[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Forum.pngKephras: Yeah, but what are the odds it'll make a difference?
    Forum.pngKephras: By the way, "Forum" is my favorite because I love the way it states the obvious.
    Forum.pngKephras: ...enforced chat-text limit FTL. b:sad
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Forum.pngKephras: ...enforced chat-text limit FTL. b:sad
    zomfgchat.gifEuphy: -giggles- I like how you follow the enforced chat-text limit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chireu - Heavens Tear
    Chireu - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In case GMs are still actually reading this thread...

I almost quit when the patch update came out, and 80% of it was because of the new UI. I don't even post on the forums often but it's bad enough that I must mention that the new UI literally gave me a headache when I tried to play, and after an hour I had to stop for the day. I did give it some time to see if I would adjust to it, but I still think it fails:

1. The tags are very distracting and annoying. There is no need to state the obvious. It creates a lot of clutter for the chat box and is generally distracting. New players will learn the channels--it really is not that difficult to tell the difference between channels when they're color coded. At least make an option to turn it off for veterans if you want it to be default for newbies.

2. Old font was better. I don't understand the need for the font change and the old font was much better. This one screws up smilies like ^^, makes it more difficult to distinguish between an I or an l, and generally looks worse.

3. Old font size was better. You may argue that you can change the font size down if it's too big... you could argue the same for before. If the font before was too small, you could have adjusted it to make it bigger. I think the general consensus is that this font is too big, so why inconvenience everyone by making a huge font the default size?

3. There are way too many colors now. From the tags, to the names, to the color coded channel texts. Keep the name the same color as the channel text and just bold it if you want to make it distinguishable from the text. Too many colors makes it very confusing to read chat.

4. Movable interface is nice but... why is the thing I need to move most--my pet hp/exp/loyalty bar--the one thing that is not movable?

5. Kinks in the font size need to be ironed out. With words/numbers so huge they sometimes fall right off the buttons... and numbers don't fit neatly into boxes anymore (genie energy/stamina for example). But I'm assuming that these are so obvious they will be fixed in the future.

6. Shift+click is nice.

7. Checking ping/fps is nice.

8. I think all this negative feedback should indicate something. Don't ruin something that is at the very grounding of why I even bother to play pwi. If I can't even chat to my friends comfortably... it provides a very strong reason for me to stop playing the game. I never thought that it would matter so much, but since the UI change, pwi has lost much of its appeal to me just because I can't even stand to look at the screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    system.pngComing up to ToS: "Posting any of Nowitsawn's works is deemed offensive and deemed punishable." b:shocked
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Here, I`l try to be "clean" as much as i can...

CHANGE THE GOD DAMN THING BACK TO WHAT IT WAS

You want to know what we think? How bout make a poll and see?

1. Yes-I like the new UI (0 votes)
    2. No -Makes me want to play something else (86485221586355742256521247558824 votes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchat.gifComing up to ToS: "Posting any of Nowitsawn's works is deemed offensive and deemed punishable."

zomfgchat.gifEuphy: If they do that I can finally quit this formally very addictive super fun game.
    Here, I`l try to be "clean" as much as i can...

CHANGE THE GOD DAMN THING BACK TO WHAT IT WAS

You want to know what we think? How bout make a poll and see?

1. Yes-I like the new UI (0 votes)
    2. No -Makes me want to play something else (86485221586355742256521247558824 votes)

zomfgchat.gifEuphy: +86485221586355742256521247558824
    In case GMs are still actually reading this thread...

I almost quit when the patch update came out, and 80% of it was because of the new UI. I don't even post on the forums often but it's bad enough that I must mention that the new UI literally gave me a headache when I tried to play, and after an hour I had to stop for the day. I did give it some time to see if I would adjust to it, but I still think it fails:

1. The tags are very distracting and annoying. There is no need to state the obvious. It creates a lot of clutter for the chat box and is generally distracting. New players will learn the channels--it really is not that difficult to tell the difference between channels when they're color coded. At least make an option to turn it off for veterans if you want it to be default for newbies.

2. Old font was better. I don't understand the need for the font change and the old font was much better. This one screws up smilies like ^^, makes it more difficult to distinguish between an I or an l, and generally looks worse.

3. Old font size was better. You may argue that you can change the font size down if it's too big... you could argue the same for before. If the font before was too small, you could have adjusted it to make it bigger. I think the general consensus is that this font is too big, so why inconvenience everyone by making a huge font the default size?

