Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah, they wan to kill off the game for all but those with deep pockets, and the hell with those of us who live hand to mouth in the real world and come here for a bit of exscape, and a little happiness.
    squab wrote: »
    The GM's Killed Grinding.
    They Killed TW.
    Now they killed farming HH
    See a pattern?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    20% decrease I don't even care about. Do you know how I get ALL my coins? I grind and sell DQ items to npcs. This hits me the hardest and I don't even care.

You can npc the mirages.

Holy hall does not exist in PWI.

150 mirages for lowest grade of land = 1.5m instead of 10m

nuff said.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No one has reported trying to do the bosses with or without mobs in 3-2 and 3-3.

As for this frenzy theory... 3-3 does not play by that. Not killing mobs in 3-3 just results in the boss hitting everyone 50kish each. Although it was interesting because it registers as double digits in the damage log.
    ^Page 40
    I haven't tried 3-1 since the change. However, the kill mob quest does affect 3-3. I went on a BH run (Dark Colluseast 3-3) yesterday without killing a single mob and the boss hits for 50k each. We killed the proper amount, and the boss was not doing 50k hits.
    ^Page 49

As for doing the boss in 3-3. I've had more success with two clerics, alternating in BB and occasionally absolute domaining his seal+purge. However, it is still high failure rate as the boss's attacks seem to be completely random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Holy hall does not exist in PWI.

Actually it does, it's called Twilight Temple. It's the same place. It exists.

You ever use slang or address someone by a nickname?

You ever go farm mats or herbs in Heaven or Hell? Oh wait, they don't exist in PWI.

Nomenclature **** are like a step lower than Grammar ****. My only pet peeve is when someone is insulting another with improper language, e.g., "your an idiot". Otherwise I could care les if you use ur your or you're... I just find it odd when someone is demeaning the intelligence of another with bad grammar. lol

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's called Twilight Temple, not holy hall you just said it yourself. I come from the PW version that did call it HH, I still won't refer to it as that because this is not that version.

They are certainly not heaven or hell. I refer to them as the sage and demon realms. More accurate without needing to use the real names since I'm not directly naming them, just referring to what they essentialy are, while heaven and hell are directly naming them.

I wonder what the result of the test will be.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who the hell cares how it's called? it's the same thing just different names.
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A full day GMs had to test and still nothing further? Hello, care for an update?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.

Like the other 1800+ post thread? Really? We gonna do this again?
    What's the point? Players will find a way to get around it eventually.
    If they can't, they'll drop it.

In conclusion:
    Lunar; No worky
    TT; nerfed
    grinding; nerfed

CS; still available, not worth it
    WQ; still available, not worth it

FC; nerfed for drops; about to be changed since hypers

long live BH!; Nirvana ! ; Cube !; Rebirth ! or did I miss something?

b:surrender
  • Tsunamin - Heavens Tear
    Tsunamin - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah they went in with their GM gear cause they don't even know how to walk in game since they never play...

Results....

They went in and did 10mil damage to the boss, he died... they got no drops...

Conclusion

They're not gonna fix it, they are going to keep feeding us B/S and giving us threads for us to vent in until we all quit or cash shop our way to victory
    b:surrender

BTW is it me or do the GM's seem to listen to the minority of players as oppose the the majority? (Frankie said "some of you managed to complete it")

To a certain few, let's not brown nose too much [names of a few peeps whom I won't say] it's not like they're gonna give you free zen for getting your nose dirty. If you completed it Frap it otherwise it never happened.
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where did the QQers go? Seriously only 500 posts in this thread? Compared to 2k posts in the anniversary pack thread lolz.
    Did all the people quit, or don't care about farming 3-x anymore??

And yes, at above poster, they won't fix it, unless they decide to fix in PW-CN, but this won't happen, they want to drain coinage circulation, and this is a one stone two birds, people can't farm for profit, plus, there are less interval gear (2 HA/LA gold hh99), so less farming, in the end more cash shopping.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where did the QQers go? Seriously only 500 posts in this thread? Compared to 2k posts in the anniversary pack thread lolz.
    Did all the people quit, or don't care about farming 3-x anymore??

And yes, at above poster, they won't fix it, unless they decide to fix in PW-CN, but this won't happen, they want to drain coinage circulation, and this is a one stone two birds, people can't farm for profit, plus, there are less interval gear (2 HA/LA gold hh99), so less farming, in the end more cash shopping.

