[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Those of you saying that you should TW for fun and not be greedy:

I have never received a cent of TW pay in my entire game life. I have never been purchased a charm, given pots, or compensated in any way for my TW expenditures. What's more, I have spent my own cash on charms, etc., in order to TW. I really, really enjoy TW.

But I would never, EVER ask my faction to throw away the sums of money it takes to TW without ANY chance of getting it back EVEN IF THEY WIN just for "fun."

THAT, if anything, is selfish and greedy.

(Accidentally posted in the wrong thread -_-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Let's see...

1. Am I in a TW faction? Yes
    2. Am I a barb? Yes
    3. Do I rely on charms? No
    3b. So are you useful in TW? No
    4. Will this change affect me negatively? No

I have to say that this move is golden! I really don't have much to say except that I support this completely.Don't give in to the players and reverse this on a future date... b:surrender

I am so gonna enjoy people complaining about this tommorow.

Anyone who does well in TW uses a charm, plain and simple.
  • Umbra - Raging Tide
    Umbra - Raging Tide Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reserved.
    /10char
    Skyrim, ok. b:dirty
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hi Umbra..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There are other ways than TW to make money for a faction.Do I honestly have to paint it out?Get together,make an event,have fun together as a faction!

This should create more united factions if another great one rises.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Players don't know what fun is. They lost that in their immense greed that is clearly visible on this topic.

This change will keep me playing PWI for much longer than I had expected. Keep up the good work!b:victory

My idea of fun in this game is clearly dif than yours

I enjoy conquest.. and improving toward being the best...to fight harder and longer in tw
    now that tw is going to be charmless with nobody in it
    i will have no fun

when you hit 100+ and have all ur end game gear and all u have is nirvana to do every day

you would appreciate a good long war against a faction that has passion

that salary i got weekly went toward making me stronger for war...
    no longer can improve without cash shopping

and u call me greedy? im pretty sure its pwi that wants u to have to buy ur charms and gear with real life money instead of farming

- lower dq prices
    - take away salary
    - put everything you need into packs
    - PROFIT
    Lost City FTW
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im not good at economy stuff. but in my head this servees no good for the devs. yea the cashers will always have charms and the ppl who play alot, but what about the casual gamers. they wont. tw pay may only be given to the land owning faction. but tis getting out to the whole market also. so way less coin generated form tw pay, so less coi to buy gold for, less buyers cos quit.. and less income cos alot will no longer buy a charm for tw.

in my head i dont see it help their pocket. and it do definitely not make any ppl happy. i've not seen 1 not hating this mirage system yet.

personally i've played in tw's for cala since got first land. while tw pay not always covered, it made worth the time. if no pay, then why the heck not just keep spamm tt/ nirv for coin? but the gaain. why get god egar if no pvp. i dont get the point for this downgrade.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Eyrnn - Sanctuary
    Eyrnn - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [PHP][/PHP]
    When you hit end game all you have is tw nirvana hh and bh....

it isnt fun end game unless u have good tw

Where is the fun for the higher levels .-.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how much 'fun' we're going to get out of the new updates. I used to look forward to TW at the end of the week for some break from the monotony that sets in once you hit level 100 but with these changes, there's a chance that TW won't even happen at all because of the secret bidding. Moreover, factions on certain servers rely on strategic bidding for triple attacks in order to break the hegemony of other more powerful, cash-shopping factions. I'm not sure this will really happen with the secret bidding now so on our own in 5 min steam-rolls, it's likely that not much headway can be made and that the maps will remain mono-coloured. Where's the fun in TW then?

I could close an eye on the attempt to create a money-sink in PWI, talk to my other members and try to figure out a way to help fund our faction TWs or help our 200 members with the costs incurred, but all I see is that this is going to create strains on factions, a diminishing populace that would want to TW and a growing disparity between those who utilise the cash shop heavily and those who don't. Those who are able to charge for extra coin will find it easier, and frankly, the Rank IX gear highly favours those people who have been doing so to get their Rank VIII.

