GM Response: DQ Mats price change

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Umm no Bird is the Word is worse imo....b:sadb:angry

Even when you see those two guys dancing in your mind? I think it's horrible... b:chuckle

EDIT: got kinda offtopic here
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Errol - Dreamweaver
    Errol - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like the idea of the 2x drops as a compensation, but not on a permanent basis.

Perhaps as a weekly, or monthly, event. "2x Tuesday" or something like that...

Then again, for all we know, and looking at how things have been going, the compensation could be cash shop related - like sales, bonus Zen. And that wouldn't be helping much. But then again, that's a worst-case scenario perception. =/

Here's to hoping for the best. *sips wine*
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks to the GM's for taking up the issue with the devs.
    Finding something to compensate would not be easy, perhaps allow betting on the horse races? Or another form of betting that everyone, from level 1 to 105 can take part in. Gladiator arena perhaps. oh well,
    i just wanted to say thank you, not post tons of ideas. b:cute
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

Additional response from later in the thread:

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

This is the first time I've seen pwi actually say "OOOPS, wait, we need to fix this and then do so" KUDDO's!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheetoz - Harshlands
    Cheetoz - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pretty much this. This code change of DQ price changes might also be integrated into other sections of the patch...so if it's changed, who knows what else might change (Duke Rose Fiasco, anyone remember...?).

what was this?
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hmm. maybe i quit to soon
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    what was this?

Long story short, it was the only time the PWI servers had an Emergency Shutdown (since a glitch, which is now patched, was exploited to flood the market with literallly BILLIONS of coin).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Long story short, it was the only time the PWI servers had an Emergency Shutdown (since a glitch, which is now patched, was exploited to flood the market with literallly BILLIONS of coin).

oh yes yes! i remember!

All these ppl QQ-ing that the GMs shouldnt do a roll-back.
    Servers went offline, when the servers came back up, there hadn't been a roll-back.
    All these ppl starting QQ-ing the GMs should've done a roll-back.

/facepalm
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Well, damm.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Okay, here's what I think, based off of previous knowledge:

It's not going to be a Cash Shop item. Why do I dare to hope for this? Why do I have the guts, and more balls then half the guys on this forum to say this? It's because of the Perfect Horn situation fom way back. We know the people of PWI don't need permission from the devs in China, else they wouldn't have been able to eliminate the Perfect Horns so quickly. Thus, we know that this is something more complicated than a cash-shop item.

It's not going to be a 2x event either. Why do I say this? I'm almost certain the people in charge of the American release determine 2x events independent of their Chinese 'overlords'. Simply because there are events that China has that America doesn't, and events that America has that China doesn't. Also, the first post of this thread promises to "add something to our specific version of the game". It would be a big stretch to say it's a 2x event. Besides, the devs aren't that stupid, they know that's not going to appease us in the long run, or even remotely short run.

A permenant increase in drops? Maybe. It's possible. I, however, think it's more likely to be something like a special permenent event, or special items native to PWI.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    OK so now you've all heard the word.

If this doesn't calm you all down then...

Go scour the net for a new game...

Preferrably one with a theme about cry babies & the winner is the one who complains the longest & loudest.

Because only then will you all be happy.

To those of you who never pay PWI for their game...

You get EXACTLY the amount of consideration you deserve from them.

I think they are quite generous to you as well as far more patient than I am about it.

Just be happy paying players make your game possible & enjoy what you have or move on.

Thank you.
    GTFO

To even enjoy this game you need 3-4 times the amount you'd pay for a subscription-based MMO, and that's without going into the competitive areas. Reason? **** ways & drops to afford stuff in game, retardedly high npc costs, too much boutique **** that has to be traded with others so it's based on player trade rather than fixed price/fixed chance to drop. And by "boutique ****" I mean the more essential things, not fashion.

And it's people like you who are the top of the problem. Because if ppl were more reasonable against putting up with this **** instead of siding with the devs, they would change it to something more reasonable like most p2p MMOs who care about their players (after all, the longer you are subscribed, the more you pay).

No I'm not saying this has to be anywhere near those other games, heck it's why I chose to play it instead. But it's got way past ridiculous right now.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Okay, here's what I think, based off of previous knowledge:

It's not going to be a Cash Shop item. Why do I dare to hope for this? Why do I have the guts, and more balls then half the guys on this forum to say this? It's because of the Perfect Horn situation fom way back. We know the people of PWI don't need permission from the devs in China, else they wouldn't have been able to eliminate the Perfect Horns so quickly. Thus, we know that this is something more complicated than a cash-shop item.

It's not going to be a 2x event either. Why do I say this? I'm almost certain the people in charge of the American release determine 2x events independent of their Chinese 'overlords'. Simply because there are events that China has that America doesn't, and events that America has that China doesn't. Also, the first post of this thread promises to "add something to our specific version of the game". It would be a big stretch to say it's a 2x event. Besides, the devs aren't that stupid, they know that's not going to appease us in the long run, or even remotely short run.

A permenant increase in drops? Maybe. It's possible. I, however, think it's more likely to be something like a special permenent event, or special items native to PWI.

+1

A permanent even can go two ways, either really really good, or glitchtastic. X-mas event anyone?

