Tweaked Act III TT bosses?

Comments

• vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    -- The only explanation that i find for this is that all those mats will be on sale next week ..

- It's the poor player who generally farms these mats because they need them or they need some coin, and it's the rich player who just buys them with their allmighty zen so where are the mats gonna come from now? CS!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh they play the game, just on their lvl 105s with admin weapon and full rank 9 ^_^. It can't be that much harder, they still one shot all the bosses. Stop being n00b michael. :O

They're not even really playing the game. They're horrible like hyper oracle nubs who even bypassed the hyper oracles.

Like I said, they look at the interface, they push a few buttons, but they don't actually play the game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They're not even really playing the game. They're horrible like hyper oracle nubs who even bypassed the hyper oracles.

Like I said, they look at the interface, they push a few buttons, but they don't actually play the game.

Have you tried 3-3 yet? Lol...

Maybe I look at things differently, but the only thing that I keep thinking of is when the server was still a toddler. The people who did the first HH's I am sure felt like how people here are feeling...Dunno, this just keeps popping in my head.

And for those that say the drop rate blows? You all got spoiled with 2x's. The drop rate is normal, you should not be handed your gear. Hell I know one barb who did 47 runs of 3-3 before getting his FIRST top gold. You just have to do it if you want is bad enough. It should not be as easy as dble drops...and 3-1 has always had a low drop rate. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2010
    Have you tried 3-3 yet? Lol...

Maybe I look at things differently, but the only thing that I keep thinking of is when the server was still a toddler. The people who did the first HH's I am sure felt like how people here are feeling...Dunno, this just keeps popping in my head.

No, but I've heard from enough people in-faction to know that it's unrealistically hard now.

We already had a group in 3-3 and another in 3-2, so I decided to run a 3-1 for the lulz. Full squad, two EPs. We went through it without any real problems, however Beast was stunning, sealing, aoe debuffing... was hitting me for 4k magic while I was in BB. Steelation random aggro'd, sealed and AoEd... a little less difficult than Abaddon bosses. It wasn't all that hard for a full 10x party. I imagine it's going to be a nightmare for a high 8x to low 9x party to do though. I can't solo tank Beast on a charm anymore. This wasn't bad at all.

Read what experienced players are saying about 3-3 or ask in-faction when you can get in-game...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Read what experienced players are saying about 3-3 or ask in-faction when you can get in-game...

Was curious...may not be on tonight will see, have plans.

Thanks mucho Michael b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Was curious...may not be on tonight will see, have plans.

Thanks mucho Michael b:cute

Read Jame's account of what 3-3 did to Kage.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    3-2 and 3-3 on the other hand... I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard from enough people that I regularly squad with that it's a nightmare.

And just to clarify for people who might not know, the people he regularly squads with aren't exactly running around in HH90 gear. He's in the strongest faction on the server and pals around with some of the best-geared players we have. If they can't do it, I shudder to think how my squads will do.

3-1 sounds like good luck farming your own gear now. I bought every GBA I could find for under 400k this morning. I'm assuming I'm going to make a bundle off my investment, even though I might feel lousy about doing it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Read Jame's account of what 3-3 did to Kage.

Checking now...sounds epic b:chuckle

EDIT--> ROFL wtf O.o...although I would have loved to hear Kage Rage :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ginrai - Heavens Tear
    Ginrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can someone who has tried this since the update post some details on exactly how the bosses have changed? I've heard a lot about random agro - if all the bosses random agro despite a barb's best efforts to flesh ream/roar/generally do everything he can to keep agro - then what is the point of having a barb around? You may as well just have a cleric and a load of DDs sitting inside BB hitting it.

If anyone has tried these and can post anything about which bosses do what new effects and what's necessary to beat them it would be most appreciated :)

Thanks!
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can someone who has tried this since the update post some details on exactly how the bosses have changed? I've heard a lot about random agro - if all the bosses random agro despite a barb's best efforts to flesh ream/roar/generally do everything he can to keep agro - then what is the point of having a barb around? You may as well just have a cleric and a load of DDs sitting inside BB hitting it.

If anyone has tried these and can post anything about which bosses do what new effects and what's necessary to beat them it would be most appreciated :)

Thanks!

I've heard that they wipe squads with +10-12 gears so I'm guessing nothing will really be possible. Wipe as in 1-2shot.b:cry Still going to try myself in a bit with my +5 armours b:surrender
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just did a 3-1 and to be honest considering its a level 88 instance...beast and steelation are ubsurd.

Basically what they were trying to do here is make it so that high levels could not over farm these instances so easily with small squads of very well geared people. The problem is making it hard for that group of people effectively makes it impossible for average people to stand a chance.

