Options

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You were supposed to log onto RT and tell me ur money making secrets b:sad

*sigh*

I can't do everything b:sad....I'll ninja in ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You were supposed to log onto RT and tell me ur money making secrets b:sad
    just go to noob town and pick up the coins the new pple fail to take. Youll be rich with hundreds of coins in an hour or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    just go to noob town and pick up the coins the new pple fail to take. Youll be rich with hundreds of coins in an hour or so.

I did that when the Jolly Jones Event was on just because I was in the area b:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hehe i like pretty much every1 that commented above on this page :D that, if nothing else, restored a little bit of my faith xD

Now w8 about the cleric grinding in the cube, i've never been in and had no idea you could o.o i used to aoe grind on the lvl 72 petali's and thats how I got the first bit of money I had to start thinking about merchanting, but now im too high to get drops off of those. I guess I should look into the cube haha

Thanks alot every1 b:victory

oh fail ninja'd >.> i like every1 on the LAST page :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I need 28mil to get 60mil.

Wanna race?
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Want $$$?

Win Nien Event in Top 5 of your class, then having the super-special-awesome luck I have, pull lots and lots of Excitement Cards!b:cool

Seriously though, merch stuff, buy low, sell high, its been told on the forums, and most ppl wont give any other secrets.

Nirvana....sucks now, TT3-3....sucks now... <__<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Get claws, get -int gear, win top 5 NQ, get money.

Made 6mil last night from one event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'll call BS on this definitely. My old main was a cleric, and I was farming 1 mil+ in a few hours quite easily. I even posted the method for how to do this over a year ago on the cleric forums, and I was doing it at lvl 72 without refined gear and just mold/self-crafted gear I got from doing cube runs since 6X. Repair cost was about non-existant as well, since while I may have been fighting 20 mobs at once, it was poison damage so did very little equipment damage. If putting a good amount of time in, 2-3 mil was possible in one day just off of drops alone.
    That's been my experience too. People trying to make money get too fixated on lowering cost. Cost is just one half of the equation, the other half is revenue. How much money you make is revenue minus cost. Clerics have higher costs than venos, but in my experience their higher revenue rate more than makes up for it.

Where venos shine is in safety. It's very hard to get your veno killed while grinding. No so much for the cleric. A lag bubble at a bad time and your cleric is dead. For the veno, the pet dies and the veno can just jump up and fly to safety.

As for what to sell, you have to figure that out on your own. What's good to sell is partly dependent on what others aren't selling. If we tell you on these forums what to sell, then lots of other people start selling it, and it's no longer a good thing to sell. And anyway, the important thing isn't knowing what's good to sell, the important thing is learning how to find something good to sell. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    60 mill shouldn't be a problem ...provided you dont have an addiction to gamble packs and mirage-only-refining and you don't like to hoard HH mats like me. However, keeping 2-5 million helps me a lot. I can do cube and almost always come out richer than going in. On average for me cube brings in 500k a day( including PoF). Grinding is still a good way to gain money though. Merchanting sounds easier than it really is but it can be worth it.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so this discussion above needs to end.

And Merchanting is not at all as easy as people are saying.

Merchanting really doesnt work unless you use the boutique its as simple as that. Anyone who tells you they never use the boutique and are making over 30 mil easy are liars
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Merchanting really doesnt work unless you use the boutique its as simple as that. Anyone who tells you they never use the boutique and are making over 30 mil easy are liars

b:chuckle

I don't sell one thing from the Boutique and make 30mill easily in one night if I set up shop...but I am a liar b:chuckleb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Check out EVGA's shops and he has way more than 30m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

You must suck as a merchant if you have to use the boutique to make yourself 30 million. My latest 200 million didn't come from the boutique whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My latest 200 million didn't come from the boutique whatsoever.

Wanna donate? b:cute

Jk <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah yeah keep lying ya cash shoppersb:laugh
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like stated before, it takes patience and persistence in order to merchant properly.

Its not a big thing of mine to Merchant. I rather grind out my funds, utilize AH, and continue to play instead of sitting in a Catshop all day or study the market too much. That's just my prerogative though. TT/Lunar mats -always- sell, so does mats used for manufacturing, and herbs. Those things you know you will almost always make profit off of, and no money comes from your part, only time and dedication.

There isn't anything wrong with merchanting, it is a good way to make money, but there is a lot of competition and whatnot. If its honestly not for you, I wouldn't advise it. Its a pretty ruthless market out there.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like stated before, it takes patience and persistence in order to merchant properly.

Its not a big thing of mine to Merchant. I rather grind out my funds, utilize AH, and continue to play instead of sitting in a Catshop all day or study the market too much. That's just my prerogative though. TT/Lunar mats -always- sell, so does mats used for manufacturing, and herbs. Those things you know you will almost always make profit off of, and no money comes from your part, only time and dedication.

There isn't anything wrong with merchanting, it is a good way to make money, but there is a lot of competition and whatnot. If its honestly not for you, I wouldn't advise it. Its a pretty ruthless market out there.

I think I'm gonna try to mix the whole grinding for money/TT/Cube/Farming mats with some merchanting, mainly with the AH. sounds good, but lets see how it works xD b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah yeah keep lying ya cash shoppersb:laugh
    I think I'm gonna try to mix the whole grinding for money/TT/Cube/Farming mats with some merchanting, mainly with the AH. sounds good, but lets see how it works xD b:victory

Ah, I didn't think of Cube =o Merchanting in Cube is a pretty good way to make money too, since practically everyone goes through there for the free tele so your shop will definitely be seen.