Sometimes I wish we didn't copy whole-sale from the PW-CN version. PWI will probably lose a lot of players from this. New players will obviously come in again, being oblivious to the changes that we've seen over the past year, but with bad reviews and bad ratings from your players, I'm not sure how long this can be sustained.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tw should be like duels that allow no charm...would see alot of those +12 gear/weapon emo's goign down all over the place to a avg/great non epic gear warriors.

wow i made it to 100..post!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Players don't know what fun is. They lost that in their immense greed that is clearly visible on this topic.

This change will keep me playing PWI for much longer than I had expected. Keep up the good work!b:victory

Raise 10m every week for just my charm cost and we will see how much "fun" this change is for you. b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TW changes, I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but anni packs were the biggest QQ bringer of all time.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how much 'fun' we're going to get out of the new updates. I used to look forward to TW at the end of the week for some break from the monotony that sets in once you hit level 100 but with these changes, there's a chance that TW won't even happen at all because of the secret bidding. Moreover, factions on certain servers rely on strategic bidding for triple attacks in order to break the hegemony of other more powerful, cash-shopping factions. I'm not sure this will really happen with the secret bidding now so on our own in 5 min steam-rolls, it's likely that not much headway can be made and that the maps will remain mono-coloured. Where's the fun in TW then?

I could close an eye on the attempt to create a money-sink in PWI, talk to my other members and try to figure out a way to help fund our faction TWs or help our 200 members with the costs incurred, but all I see is that this is going to create strains on factions, a diminishing populace that would want to TW and a growing disparity between those who utilise the cash shop heavily and those who don't. Those who are able to charge for extra coin will find it easier, and frankly, the Rank IX gear highly favours those people who have been doing so to get their Rank VIII.

Sometimes I wish we didn't copy whole-sale from the PW-CN version. PWI will probably lose a lot of players from this. New players will obviously come in again, being oblivious to the changes that we've seen over the past year, but with bad reviews and bad ratings from your players, I'm not sure how long this can be sustained.

i dont think we are going to have fun either..i didnt say new updates are fun if thats what u thought im annoyed by all the lowbies going YAY

I agree with you.
    Lost City FTW
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Honestly, its not hard making money, but yea, I feel for those who don't wanna bother merching and such for TW fun.

This will hit hard, for those who aren't merchants/cashshoppers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We all knew TW changes were coming. On most servers, especially ours, you hit "m" and realize why. Of course, I don't give a rats **** for TW, but there certainly will be a lot of QQing about this for some time, then people will get over it.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm fine with all the changes, but the mirages. Change it back to something reasonable and it's all good.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Come on guys, after so many threads in the past isnt this the same old sh*t again? Look at the recent DQ 'compensation' thread, how long has it been there and what happened? lol
    Seriously Frankie's real job is just to pacify all the forum QQers and thats about it. The devs need to give the impression that someone is listening to the player base b:chuckle
    You can **** and whine about/to him all you want but it isnt going to change a thing.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am thinking like this:

Charmless TW's = SEE REAL SKILL

^

Take what you have done with your gear and character and see how it can REALLY survive and not relie on a charm...could be fun tbh

Besides...the salary never paid for all of the charms, pots, def/attack charms etc

The money given to me in one week for TW = less then a 5th of what I can make in a day and thats on a BAD day

3mill in one week for war or 15mill + a day...I made 30mill last night in shop ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Anyone who does well in TW uses a charm, plain and simple.

Lies. Anyone who knows their class well (almost no one) and the proper use of items/genies does not need one and can outdo those that have them. Players just play so badly they never learn how to play well.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All of the lowbie factions replying here saying they will have fun in TW will quickly realize what the big factions already know. TW costs a HUGE amount of money each week and the amount of coin we make does not make us "rich" it simply offsets the cost of going to 2+ long TWs each week. This has nothing to do with greed and everything to do with fair reward and motivation to participate.

I am 100% confident that over the next month, if the big factions decide to quit you will see an increase in TW participation (just like you did when Conqueror disbanded and gave back the map). However, it will quickly become pointless and you will never have people motivated to invest the time or energy into controlling the map or continuing to do TWs if all they get is Mirage stones as a reward.