3. There are way too many colors now. From the tags, to the names, to the color coded channel texts. Keep the name the same color as the channel text and just bold it if you want to make it distinguishable from the text. Too many colors makes it very confusing to read chat.

4. Movable interface is nice but... why is the thing I need to move most--my pet hp/exp/loyalty bar--the one thing that is not movable?

5. Kinks in the font size need to be ironed out. With words/numbers so huge they sometimes fall right off the buttons... and numbers don't fit neatly into boxes anymore (genie energy/stamina for example). But I'm assuming that these are so obvious they will be fixed in the future.

6. Shift+click is nice.

7. Checking ping/fps is nice.

8. I think all this negative feedback should indicate something. Don't ruin something that is at the very grounding of why I even bother to play pwi. If I can't even chat to my friends comfortably... it provides a very strong reason for me to stop playing the game. I never thought that it would matter so much, but since the UI change, pwi has lost much of its appeal to me just because I can't even stand to look at the screen.
    zomfgchat.gifEuphy: Look! Someone is talking logic! Some are pissed and e-yelling. Some are trying to make this less painful by having fun and showing you how ridiculous it is when everyone writes HUGE and with big BLOCKS in front of their text. Will you listen? Will your restore this game to its former awesomeness?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    system.pngComing up to ToS: "Posting any of Nowitsawn's works is deemed offensive and deemed punishable." b:shocked

Now wouldn't that be flattering b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

zomfgchatsmall2.gifLenore: They can do that but it would be yet another big example of hypocrisy.
  • Posseiden - Sanctuary
    Posseiden - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    kinda gettin stupid with replies here. keep it to the point ppls. the chat box sucks. links uselful. all other text in game sucks. nuf said
  • Gaara_Cleric - Lost City
    Gaara_Cleric - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ill make mine statement short **** sorry its not cleaner im on the smallest font right now and its still big change font may make it look better or just change it back to the way it was. the linking is awesome.
    This is what I do when I play PWI >>>>[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarmos - Lost City
    Zarmos - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie what are you smoking? Cleaner?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8186/71184975.png

Anyone else notice the 2 clients she/he/it has running b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Well, it *looks* like the PW forum is open behind it? Ehh... What is that, Windows 7? I use xp pro sp3.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

actually no, it's windows 7. The "pw" icon on the left is a "pinned" icon for easy open access to programs. I have that on mine too just so to clarify for you.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    actually no, it's windows 7. The "pw" icon on the left is a "pinned" icon for easy open access to programs. I have that on mine too just so to clarify for you.

precisely, its windows 7's version of the old XP/Vista QuickLaunch area more or less, except when you launch the program the button is for, that button then becomes the taskbar button for that app, in this case, the PWI launcher, not the client, and its not running or it'd be highlighted like the ones next to it.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    New patch and I still can't read the titles of my mail! What does "Auction" mean? And why must I get a headache trying?

Fix it! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Still broken PWI. Mailbox still sucks and buttons on Territory map are still overflowing and almost no text shows. I want to teleport to "Town" Town what?
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ummmmm Text is to big? Doesn't even fit. Ex. try click on our genie and read it's stats. Betcha you'll have a hard time determening what it has on or not.
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Kimmber - Lost City
    Kimmber - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    good job fixing some of the issues with the new text font but still has LOTS of issues.... the "Auto-Path" still looks like **** as well as some other menus like this one..

and must hand it to you does PWI listen to the players?????
    you knew that the font had issues all over the place but come on 90% asked for old font back or a way to switch to the old font!!

and I am pretty sure that about 98% would like to see the "Boxes" in the chat system disappear or have an option to turn them off as well...

Take it from someone that deals with fonts the shadowing on this font makes it look blurry and that is what is causing the headaches that some are having..... the shadowy blur plays havoc on some peoples eyes and they are quitting the game to find something else..

I like the game and have moved to PWI from Anets Guild Wars but if things continue to be a issue will be going back to Guild Wars when Guild Wars II comes out..

so please listen to what your client base wants/needs/would like to have done so we can stay 1 big happy family here... I have met a lot of great people here and would like to continue playing with them