I would like to see a permanent increase in DQ drops, but that's my personal preference.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thank you for the update, frankie =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

Now we await the mysterious compensation...hope it's something decent.

Thanx 4 the update :)
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    honestly, 20 percent on a 4k (at most) item isnt all that much, but yea, it does pile up. then again, not many people grind mobs anymore. and there are a lot of reasons for that. the outrage that people are expressing is just that this 20 percent reduction is further insult to many injuries to the game economy. what it basically boils down to is things that have been said many times by many other people 1- give us a reason to kill monsters, and 2- give us a way to make money other than buying gold or merchanting 24/7.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for keeping your word and getting back to us, Frankie. =) It's much appreciated.

I hope something can be worked out. It sucks that everyone has to be "punished" for something a whole other game is doing, but at least they're apparently trying to work something out for us.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There should be no compensation imo...the game changes all the time...people can adapt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Hey everyone,

However:

You know, the 2x drops you did helped people farm DQ quite a while, not to mention there being "ok" DQ drops in OHT maps, so I'm sure they knew of it when they did 2x several times over. I don't think this 20% decrease in DQ is so much to counteract "gold farming" as it is to bait people into buying more gold. While I despise grinding DQ for coin, this is certainly going to take one option away from people who want to earn their coin instead of buy it. I'm interested to see how one "counteracts" this.
  • Shadow_Kaza - Heavens Tear
    Shadow_Kaza - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Sanku for all your efforts Frankieraye. At the start of this thread you did give us a clear answer as to why they have decided to reduce the DQ prices, but "Is it the TRUTH"? Can PWE show us any proof that this is happening on the Chinese servers? Are there any articles or information we can see for our selves? Sorry if I seem not to trust money hungry companies to tell us the truth or the whole truth.

(As for all you who complain the whining stop) We have every right to complain, we have the choice to speak our minds without others trying to silence our words. Words are all we have to communicate with. Freedom still reigns. We will continue voicing our concerns, our thoughts, our likes/dislikes, etc etc.

It will be hard to find any acceptable compensation to the DQ prices dropping. How can we be sure that this compensation will make up for the long term impact? In my personal experience, any company who has fed the public or t(heir workers) with those lines compensated very poorly. It will continue to be in the favor of the big companies. I'm sure everyone can give one good example of this.

I will continue on as many will in life, but just know that many of us are looking for other MMO's out there already.
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    oh yes yes! i remember!

All these ppl QQ-ing that the GMs shouldnt do a roll-back.
    Servers went offline, when the servers came back up, there hadn't been a roll-back.
    All these ppl starting QQ-ing the GMs should've done a roll-back.

/facepalm

Yeap...good times...good times. b:surrender
    Well, damm.

Yes. "Well, damn", indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeap...good times...good times. b:surrender

Yes. "Well, damn", indeed.

Ooh, i'm telling XD b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Ooh, i'm telling XD b:chuckle

b:sad

You wouldn't...!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Krisnda - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    b:sad

You wouldn't...!
    Lol, il let it go this time...but be on your best behavior ^^ lol.

Also, that whole billion dollar thing, did anyone get paid from that or did they deploy the multi armed BanHammer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Lol, il let it go this time...but be on your best behavior ^^ lol.

Also, that whole billion dollar thing, did anyone get paid from that or did they deploy the multi armed BanHammer

Bans were handed out faster than my posting speed on a good day.

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Bans were handed out faster than my posting speed on a good day.

b:mischievous

So not that fast?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Krisnda - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Ouch... good thing i wasn't there, so what is your take on all of this DQ QQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    So not that fast?

b:shedtear
    Ouch... good thing i wasn't there, so what is your take on all of this DQ QQ?

Hm...well, if you really want my take on it...

...I was kinda saddened when they said that DQ prices might be dropping. I mean, call me old-fashioned, but I really love grinding. I actually don't mind going out into the field and killing various mobs for drops and whatnot, just to break even at the end of the day. However, this reduction in DQ price just makes a practice that is already obsolete near-pointless...though I still continue to do it, just because it helps kill the time, and I still enjoy grinding, even without much profit.

I humbly look forward to whatever the compensation will be (I hope maybe a 1.25 permanent DQ drop rate).

Represent. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010

I kid you know that...b:chuckleb:heart

And NO to higher drop rates >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    I kid you know that...b:chuckleb:heart

And NO to higher drop rates >_>

...even if they find a way to make the increased drop rates DQ-only?

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Krisnda - Lost City
    edited May 2010

Hm...well, if you really want my take on it...

...I was kinda saddened when they said that DQ prices might be dropping. I mean, call me old-fashioned, but I really love grinding. I actually don't mind going out into the field and killing various mobs for drops and whatnot, just to break even at the end of the day. However, this reduction in DQ price just makes a practice that is already obsolete near-pointless...though I still continue to do it, just because it helps kill the time, and I still enjoy grinding, even without much profit.

I humbly look forward to whatever the compensation will be (I hope maybe a 1.25 permanent DQ drop rate).

Represent. b:cool

I agree, im one of those "other" people who actually like to do quests (even if i dont have people wanting to help) and its better than going afk all day doing a WQb:surrender .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
This discussion has been closed.