Well, don't forget about all these:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817142

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=824272

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=822032

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=818662

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=826432

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=832802

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=830082

...to cite just a few of the many
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3-3 is fine. I solo healed it quite a few times and tanked Collu as a barb with a single cleric healing me as well. A few squishes died yes, but hey, bring 5 def charms the next time around and you'll be just fine.

Barbs that cry they got one shotted and/or refuse to do it without 2 clerics, do a barrel roll. There's this thing called invoke, ToP, AD, IG or Tranq orb for when you get debuffed and purged. Clerics also have this thing called Wings of Protection. Any combination of the above is enough to give the cleric the time to rebuff and get the IH stacks back up. I mean it's supposed to be a bh for levels 100+ and as such, I for one welcome the change as it makes the instance a bit more challenging and makes me more involved than simply standing in a corner spamming IH till the boss drops.

From what I understand the problem here is that the mob counter is simply bugged in 3-1 and 3-1 only. Purge, hp debuff and stun are the INTENDED behavior reflecting the new changes. 15k aoe is NOT. If the 3-1 collu keeps spamming the aoe even AFTER meeting the mob kill count IT IS BUGGED AND NEEDS FIXING. Not even 3-2 and 3-3 bosses AOE after the mob requirement is met.

RedsRose said this 30 pages back. Lrn2comprehend.

And the 4 hour limit should be shoved up the devs ****, for reasons already mentioned earlier.

Oh and P.S.

To the 5aps QQer(s) that are used to soloing 3-3 for a quick buck and now can't - cry me a river.

To the 5apsers that still can solo 3-3 for a quick buck - marry me! I giff you secksi time foot rubs.
    b:dirty
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3-3 is fine. I solo healed it quite a few times and tanked Collu as a barb with a single cleric healing me as well. A few squishes died yes, but hey, bring 5 def charms the next time around and you'll be just fine.

Barbs that cry they got one shotted and/or refuse to do it without 2 clerics, do a barrel roll. There's this thing called invoke, ToP, AD, IG or Tranq orb for when you get debuffed and purged. Clerics also have this thing called Wings of Protection. Any combination of the above is enough to give the cleric the time to rebuff and get the IH stacks back up. I mean it's supposed to be a bh for levels 100+ and as such, I for one welcome the change as it makes the instance a bit more challenging and makes me more involved than simply standing in a corner spamming IH till the boss drops.

From what I understand the problem here is that the mob counter is simply bugged in 3-1 and 3-1 only. Purge, hp debuff and stun are the INTENDED behavior reflecting the new changes. 15k aoe is NOT. If the 3-1 collu keeps spamming the aoe even AFTER meeting the mob kill count IT IS BUGGED AND NEEDS FIXING. Not even 3-2 and 3-3 bosses AOE after the mob requirement is met.

RedsRose said this 30 pages back. Lrn2comprehend.

And the 4 hour limit should be shoved up the devs ****, for reasons already mentioned earlier.

Oh and P.S.

To the 5aps QQer(s) that are used to soloing 3-3 for a quick buck and now can't - cry me a river.

To the 5apsers that still can solo 3-3 for a quick buck - marry me! I giff you secksi time foot rubs.

Cool story bro, and what about emperor and illusion lord in 3-3 for non nirvana+10 squads?
  • Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I mean it's supposed to be a bh for levels 100+ and as such, I for one welcome the change as it makes the instance a bit more challenging and makes me more involved than simply standing in a corner spamming IH till the boss drops.

I think you need to rethink this single-track mentality. It's not JUST a BH for lvl100+...people below level 100 need to go into TT3-2 and 3-3- as well at some point. Otherwise it wouldn't be called TT99 gear, it'd be called TT100+ gear...and I don't know about you but I believe a good 80-90% of players on the game try to collect parts of their gear BEFORE they reach the level to use it, so they CAN use it when they reach that level.

Let us think of everyone, and not just our certain groups shall we?
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually it does, it's called Twilight Temple. It's the same place. It exists.

You ever use slang or address someone by a nickname?

You ever go farm mats or herbs in Heaven or Hell? Oh wait, they don't exist in PWI.

