Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That is why I do not think I am wrong...I could be...but atm I do not think that I am b:surrender

I'm not sure if I want you to be right or wrong.

If you're right it means there's an easy fix to this issue and that it is an issue and not something they intended all along. On the other hand, it also means that they've once again pushed something out way before it was ready and with woefully inadequate testing.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So now TT gear will become cash shop gear as well? because from what the few that defend this insane instances are saying, you cannot survive it unless:

-you're 100+
    -you already have your endgame gear
    -your endgame gear is at least +7 refined
    -you rely heavily on a charm

So basically anyone without these will have it impossible to get their TT90 gear? there's nothing wrong with wanting to have gear waiting for you by the time you're able to use it! i had my TT90 gear waiting for me on my bank since i was 87, and that was actually a motivation for me to level! now we can expect what? a barbarian lvl 99 wearing TT80 gold and a mold weapon praying not to die on the boss so he can make his gear?

Let's think for a second, what if the hi level players stopped farming 3-x? would there be any REALISTIC way for the newcomers to obtain their TT90 gear?
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My comment is: What silver platter? are you really dumb or something?
    I guess everything was so smooth and easy for u that you didnt notice u had it easy apart from fail attempts to get squads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TBH I'd rather Rose be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why would people do 3-3 now when you can just chip the mats for 9-18 mil? People wont do repetitive and costly instances for fun you know...

Having a well coordinated (well geared) 100+ party all team working perfectly, preferably in vent chaining immune and discussing next move, using def charms, pvp pots, prepared to spend 3-4 hours in a instance, will of course work for any type of boss even those that hits you 15-30k. Sadly 90% of the server will never find a party like that and the other 10% will not even bother since its not profitable anymore.

I'm all for harder instances but the reward for doing it has the be somewhat comparable to the effort you put in. Thats not the case with new 3-2/3-3 anymore.

Take Lunar for example, it use to be pretty freaking hard, but it was worth the hard work and the hours b/c in the end you got amazing gear that was impossible to get any other way.

In terms of 3-3, well everything that drops there already comes pretty cheap with chips or from lucky packs. The drop rate for gold in there is very low as well.

I really dont think 3-3 was a walk in the park to begin with for average geared players - specially after the mob count was implemented. It was a walk in the park for maybe 10% of the servers 99+ population, but setting the difficulty in instances only based on elite players its pretty ridiculous. Devs successfully killed even more in-game content for 95+, no one will do it anymore.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I guess everything was so smooth and easy for u that you didnt notice u had it easy apart from fail attempts to get squads

My question remains, have you done the new 3-3 yet? If so, now put on a set of TT90 with G8 shards and +4 refines. Use a FC weapon with +5 at best and try it again. There are rich players and there are poor players. Those gears I've listed should be about the average, if not above.
  • BudsBarb - Raging Tide
    BudsBarb - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Taps his mic........Looks for anyone who can do anything........Feel all alone......Nothing will be done so best to just run FC over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......Then run it a lil more then BAM your 101 and ready to get your TT90 gear then can sell it for a ton of coin cause it is now useless to you....Problem solved muahahahahahhaha

Has a thread like this ever fixed a single thing? My research which is nil, says no....Go hug a midget makes ya giggle like a school girl juts try it!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ROFL...that cat is SO creepy!!! b:shockedb:chuckle

Go panda!
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Green tt99 mats might not be worth much, but they're still required to make gold tt99 gear. You can't use chips for those.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Has a thread like this ever fixed a single thing? My research which is nil, says no....Go hug a midget makes ya giggle like a school girl juts try it!

I would like to say no, and that's the case most of the time, but there is one example of the horns that gives me some false hope.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    see the sad thing nowadays is pple lvl SO fast, the time it used to farm TT mats before 2-4weeks hardcore running everyday, are spend lvling from Lv60-100 and they wonder why they die so easily with the gears they skip....

That is pretty sad. Ppl level so fast now that they skip gears all together, or they dont know how to play their class. This new change in TT will require more efforted teamwork in TT, but if lvl 10x's with great gear are getting oneshotted in 3-1, then there's no hope for an 8x squad trying to farm the TT for GBAs just to have their TT90 top at lvl 90, right?
    >.<
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    see the sad thing nowadays is pple lvl SO fast, the time it used to farm TT mats before 2-4weeks hardcore running everyday, are spend lvling from Lv60-100 and they wonder why they die so easily with the gears they skip....

