Twilight Temple Discussion

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The 3-x runs are currently just bugged, I don't think it was intentional that they got so beefy. I heard from someone today that someone went in and tested it, and the only reason they hit so hard is the quest to kill mobs doesn't affect them currently.

Someone went in and attacked a boss without killing any mobs, and then came back and cleared the whole place, and got hit for the same thing, on the same boss.
    So the bosses are currently perma-frenzy'd.
    Should be fixed before long.... or never =.=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The 3-x runs are currently just bugged, I don't think it was intentional that they got so beefy. I heard from someone today that someone went in and tested it, and the only reason they hit so hard is the quest to kill mobs doesn't affect them currently.

Someone went in and attacked a boss without killing any mobs, and then came back and cleared the whole place, and got hit for the same thing, on the same boss.

I haven't tried 3-1 since the change. However, the kill mob quest does affect 3-3. I went on a BH run (Dark Colluseast 3-3) yesterday without killing a single mob and the boss hits for 50k each. We killed the proper amount, and the boss was not doing 50k hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • too123
    too123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    pls need a GM inthe cube ppl are being killled soon as the get in the dog to teleport or do anything i was killed soon as i pop'ed in pls do something about it
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i'm getting a little tired of u guys who say learn ur toon and how to play. i know i'm not the greatest player out there but until this have nvr had a problem i couldn't overcome. there's is more to it than that. despite what my join date says i really started playing 1 dec 2009. i have nvr hypered done all my quests and worked very hard to get where i am. done my best to keep gear and skills appropriate for my lvl. i started doing 3-3 at lvl 91. died a bit the 1st few times in learning how to handle bosses but now with the added difficulty and especially the speed that the various purges debuffs stuns and aoe come at u it's almost impossible to overcome. prices on mats are already going up a lot and soon only heavy cs shoppers and greedy merchants will have anything. the balance between them and regular players is gone. i expect things to get harder as we go up in lvl but this is a crazy jump in difficulty. losing a lot of our ability to make coin ingame is not helping in the least. figure out how much tt99 gear mats cost for all of them and think how long it will take to save that much coin when u can't make coins in game as well as we used to. shouldn't have to set up another box to merchant 24/7 to enjoy this game. put so much into this game and am now very frustrated and depressed about my ability to progress further.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've played this game longer than the date shown on the forum avatar. Managed to get my veno rank 6 (farmed since 4x) and to 98, archer to 94 and a sin to 51 all without a single hyper stone used. The only oracles used were the ones provided by the quests.

Seriously, mashing keyboard buttons = skills? I can imagine it now when you go for your job interview and the interviewer asks you what skills you have. 'Ehm I can kill the big badazz bosses in TT3-2 and 3-3. Sure you're so going to get that job, NOT.

You want to talk about skills? Go take up a computer programming class, learn how to rock climb, windsurf. Those take practice and skills, not mashing buttons on a keyboard. Just because you can mash those buttons faster and better doesn't make you more skillful in the game than someone who can't. There's always lag to consider because not everyone have the same latency in internet speeds.

P/s last post in this dumb game and forum because regardless what we say or do, no one's listening or doing anything. Btw Kupuntu, PW CN had the changes not long before PWI got it I think. According to the date of their posts, its apparently quite recent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    P/s last post in this dumb game and forum because regardless what we say or do, no one's listening or doing anything. Btw Kupuntu, PW CN had the changes not long before PWI got it I think. According to the date of their posts, its apparently quite recent.

Thank you. Let's just hope at least their QQ is listened; pretty sure it is at least a bit.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • elmwman
    elmwman Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    One thing that people agreeing to this nonsense don't get is that pwi
    is using the gold farming excuse.
    The people that mostly ruin this game with farming is the ones that have donated a lot to get their pro gear, so now they can tank any **** and sell the drops.

In the past TT was farmed to actually get the gears and maybe sell mats to refine.
    Now it leaves the ones needing the gear not being able to find a squad to go do it
    and the ones who got everything they need farming it either cause of bh or cause not many can.Seen worthless TT weapons sell for 70m while in previous servers that didnt have those packs and patches no one really would pay so much for it, since everyone was able to farm once they reached the needed level for it.
    And seen pw-my mentioned before, Pw-my got ruined when packs started coming.
    Sure for a gold mat would take many runs but at least you could do it.

