Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Let me tell you something.

People with +10 gear are having difficulty completing 3-3. You now need Nirvana and Rank 8 to farm TT99 and you need TT99 to farm TT90.

I am a 94 archer with moderate gear. The new TT3-3 would destroy me and all my friends, we wouldn't be able to farm it. I am not buddies with the elites on my server who could complete the new TT. Random squads never work in terms of need any more because your constant pack sales and other changes have made the majority of the community greedy. Random squads themselves would give me no worthwhile drops for my efforts because I am an archer.

Humans be greedy by nature...
    o.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I read this in another thread that was closed:

"Steelation now gets a self-buff that gives him 5 attacks per second, and hits 9k per tick, who can survive 45k damage per second?"

WTF is this? To fight against 5 APS BM farming, they turned a boss to a 5 APS BM? >_>
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    By doing that, players can state/post/say/type their opinions again, 2nd time, twice, double b:laugh

Too many discussions lately but still, nothing is changed. b:surrender

Sorry, but MOST if not everything that will be here has been stated one if not multiple times. Like in the thread that I quoted above that should (imo) never been moved to the section in which it currently resides. A sticky on that (imo) would have been much better.

And tbh there has been minimal flaming and decent open discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd like to get some detailed descriptions of what exactly you're experiencing in the instance.

Okay well let me sum it up:

Dark colluseast, possibly the most popular boss in TT because of his mats that are in relatively high demand, has new tricks that make him impossible to kill for a squad at the level where they actually need his mats.

He now has (might be missing something even):

Increased attack.

AoE silence (6~ sec)

aoe remove buffs.

aoe max HP debuff (50%).

very high AoE damage.

AoE p.def debuff.

Damage amplification on the tank.

A rare AoE that will oneshot almost anyone except the tank.

Occasional random aggro.

Now any ONE of these would have been enough to make the boss a bit more ''challenging'', but combine all of these and you've got a boss that's hell for any squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay well let me sum it up:

Dark colluseast, possibly the most popular boss in TT because of his mats that are in relatively high demand, has new tricks that make him impossible to kill for a squad at the level where they actually need his mats.

He now has (might be missing something even):

Increased attack.

AoE silence (6~ sec)

aoe remove buffs.

aoe max HP debuff (50%).

very high AoE damage.

AoE p.def debuff.

Damage amplification on the tank.

A rare AoE that will oneshot almost anyone except the tank.

Occasional random aggro.

Now any ONE of these would have been enough to make the boss a bit more ''challenging'', but combine all of these and you've got a boss that's hell for any squad.

AKA: Boss in PERMA frenzy mode -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AKA: Boss in PERMA frenzy mode -.-

Now that you mention it, could this infact be a bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Better and safer way imo: 2 10khp+ clerics with 10k phys and magic def (8k will do). A 5 aps sin for bp and rib strike (I think thats the atk rate debuff). A 18k or+ hp sage 5aps bm tanking. Another 2 4 aps unbuffed bms dding and taking turns spamming myriad. Seems to be the only way to farm 3-3 now.

*Facepalm* This is EXACTLY what you DON'T do. I have personally tried this and it failed epically. If you're going to bring that many TANKS, and not enough DAMAGE DEALERS; you're going to die anyways. The thing is... you can't tank it... stop trying. You can't tank a one shot skill unless your whole squad is very tightly knit and is able to AD it.

It needs to die in 5 minutes or less because it will start casting the 1 shot skill Armageddon. Keep stacking debuffs like AMP, EP, HF to kill it before it starts one-shotting your whole squad. If even one person dies from the one shot skill, your boss is gonna buff itself and most likely Curse + Mage AoE your whole squad 15K +...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think some of the other threads should have been merged here imo...Most have said their opinions and more then a few threads were having decent discussions on the various bosses and the ramifications of the changes.

Starting a new thread and closing off the others when opinions have been stated might only fuel the above responses out of frustration...I am sry to say.

Merge some of the threads....b:surrender

Merging the threads would put the main discussion thread under the the older threads, making it all more confusing. People can copy/paste their responses from the other TT threads if they like.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but MOST if not everything that will be here has been stated one if not multiple times. Like in the thread that I quoted above that should (imo) never been moved to the section in which it currently resides. A sticky on that (imo) would have been much better.

And tbh there has been minimal flaming and decent open discussion.

Yes, there are a few decent open discussions recently but, it is still a Discussion, on paper, it has not been fixed yet.