Nomenclature **** are like a step lower than Grammar ****. My only pet peeve is when someone is insulting another with improper language, e.g., "your an idiot". Otherwise I could care les if you use ur your or you're... I just find it odd when someone is demeaning the intelligence of another with bad grammar. lol

b:bye

HH/WB/EP/WF etc only exist in HL/LC servers cuz ppl there cant learn new terms in 2 years i meanWC> wtb hp hiero lol...
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How does removing the 4hour time limit help? Seriously how? In what way?
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cool story bro, and what about emperor and illusion lord in 3-3 for non nirvana+10 squads?

Emperor got a bit trickier but he's doable. I'll admit to it needing a 2nd cleric and a bit of improvisation but he can be defeated.

Illusion lord well.. yeah you got a point there xD
    I think you need to rethink this single-track mentality. It's not JUST a BH for lvl100+...people below level 100 need to go into TT3-2 and 3-3- as well at some point. Otherwise it wouldn't be called TT99 gear, it'd be called TT100+ gear...and I don't know about you but I believe a good 80-90% of players on the game try to collect parts of their gear BEFORE they reach the level to use it, so they CAN use it when they reach that level.

Let us think of everyone, and not just our certain groups shall we?

Actually, TT 3-3 requires the squad leader to be lvl100 in order to be opened. So no, it is NOT intended for people below level 100.
    TT 1-1 is intended for people level 60 and up. You can bring a level 20 along, but that doesn't mean it'll do you much good. In the same vein, having a level 90 along with +0 gear in 3-3 won't be of much use either. Deal with it.

Nowhere does it say you must have an entire TT99 set ready when you ding 99. Heck, most 100s I know still do not have their full tt99 sets and are still farming TT 3-2/3-3, even after the patch, just fine.

I will agree with lady gaga up there though that emperor might be a bit over the top for most average squads, and illusion lord IS pretty much impossible now yeah. At least I can't think of a way to tackle him xD

Any input from our fellow uber geared LC ppl on Arma lord? b:surrender
    b:dirty
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay. Just attempted Beast in 3-1. Party was myself, 100 veno, 94 wiz, 92 barb, 88 BM, and 89 archer. Barb was tanking.

We got it down to about 50% HP before he random aggroed onto me and killed me. Rest of the party died then. I think if I wasn't so close to him, we wouldn't have died and would probably have killed him if we didn't get stupendously unlucky with like a combo of Jewels AOE + HP debuff + my charm on cooldown.

But seriously...it really sucks now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We spoke with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

I lost track of this thread for a few days, and now it's too out of control for me to catch up fully, so I apologize in advance if someone already brought this up.

The thing that makes me laugh the hardest about this comment is, if you remember back a few weeks ago when the timer was originally added, people were begging to have it removed and nothing happened. Now we have a problem that for the most part isn't really solved by removing the timer and they suddenly figured out how to remove it. WTF?

FWIW, I do think removing the timer is a positive change (I even suggested it way back near the beginning of the thread). I just think it's perhaps not enough. It's nice to have the option of running over 4 hours if something goes wrong and you unexpectedly need to, but who wants that to be the norm? I already mostly avoid Rebirths and 3-3's because they take more time than I want to set aside in one block.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We spoke with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

Remove Entirely? Or Lengthen it?

Cause if you remove it entirely, you're just going to have NIrvana +10s saving the instance like the old problem & making a fortune while the normal people still dont get the problem solved.

Congrats, you fixed the problem for the farmers but not for the people that need it fixed. You got it **** backwards!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

---

Update

We've spoken with the devs and they've agreed to remove the 4 hour time limit from TT.

---

Update 2 (8-20-2010)

in regards to RedsRose post

We'll test this, and if it turns out to work the way you've described (meaning that the boss acts the same way regardless of kill count), we'll submit this to the devs and see what's going on.

*taps finger* b:angry
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Timer removed to stop the rage?

Well, it's fine if it's done while you solve the problem, and not as a solution. I guess...

Haven't been there yet, need more level and so. But I doubt that having more time is enough to kill this enhanced boss.

Oh noes! Now that I think of it, looks like bosses are learning to use Credit Cards!

=O_O=
    [insert sig here]
  • bibbibi
    bibbibi Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Update 2 (8-20-2010)

in regards to RedsRose post

We'll test this, and if it turns out to work the way you've described (meaning that the boss acts the same way regardless of kill count), we'll submit this to the devs and see what's going on.

Please test it wearing TT80 armor set as it was ment to be. refines around +3
    3-1 was ment to be farmed by level 90 people wearing 80 equips, farming for 90 set
    Seeing people around level 100 saying they completed it although it was hard means nothing, you're 100 ofcourse you're supposed to do it
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Give them more time to test. They don't work on weekends.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMFAO!
    You honestly think the 4 hour timer will help with this? LMFAO again!

