[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who are you kidding? The people who TW make enough money from TW alone they don't need to be cash shoppers. You may buy gold but get real, none of you use real money! If you do, its for luxury, NOT TW.

Seriously? I mean.. do they honestly have dungeons and games and bosses and dailies and other things to do? You mean signing on once a week to do TW isn't the only reason to play? /sarcasm! You are right! There is so much more to do. Those of us who don't TW make it just fine WITHOUT TW pay. They will learn to cope and do it too.

Its b/c its the easiest way to make money. Those who do TW and own lands are ticked b/c now their income is squashed. Let them feel how the rest of us feel all the time! They can go work hard grinding for their money rather than showing up for 1 hour tw to get it all!
    You don't get it do you, honestly it's people like you, the idiotic people that were convinced everyone in a TW faction was making millions of coins a week.

Here's a hint: we LOSE money by doing TW, only know we lose 4 to 5 times as much, and the more you win, there's no reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Do this maintnace for 1 month XD
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Bean - Lost City
    Bean - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    couldnt have said it better myself... though i almost think they dont give a damn about this game/servers dying...they do have a new one about to launch after all.... perhaps they hope the money will jump to the new game.

I would like to point out that there are a few silver linings in this that both you and Elayne might not see or appreciate. As Elayne himself has said, the major cash shoppers might leave. This might not necessarily be a bad thing. Take for example Eve online, most people who now play Eve online had played Eve online for a while because it is very difficult to play the game when all the high level players can and will actively oppress the lower level characters.

Point two is that having a bunch of guilds having TW not out of actual desire to control the whole map is also not necessarily a bad thing. The reason why two or three major guilds can actively hold the map is due primarily as you said from the charm money they get from TW. Remove the charm money and presto, High-lower/ mid level guilds can actually attack large guilds and break them up because big guilds don't necessarily have the will to chew through charms to defend all their lands.

That being said, this system is definitely going to make a lot of people unhappy, especially the major cash shoppers, but it may not be such a bum deal after all, it will depress people until certain guild attitudes chance to that of just wanting to own land for the sake of owning land.
    A level 100 BM trapped in a 58 Cleric Forum Pic... These Pikachus are on a hunger-strike / slap fest until the forum moderators and/or GMs fix this issue... kthxbai b:angry

"What would Pikachu Do?"-Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXSairaXx - Archosaur
    XXSairaXx - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll just leave this here.

1189596339749no9.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who are you kidding? The people who TW make enough money from TW alone they don't need to be cash shoppers. You may buy gold but get real, none of you use real money! If you do, its for luxury, NOT TW.

Seriously? I mean.. do they honestly have dungeons and games and bosses and dailies and other things to do? You mean signing on once a week to do TW isn't the only reason to play? /sarcasm! You are right! There is so much more to do. Those of us who don't TW make it just fine WITHOUT TW pay. They will learn to cope and do it too.

Its b/c its the easiest way to make money. Those who do TW and own lands are ticked b/c now their income is squashed. Let them feel how the rest of us feel all the time! They can go work hard grinding for their money rather than showing up for 1 hour tw to get it all!

And this, everyone, is an example of someone who has no idea what the hell they're talking about. Coincidentally, it's mostly people like this who support all of the changes to TW that just occurred.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yay teh massacre has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people on harshlands are dieing all over the place its nice to even see kyling getting rolled so zulu keep on pking every white name yuh c :)
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    FW is even worse, the currency system is not the same, so you have to spend money to get most cash shop items..

You cant make money baing smart and then make fortunes (like me) ... its getting to point of being pay to play.. and more expensive b:surrender

I am in a big TW faction at my level theres not allot to do ... ya make a alt or something we TW non stop to defend... we do it for fun but you look a hp charm for gold is about what 1.4 to 1.6 a plat 3 mil easy not to mention mp charms eat throw them like no tomorow... and it cost to build towers and to get the Catapults TW pays to help with that and the sever has level so has everyone in Niv or tt99 gear... they want to minimize the coin but yet bring out more packs... its gotten really the only way to make money in the game is to grab the credit card and charge way... cant make money on tt the drops are horrible anymore niv getting to where you cant make money there either... i tell you this i will not charge gold anymore and TW now really no point in it what the heck everyone going to do with Mirage Celestones really come on now... and for smaller factions they do win the Mirage Celestones will never help them to build up so its a no win for anyone! Its getting really to whats the point of even playing anymore!
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not this way - Ary

hwo shal i make it appropriate?
    EpicFailRoundup001.jpg
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My beautiful post that would fix everything forever is being ignored QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You don't get it do you, honestly it's people like you, the idiotic people that were convinced everyone in a TW faction was making millions of coins a week.

Here's a hint: we LOSE money by doing TW, only know we lose 4 to 5 times as much, and the more you win, there's no reward.

So you're complaining, why? :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

come on, be honest, if they dont make money at least the necesary to buy what they need, ppl wouldnt make tw at all b:chuckle

starting with leaders, they took money for their own pocket sometimes o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would like to point out that there are a few silver linings in this that both you and Elayne might not see or appreciate. As Elayne himself has said, the major cash shoppers might leave. This might not necessarily be a bad thing. Take for example Eve online, most people who now play Eve online had played Eve online for a while because it is very difficult to play the game when all the high level players can and will actively oppress the lower level characters.

Point two is that having a bunch of guilds having TW not out of actual desire to control the whole map is also not necessarily a bad thing. The reason why two or three major guilds can actively hold the map is due primarily as you said from the charm money they get from TW. Remove the charm money and presto, High-lower/ mid level guilds can actually attack large guilds and break them up because big guilds don't necessarily have the will to chew through charms to defend all their lands.

