[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The fact is, for about 3 hours these forums completely exploded, and martial law had to be declared. People were posting highly dangerous and inappropriate things (pictures and videos included), and the time for issuing warnings was over, in an effort to bring things back into some semblance of order.

realy smart move, why to actualy care about the concerns people are having when you can just ban people who hurt you girlish fellings?

wonder what will happen when the bigest cash shopers (people in bigest tw factions) stop spending so much cash to try to win tw since there will be no challenge

what to fix economy? take away the ****** packs and it will be done, either you admit you dont care about players or do something to FIX this and not just to try people buy even more zen

wonder if i get a ban whit that too b:shocked
  • IEpicHealz - Archosaur
    IEpicHealz - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just quoting this so that it doesnt get lost when frankie deletes it. Unless he deletes mine too...ahh the mystery of catch 22.

b:laughb:laugh
  • Cilan - Harshlands
    Cilan - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok people time to go and find a new game what you recomend me?

NOte. Hate WOW
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please do not use this forum to discuss other games you know the rule as well as I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squirrel - Harshlands
    Squirrel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    we don`t do that but actualy you don`t do anything for us just crashing this game after every update get money in TW back
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please do not use this forum to discuss other games you know the rule as well as I do.
    Sounds like aryanna just tried to rick roll everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Who cares about the rules. I mean seriously, who the *** cares anymore. You have shown over and over again that you dont care about us. Why the *** should we care about you or your rules? WHY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hey all i know the new patch had upset alot of ppl, but no worries, yor voices might be heard !!! dont QQ on forums, QQ here--> https://ticket.perfectworld.com/
  • aryannamage
    edited August 2010
    For the millionth time I do not work for PWE!

I am a volunteer! I do this because I do care about this community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a valid point, but still, 500M+ coins going into the server every week as TW payouts surely had an effect on the economy, don't you agree?

So? Not just the fact that there are more best lucks giving out a day (750m ish), but the simple logic of; we can have 1 billion coins each, but gold doesn't go up unless you bring out something in the shop that makes it go up...*hint hint* packs *hint hint*.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    Beatrixxx - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +1

or u can all go http://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO?ref=ts and press the UNLIKE button at the very bottom
  • Sedochlup - Dreamweaver
    Sedochlup - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why everyone complains on it? I think this open TW to more members, because TW is now too much "cash shop" oriented. Why everyone complains that he will not be able to pay his charms? Charms are used because it is still worthy to use them for win war. If price for win will not be so high, charms will be expensive for TW and you have options to use them or not. If you will use them, then it's your risk that you will have bigger costs. Now it is must because everyone has them and everyone thinks TW without charms is not possible.

Current TW is poisoned with too high rewards and who is not in in TW yet, has very small chance to start participate it because high costs.

Minimal 150 mirages for one territory is still 1,5M/per week. (if NPC price will stay at least on 10k per one Mirage). Now you have options:
    - you will pay more and you will have advantage in TW, but you can loose much money.
    - you will pey only so much coins as you can get back. (only bid, cata-scrolls and repair costs are required by TW, not charms)

I think this changes will open TW for more members and addionally for non-cashshop players too. If minimal bid will be lowered too, it will be great and I think it will open big Territory Wars)

Only one thing which is worthy for complain from me - please return cash refund for overbidded factions. Reason for this is over by single and hidded bids.
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sry about taking it out on you aryan. only if there is a way that we can give our 2 cents to the developers, but of course, there's no way they listen to us, or you for that matter. honestly i'm just a little upset because over the past two years i have dumped enought of my paycheck on this game to buy my mom a used RV for her retirement. and now, this game looks like its going to die, so im more angry with myself if anything...i stopped playing about 3 months ago but keeps checking in to see if the game got better, but to no avail. i just don't know what else to do but to completedly close off this dark chapter of my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icefire888
    icefire888 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ummm I have a question....WHY are u people QQig about TW gna be a kill fest for archers and mages??????? Last time I checked assasins/bm'/barbs/other archers and mages/any other class I forgot to mention CAN kill them EASILY....sooo why QQ about archers and mages? Me being an assasin, archers and mages are considered easy prey to me...b:surrender
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Adios PWI im done. b:bye
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Mahn - Sanctuary
    Mahn - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Worst problem with TW income loss is the inability to afford HP/MP Charms. TW is neigh impossible without at LEAST an HP charm. The apothecary costs can get crazy as well, but at least the mats are free to obtain and make giving you have the necessary crafting level (and sometimes the land for the Lvl 6 pots and atk charms).