Let's see how this one turns out, shall we? b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the beast in 3-3 wasn't that hard, just actually takes some concentration now b:chuckle
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i havent tried it yet, but my conclusion from reading the forums is that tt is now impossible, can it by any chance just be changed back to how it was untill a better solution can be found??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Merging the threads would put the main discussion thread under the the older threads, making it all more confusing. People can copy/paste their responses from the other TT threads if they like.

Why not sticky that thread though? Seems odd and also the fact that the other was moved from general discussion to the D&T.

Now that you mention it, could this infact be a bug?

@Nowitsawn : That was my thought considering the bosses are acting like none of the mob count has been completed...ijs...they are all acting like the mobs have been untouched = PERMA Frenzy mode

PS --> IF I am right...I demand a cookie b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Options
    Kantorek has determined that SaphireDemon be fail.
    b:chuckle
    Epic win.
    ^.^
    and me want a cookie.
    :<
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The problem is that people with VERY high refines, endgame gear, and can afford to be charmed are the only ones that can farm it, even then it is very difficult.

Who are the ones that need the GBA drops in TT3-1? The people that are farming their TT90, at this point they will be using AT BEST, TT80 gold. The people that use TT80 gold, uncharmed, with low refines, need to be able to complete TT3-1 in order to get the mats for their TT90.

To farm TT99 the person will then have TT90. Still low refines, higher than earlier, but rarely higher than +4. Still uncharmed. These people need to be able to complete TT3-3 in order to farm their TT99.

TT3-3 already wasn't easy for the people that needed the gear, it was only easy for people that already had the gear.

What this patch has done is making PWI like job hunting for someone just getting out of school. You need experience to get a job, and you need a job to get experience. You need to farm TT3-3 to get endgame gear and money for refines/shards, and you need endgame gear with high refines and shards to farm it.

If you think the complaints now are bad, most of the people here commenting either:

A. Already have their gear

or

B. Aren't at the level to work on their gear yet.

As more and more people reach lvls 90/99 expect the complaints to pour in, many more people will just give up farming their gear, and quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Soooo, about that Boss that has become a 5 APS BM... it's that BS or real?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Soooo, about that Boss that has become a 5 APS BM... it's that BS or real?

It's real, but it only hits me for 2K. Whoever said it hits 9K is stupid because the only way you can get hit for 9K is if you're arcane and you went into melee range. And if they were arcane, they wouldn't have the HP to know if it was actually 5APS because they'd be a one shot... fail logic right?

I have 11K HP unbuffed and was uncharmed... got dropped in one second the first time doing it. The boss can be evaded and if you're lucky enough to have an end game sin in your squad they can be decrease it's interval.

However, when he increases his attack rate to 5APS, he range becomes melee only... meaning you can kite it and range it until it's purged.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the beast in 3-3 wasn't that hard, just actually takes some concentration now b:chuckle

Not wurking. D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So basicly PWI whants u to get refines to +10 , max interval or what ever so u can farm tt90+ gear xD , whats the point then b:chuckle
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    frankieraye,

It's no longer possible for a squad of 6 101+ players with highly refined 99 gear or nirvana gear to complete the TT 3-3 instance in four hours. The only way now for players to get the mats is to purchase them with tokens of best luck, which of course now has less of a chance of coming out of packs.

The end result is that if a player wants TT 99 gear then they will have to buy it with lots and lots of gold. First PWE destroyed Territory Wars for their money grubbing ways. Now they have destroyed TT.

How much longer do you think your player base is going to be loyal to your company? You are approaching the point of no return quickly.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well now I know when I asked for 3-3, there was an awkward silence...

Pretty much with these changes, it will be impossible for any 8x to farm their 90 gear and what, 90% of the 9x's to farm their 99 gear? Complete BS. And of course we all know WHY you guys made these changes... the big $. This was just plain greedy... shameful, really.
    These updates just keep getting more stupid by week, and I'd rather quit than spend hundred of dollars on a game for some gear. You won't be getting any of my cash anytime soon.

Change TT back to the way it was... and stop messing with all these older things. I can understand Nirvana being made a bit more difficult since it's an endgame instance, but leave TT alone. It's been here since the beginning. Don't mess it up now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wish the would stop trying to present a challenge to the uber geared people they created through the cash shop.

