An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• FastTwitch - Archosaur
    FastTwitch - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh so you think the money you spend when you buy a 450K pack just disappeared. Well, why would that person even sell you the pack if he doesn't get the coin from it. The coin isn't removed from the system, it just exchanged hands. I suppose you're still immature enough for peek-a-boo?
    Oh please, someone has already mentioned this before you.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh please, someone has already mentioned this before you.

I would hope so, it's kind of obvious. But I dont' read all the posts so sue me.
  • FastTwitch - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    No offense, but your prior posts have proven you don't know much about what you're talking about. It's the people like you who would let them get away with stupid things like this because you're so easy to take advantage of.

If they wanted to fix things, there are several different ways to do it, none of which they've chosen to employ. How can you honestly say they're trying to lower gold prices and fix things for us when they have two different versions of anni packs in cash shop at the same time AND then decided to release a 12* dragon orb (aka the most expensive thing you can get from the cash shop directly) in a pack?
    Little do you know, I actually benefit from these sales. Sorry, but I am not the one who is getting taken advantage of. It's only the people like you who are taken advantage in the first place are the ones who think they are taken advantage of.

Of course it is apparent they want money, i'm not dumb, but I am not the one who is getting ripped. Do you want a lie detector? These fluctuating gold prices has made me millions, not because I cash shop, but because i just know how to play an MMO. You see, you and I are at opposite ends of the money chain.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You say TW takes more money out than it puts in. Not true. Your charm costs are NOT removing coins from the game. They simply go to other players. In the end, there are more coins coming from nothing due to TW lands, then there are going out of the game due to TW.

In the big picture of things, right.
    PWE's motto in patching is:

"1 step forward and 2 steps back"

I think no phrase could be more appropriate >.>
    Since packs went out the first time on boutique, everything went worse and worse, and each patch increased PWI failure even more each time lol.

I really think the only nice implement they made so fare are genies. Everything else they did was **** or useless.

Actually, I'd like to point out that there was a big long gigantic thread about the genies and a lot of whining and complaining about how OP it made this class or that class. So the thing u think was good, a LOT of ppl thought sucked. Its that way all the time and no matter what PWI does in every patch ppl complain.

At least 80% of the ppl have said they like the shift click option. Others are irritated by it. Can't make everyone happy all the time.
    I hate you people, all those from China to PWE, never test patches that can greatly change the game. If the developers cared a little about the game their patches would at least be bug-free. Here you are saying that to give the patch some time to see if it works. However why do we have to put up with this experiment when it should be tested on a separate server, or at least discussed with the community. In my opinion this is very risky for you people, all those from China to PWE, to make so many custumers rage.

They can not test, how their player base is going to react to a change on a test server. Its just not possible.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well like I said in another thread..this may not be so bad as people think. It can drop gold prices because of the hugely less amount of coins coming in to the game each week, and it could also force uncharmed TW which would make it more realistic and dangerous and fun :D
    Also enable poor people like myself to actually get kills in there :(

shutup i love high gold prices it makes me very rich when i charge money but this TW change is stupid i was thinking of join a TW faction but now no one is really doing TW especialy with the thought of them not getting der money back if they get outbidded.

devs please just take back the no refund...okey let the change stay for mirages but atleast let us get a refund back its very hard to make coins with the 20% DQ reduction which we havent recvied out compensation for yet....geeze just seems like u guys r gonna let ur problems stack up untill people actually stop charging gold
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The official response is on page 1, and it states that it's far too early to tell whether the changes in this patch will make the game better or worse. The devs do not work all day to ruin the game, so I think this patch deserves a fair shake before we come to an accurate conclusion.

Overhead in my faction's Vent ...

This wouldn't work in any other business. Imagine you go to an ice cream store and they give you a cone with a piece of @*%$ in it. You say, "There's a piece of @*%$ in my ice cream. Can I have another cone without any @*%$?" They say, "Have you tried it? I don't think you gave it a fair chance. Maybe it will be good." You say, "Are you kidding? There's a piece of @*%$ in my ice cream!" They say, "Taste it. Just a little taste. You really can't be sure you won't like it."

"Dude, there's a piece of @*%$ in my ice cream!!!"
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Little do you know, I actually benefit from these sales. Sorry, but I am not the one who is getting taken advantage of. It's only the people like you who are taken advantage in the first place are the ones who think they are taken advantage of.