That being said, this system is definitely going to make a lot of people unhappy, especially the major cash shoppers, but it may not be such a bum deal after all, it will depress people until certain guild attitudes chance to that of just wanting to own land for the sake of owning land.
    Most of the higher levels fund this game keeping it alive
    if they quit they will have to work harder to take money from new players thus stressing packs more and making more money sinks or the game will just die

Those factions who dont rpk that tw every week against the enemy for fun are no longer going to even want enemies... i think a lot of factions are going to go rpk and terrorize servers because of this update just because the fun is being sucked out of being a higher level player

when land was worth owning people didnt rpk so they wouldnt make enemies to defend more than 1 land at once because that is a lot harder

now that land is worthless why not kill everyone... who cares
    Lost City FTW
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    not This Way - Ary

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    come on, be honest, if they dont make money at least the necesary to buy what they need, ppl wouldnt make tw at all b:chuckle

starting with leaders, they took money for their own pocket sometimes o.o
    No, we don't.

I don't think you comprehend how much charm gets lost in TW.

I spend 6-8mil, and make 3.5mil a week, I now spend 6-8mil and get.... nothing.

So you're complaining, why? :3

I can afford a 2mil loss every weekend, I can't afford a 6-8mil loss every weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Ok so if its not b/c the pay is so great, then why on earth are you people upset about it? Seriously? You people act as though you HAVE to be charmed and you have to have the best stuff. I can not comment what its like for people on a Pk server b/c I've never been there, but they chose that server. But if its not for the money... if you don't continue to TW because of the money then WHY ARE YOU PPL UPSET THEY REMOVE IT AS A REWARD???

truekossy wrote: »
    And this, everyone, is an example of someone who has no idea what the hell they're talking about. Coincidentally, it's mostly people like this who support all of the changes to TW that just occurred.

Please read above! Enlighten us...
  • Patapunga - Heavens Tear
    Patapunga - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    two words will describe this action; NON SENSE!
    and i also think that our opinion won't change their mind
    patapunga - 80 Cleric
    North_Wind 47 Assasin (Harshlands)

Mortal Marshal
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so You're Complaining, Why? :3

Exactly My Point!! (but We Are Idiots Remember)
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TW affects TW players IMO gm's should pay more consideration for that section of the population as they pretty much finance the whole show.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i wanna see a gm reply to this again and actually say something usefull and not sum bull
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok so if its not b/c the pay is so great, then why on earth are you people upset about it? Seriously? You people act as though you HAVE to be charmed and you have to have the best stuff. I can not comment what its like for people on a Pk server b/c I've never been there, but they chose that server. But if its not for the money... if you don't continue to TW because of the money then WHY ARE YOU PPL UPSET THEY REMOVE IT AS A REWARD???

Because the money used to cover most of our costs.

Now those charms, those hundreds of event pots? All of that is now coming out of the pocket of anyone that participates in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry I'll be honest and say I haven't read all the way through this thread.

Has there been any mention of how this change improves the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

In order to properly defend your land you need gears. Gear costs money. Now TW costs far more money then it ever did. You have the choice of showing up for TW and getting rolled, or spending 3x as much and hopefully winning.

A lot of people love TW but could just barely afford it before this **** update. Now they can't afford it, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    guys and girls it makes no sense even posting, this should just be a flame thread as we ALL know they wont do ANYTHING about this they never will, they are like politicians of the mmo world, GMs sad to say but u all really over did it this time and went WAY to far, knowing that u all want even care the only option left is to uninstall this travesty u call a game
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i wanna see a gm reply to this again and actually say something usefull and not sum bull

good luck with that... China has their hands tied. Nothing for them to say really..
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

+1 i choose pvp server to pvp idk why there are guilds that r non-rpk on a pvp server its kinda stupid
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can afford a 2mil loss every weekend, I can't afford a 6-8mil loss every weekend.

How about, don't do TW and find something more fun, or leave like everybody else then? ._.

I mean honestly, if you're so bored that all you look forward to is TW for JUST the weekend, then just find a better game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.

i think you misunderstood the post. players vent/discuss for pages and pages and pages. nothing is ever done about what we "discuss". the message that swends to players is: PWI wants to pretend that we care about your thoughts. but in reality we just want to pacify you into spending more money without putting out effort to actually satisfy any of your concerns.
    maybe that isnt what you are actually doing, but that is the message PWI portrays.

on the actual subject. paying in mirages is complete BS. i personally will not tw for mirage pay. not worth 3 hr battle for say 50 mirage. unless of course you are making it possible to trade mirage for charms. then i completely take it all back.
    the good Starr
  • Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, we don't.

I don't think you comprehend how much charm gets lost in TW.

I spend 6-8mil, and make 3.5mil a week, I now spend 6-8mil and get.... nothing.

it's what i said, u mad? quit as barb and play a cheaper class, or be a spy on qqme to tell the super mega secrets to levi /sarcasm

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've been i four TW on Harshlands 3 i payed for and 1 i didn't pay for the ones i payed for was 2 faction's that were decent and 1 was a faction that i lead and i payed for tower's for all three and TW is fun but the mirage's for payment suck because who do u think pays the 400k for Gold?
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • RA_Dragon - Lost City
    RA_Dragon - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL great Job Developers. now u get no more of my money :P as to farming well i farm to get good gears to do what? no tw and world pk is practically non existent. so why bother with that anymore.
    Retired EA (Lv 100) - Sept. 4, 2010
    Was a good run PWI :)
This discussion has been closed.