone else. As someone pointed out earlier, 3-1 is a level 88 instance. Yeah, it should probably be tough at level 88, but it shouldn't be so hard that you're better off saying **** it and buying your mats from all the level 101 BM's who can still manage it.

Bottom line is, this is yet another in a long string of "fixes" for something that was never broken. If you want 3-1 to be harder, take off half your gear. There, now it's harder. Enjoy.

You're level 101 with some of the best gear available in the game, doing an instance designed for people 13 levels below you. Of course it's easy. I'll bet FB19 is easy for you too, but I don't see many people suggesting (God forbid) that the FB19 bosses should do AOE's that 1-shot all the level 19's in your party just so it's more fun for level 101 fist BM's.

This so many times over.

I mean, I'm a 90 archer with about 4k hp. How the heck am I or a similarly geared squad (have tt90 already) supposed to do something this ridiculous? It's for lower levels, why should we be punished? It seems I hate 5APS and what it does to the game more and more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceWolf_Fang - Heavens Tear
    IceWolf_Fang - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Ive come to damn far to get all these damn maps open to stop now b:angry
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know this thread fits far better in dungeons&tactics section, but I wish it stayed in general a bit longer--this is concerning recent patch news and more people are going to go into TT and be very very surprised at the difficulty...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Erm, it took 6 of some of the best gear'd cash shoppers on my server to kill Armageddon in 3-3 this morning. :/

I have no chance in hell of beating that.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I haven't had the *pleasure* to try the new instances, however by the looks of it..isn't it just a flashback of Harpy Wraith? He does a debuff..HUGE aoe damage..1-2 shots the tank then everyone else, could wipe entire guilds in 1 shot.

Yea..then people practiced, and now Harpy can be killed by 2 people.

Wouldn't this be something to just practice and see what you need to do to live/kill the boss?

Like TheDan said earlier, he was able to kill Steelation by debuffing the boss and kiting whenever needed, you just need to figure out what to do and when by practicing, and eventually it's gonna be a piece of cake.

Yea surely..it's **** that this happened..really hurts low levels and even high levels as well, but it's not like it's the end of TT farming lol.

Like Rawthorne said earlier as well, when he was able to purify in time the guy lived? Something like that.
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I haven't had the *pleasure* to try the new instances, however by the looks of it..isn't it just a flashback of Harpy Wraith? He does a debuff..HUGE aoe damage..1-2 shots the tank then everyone else, could wipe entire guilds in 1 shot.

Yea..then people practiced, and now Harpy can be killed by 2 people.

Wouldn't this be something to just practice and see what you need to do to live/kill the boss?

Like TheDan said earlier, he was able to kill Steelation by debuffing the boss and kiting whenever needed, you just need to figure out what to do and when by practicing, and eventually it's gonna be a piece of cake.

Yea surely..it's **** that this happened..really hurts low levels and even high levels as well, but it's not like it's the end of TT farming lol.

Like Rawthorne said earlier as well, when he was able to purify in time the guy lived? Something like that.

harpy wraith is way easier
    cuz you can have 2348348203 people help you.
    3242234 wbs to cancel
    324324 ep to heal
    234234 dds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
    edited August 2010
    Or instead..you can read FULLY what I said, and then you might notice that I said Harpy can be done with 2 people b:bye
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Or instead..you can read FULLY what I said, and then you might notice that I said Harpy can be done with 2 people b:bye

2 nixes bleed run

anyways
    what i meant was
    there is limit to people in hh but not limit to wb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
    edited August 2010
    Yea I realized that, and it makes sense, but it would be a valid thing to say towards this topic, if Harpy was not able to be killed without XXX amount of people. I was pointing out the simplicity of him even though months before he could not be killed by a full guild..then people tried different ways to kill him, and now its easy. Same could be done with the new TT system. Didn't take Dan long to kill steelation.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yeah, agree that QQ is too early

ppl encounter totaly new, harder bosses and cry that they died

lol what did u expect? =.=

some friend inv me to 3 ppl squad as 2nd cler to help on empe today. we died 2 or 3 times and they got frustrated already and quit.

no chance to learn what he says even.. not to mention any his patterns or tricks b:surrender
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282