Of course it is apparent they want money, i'm not dumb, but I am not the one who is getting ripped. Do you want a lie detector? These fluctuating gold prices has made me millions, not because I cash shop, but because i just know how to play an MMO. You see, you and I are at opposite ends of the money chain.

Way to completely miss what I'm talking about and go off on an unrelated tangent.

Oh and, just FYI, I'm perfectly fine at doing things as a merchant in-game. In fact, I consider coin as rather easy to acquire. Does the fact that I have coin blind me to the sheer stupidity of this? No it doesn't.

I'm quite certain that I have far more coin than you if you feel some need to start bragging about it. Oh and yes, you ARE someone who can be taken advantage of easily. As I've said already, your prior posts and lack of understanding of what should be basic concepts to you if you really were taking true advantage of these sales show your inexperience far more brightly than you seem to think.
  • FastTwitch - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Although I'm not phased at all by the patches and changes in the economy, GM's, it's what everyone else thinks that count. The point is, GMs, that there is always a better solution to benefit the players, and no matter how you look at it, I think in order to make the players happy, the changes that everyone wants has to result in you losing some profit.

For example, charms could be removed fom cash shop and turned into npc items, but that won't happen. Although making charms would be a huge money sink since people use them all the time.You see, the "convenient" items in this games are no longer considered just for convenience anymore, they are more essential than ever. Something as essential as charms definitely raises gold prices. Try this: remove charms from cash shop, but keep packs in there. Play around with what's in the boutique and what's not and you'll find your balance.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The official response is on page 1, and it states that it's far too early to tell whether the changes in this patch will make the game better or worse. The devs do not work all day to ruin the game, so I think this patch deserves a fair shake before we come to an accurate conclusion.

It is not too early to tell what will happen. Just because your company lacks foresight and judgment along with reasoning skills does not mean some of us do not.

Experienced players will tell you that this is a bad update. And I hate to say it, but nobody that works for your company can tell the difference between a world boss and a staunch worm.

"If I put my hand on this stove, will I sustain permanent damage and tissue scarring?"
    "Yes! Yes of course you will! That's a horrible idea! Don't do it!"
    "Well that's not fair. We don't know if that will happen. It's too early to tell. I will stick my hand on this stove and in 10 minutes maybe it will have been long enough."
    "You're stupid."

10 minutes (PWI time = a few months from now)

"Nobody is left complaining about my hand being on the stove, and to be honest I don't even feel a thing from my hand. I guess I just adjusted to it."
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010

b:fatb
    it isn't enough forum's complains ?
  • FastTwitch - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Way to completely miss what I'm talking about and go off on an unrelated tangent.

Oh and, just FYI, I'm perfectly fine at doing things as a merchant in-game. In fact, I consider coin as rather easy to acquire. Does the fact that I have coin blind me to the sheer stupidity of this? No it doesn't.

I'm quite certain that I have far more coin than you if you feel some need to start bragging about it. Oh and yes, you ARE someone who can be taken advantage of easily. As I've said already, your prior posts and lack of understanding of what should be basic concepts to you if you really were taking true advantage of these sales show your inexperience far more brightly than you seem to think.
    Oh boohoo. Based on your prior post... well, you have not contributed much to the forums have you? I didn't mean to brag, but what I was saying was that this change shouldn't be much of a concern if you're not one of those people who live off of TW coins. Really, that's not the way to play the game. And even if you didn't, and you still complain, well, you're just thinking about yourself aren't you?
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    Rerun - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well....I kindda like the new update..it is just friendly reminder from pwe telling me to move on.... I've played on Pwi 2 months after it came out. Left on e when anni came out. But pw itself is good fun game compare to other f2p.
    But as far as I am concerned, my buzz with pwe gonna be on hold or may be even done. Although be playing on one of those private server.
    Anyway pwe, thx you for making my decision to leave u guys so easily. I hope u guys still do good job helping other players and new comers make this kindda decision easily.