If you want to get rid of gold farming remove the packs, the ready equips, have people actually farm to keep the mats and not sell them.
    With tw salary removed and DQ thing(which DQ vendor helped only noobs with upgrading skills really, never seen high level farming for DQ to get rich) gold price will stay price and people will be able to get some equips
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i'm getting a little tired of u guys who say learn ur toon and how to play.

Learn spelling and how to capitalize.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Learn spelling and how to capitalize.

Lrn2notgrammarnazi
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkShadowI - Sanctuary
    DarkShadowI - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hahahahahaha, I cant stop laughing. What a slap in the face. The Gm's have spoken to the Dev's and they agreed to take away the time limit. hahaha!!! This is suppose to make everything o.k.? That is not the problem!! Has any1 said that that was the problem? that they didnt have enough time to complete TT? The problem is you made the bosses to hard. They cannot be done by people with normal gears. Its very stressful and not fun at all. Its one of the activities that is very nice to do with faction mates and friends, but the developers have ruined it. This will not stop people from quitting them game, this will even ecourage them more. If this is the response we get after you can clearly see that so many people are unhappy, then stuff u!! My suggestion is, look for another game to play people. PWI isnt fun anymore, too much greed from people that dont listen to what we say. No fun b:surrender
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    don't be so picky tweakz
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hahahahahaha, I cant stop laughing. What a slap in the face. The Gm's have spoken to the Dev's and they agreed to take away the time limit. hahaha!!! This is suppose to make everything o.k.? That is not the problem!! Has any1 said that that was the problem? that they didnt have enough time to complete TT? The problem is you made the bosses to hard. They cannot be done by people with normal gears. Its very stressful and not fun at all. Its one of the activities that is very nice to do with faction mates and friends, but the developers have ruined it. This will not stop people from quitting them game, this will even ecourage them more. If this is the response we get after you can clearly see that so many people are unhappy, then stuff u!! My suggestion is, look for another game to play people. PWI isnt fun anymore, too much greed from people that dont listen to what we say. No fun b:surrender

Did you happen to read Frankie's latest update, that he was taking RedsRose's findings into account, and that they were going to test it themselves, and if they find that RedsRose was correct, send it on to the Devs?

I, for one, am quite satisfied with that. If Frenzy mode is really what's gone wrong here, then surely they'll find it and fix it.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Beast boss in 3-1 killed me... but that frucker died shortly after. b:bye

I feel your pain b:chuckle

Was stated alrdy....here

TBH --> I think it might just be 3-1 where the mob count is off. But I did it yesterday as well with a kill count of 38 and the boss still did the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    squab wrote: »
    The GM's Killed Grinding.
    They Killed TW.
    Now they killed farming HH
    See a pattern?

Grinding still works just fine.
    TW is still fine.
    HH? The hell hound mount? What does that have to do with anything?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • gohd4jda
    gohd4jda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I guess ill never get my TT99 gear (or will gotta buy it from 10x players who are able to finish it)
    We went to 3-2 in 9x squad, everyone with tt90 sharded set (level 92-99).
    Dark Colluseast
    -was hitting tank like **** (2 clerics barely kept him alive)
    -aoe seal
    -aoe stun
    -random 1hitting agro
    -sharptooth
    -aoe purge
    I was like WTF then we directly moved to Twilight Emperor where the hell started
    -also was hitting tank very hard
    -aoe seal and aoe freeze
    -random 1shot
    -random bubble looking like occult ice (hitting a lot, player died in 2-3 secs if not purified)
    and what was worst
    -without any shout or any channeling instantly oneshotted everyone except our barb (around 8-9 k damage)
    Dunno anything about minister coz we didnt have chance to face him since patch b:surrender
    We tried it two times but it was just wasting our time. Could GMs tell me how can we farm TT99 gear now?
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Grinding still works just fine.
    TW is still fine.
    HH? The hell hound mount? What does that have to do with anything?