Take ur head out of ur **** and go in 3-1 with a lvl 8x squad like it's supposed to.
    If PWE wants to implement a challenging instance like the playerbase (which keeps getting smaller) add a new one. Make it impossible to do without skill. Why not, it's endgame after all. But tt isn't endgame, it's the place where u get items needed for endgame gear. And make it impossible=/=make it 0.01% possible for 5apsers. Let the bosses debuff players with decreased attack speed every 5 sec or something. But even if we bring the best alternatives, does it even matter. There are complaints on this forum for the past year now. But it keeps getting worse. They only safe instance now is FF I think. That won't be changed since they make money out of hypers now.

Wait I forgot a challenging instance: RB, comon double the mob count, I dare ya
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Conclusion: the Dev doesnt play or test out the instance
    or perhaps because they went with their op gears and one shot boss before it could even do anything, or in their perma immune mode and tank =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why would people do 3-3 now when you can just chip the mats for 9-18 mil? People wont do repetitive and costly instances for fun you know...

You can't chip the green mats, but yeah.
    I really dont think 3-3 was a walk in the park to begin with for average geared players - specially after the mob count was implemented. It was a walk in the park for maybe 10% of the servers 99+ population, but setting the difficulty in instances only based on elite players its pretty ridiculous. Devs successfully killed even more in-game content for 95+, no one will do it anymore.

As someone who is more or less averaged geared running with other average geared players, I can tell you it wasn't. Was it, "OMG, this is so freaking hard I can't believe it?" No, probably not, but it wasn't a breeze either. I really think the people talking about how easy it was have no concept of how big a difference their gear is making to their runs. People in that upper echelon have been spoiled by their high refines and Anniversary Pack gear and just don't realize that not everyone has it so good. And not everyone should be expected to have it so good either.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would like to say no, and that's the case most of the time, but there is one example of the horns that gives me some false hope.

I would say Perfect Horn issue was something that PWI could handle without any cooperation or intervention from PW CN. Although what they did technically didn't take out Perfect Horns out of the game, they did remove them from the Boutique which effectively meant the same thing.

Any issue requiring PW CN intervention will take longer for a variety of reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A place that could use some revamping is rooms 51-60 of cube room. With the boost Reward pack choice got in xp/sp, and the ready availability of cube of fate stamps from packs, there is no incentive to doing the advanced rooms option at all any more. Making it an entrance to a small dungeon instance with harder boss types, where you squad with people in the room to get it done, would be kind of interesting. Increase rewards so that cogs are removed, and either more coins with increased reward choices or a new drop that can be exchanged would be nice.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My question remains, have you done the new 3-3 yet? If so, now put on a set of TT90 with G8 shards and +4 refines. Use a FC weapon with +5 at best and try it again. There are rich players and there are poor players. Those gears I've listed should be about the average, if not above.
    Ive seen the TT. Now the thing is i havnt seen the old Lunar, and alot of the complaints i hear seem to remind me exactly how old Lunar was said to be complained, high lvls getting 1-2 shotted (tho back then they all talked about strats to overcome it)
    go in 3-1 with a lvl 8x squad like it's supposed to.
    um yeah since when were 2 lvs above an opening minimum suppose to cruise through a TT3-1, oh wait lv 10x helpers huh.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ive seen the TT. Now the thing is i havnt seen the old Lunar, and alot of the complaints i hear seem to remind me exactly how old Lunar was said to be complained, high lvls getting 1-2 shotted (tho back then they all talked about strats to overcome it)

um yeah since when were 2 lvs above an opening minimum suppose to cruise through a TT3-1, oh wait lv 10x helpers huh.

Modern day complaint:
    QQ Mah lack of skills can't possibly be the reason why me can't finish TT! It must be the instance itself!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options

Where did the 10x helpers get there gear in the past. Did they go in 3-1 at lvl 100 with tt80 gold gear? Or were they able to get there mats when they needed them?

Go charge some zen and pretend to be an old player that used to farm everything
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Great Job!

Now go do steelation.

Looks like venos are going to be wanted again? b:chuckle
    Something so simple as to purge a boss so he can't do his 5 aps thing

Get genies with abs domain - will surge - adrenaline surge

I understand how hard this can be for people, but there are ways around it ...

You all ******* and complained about how hard beast was, some were even saying they won't bother with that BH anymore, but OMG..some people tried stuff and now the boss is easy?
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where did the 10x helpers get there gear in the past. Did they go in 3-1 at lvl 100 with tt80 gold gear? Or were they able to get there mats when they needed them?

