[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

INCORRECT.

As I stated before, TW pay has been around forever. Even when gold was 100K.

Gold spiked up to 500K when you introduced cancer packs.

A 100+ page thread was made with people saying they didn't like the packs.

PWI ignored the thread and continued to release packs, keeping gold at a huge inflated rate.

Inflation is 100% your fault for releasing all of these packs and TW pay has nothing to do with it.

Wake up.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

P.S. Stop trolling.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    God, if you're going to complain all day, you really need a drama button.

Here, let me help ya.

http://www.dramabutton.com/
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @ preview whoever posted it:

They have never done it, and will never do it, why would they do it for this change?

b:bye

They give "content preview" all the time b:chuckle

And this was announced on the CN servers on June 24th (think that's right) and there was a HUGE discussion thread about it here on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why couldn't have my thread about the reactions on the Chinese servers remain its own thread? It's not about the " Territory War Changes 8-5-10" to our servers.

I dunno, if you repeat it enough times, some people will actually read it cuz they only read the last few pages
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    They give "content preview" all the time b:chuckle

And this was announced on the CN servers on June 24th (think that's right) and there was a HUGE discussion thread about it here on the forums.

LIES I r no chineese so I wouldn't know b:laugh
    Link plox?
    b:shutup

b:thanks
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

Remove the packs and it will come back down as it always has after each time they got removed from the boutique.

Yes long term altering TW payout MAY alter the gold price but if you really wanted to lower it you would remove the packs INSTEAD you add 2 more and guess what it GOES UP.

Try again with a more believable explanation like we want to cut income so players spend more on gold and you may just not look as stupid.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    God, if you're going to complain all day, you really need a drama button.

Here, let me help ya.

http://www.dramabutton.com/

Omg, I love it.

However, I like complaining too ^.^
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Around 50-100 Best Luck tokens are being opened out of anniversary, or however you wish to call them, per day. Heck, even more on other days. This is pretty much the minimum. Thats about 500mil-1bil of coins being injected into the game EVERY SINGLE DAY. TW only gives about 500mil for a whole week. Remove anniversary (or tiger or whatever the hell you want to call them), and drop prices will fall. But ofcourse you won't do that, as it affects your earning.
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOL this is just hilarious, first they take out coins out of TW. Now they nerf 3-3 and Nerf up nirvana, making them both more time consuming and harder -_-. So now what, we go grind and get money off DQ? When the repair eats like 50% of the gain lol.

All this changes are shouting please, use gold to play. I'm no longer seeing the free to play in this game. As if u want to stay "competitive" you need to take out your plastic and if you dont like that just memorize the numbers lol, because if you wanna keep playing you are gonna use it a lot, that is, if the game doesn't die which is the most possible option.

This will be a Gold buyers vs Non Gold Buyers situation. And guess what if there are almost no non-gold buyers or small gold buyers for gold buyers to compete with in TW, then everyone will get bored and stop cashing in money. So if you keep this stuff up or even as you say "one month" to see how it goes, taking in consideration you come up with another excuse to keep it there, the TW itself which was the core reason everyone played this game will die and you can say goodbye to this game for many and many players.

If you are relying on new players or the newest players that haven't TWed much to keep the game going, guess what, even that will run out itself when they realize the reward isn't worth the effort. So enjoy your time bombing your own developed game. You should already notice there is absolutely no good posts around ANYWHERE. And trust me a good percentage of the players here are already considering leaving the game. Oh and again recheck your stock market and Facebook :)
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even though we all knew this was coming, I still have to say...

Hahahahahahaha.

