GOAL: 60mil, QUESTION: how???? Advise from rich ppl wanted :-3

Options
FourteenDays - Lost City
FourteenDays - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
If your rich then i need some advice on how to make money. My goal is to make 60 mil without cash shopping. I already know about running TTs, which i ***** myself out to O_O and sell the mats and so far i have made a nice profit. but any other ways of making money (even if it's repetitive...it's worth it) please post :-3 Imma money nab. Help me not get any worseb:laugh
Post edited by FourteenDays - Lost City on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There are many ways. Stating your level and class is a good start.

Merchanting is a extremely good way to make money.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Talkblade - Raging Tide
    Talkblade - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If your rich then i need some advice on how to make money. My goal is to make 60 mil without cash shopping. I already know about running TTs, which i ***** myself out to O_O and sell the mats and so far i have made a nice profit. but any other ways of making money (even if it's repetitive...it's worth it) please post :-3 Imma money nab. Help me not get any worseb:laugh

Lolumad? Go Charge $150 b:bye
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    not knowing ur lvl doesnt help much, lower tts suck and besides dbl killed that market, Nirvana is the way to go atm

im not sure on lunar matts check them out

otherwise merchant, and watch ah those are the real money makers. but you need money to make money there
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the problem with merchanting that every1 seems so eager to recommend is that you can't just merchant anything...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Our secrets b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The Secret:

You have been playing the game from the beginning. From that time if you played your cards right, you should be walking with a few 100 Million in your bank.

This is considering you still will not pay with RL money. If I was more focused when I started I would have had a NIX/Herc easily. Why, why did I have to enjoy real life and start a family. b:cute
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Merchanting. Because that really is the only way to go.

Fifteen minutes everyday. Check shops in Arch and see what the market price is for something. Buy low, sell high.

It works.

In a month I have made easily over 200 million.

Right now I'm sitting on about 50 million in items. I just bought my veno her FC weapon, refined it to +3, sharded it with a perfect shard, got Dark Lord for my archer and bought TT mats easily worth up to 20 mil in price in total for my veno's 90 gear. This isn't including smaller purchases and money I just gave or spent on my friends.

You don't even need to buy and sell items, you could just buy and sell gold and get the same affect provided you check every day for fifteen, twenty minutes what the prices are and do a small bit of math to calculate your total spending in comparison to your total profit.

Not hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The Secret:

You have been playing the game from the beginning. From that time if you played your cards right, you should be walking with a few 100 Million in your bank.

This is considering you still will not pay with RL money. If I was more focused when I started I would have had a NIX/Herc easily. Why, why did I have to enjoy real life and start a family. b:cute

Been here since b4 CB, obviously I stopped playing for a long time lol... but I am certainly not rich and I have no idea how to make money. All I ever did was grind. Plus, the economy is constantly changing and things that used to be in high demand are obsolete.

and Rose... I NEEDS MONEY! xD you know I've always been broke, why not give me a few pointers on making money hehe b:thanks b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Merchanting. Because that really is the only way to go.

Fifteen minutes everyday. Check shops in Arch and see what the market price is for something. Buy low, sell high.

It works.

In a month I have made easily over 200 million.

Right now I'm sitting on about 50 million in items. I just bought my veno her FC weapon, refined it to +3, sharded it with a perfect shard, got Dark Lord for my archer and bought TT mats easily worth up to 20 mil in price in total for my veno's 90 gear. This isn't including smaller purchases and money I just gave or spent on my friends.

You don't even need to buy and sell items, you could just buy and sell gold and get the same affect provided you check every day for fifteen, twenty minutes what the prices are and do a small bit of math to calculate your total spending in comparison to your total profit.

Not hard.

Gold Trading

Sale Price = (-1.02 times Buy Price - Profit)/-.98 <-- per gold. substitute Y for Sale Price, X for Buy Price and input how much profit you want to make. Simple 7th grade algebra. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    filter circumvention is a bannable offense - FrankieRaye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL at above post.

Actually, getting your post edited or removed is not exactly what will happen. Getting your forum accuont banned for a bit is more than likely.

And not all rich people are like that. Don't be so sterotypical. Your personality shown in your post makes you seem worse.
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol, they can ban me, thats fine, I'm just getting it out there, I was never ALLOWED to make my oppion heard. my father would beat the **** out of me if I spoke, now I don't live with him I'mma blabber mouth and a trash talker =/

I'm being sterotypical becasue it what I've seen, I've only come across one nice rich person in my life], she died in a car crash a few years ago.