Your server is going to die, you are going to lose your major cashshoppers who fund your salary and your games salary. Good buy to your stock, good bye to your game if you don't post something positive to keep the big factions in this game.
  • Foxy_Kristy - Sanctuary
    Foxy_Kristy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this is a stupid decision sorry. i think this is going to make HEAPS of ppl quit game bc some only play to tw and event and if they cant get paid fro chrms etc how can they tw? ppl work u know and cannot play this game 24/7 and some of us cannot afford to waste our money on the game so thsi is STUPID.

put the dam payment system bk the way it was!!!!! OR pay it the equivilant, 10m = 1k mirages not 100!!!
  • KanyeWest - Raging Tide
    KanyeWest - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TW changes, I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but anni packs were the biggest QQ bringer of all time.

DUDE. YOU TOTALLY JUST STOLE MY LINE.

lolcaps
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This thing of the TW has only 1 name and its called COIN DRAINING.... first it was DQ reduction, then Jolly old jones (+token reduction) then weeks of x exp and x spirit but no x drops.... why? to get people higher levels and with less chances to get stuff in game... now we see tons of people 100 undergeared unless they started buying packs and got event items.... now the new packs with gems and refining orbs... i bet with a chance of 0.0000001% to get something cool huh?

The only way to produce ammounts of coins will be through tokens of best luck, that comes in packs.... so then again, you spoiling the whole game to force us into cash shopping... when a lot of players actually do it!!!!!

And what about that "chance to get a gold medal"..... if u wanna give us a coin reduction so much, then at least it should be for sure to get a gold medal... and even then..... you only create faction drama with this... because.... who is gonna get R9 first? or who are u gonna sell it to?

DOUBLE FAIL!

i thought the wedding revamping was amazing, but you really spoil it announcing the other ideas.... >.<

Additional note
    EVER SINCE PWI HAD HIS 1st anniversary... it started going down.... and going down... and going down... Things where much better before the packs, before the greed.... but... oh well.... at this point a membership online game could be much more enjoyable... than a "so-called" free-to-play <--- this is just a BIG JUICY LIE... now.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Say bye bye to the people who pay your salary pwi staff...
    Lost City FTW
  • Embustero - Harshlands
    Embustero - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This new TW changes stuff I am not reading through 300+ pages of stuff to sift for answers.

Questions:

1. Are towers going to be free?
    2. Are cata scrolls going to be free?
    3. Are you going to reset the map?
    4. How is this a good idea?
    5. More TW less money how is this a going to keep peoples interest?
    6. Why do you ALWAYS make people have to pay more to play?
    7. You have just made it harder for non cash shopping guilds to play the game, why was this done?
    8. Are your developers mentally challenged and throw darts to figure new patches?
    9. Are you intentionally trying to make more people quit this game to start playing your new game?

Please if you are going to delete this thread at least answer the first three questions?
  • Gawker - Harshlands
    Gawker - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I don't think anyone is happy with this change :/
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this is a stupid decision sorry. i think this is going to make HEAPS of ppl quit game bc some only play to tw and event and if they cant get paid fro chrms etc how can they tw? ppl work u know and cannot play this game 24/7 and some of us cannot afford to waste our money on the game so thsi is STUPID.

put the dam payment system bk the way it was!!!!! OR pay it the equivilant, 10m = 1k mirages not 100!!!

u have a week to make funds for a charm..bye bye.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am happy!!

No more greedy, butt people spawn killing for keeping land.
    Atleast the fun of TW will be back and no more fake bids, not to mention going in TW for fun and not to win it.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    cool story and starcraft 2 is out now..who gives a damn.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've been wondering about a lot of the same questions, ever since they released Anniversary Packs.

I want a 1 year rollback pl0x, I don't fuggin care about the money I put into this game since then at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Dynamyte - Lost City
    Dynamyte - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't really mind that there is no more money reward... but the new rewards are not that much of a reward. Once you are level 100 you get soooo many mirages i don t know what to do with them anymore. And the rank item is only nice if you are able to put tons of money in the game to buy the rep needed. No reward would be even better if you ask me ... IF
    actually owning land would give you something extra from the land itself: control over guards, special quests and/or instances, extra drop rate on that land, things like that. Then owning land is a reward on itself for ALL guildies. And it is not necessary to own a lot of lands to make it profitable.
This discussion has been closed.