I hope this thread gets to the development crew and they can see what it is that the public is wanting to happen.....look at all the pages of people saying/asking for the exact same thing and yet the "OPTION" idea was not put in or was it even a idea to put that in so different people could customize the play screen to what they would like to look at for hours on end.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dont think anyone is paying attention to what you all have to say. They will just close this thread once everyone has vented, and ignore everyone's input, as usual.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now that its been resided I think we all see why they went max size on the first patch. Its one of those fonts that looks like absolute horse @#%!$ at normal sizes.
    Easy Fix CHANGE THE FONT BACK
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They did something. I am happy for that. If something keeps happening at least every two weeks, you should be happy too. Things take time. (No, don't say they ruined it in one night; pretty sure the UI change took like a month to code.) Pretty sure everything looks nice on the CN version since the words are shorter and the characters look different.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The genie was half-fixed, ok that's a BEGGINING, and yes it was HALF fixed because the progress bar of the exp meter is still oversized and the energy bar still is invisible until is full, now we want a solution to this:

-most buttons are still overflowing with text
    -old bugs were not fixed, instead new ones were introduced
    -the chat tags are annoying
    -the font in our hp/mana bars is ugly and oversized, and prevents us from seeing how much "red" and "blue" we have accurately

I think someone posted "instead of complaining about problems, propose solutions" ok, i can do that, here are my solutions:

-return to old font and old font size
    -restore old genie interface
    -make chat tags OPTIONAL, 95% of your player database does not need this to be "dora the explorer adventures" where everything must have a tag saying what it is
    -make useless system messages like duke's shouts or the 3496783698 "the battle is over" announcements optional as well, we're sick of red spam in faction or team chats

It's still not too late to make up for your mistakes
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    -the font in our hp/mana bars is ugly and oversized, and prevents us from seeing how much "red" and "blue" we have accurately

This is still a problem for me also. It was much easier before with the smaller font to quickly see how much HP/MP is left. I've tried to get used to it but can't and would really like, if others prefer the large font, for an option to switch the numbers off the bars completely. Just a little button next to them or something.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They did something. I am happy for that. If something keeps happening at least every two weeks, you should be happy too. Things take time. (No, don't say they ruined it in one night; pretty sure the UI change took like a month to code.) Pretty sure everything looks nice on the CN version since the words are shorter and the characters look different.

would just like to add, they did "Emergency Maint" to add packs... so why cant they just Emergency Maint to fix the UI?

don't act like its 1200 lines of code to fix all it is is changing the font styling/sizes and gaps etc, just like coding a website. it took me less than a day to redesign a website completely using CSS and hell im not even that fluent in it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    Theo - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Personaly, another update? How nice, Item Linking is great it saves us a lot of time. Font telling us that someone is in World Chat or Faction chat thing is a big no. I am pretty sure we all can tell just by the simple colors or the characters that come before what we type. It is very tacky imo, I changed my font size to uber small so it feels somewhat like it use to be before... this patch.

Please fix this stuff, you guys already know we do not want it or support these changes. At this rate I am happier with crappy luck and packs pulling the money from my rl wallet than see all these crappy add-ons b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    <~~Has dechipered the secret plan.

What they really want is to work on a single set of updates for the entire set of games, standarizing everything, and in that way, less work for them.

That or scare us all off, send us running for BOI or something, so we lost what we have invested on the game, the hours and such.

I have seen too many people quit, and dear, if you really need that new font, tags and such, give us an option to turn it off, even tho, it is obvious nobody tests this before release, such as the horrid horns or the last time they tampered with the Alpha channel on the display, ruining nearly all the fash in the server.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it is obvious nobody tests this before release

But I clearly remember reading (from frankie) that they do test each patch before implimenting them. So obviously somebody's looking at what they put in, and obviously they shrug it off as "who the **** cares".

/Sarcasm
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But I clearly remember reading (from frankie) that they do test each patch before implimenting them. So obviously somebody's looking at what they put in, and obviously they shrug it off as "who the **** cares".

/Sarcasm

The irony is, Kanto then came along and said he tested patches, and then he came along and said GMs didn't test anything.

I want to say he was being sarcastic, but most of me believes him when he says they don't test anything. It's pretty obvious they don't, anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The irony is, Kanto then came along and said he tested patches, and then he came along and said GMs didn't test anything.

I want to say he was being sarcastic, but most of me believes him when he says they don't test anything. It's pretty obvious they don't, anyway.

Well he might not have been lying when he said it's tested. He delegated it to someone who delegated it to someone who delegated it to someone who delegated it to someone and it ended up in the toilet cleaner's hands who then puts it back on Kanto's desk and Kanto comes back and sees it on his desk and assumed it was tested and everything was A-OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Blindwiz - Sanctuary
    Blindwiz - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My friend and I are both severely Color-Blind n the tagging does make it easier for us to differentiate chats. However, we agree that it is annoying and unnecessary for other players, so an option to hide/show tagging will be nice. Oh and fix the fonts.
This discussion has been closed.