If by personallty you mean marrying a cash shopper, I was kidding. I'm not a user beond any point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    filter circumvention is a bannable offense - FrankieRaye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Talkblade - Raging Tide
    Talkblade - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol, they can ban me, thats fine, I'm just getting it out there, I was never ALLOWED to make my oppion heard. my father would beat the **** out of me if I spoke, now I don't live with him I'mma blabber mouth and a trash talker =/

I'm being sterotypical becasue it what I've seen, I've only come across one nice rich person in my life], she died in a car crash a few years ago.

If by personallty you mean marrying a cash shopper, I was kidding. I'm not a user beond any point.

Riveting Tale Chap. b:victory
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so this discussion above needs to end.

And Merchanting is not at all as easy as people are saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yashino wrote: »
    60m only?

...easy shiit.

Triple that plus in a day b:dirtyb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Finn_haar - Sanctuary
    Finn_haar - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well I've been trying to save money too.....without succes -__-'' everytime I grind or farm or do tt i have to repair my gear and there goes my money again.....
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well I've been trying to save money too.....without succes -__-'' everytime I grind or farm or do tt i have to repair my gear and there goes my money again.....

Now thats realistic. same goes for me. the people who say that they make millions a day have a ton of money to start out with and are very high level and have multiple computers that can run all day selling

It's easier to make money when you already have a ton and can just go out and kill mobs for 10x as much per drop than lower levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Now thats realistic. same goes for me. the people who say that they make millions a day have a ton of money to start out with and are very high level and have multiple computers that can run all day selling

It's easier to make money when you already have a ton and can just go out and kill mobs for 10x as much per drop than lower levels

I call BS.

1) I started out with one million coins that I grinded on my veno in a three day grace period, average grinding speed. As I just said, from that one million that I grinded out on a venomancer without doing any merchanting I now have over fifty million in assets and just spent roughly fifty million as well.

2) I have one machine. It cannot be left on all day. I do not have a separate account or computer, meaning if I get stuck sitting in a cat shop, that is where I will be until I do something else.

3) My veno was easily bringing in at least one million every five days at most through her grinding since level 50 (factoring in the DQ nerf only happened a couple of months ago and she was 7x by this point, however.

No, it's not hard to do. You're just lazy or you aren't saving your money properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

or if you have a photographic memory for numbers, i guess.

spend fifteen minutes a day checking catshops in arch for price levels and opportunities to buy low, sell high? okay, i can do that. at the end of the fifteen minutes i'll have forgotten every single last thing i saw or learned during the first ten of them. unless i spend twice the time writing all that ***** down, and then spend more time crossreferencing my own notes to spot the opportunities --- at which point i'm suddenly playing an MMOSpreadsheet and would much rather just go grind, devil take the opportunities for profit.

auction house, same thing. sure, i can search for items by name; most of the time i get nothing, because nobody's selling whatever random drop i searched on. fifteen, thirty, forty-five minutes could easily go to just getting a decent picture of what all's on there and what it's going for --- and it's all of it time spent doing something about as exciting as watching lotus 1-2-3 recalculate on an original PC-AT, circa 1990. that's. not. a. game.

i'll grant the auction house is useful for selling higher-level crafting mats, though, i've made a decent profit from lowballing everybody else there by 1k coin per mat. and i lowball by that much because i want the **** to sell, not bounce back to me sans half the fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I call BS.

1) I started out with one million coins that I grinded on my veno in a three day grace period, average grinding speed. As I just said, from that one million that I grinded out on a venomancer without doing any merchanting I now have over fifty million in assets and just spent roughly fifty million as well.

2) I have one machine. It cannot be left on all day. I do not have a separate account or computer, meaning if I get stuck sitting in a cat shop, that is where I will be until I do something else.

3) My veno was easily bringing in at least one million every five days at most through her grinding since level 50 (factoring in the DQ nerf only happened a couple of months ago and she was 7x by this point, however.

No, it's not hard to do. You're just lazy or you aren't saving your money properly.

Venos have almost no cost at all to use. Clerics on the other hand do. so theres one problem I got.

I started with 500k and I'm at 4m but all I've done is gold trade once a day and since I can't monitor the prices and things like the packs getting removed and gold prices dropping without enough warning for me to get on, I lose more money than I make.

I know you won't be willing to tell, but you still aren't answering the huge question of how you turned that 1m to 50m, you say merchanting, but what? 1m can not buy you anything for the CS so obviously you aren't merchanting anything big like mounts and flights, possibly some fashion but merchanting fashion is too risky. So you must be doing something cheaper.

If you only have one computer to use I'm guessing you make most of your money from the AH, so maybe you just buy completely random things and resale at a higher price, but unless you know that market perfectly and can track how much an item has been worth over time, you must just take complete control by buying all of one item and selling it all at a higher price
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    **removed**

You dont hate rich people, you envy them.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Stuff

-claps- Why do you think people make venomancer alts?