So, why don't y'all make HP/MP Charms craftable?!

(Yea, I know you won't because you lose out on $4 per gold charm. Money > Players)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To us regular forum tolls, the new system isn't really shocking news, since it was announced on Chinese site a few weeks back and linked to from here. Sure, I didn't expect it to come so soon but I knew it was coming.

Now, what I don't know is how long ago this was implemented on the Chinese servers, since what we saw was just an announcement about it for the Chinese servers. I don't have access to the Chinese version of the game or know their official sites, but some of us do. Does anyone know when this was implemented and what their reactions are? It's the sad truth that players over there are the ones who can actually affect the content of the game. Just like when they thought about changing the demon spark then did not do so due to players outrage there.
  • RealKiss - Sanctuary
    RealKiss - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I freaking quit this EXTREMELY stupid game!
    U people dont even care about us. I can't believe u guys really sank that LOW!
    This game wont even be here by december if u guys dont do something and listen to us.

SO F*CK U ALL FROM PWE b:kiss hope you enjoy pew pew-ing eachother, cuz im really sure no-one will be playing this game anymore -.-
    Ban me if u like, i dont give a DAMN. Doesnt matter what i say to u anyways.
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    wow pwi takes about 3mins to uninstalll, thats more time these devs and gms take to think b4 they do their *****
  • Treehumper - Heavens Tear
    Treehumper - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^someone is right.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    icefire888 wrote: »
    Ummm I have a question....WHY are u people QQig about TW gna be a kill fest for archers and mages??????? Last time I checked assasins/bm'/barbs/other archers and mages/any other class I forgot to mention CAN kill them EASILY....sooo why QQ about archers and mages? Me being an assasin, archers and mages are considered easy prey to me...b:surrender

You're a low level, obviously, I can tell about the pure ignorance of your post. First of all, your a sin and im a wizard, I can one hit kill you so hard ull be crying for years, dont dare consider me an "Easy kill" you wont get within 25 meters of me.

Secondly, thats now what everybody is "QQ"ing about. Actually, PWI has ruined the TW system with their new secret refundable bidding which will discourage smaller poorer factions (Like the one ur probably in) to tw. So we will see more of the large dominating factions taking the entire map and giving no chance to anyone else. Yeah. Good, Eh?

Im leaving the game and taking my money with me. Enjoy this corrupt company which has NEVER listened to it's players or asked their opinions before implementing massive game changing patches. Yeah, a poll isn't hard to do.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Some of you people say that the 2x Token of best luck = 10 million is causing the inflation, not the TW payout.

Now I may be good with math or music, but I dont understand a tiny bit about economyb:surrender Could someone explain why the Token of best luck exchange is causing inflation?

The inflation is as follows:

There was a wonderful example concerning watermelons but I can't find the post, and I don't remember who posted it (avatar was a 9x cleric), so forgive me for paraphrasing it here.

Say a watermelon costs 5% of your paycheck. That's fine if your paycheck is $100 a week. The $100/week paycheck was essentially TW payouts before packs were introduced (because it has been stated multiple times that TW did NOT cause the giant increase in gold prices).

However, if your paycheck increases to $1000/week, a watermelon still costs 5% of your paycheck. However, that 5% is now $50. And who the hell enjoys paying $50 for a watermelon?