Peace outside.
  • soradono
    soradono Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    DAMB!! ima have to buy more Tiger/sunshine packs, Cuz no Faction is gona be willing to fund me now b:cry
  • soradono
    soradono Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im samama and i approve this message b:victoryb:pleased
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so.... just a question to the gms... how many weeks are needed for this early response be changed to a normal response?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh boohoo. Based on your prior post... well, you have not contributed much to the forums have you? I didn't mean to brag, but what I was saying was that this change shouldn't be much of a concern if you're not one of those people who live off of TW coins. Really, that's not the way to play the game. And even if you didn't, and you still complain, well, you're just thinking about yourself aren't you?

Your alternative? CHARGE MORE MONEY!

Sorry, some of us like the fact that we aren't obligated to pay $$$ to play. Try it, it may take you a few months to ween yourself from the withdraws you'll get from keeping your credit card in your wallet, but it could happen. Probably not, but one can be optimistic. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Sorry, some of us like the fact that we aren't obligated to pay $$$ to play. Try it, it may take you a few months to ween yourself from the withdraws you'll get from keeping your credit card in your wallet, but it could happen. Probably not, but one can be optimistic. b:bye

dang. keep off cash spending? man... ive got to spend real money first to be able to quit. dang... ill never be able to quit then lol. but ya... for us freebie leechers. kinda wish we had tw pay. i spent my entire tw pay this week refining 1 piece of equipment.
    edited August 2010
    dang. keep off cash spending? man... ive got to spend real money first to be able to quit. dang... ill never be able to quit then lol. but ya... for us freebie leechers. kinda wish we had tw pay. i spent my entire tw pay this week refining 1 piece of equipment.

We own half the map. My TW pay this week wouldn't even cover my teleport fees to do WQ for the week let alone help pay for 4 charms, PK pots and attack/defense charms. The only people who TW every week I don't hear complaining are the ones who spend a good deal of RL cash in-game.
  • _Mango - Archosaur
    _Mango - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This update has effectively destroyed this game for all end game players, there is no reason to continue to improve your characters passed TT90.. you can do everything in the game with that (some might disagree but it is only the oracle babies). Where is the motivation to continue. TW was the whole reason I've ever improved my character post 90, to further my advantages over the enemies on the battlefield, nothing else. Now I have been busting my **** trying to figure out how I am going to fund TW for my faction and supply myself a charm.. when do I get to do anything else?

This TW bidding is so ridiculous. Everyone has a right to work hard to earn their spot in TW for that week and to have to now base it on chance and then still lose our money! No you know what I am doing, if this update stays in place I don't care if I am breaking the rules or not I will work with all TW factions to ensure we all do not over bid one another for lands. Those who own land earned the right to bid and get a TW every week if they want to. This way we all get to TW and not make a HUGE money sink for you guys. You see the absurdity of all this? The fact that we would have to go around the games systems to adapt to this is an outrage! You would have been better off to revamp the bidding system to simply just not get a refund back.. period.. that would have been sufficient. I sure as all get out wouldn't have bid 200m last Wednesday if that were the case.. yeah make your jokes; the announcement came out on Thursday after I submitted my bid. I mean you guys DID say you were trying to discourage false bids right? Pretty sure people wouldn't bid if they knew they would lose their money. Better yet, make the minimum bid to TW 5mil that will stop idiots from bidding and then only give back 50% refund.

Regardless I have already contacted and am working with the other Leaders on the TW Map to work out OUR OWN system of doing TW because I have reason to believe based on previous behavior that you guys will not be retracting this updated. I guess only time will tell...

This is my fall back for the future as my adaptation to this silly TW bid system now. ^^

All you (the developers namely) guys have done is created a revolving door on your servers. People come and hyper a character to 90.. gets bored.. rerolls a different character, get to 90.. quits the game. Hypers destroyed the questing system; why quest if you can hyper that stupid amount of exp. Hah you made private servers, awesome.

This system that you have put in place does not create tenure of players over the course of the past year turned the game upside down. You know there was, on Archosaur, a level 97 Barbarian that didn't know what the hell Flesh Ream was? *sigh* I thought the newbies were supposed to be level 1-70...

To frankieraye: I AM taking Archosaur this week as I promised my faction (Narla) that we would finish the goal we started well over a month ago - this has NOTHING to do with this update and I guarentee you you will never see Narla bid again until this gets changed. We will defend our territories but I see no reason to go any further... I think 3,000+ mirages will be sufficient after 1 month to +4 atleast every item of every player in my Faction. Again let me reiterate and be sure to relay to your superiors that I owe it to my Faction to do this and this should not be taken into consideration for your assessment on this update. After all it is the last PvE territory and I love that tele spot <3.