It's all risk/reward. No reward, less ppl willing to risk.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rosie_ - Harshlands
    Rosie_ - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, this is what happened to the 3-3 run just had: we had 52 mob kills till almost the end with the gold mat dropping bosses left:
    1st the ghost lord: constant 45-50% hp debuff, sleeps, stuns, and dds like a 5dps sin. A 15k barb dropped in 2 seconds
    2nd, we decide to skip ghost lord, and went to emperor. He occult ices, seals, and many other weird moves, whole squad wipe in less than half min. I'm sure its not this squad's problem cause I used to run with them all the time before this content update
    We don't even know what to do now
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:bye 1 hour 10 mins full 3-3 done
    few deaths to my archers but none other died.
    note: none of my chars have charms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Seriously guys...Frankie said they're gonna check it out. Give them at least a DAY to do it before raising the pitch forks and torches. In all honesty, those in the crowd that have any programming knowledge should know...things CAN get messed up when new content is added.

To the people saying everyone complaining should stop, and that there's nothing wrong...honestly, it's not helping the conversation at all that you are indirectly (or directly in some cases) throwing your higher levels or higher gears in their faces. The fact is unless you're willing to either sell your drops as a much lower rate, or help the lower level people actually beat the bosses they need to get the drops...you're only spouting words.

Lvl100+: "Need your TT90 gear sir/ma'am?"
    Lvl90-: "Why yes...yes I do..."
    Lvl100+: "Than buy the mats I'm selling to you for 1m+ coin"
    Lvl90-: "That's a bit steep isn't it?"
    Lvl100+: "Than...go farm them yourself!"
    Lvl90-: "But...you're the only level group that can currently farm in there..."
    Lvl100+: "... ...Need your TT90 gear sir/ma'am?"

Humor intended of course...

Here the problem with the the GM Day, it's a year long. If they want to test it, it will take 2-3 hours tops for a easy testing. They are pushing people to spend money on the game that's the short and long of it.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    guess you dont live in the real world, where a game is less important than real things. you cant always put real life on hold, for a stupid game. and guess what....this is a game! a good one, or would be, if the freaking GMs and deves didnt keep **** it up constantly.

wake up, GMS and deves, and stop messing things up, or you will find the game deserted, with everyone having moved out and onto other games or private servers.

thumbs wrote: »
    Gotta love the people that pretend to know the percentages. Drive stock prices lower, deter new people from playing, post all your negativity at beginning of weekend when mods are off.

-Just looks like a competing game company to me.

Nty. "Someone's at the door", "smoke break", "sorry phone", yadda yadda yadda. Putting a limit on the amount of time that 5 people can waste for 1 person is a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So like basically, since only a handful of level 10x with full +5s are able to do it, they can pretty much dictate the price of the mats.

Nice one.

Oh and this:

Kantorek wrote:
    Right now, Perfect World China has a huge problem on their hands. As some of you may know, botting and gold-farming is a huge issue in their version.

Explain to me, why do your changes contradict each other? First you give us bull**** updates that reduced TW pay by 3/20, now you give us an update where the high level players can charge what ever they feel like? Lolumad. I know that farming mats does not cause inflation, but it will upset the economy hugely if all the people who are able to farm the mats suddenly decide to set mats like GBA at say, 5m each. No one is able to do anything other than to buy it, because to be able to do the instance, you need the mats for your armour.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So like basically, since only a handful of level 10x with full +5s are able to do it, they can pretty much dictate the price of the mats.

Nice one.

Except that it's very hard with +5 armors. You need way better refines to be able to pull it of easily.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just an example, I hope you, along with GMs, and the devs that the GMs "report" to, can understand what I'm saying. People in PW-CN may have uber gears and rankIX already, but we don't.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    FYI to some people:
    Frenzy (not killing enough mobs) - bosses hits 50k regardless of which attack is used, and has nothing to do with the bosses behavior/attack pattern.
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    volst wrote: »
    FYI to some people:
    Frenzy (not killing enough mobs) - bosses hits 50k regardless of which attack is used, and has nothing to do with the bosses behavior/attack pattern.

Not true at all.