It wouldn't take anywhere near 4 hours to complete a TT anyways, it's either you get it done in a few tries or you don't. Simple as that. Like come on..that means you spend what..45 minutes on one boss? Sorry..just doesn't happen.

Something better to do would be to REDUCE THE DIFFICULTY OF BOSSES..

You completely ignored what people were saying and changed something that once again, didn't need to be changed. The removal of the 4 hour limit will simply help the OP players gain more money..wait..those OP players are cash shoppers..ding ding ding!

Another fail for you guys..
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMFAO!
    You honestly think the 4 hour timer will help with this? LMFAO again!

It wouldn't take anywhere near 4 hours to complete a TT anyways, it's either you get it done in a few tries or you don't. Simple as that. Like come on..that means you spend what..45 minutes on one boss? Sorry..just doesn't happen.

Something better to do would be to REDUCE THE DIFFICULTY OF BOSSES..

You completely ignored what people were saying and changed something that once again, didn't need to be changed. The removal of the 4 hour limit will simply help the OP players gain more money..wait..those OP players are cash shoppers..ding ding ding!

Another fail for you guys..

^^^^ agreed with everything you said but of course they arent going to listen to a average player they only will listen to the CSers that say they can do it..
    was talking to some 100+ people today average players not heavy CSer that did a 3-2 yesterday everyone in the squad but the barb 102 and a sin 103 were able to survive ans they just barely survived >.> so all i can say is thanks for **** over the average player b:surrender and making the CSers even more rich and able to manipulate AH prices
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taxi - Lost City
    Taxi - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^^^^ agreed with everything you said but of course they arent going to listen to a average player they only will listen to the CSers that say they can do it..
    was talking to some 100+ people today average players not heavy CSer that did a 3-2 yesterday everyone in the squad but the barb 102 and a sin 103 were able to survive ans they just barely survived >.> so all i can say is thanks for **** over the average player b:surrender and making the CSers even more rich and able to manipulate AH prices

Lol, since when Sanctuary have a sin 103?

Making up stories? next time check rankings
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    She didn't say which server she was talking with people.
    It's quite easy to pm people on forums here..make a level 1 character on LC and talk to them as well xP
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I done a 3-2 money run afew nights ago with just 4 of us, veno, 5aps bm, me, and cleric all 100+. And omg lol, was easy sailing 'til we reached emp (skipped steel - **** drops). I swear I'd rather tank world bosses than that, least you can see when they are gunna turn and 1 shot. Emp 1 shotted the bm and veno without even twitching. And emp now deals magic damage too lol, found that out the hard way.

But seriously, 3-2 is what? Lvl 96+? I'd love to see how the average Joe in his mid to high 90s is supposed to farm his green mats, or even do their chrono/culti.

And removing the 4 hour timer? How will that possibly help people? How many people have the time to sit for over 4 hours on a game, for little chance of rewards or getting what they need?

As for bosses being in constant frenzy because the kill count is broken, don't bosses just 1 shot you if u don't kill enough mobs?

At this moment I'd be ashamed to be associated working with PW. Aren't u yet GM's? Can't wait 'til GW2 comes out...b:bye
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I done a 3-2 money run afew nights ago with just 4 of us, veno, 5aps bm, me, and cleric all 100+. And omg lol, was easy sailing 'til we reached emp (skipped steel - **** drops). I swear I'd rather tank world bosses than that, least you can see when they are gunna turn and 1 shot. Emp 1 shotted the bm and veno without even twitching. And emp now deals magic damage too lol, found that out the hard way.

But seriously, 3-2 is what? Lvl 96+? I'd love to see how the average Joe in his mid to high 90s is supposed to farm his green mats, or even do their chrono/culti.

And removing the 4 hour timer? How will that possibly help people? How many people have the time to sit for over 4 hours on a game, for little chance of rewards or getting what they need?

As for bosses being in constant frenzy because the kill count is broken, don't bosses just 1 shot you if u don't kill enough mobs?

At this moment I'd be ashamed to be associated working with PW. Aren't u yet GM's? Can't wait 'til GW2 comes out...b:bye

Or you skipped some mobs or your party sucks, this week I did allot 3-2 and 3-3 Emperors and no problems in killing it.
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
This discussion has been closed.