I can see it now TW Factions making a business giving out teleports to areas for money to fund TW. Just leave 10 spots open in the faction and if someone wants a teleport across the map just invite them, have them tele and kick from faction and they pay like 5k... hah.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to speak our minds and I apologize for the synicism.

_Mango

EDIT: I encourage all TW Factions to stop conquest, finalize whatever you need to this week (Like we are doing with Archosaur) with your faction and TW and just hold off render the TW Map useless for it virtually is now..
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This update has effectively destroyed this game for all end game players, there is no reason to continue to improve your characters passed TT90.. you can do everything in the game with that (some might disagree but it is only the oracle babies). Where is the motivation to continue. TW was the whole reason I've ever improved my character post 90, to further my advantages over the enemies on the battlefield, nothing else.

I 100% agree, Mango! I was really looking forward to getting in Nirvana runs, doing more TT 3 runs, and finally getting in to Unicorn Forest and 3rd Map. But now, why bother? It's going to cost me tens of millions in pots and repairs to do the required runs, and further tens of millions in chips for lunar mats to get nirvana gear.

Narla can kill all of the world bosses with the levels, gear, and refines we already have. We are PvE end-game so without TW there is absolutely no point in improving any further.
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »

This wouldn't work in any other business. Imagine you go to an ice cream store and they give you a cone with a piece of @*%$ in it. You say, "There's a piece of @*%$ in my ice cream. Can I have another cone without any @*%$?" They say, "Have you tried it? I don't think you gave it a fair chance. Maybe it will be good." You say, "Are you kidding? There's a piece of @*%$ in my ice cream!" They say, "Taste it. Just a little taste. You really can't be sure you won't like it."

OMG, LOL. I actually got a few tears in my eyes laughing at this. (Sadly, it's also true)

+1
  • _Mango - Archosaur
    _Mango - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Originally Posted by drjiggle

Freaking hilarious dude. +1
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Agreed, i liked the fact i didn't had to pay money to be able to play, damn if i had a job i wouldn't be playing an MMO, it's unemployement what keeps me here xD

Jokes aside, it seems like they're trying to push us further and further towards the cash shop, first it was anni packs, then it was "perma-packs" (there will always be a pack of something in the boutique, always, at all times, period), then it was DQ nerfing, then probably TT nerfing (not enough data to backup this one so it's just speculation) and now this, TW pay usually covered for at least a charm and maybe some hp food, now i will get... 3 mirages? that's not even enough to +1 something if you're unlucky like i am

It has been said enough, it doesn't take much of a brain to predict that something crappy will end up bad, hell my 7yo nephew can do that! ask her what will happen to the coyote when he rides that ACME super-speed rocket and she knows he will go boom, are our devs less intelligent than a 7 year old girl? seems like it

Loved the ice cream cone metaphore and the stove metaphore, maybe it's time to migrate to other games? time will tell
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010

lol very fitting.

So PWI, how long are you going to persist telling us this "@*%$&quot; is good for us? When are you going to figure out not all of us are stupid idiots who swallow up whatever explanation you throw out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010

All you (the developers namely) guys have done is created a revolving door on your servers. People come and hyper a character to 90.. gets bored.. rerolls a different character, get to 90.. quits the game. Hypers destroyed the questing system; why quest if you can hyper that stupid amount of exp.

Have you considered that this may be on purpose?
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Everyone should also remove PWI from their facebook accounts as well. There is no reason to help this company **** other people.
  • mysticalx
    mysticalx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    |FORUM| Eleandra: Well Frankie lets hear how you GMS and DEVS feel about this patch this week then? Lets get some insight from the you guys so far....
    edited August 2010

That was pretty amazing. Just quoting it again, cause it deserves it.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol very fitting.

So PWI, how long are you going to persist telling us this "@*%$&quot; is good for us? When are you going to figure out not all of us are stupid idiots who swallow up whatever explanation you throw out?

Until we stop buying their ice cream with pieces of %&@#. Why should they stop selling %&@# if it sells so well?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Until we stop buying their ice cream with pieces of %&@#. Why should they stop selling %&@# if it sells so well?

True enough, true enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.