I'm sorry, I can't let myself not find this new change hilarious. This won't be giving smaller factions a chance since their opponents were stronger before, who says they'll be weak enough now? Servers have been experiencing ganks for ages now, yea, the TW pay is a nice thing to have since the prices are so high that TW is not even fun for those who don't spend hundreds of money on this thing. Mirages? Ooh, at least I can fuel my Cube obsession even more - I can buy them for 10k anywhere in Archosaur. There go Charm prices - and gold prices, with this new Bidding House. It'd be nice to see the gold prices dropping down to a reasonable price of 200k or so, but how are we going to get that money? Grinding? Sure, just let me NPC all these DQ drops I spent hours hitting several macros for. TT? The TT prices on this server have dropped so much that it's not even worth the time whatsoever. Nirvana? Okay, level 100 is all you need.

Honestly. TL;DR - all the same whining and QQing and complaining as the rest of these 102 (?) pages. I am so glad this game doesn't take up much of my time now. And Rank 9 - well, really, no comment.

Though - I sincerely feel sorry for those Barbs and Clerics on Catapult Squads. Here's to hoping their factions were smart enough to save up TW pay when the rumours of this hit us at the start of summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woodwic - Raging Tide
    Woodwic - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW pay as mirages is lame, you guys just want more to Cash shop.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I r loved >:o

Last edited by Aryannamage; Today at 09:04 AM. Reason: Resized

b:cute
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol the only QQer on the thread is the guys that own land. I dont mind the changes as i have never gotten payed when doing a TW i did few and only for fun.

So i give a flying peep for ur poor souls that QQ. learned how to make ur own im making about 3~4mil a day so you all can cry to ur mommies
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOL this is just hilarious, first they take out coins out of TW. Now they nerf 3-3 and Nerf up nirvana, making them both more time consuming and harder -_-. So now what, we go grind and get money off DQ? When the repair eats like 50% of the gain lol.

All this changes are shouting please, use gold to play. I'm no longer seeing the free to play in this game. As if u want to stay "competitive" you need to take out your plastic and if you dont like that just memorize the numbers lol, because if you wanna keep playing you are gonna use it a lot, that is, if the game doesn't die which is the most possible option.

This will be a Gold buyers vs Non Gold Buyers situation. And guess what if there are almost no non-gold buyers or small gold buyers for gold buyers to compete with in TW, then everyone will get bored and stop cashing in money. So if you keep this stuff up or even as you say "one month" to see how it goes, taking in consideration you come up with another excuse to keep it there, the TW itself which was the core reason everyone played this game will die and you can say goodbye to this game for many and many players.

If you are relying on new players or the newest players that haven't TWed much to keep the game going, guess what, even that will run out itself when they realize the reward isn't worth the effort. So enjoy your time bombing your own developed game. You should already notice there is absolutely no good posts around ANYWHERE. And trust me a good percentage of the players here are already considering leaving the game. Oh and again recheck your stock market and Facebook :)

b:cute +1 .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol the only QQer on the thread is the guys that own land. I dont mind the changes as i have never gotten payed when doing a TW i did few and only for fun.

So i give a flying peep for ur poor souls that QQ. learned how to make ur own im making about 3~4mil a day so you all can cry to ur mommies

obviously you dont know how to read... so.... GTFO b:chuckle

should i link you to the 100s of small factions complaining in this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    INCORRECT.

As I stated before, TW pay has been around forever. Even when gold was 100K.

Gold spiked up to 500K when you introduced cancer packs.

A 100+ page thread was made with people saying they didn't like the packs.

PWI ignored the thread and continued to release packs, keeping gold at a huge inflated rate.

Inflation is 100% your fault for releasing all of these packs and TW pay has nothing to do with it.

Wake up.

P.S. Stop trolling.