The giant increase in PWI's collective "paycheck" is due to the fact that you can now BUY COINS from the cash shop in the form of the pack reward token of best luck. 2 of these can now be potentially gotten for as little as 2 gold each, and immediately pump 10m coin into the game.

PWI's TW paycheck has stayed at $100 per week, but now instead of covering 20 watermelons ($5 each), it only covers 2 (at $50 each). Unfortunately for the denizens of PWI, it costs each guild participating in a competitive TW 20 watermelons to compete (AKA charms, apothecary potions, etc., NOT TO MENTION the -guild's- cost in towers, catapults, and TW equipment, which can soar over a 3-hour war). Before, the TW check just covered the cost. Now the costs to TW are incredible when compared to the measly payout. It becomes prohibitively expensive to TW on a regular basis.

TW is pretty much the only reason that people gear up any more (AKA purchase gold to get those uber items handed out in packs), because since you can level to 103 without ever setting foot outside SZ now, world PVP is non-existant. Instead of impromptu battles between BL and CQ that broke zhen parties at butterflies, fish, and undines (remember those, folks? I do. Most people here don't, and I am willing to bet there's a significant number that don't even know what "zhen" means), people have to beg and cajole and harass to even get people to set foot outside of SZ to come to Secret Passage (oh, the joys of doing your quests there, I well remember, and it was fun!), West, Hidden Orchid, or Heaven's Tear (again, so much fun as a lowbie--it was a thrill!).

In short, WTF is the point? There's no reason to gear because lower guilds could BARELY afford to TW each week as it was, and they always lost. Now not only are they going to lose except by some stroke of (mis)fortune that gives every member of a high ranking guild a horrid illness at the very hour of TW, but they're going to spend up to 10 times as much doing so.

So, WTF is the point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icefire888
    edited August 2010
    Mmm dude I'm lvl83, I'll stealth and put u into a STUN LOCK, good luck hittig me nowb:victory
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a valid point, but still, 500M+ coins going into the server every week as TW payouts surely had an effect on the economy, don't you agree?

lol yes it did effect the economy... it gave people a chance to still play this game after anniversary packs ruined the game and made gold so high... you just took out the balance GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't worry NightRage, I saw what happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You'll get hit by the rest of the squad in TW and go to town, while the stun lock goes away o;o

sins in TW aren't THAT OP'ed, in pk they are...but this isn't the "discussion" we're having here :p

*watches stock drop from 50 to 25-26$* lolwoops b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My question about the reactions on Chinese version about the TW. That's fine, other than the fact that no one will read my post within 95 pages of QQ.
  • icefire888
    edited August 2010
    You're a low level, obviously, I can tell about the pure ignorance of your post. First of all, your a sin and im a wizard, I can one hit kill you so hard ull be crying for years, dont dare consider me an "Easy kill" you wont get within 25 meters of me.

Secondly, thats now what everybody is "QQ"ing about. Actually, PWI has ruined the TW system with their new secret refundable bidding which will discourage smaller poorer factions (Like the one ur probably in) to tw. So we will see more of the large dominating factions taking the entire map and giving no chance to anyone else. Yeah. Good, Eh?

Im leaving the game and taking my money with me. Enjoy this corrupt company which has NEVER listened to it's players or asked their opinions before implementing massive game changing patches. Yeah, a poll isn't hard to do.

First. Of all I can stealth from lvl105s, second of all I'm in one of the bigger TW fact of dreamweaver so GOOD LUCk trying to kill me when ur in a stun lock...oh and it takes me 5-10 second to kill a wizie, 3-4seconds to kill a wizzie wit Maxed chill, double spark. And I admit that sins aren't good in huge groups, we just fous on one person at a time
  • aryannamage
    edited August 2010
    Keep it in a normal size please. It hurts to read it. As you edited them back to the prior size NightRage I moved to admin forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Keep it in a normal size please. It hurts to read it.
    You mean like in game?

Also, there's no rule against using the size code to edit your text, if we weren't allowed to use it why would it be implemented in these forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
This discussion has been closed.