So yeah as things stand now these changes seem quite ridiculous. The only reasons I can think of for them making these changes is to

A. Make people take full squads out of necessity, as well as have to make use of barbs over bms to tank.

B. Make things more challenging for higher level more well geared players.

C. This is mostly a theory, but I remember seeing alot of rumors about plans in the future for the squad size to be increased to 10. If they do end up doing this in the future then these changes that they made now will not be nearly as bad as they are now...since obviously things need to be rebalanced if your going to increase squad sizes to be more difficult.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I feel bad for anyone that doesn't have their TT90 yet, especially a DD.
    A. Make people take full squads out of necessity, as well as have to make use of barbs over bms to tank.

From what I understand no point having a barb try to tank now that every boss random aggros constantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I am not a 3-3 girl..wore it out long ago, but I am WAY curious now and want to run one b:chuckle

More for the lulz b:victory

I know...I am crazy, but any challenge is better then none b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    I am not a 3-3 girl..wore it out long ago, but I am WAY curious now and want to run one b:chuckle

More for the lulz b:victory

I know...I am crazy, but any challenge is better then none b:cute
    I want to try another 3-3 run now as well, only problem is finding people that

A. will go even with all the bosses on steroids

B. Are able to handle the bosses being on steroids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think it's fair to say that the developers who are currently working on PW don't actually play the game. It's like they were looking at things that bosses and mobs do and decide to throw the kitchen sink at them without actually considering what they do gameplay-wise.

If you were here for the old game... it was really designed quite brilliantly. Cohesive, relatively balanced... then they nurfed frost and lunar... now they're making 3-2 and 3-3 harder than old Lunar? That doesn't make any sense.

It's clear that when the old developers left, the marketing department hired code-hacking monkies to do whatever they tell them to do without any ramifications as to how that would actually alter gameplay.

The blanket changes to Nirvana, the alterations to TW and now the 'fine tuning' to HH is just proof they have no clue what they're doing and that none of them have actually played the game. Judging by how the interface has been changed, you can tell the actually load the game up and look at it. But you can tell they really don't play it at all.
    ^
    you have such good posts :) the game was so much fun at first but has steadily gone in the trash in the last year. i used to look forward to maint. hoping for new fashion b:cute now i cringe at what awful things they will bestow on us.
    the game i played before PWI went through the same sort of changes. GM's stating they have their hands tied and can do nothing. Devs making wild changes yet fixing nothing that is broken. while i won't say the name of previous game, it is no longer available to be played and the people who spent $30k+ have only ss's to show for their money.
    i think that 95% of the people still playing are only here because of the friends they have in game. pretty sad when a game has no content that is keeping people addicted.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    B. Are able to handle the bosses being on steroids.

^ This. I love a challenge. Makes me a better player imo if you can figure things out that may or may not be ideal.

Also, what is there to lose? People kept saying the game was too easy anyways. Although bosses smacking you for 30-50k when they used to deal 1-2k (maybe this) = kind of nuts b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So much for farming my Cleric's TT90 on next 2x drop...Didn't see this coming.
    I'd much prefer if they left 3-1 alone, TT90 isn't even end game and it's super hard to farm now. -_-
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't know for steelation, but from what i've heard GBA boss now:

-Random aggroes
    -AOEs for damage
    -AOE debuffs and reduces max hp
    -Stuns
    -Seals
    -Hits like the bullet train of Germany (used to hit like a truck)

So now 3-x is pretty much impossible for anyone who doesn't have at least a gold charm and at least +7 gear? and yeah what's the point on having a barb around if the boss will keep up random aggro? as has been said in this thread, i really REALLY feel sorry for people who still doesn't have their TT90 gear, for this change will make it impossible to obtain, specially for DDs

Upgrading the difficulty so it's not so easy to farm is ok, however this was not just moving the switch from medium to hard, this was making a near-godly boss that only people with lvl 100+ and insane gear can do
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    3-x is like :(
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So...HH day is going to be fun. Party full of people with less than decent gear...who knows nothing about HH usually...4 hour time limit and random aggro+amp. Woooo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If they wanted to stop the people from farming the instances then they should have done something based on damage done to the boss by multiple people ---> effects the drop rate.

/end problem
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I feel this adequately summarizes the new 3-X.

aa01b783eaa2d549d3b425edfccc8b0c.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010

+1

I laughed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010

b:chuckle Maiya
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Glad I just hit level 100 and have 0.2%, so nothing for me to lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone if/how TT3-2 was effected?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    they forgot to make the beast boss aoe sleep too b:chuckle it does everything else b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Someone noted about 3-2's Twilight Emperor a bit ago. It seals, and does a metal AoE like the dinos of Warsong (but much stronger). It did 5k to our cleric and like 6800 to me. Our party decided to just leave after Emperor since we were just testing to see the claims.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They forgot to add in AOE death as well. Doesn't deal damage, it just says "you have died"

I heard similar reports about emp in 3-2. Minister is apparently the same as always. Beast and steelation are probably on steroids i would imagine in there...if it follows the trend that is.
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Last time I checked, it wasn't a requirement to use TT, Lunar or Nirvana gear. My barb is doing just fine with 2-3 star gear, a legendary weapon and saving a lot of money doing it.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time