When I was about 83 or so I did my first 3-1. We were all newbies and didn't kill enough mobs for the GBA boss. With one cleric and the only person in party above 90 being a 96 wiz, we were able to survive for a few minutes. The aoe was around 5k in frenzy mode, not 50k, please do not make **** up, it confuses the discussion.

So far anyone who has actually tested this has come to the same conclusion. The bosses are in perma-frenzy mode.

BTW, thanks to RedsRose and everyone else who took the time to actually test and post their results.
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not true at all.

When I was about 83 or so I did my first 3-1. We were all newbies and didn't kill enough mobs for the GBA boss. With one cleric and the only person in party above 90 being a 96 wiz, we were able to survive for a few minutes. The aoe was around 5k in frenzy mode, not 50k, please do not make **** up, it confuses the discussion.

So far anyone who has actually tested this has come to the same conclusion. The bosses are in perma-frenzy mode.

BTW, thanks to RedsRose and everyone else who took the time to actually test and post their results.

I thought they only came to the conclusion that Giant Beast (Dark Collusiast) was in perma-frenzy mode. Most reports i've heard say the rest, are still amped a bit in difficulty, meanwhile Dark Collusiast is absolute death murder & mayhem.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I thought they only came to the conclusion that Giant Beast (Dark Collusiast) was in perma-frenzy mode. Most reports i've heard say the rest, are still amped a bit in difficulty, meanwhile Dark Collusiast is absolute death murder & mayhem.

No one has reported trying to do the bosses with or without mobs in 3-2 and 3-3.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Rawthorne

do it without def charms.

imo instance s broken if require to depend on them so much

what annoy me is that aoes are so unavoidable. even if tank and 2nd tank cancel few (if they manage..), boss still do those combos for 3 or 4 .. and u will get those. .especially after some kind of stun.

so u have to pretty much abuse apo there

Hmm I have over a thousand def charms in the bank and thousands of perfect stones (thus I can make alot more whenever I want to) and I typically go as a solo cleric in anything I do. Sure I could probably be fine but why take the risk? I only use them for TW, Harpy Wraith, Belial, and now the new 3-x bosses. Could I survive w/out them? Most likely yes but why take the risk when all it's gonna cost me is a few def charms f/ doing my oht daily; thus I obtained them for FREE! The game has afforded me a free easy thing to use to make it easier/safer for me to stay alive; why the hell would I not use it when the difficulty has been ratcheted up on something now? I'd kick myself in the **** if I was too cheap to use some def charms in there and I died resulting in a party wipe. Oh and abusing apoth eh? Hmm typical good apoth items go for 20-30k and the gold mats in 3-3 go for upwards of 25kk+. You are even more of a tight **** then me if you are too cheap to use those when you factor in the risk vs reward and how much you actually "lose."
    volst wrote: »
    FYI to some people:
    Not true at all.

Actually I think you are both right. In 3-1/3-2 if you don't have enough mobs killed some of the bosses will do nonstop 50% hp aoes (it sux but it's STILL possible to kill the bosses as I've done it a few timesb:cry). If you don't have enough killed in 3-3 the bosses hit ppl for 50k each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Dark Colluset is the EASIEST of the 4 bosses f/ 3-3. Steelation, Emperor, and Armageddon are much tougher. Most won't even try it w/out 2 clerics though cuz they don't know wth they are doing/how to play their class. It's fairly simple actually. EVERYONE stay close to boss. Ensure tank NEVER loses aggro. Invoke/rebuff asap if need be. Absolute domain if worse comes to worse. For an extra layer of security use def charms/hp pots. Also full buffs = good thing ie. cleric, barb, and bm buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    squab wrote: »
    20% decrease= less money for "Blue collars"
    TW= Mirage pay not fine imo. Coins are way more versatile, and you're an idiot for thinking otherwise
    HH= Holy Hall. They've made the Bosses OP.....harder to farm= more time spent= less mats

20% decrease I don't even care about. Do you know how I get ALL my coins? I grind and sell DQ items to npcs. This hits me the hardest and I don't even care.

You can npc the mirages.

Holy hall does not exist in PWI.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
This discussion has been closed.