I remember talking to people who worked for a long time to get their TT90 gear. and were considered godly when they did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neoardar - Harshlands
    Neoardar - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

Not cool Admin u close my thread, as usual u guys never realize the consequence before any change and now without any knowledge about that thread of mine u close it. NOOB

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=834742&page=2

It not about discussing TT alone lol its about all instance u guys been changing like nirvana now TT and may be others later b:laugh.
    TO PREVENT FEW(which didn't work) AT A COST OF MANY

SO WILL U PLEASE RELEASE THAT THREAD
    since it general discussion among players and it might help u guys(Game Master/Game Moderator) too in future not to **** the game

fools learn from their own mistakes(U KNOW WHO in PWI b:laughb:cryb:laugh,wise learn from others mistakes
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the change is good (below will be about lv100+ instances)
    So many high lvls complained they dont get enough challenge, now they do, too bad for the fact that they experienced prior easy runs.

Seriously for instance back when you started TT1-1 it was Level 60+,TT2-1 lv 74+. The minimum lv that TT opened, plus5 lvls of that (so 60-65, 74-79) still gave players a pretty hard time in terms of run speed and survivability.

Before, TT 3-3 : Level 100+, even without a 5.0aps melee lv100 pple just cruise through that. The only time taking thing is the traveling time and the bosses HP. (AFK attacks anyone?) There might have been some inconveniences, but there was no challenges involved.

NOW after the patch, pple actually need to pay attention like their suppose to. Now we need to think of ways to better ourselves instead of grow fat in our endgame gem'd gear, looking at things wide eyed at a boss that took 10min to AFK kill, thats harder now.

The only thing decent that pple werent complaining as much as of late was the nien event. Altho its over now you can see wtf kind of silver platter they want in updates.

Something like the nien that:
    -takes less than 20min
    -can solo
    -can squad for better bonuses (5.0aps leech)
    -just attack
    -give the illusion that u actually worked for it (teleport and run around)
    -a constant profit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Please discuss Twilight Temple changes from the most recent patch here.

Thanks!

like it matters all the threads like these never had good future was always ignored by gms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I find it funny that we still haven't seen many people commenting that tried to farm their TT90 set. Well, I won't be one of those anyway so I can't comment, but honestly is it possible at all anymore?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the change is good (below will be about lv100+ instances)
    So many high lvls complained they dont get enough challenge, now they do, too bad for the fact that they experienced prior easy runs.

Seriously for instance back when you started TT1-1 it was Level 60+,TT2-1 lv 74+. The minimum lv that TT opened, plus5 lvls of that (so 60-65, 74-79) still gave players a pretty hard time in terms of run speed and survivability.

Before, TT 3-3 : Level 100+, even without a 5.0aps melee lv100 pple just cruise through that. The only time taking thing is the traveling time and the bosses HP. (AFK attacks anyone?) There might have been some inconveniences, but there was no challenges involved.

NOW after the patch, pple actually need to pay attention like their suppose to. Now we need to think of ways to better ourselves instead of grow fat in our endgame gem'd gear, looking at things wide eyed at a boss that took 10min to AFK kill, thats harder now.

The only thing decent that pple werent complaining as much as of late was the nien event. Altho its over now you can see wtf kind of silver platter they want in updates.

Something like the nien that:
    -takes less than 20min
    -can solo
    -can squad for better bonuses (5.0aps leech)
    -just attack
    -give the illusion that u actually worked for it (teleport and run around)
    -a constant profit

Challenge is all fine and all for you endgame players, but like many have mentioned, this is suppose to be instances where you go to farm your endgame gears, not going in there with endgame gears already.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Challenge is all fine and all for you endgame players, but like many have mentioned, this is suppose to be instances where you go to farm your endgame gears, not going in there with endgame gears already.
    how do u think it was in 2008 or early 2009, pple actually had to concentrate, use time, coordinate, and use meds. More than 90% of the time u didnt get your gears in time to wear them on lvling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well a thread like this managed to get perfect horns removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how do u think it was in 2008 or early 2009, pple actually had to concentrate, use time, coordinate, and use meds. More than 90% of the time u didnt get your games in time to wear them on lvling

but on those times bosses didnt went uber wiping a whole squad in few seconds.u cant compare that to this.
    even with those mold gears n etc was able to finish runs like 3-1 but now not even with a nice TT90 with oht wrist hat boots cant do et properly.

lets see lets go back to the past implement these tt3-1 changes before even 1 person could attain tt90 gear. thats right back to the times of 13k hp barb? or less donno.
    now tell me how u gonna even finish the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how do u think it was in 2008 or early 2009, pple actually had to concentrate, use time, coordinate, and use meds. More than 90% of the time u didnt get your games in time to wear them on lvling

I was there farming TT in 2009. I remember doing my first 1-2 with 7X squad. I haven't personally tried 3-X after the change yet, but from what I've read, it's nothing like the "challenges" we faced back then. Have you been in 3-X yet, just wondering.
This discussion has been closed.