^

lvl 100+ needs something to do tw was the last thing, im watching factions fall apart, people leave the game because its so lame. the few of us holding on are making alts to wait till something comes along for 100+ it seems they dont care about them. they make them thn dump them. everyone hurry hyper to 100 so ur bored as **** and quit
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm neutral about the change, because I do not TW and never will. However, I think we should test this new system for a few months and see what happens to gold prices. If it makes the gold prices go down, I'll be happy.
  • FastTwitch - Archosaur
    FastTwitch - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    At this moment i don't mind any of these changes to Territory wars. Sure, this will be a little harder on getting money for territory wars, but this only means that we have to find other ways to get money. What i'm saying is that it might be a good thing for people to find other means to make ends meat. I'm looking forward to how the economy turns out in the future.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the new tw pay is actaully better..there are larg guilds that have members that tw pay= charm,ed for tw.. i can expect som large guilds to drop in the next months or so. Overall though this makes the game better..just wait and you'll realize it b:cute it'll be like the old days when people had to WORK for thier stuff...wouldnt'nt tht be tragic..cept thiers still packs and if youknow how to merch em corecctly its fast money b:bye
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why couldn't have my thread about the reactions on the Chinese servers remain its own thread? It's not about the " Territory War Changes 8-5-10" to our servers.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010

Not only did small factions complain, non-TWers complained too. You obviously didnt' complain because you don't think about how the game economy works. But don't worry, we don't give a flying peep for you either.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The problem was in not giving a "Preview"/"Warning" that these changes were coming soon.

Those that knew they would be coming bc of the CN servers were not all 100% surprised, but this threw A LOT of ppl off and as such, the servers are in chaos...literally...

That's a good point. I shouldn't have to sneak around Chinese forums trying to interpret bad Google translations to figure out what changes are coming. There's no reason why we should be kept in the dark about these things the way we are. Really, there's no reason why patch notes shouldn't be posted right along with the maintenance announcement. Why keep it a secret for an extra 8 hours? Is that really accomplishing something important, or is it just fun for you to mess with us?
  • Gimboy - Harshlands
    Gimboy - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm neutral about the change, because I do not TW and never will. However, I think we should test this new system for a few months and see what happens to gold prices. If it makes the gold prices go down, I'll be happy.

IT WONT! its the PACK THE PACKS THE PACKS THE PACKS
    pwi is just way too conceited to remove them
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010

You can repeat what was actually said in that thread instead of repeating that same question.
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    IT WONT! its the PACK THE PACKS THE PACKS THE PACKS
    pwi is just way too conceited to remove them

its-a-conspiracy.jpg
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To us regular forum tolls, the new system isn't really shocking news, since it was announced on Chinese site a few weeks back and linked to from here. Sure, I didn't expect it to come so soon but I knew it was coming.

Now, what I don't know is how long ago this was implemented on the Chinese servers, since what we saw was just an announcement about it for the Chinese servers. I don't have access to the Chinese version of the game or know their official sites, but some of us do. Does anyone know when this was implemented and what their reactions are? It's the sad truth that players over there are the ones who can actually affect the content of the game. Just like when they thought about changing the demon spark then did not do so due to players outrage there.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Numbers speak:

stock.jpg

Now:

adkasudh.jpg

lol @ stock talking.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @_@ STOP POSTING GEEZ

You guys have said what other 1k players have said, why posting what someone else already said?

Spam fest ban-hammer all b:angry rawr!

EDIT *** sake can't type decent anymore..damn beers /EDIT

http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/SummaryQuote.asp?symbol=PWRD&selected=PWRD

it was 24.smth this morning after a -5.78% drop and it has recovered only by little :p

Enjoy the drop.

PS: maybe if you send the stock results to the devs in China, they'll be shocked ..oh right...nahhh b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Wow I see a bit of green. I can believe there are fools who are charging zhen for a dying game.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You can repeat what was actually said in that thread instead of repeating that same question.

His question about the merge is valid and going unanswered while other posts are actively being deleted (such as Russiee's one reposting that cool linked image that wasn't offensive at all). Merging his thread guaranteed those who could have answered him have little to no chance of seeing it.

Volunteer or staff, you want us to remember you guys are humans, well how about making that a 2-way street and thinking about how all these posts you're merging/deleting unnecessarily were written by humans also. Dumping everything here just for containing the words "update" or "tw" isn't a solution and is stifling the voices of those you say you care about.
This discussion has been closed.