Also, Catshop[if you're gunna] around places where the material needed is at its most convienant. I.E:

-TT mats sells at Forges

-Wine Sales at Head Hunter

-Mat sells at Blacksmith
    Here I reccomend you'll make the most profit selling beginner mats at the starter city Blacksmiths, since no one honestly feels like searching for the lvl 1 mats to start off the manufacturing.

-Herb sales at Archosaur Apo Masters

-Tele Stone sales at the last four spots of the World Quest

-Gamma and Delta Apos and Tickets at the Spirtual Disciple in Archosaur.

And other little spots around the map where certain items are needed. You'll be surprised how well it works. Location, Location, Location =D
    b:cute
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i made a decent amount of coins in this game. im the lazy kind of player but i think i got over 250 mil worth of 'things' i have. i use shop too but those who will tell you that makes lots of millions over night are just plain liars.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wanna donate? b:cute

Jk <3

Says little miss "I opened hundreds of packs and got tokens" yet I saw no donations! It's a two way street Grav!
    QQQQQQ WHY ARE YOU SO SELFISH QQQQQQ?!??

/joke rage

And also, kenlee, I'm totally a plain liar. I totally did not make ten million tonight, nope. Definitely not sitting on another 38 mils worth of stuff either. Nope. Totally all in my head.

And whatever I buy with this money too will also be all in my head as well, I guess. Cause I'm a liar. My Dark Lord wings aren't real. At all. Nope. I didn't make the millions overnight to buy them overnight, nope nope nope.

(I love people who have to deny the truth because they're butthurt they can't make as much.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    for the OP. No ones gonna really tell u anything that useful. Youll have to find it out yourself cause for pple who merchant, another player following them is a potential rival. They will tell u how much they earn but never how.
    Um... that's not true.

I have no real idea about how a lot of other merchants make their money, but I've never been secretive about what I've been doing.

In fact, here's the complete list of all my major merchant items, in roughly chronological order: DQ21, Dull Claws, Honey Juice, Battle Pet Packs, Jolly Jones, Perfect Stones, Tokens->Oracles, Anniversary Packs, Coral, Tiger Packs, and Sunshine Packs.

Also, I owe my entire success as a merchant to somebody here on the forums who told me exactly what to do to make tons of money during Jolly Jones (ie. don't buy and hold for a long time hoping for a high markup, instead buy and sell right away for a slim markup, but do it repeatedly). I simply took exactly what they told me and applied it directly to the next sale (Battle Pet Packs), and that opened my eyes to how to merchant successfully. In fact, here's the post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1998501&postcount=24

The problem, however, is that the markets are constantly shifting. People ask me for advice, but actually they want step-by-step directions. But I can't give them any because I don't know what the future holds. All I can tell them is what I did in the past, even though those markets are gone now.

In fact, right now I'm actually earning pretty much nothing as a merchant because I'm undecided about what to try next. But I'm sure I'll figure something out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Um... that's not true.

I have no real idea about how a lot of other merchants make their money, but I've never been secretive about what I've been doing.

You know, I wonder this as well. I don't make big money at all (your merchanting skills far outshine mine because I think I'm dabbling in the right market a little too late if you know what I mean. Sunshine packs, but sadly the market for those is over and I seem to have been left with spares I cannot sell.) but I wouldn't sit around not saying what I did.

Mostly because it's really not rocket science in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Says little miss "I opened hundreds of packs and got tokens" yet I saw no donations! It's a two way street Grav!
    QQQQQQ WHY ARE YOU SO SELFISH QQQQQQ?!??

*sends tokens*

Anyhow~ How I make my money :3

I farm herbs in Hell, farm TT, sell fashion, sell tokens, sell gold, sell my husband, etc :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *sends tokens*

Anyhow~ How I make my money :3

I farm herbs in Hell, farm TT, sell fashion, sell tokens, sell gold, sell my husband, etc :3

-sells tokens- -buys more tokens- -sells more tokens-

HOMG I'M MERCHANTING.

Also, Grav. You sell fashion? That made me laugh because we all know you're like me and you only end up buying prettier fashion. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    -sells tokens- -buys more tokens- -sells more tokens-

HOMG I'M MERCHANTING.

Also, Grav. You sell fashion? That made me laugh because we all know you're like me and you only end up buying prettier fashion. >.>

I know b:surrender At the moment, I have a bunch of pure black/red/white stuff I don't wear, and I'm content with my Duke Rose top/Summer camp skirt/Duke Rose boots outfit. And I need the money badly. Trying to save up 65mil for Wings of Cloudcharger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I know b:surrender At the moment, I have a bunch of pure black/red/white stuff I don't wear, and I'm content with my Duke Rose top/Summer camp skirt/Duke Rose boots outfit. And I need the money badly. Trying to save up 65mil for Wings of Cloudcharger.

You know I have no idea what I want to get with the money I'm working on saving. But surprisingly my urge to buy fashion is totally dead and the urge to try and get Ocean Glory is diminishing greatly.
    I'm considering perhaps trying to save up for a wing trophy at this point. Only about 10 mil to go if I ever manage to sell these damn packs and two mounts. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »
    i use shop too but those who will tell you that makes lots of millions over night are just plain liars.
    Not really...
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So gold trading today = total of 0 profit, made up the X amount of money I lost though haha. Not sure how much I lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So gold trading today = total of 0 profit, made up the X amount of money I lost though haha. Not sure how much I lost.

Gold trading is risky. Very risky. Very high chance of actually losing coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Gold trading should be a long term thing. That you do over months. Personally I like high volume quick sales.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.