Go charge some zen and pretend to be an old player that used to farm everything
    isnt october 2008 old enough for u? (forum date is when u started using forums, not the game) noobs nowadays cant even read dates... =.=
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My squad did Harpy Wraith yesterday and after we finished, we tried tt 3-3, and we found out that 3-3 is actually harder now than doing harpy wraith, who knew? xD
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Think what many have tried to point out to most people here ( but few listen ) is that you are going to have to stop your rush in attack with no worries and really have to think and react to what the mob is doing for a change. Is the 95% of PWI players that are screaming about this all gotten to the point of auto attack afk fights ?

what is so wrong with having to think a bit, work out a strat to how to take the boss down, use a few skills that you put away in back of your mind and not used for how long now. oh wait, the instance can not be done with three or more 4-5 aps players, must be broken. you get more benifit from a rainbow squad, must be broken.

many of you have no clue how hard lunar use to be, much like 3-x is now. but people still did it, still spent time in there learning what had to be done. pull up your skirts and put a little effort into it instead of playing it all easy mode all the time. that or just go find a easy instance to farm your gear. all the qq'ing that TT is end game gear, well there is more then one end game gear instances for a reason. they turned up the effort in TT, well lunar is still dumb easy mode. take your pick.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    isnt october 2008 old enough for u? (forum date is when u started using forums, not the game) noobs nowadays cant even read dates... =.=

What I meant was that it's not because u're an old player, u did farm everything. I'm sure u charged zen before. Nothing wrong with that, but don't start the I play from the start, I farmed everything, now noobs just use CC.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My squad did Harpy Wraith yesterday and after we finished, we tried tt 3-3, and we found out that 3-3 is actually harder now than doing harpy wraith, who knew? xD
    harpys half broke now with those 5.0aps melee =/ (not sure what melee/tank u used tho)
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    problems in TT? O.o what problems? did TT bh on bm earlier no problems at all really. even waited half way through the boss for archer to get back after forgetting to pick bh up.. yeah he does new things like purge and random aggro, not as if you cant just rebuff straight away.

everyone whos QQing about TT is another noob who can`t play there class.

if i wanted to steam role though a TT id do TT 1-1. TT 3-X are ment to be hard, get used to it im sure pwe gonna make more things harder and frankly i cant wait till they do. 1 of the reasons i dont play bm much any more if because everything is just to easy..

no im not a heavy cash shopper and nor was my squad.

Pro tip for you all: learn to play your class and your see there is no problem in TT, just your lack of skill

thank you PWE for making something harder. your actually improving the game abit by doing that.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:victory I enjoy these TT changes, but just take out BH 3-3, and it's all good. Stupid BH not worth the time it takes for 8 ultis >.>
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh frankie i just LOVE the changes.

I was doing a 3-1 with my squad and got 1 shotted by the boss, HOW INTERESTING! EXCITING! INNOVATIVE!

Our barb's charm was ticking ALL the time, he was getting hit for 11k. Oh my he sure did enjoy that. He was like, I havent been hit that hard since TW was actually worth doing! After we failed to do the boss, we decided to go farm money to get charms for TW this weekend since, you know, TW pay is gone which is one of my favorite things about the latest patches. I get a WHOLE 57 MIRAGES each week from TW. Thats seven more mirages than i get from bh100!!!!!!

I just wanna say thanks frankie for these wonderful patches

/sarcasm
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What I meant was that it's not because u're an old player, u did farm everything. I'm sure u charged zen before. Nothing wrong with that, but don't start the I play from the start, I farmed everything, now noobs just use CC.
    well if their really the noobs that use CC and complaining...
    altho i never mentioned cashshops once. You mentioned it.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i havent really seen any high levels QQing because its impossible for them, i see them concerned that if they have a really hard time doing it (because bosses hit VERY hard...) then how are the lower levels going to farm it.

personally- what im most upset with is all the ways i used to farm money are getting nerfed :/ they even said that was their goal "To Combat Farming"

i have always been one for challenges... making the game interesting- even tried doing harpy with just 3-4 people for fun and after some fails actually did it...

but doing this to TT instead of making a new instance is just a cop out

(selfishness kicking in) i already do TT runs for all the people working for gear in my faction and i would always graciously do it for nothing, because even time is a cost... and a challenge, you cant guarantee a drop. now that TT costs me lots of charm, defense charms, apoc, etc. its hard for me to just want to go on a whim all the time- because now being the higher levels, we now need to farm for the lower levels :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.