As far as solo grinding goes from early to late levels, venomancers are awesome. They do not cost much to keep going, if you can manage to get a Herc (yes, I also merchanted and gold traded up a Herc for my veno and have already made back that money) then you can easily be grinding 2 million every few days. That's basic physics. If you want to make money that badly? Level a veno. It's not even that hard to level any more so you can't complain about taking five months to level the veno to a point she can grind easily.

There are also instances that clerics can AoE grind I hear, although you would have to ask a cleric for more details because I have not gotten my own cleric alt to a level at which she grinds. (Nor will she need to.)

That one million turned into ten million by buying and selling gold.

Step one: Get a notebook.
    Step two: Have columns for buying and selling and note the prices. There are small but noticeable fluctuations of price that you can use to your advantage and use to maximise your profit.
    Step three: If there happens to be a sale, take note of how the gold prices are effected and what the sale was. Take note and remember it for the future.
    Step four: Buy and sell, and if you're like me, write down what you buy and for how much (fee included) and what you sell and for how much (silver fee included)

After two weeks of doing this, and only being online for a max of half an hour every day, I had an accurate note of the prices on Dreamweaver for that time period. One million turned into ten.

Then with ten million coins you can either decide to carry on gold trading, which is something you can always do regardless of sales or events I might add (hint hint) or you can decide to try your hand at looking into buying items with that ten million and then selling them for profit.

And to be honest, there's nothing to detail about that. I started off in perfect stones, mirages and other things in typical high demand (but also with a lot of competition.) The more confident I grew, the more I stepped out the comfort zone of "items in real every day demand" and more into "items I may potentially never sell before the price drops."

Example: second set of Dark Lord wings I didn't bother to mention simply because I resold them, however. Made a very easy 3 million profit from that by buying low and then selling high. And I did it at the right time because if I hadn't done it then, by now I'd be losing money on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I'll call BS on this definitely. My old main was a cleric, and I was farming 1 mil+ in a few hours quite easily. I even posted the method for how to do this over a year ago on the cleric forums, and I was doing it at lvl 72 without refined gear and just mold/self-crafted gear I got from doing cube runs since 6X. Repair cost was about non-existant as well, since while I may have been fighting 20 mobs at once, it was poison damage so did very little equipment damage. If putting a good amount of time in, 2-3 mil was possible in one day just off of drops alone.

So if you're having trouble getting money from grinding, it is because you are doing it wrong. Clerics have the easiest time grinding at 70+ for sure (possibly earlier, didn't come up with the fly lure AoE idea until 7x though), and if you actually create farming gear it becomes almost easy mode.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, no, not really. It definitely helps to have more money, but it generally doesn't take that long to get enough.

My low-level alt on Lost City is at 60 million, and he was just a casual experiment. Probably he represents about 3 months worth of actual merchanting, but I took plenty of breaks and neglected him for extended periods.

Starting with absolutely nothing a low-level merchant can earn about 200k per day leaving a single computer running while sleeping/at-work. I use DQ21 and Honey Juice, but there are tons of others that work just as well.

Once you reach about 1.5 million in a week you can move on to buy/sell shops with something like Perfect Stones and start bringing in 500k or so per day. This can generate up to over a million or so per day with experience.

Overall, it takes about a month and a half to get to the point where you've got enough money to effectively trade in anything.

But having said all that, the missing ingredient is knowledge and experience. The PWI economy is huge and it's full of markets that are worthless. Knowing which ones are worth the effort takes time to learn, but they're constantly shifting.

The Secret:

I started fairly close to the beginning and have made some huge financial blunders. I missed out on opportunities that I should have known better about.

I played for about 9 months before I finally started understanding the importance of being a serious investor, rather than a spender who was fooling himself into thinking he was being financially wise.

When that change in my thinking finally happened my girlfriend and I had about 10 million to invest. We now have 1.2 billion.

So if you played your cards right from the beginning, you'd probably have at least 8 billion. If you've been here since the beginning and you have less than 4 billion, it's because you, like 99% of us, have played your cards wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    for the OP. No ones gonna really tell u anything that useful. Youll have to find it out yourself cause for pple who merchant, another player following them is a potential rival. They will tell u how much they earn but never how.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    for the OP. No ones gonna really tell u anything that useful. Youll have to find it out yourself cause for pple who merchant, another player following them is a potential rival. They will tell u how much they earn but never how.

Except for HH....but I did share some tips with you few in Sanc b:cuteb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Except for HH....but I did share some tips with you few in Sanc b:cuteb:kiss
    *chirps* moar moar!! :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *chirps* moar moar!! :>

Trying a few things this weekend (/facepalm)...I'll let you know how it goes b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You were supposed to log onto RT and tell me ur money making secrets b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."