GM Response: DQ Mats price change

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

Additional response from later in the thread:

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I love how you pull through on your promises to talk to them for us. :)

Thanks, Frankie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2010

to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added

1. Thanks for doing smthn bout this^^
    2. any ideas about what this compensation will be? (basically anything UNdetailed? or am I asking too much...)

Anyway, thanks b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • ELITE_ONE - Raging Tide
    ELITE_ONE - Raging Tide Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Love u frankieraye b:dirty ty b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild QQme
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Good to know something will be given to help us since they are still going through with 20% drop :/
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    YES! thanks frankie b:pleased
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's good to hear, still there is no explanation as to WHY this is happening
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm not so optimistic. If it take same time as fixing bugs it will be NEVER.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Frankie, there's only one phrase that can properly describe my feelings about you right now.

LIKE A BOSS.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:thanks thanks frankie b:sad why are they taking away our dq money tho?
  • Dire_Straits - Raging Tide
    Dire_Straits - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks GM team, I hope the counter measure initiates on the same day when DQ change happens b:thanks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    and I hope it isn't cash-related b:angry
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    THANKS for teh info...

... but more importantly.... Thankz Konari for saying "Oh Hai" to me in game!! I will never wash mah screen againb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Commence operation 'Farm as much DQ **** as you can before prices drop' otherwise known as...FAMDQSAYCBPD. Never let it be said that I was good at making acronyms. b:surrender
    I will never wash mah screen againb:cute

*sneezes on FateMakerr's screen*
    b:avoid
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Konari for making half the server lose the game
    >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Personally, the "compensation" has to be good in order for me to be happy about this. Dropping the amount of coin all players make via DQ and not having a good way to combat this will make the community more upset as it already is.

On a side note, thank you for communicating to the devs. Communication is the key to success, and must be done in order for this community and game as a whole to succeed.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:sin

U MAD?

Hey, at least I helped get the word out to my fellow HT'ers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

thanks for the info and effort from your part.b:victory
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well this is good that the GM's talked to the devs on this one.

However it seems that when push comes to shove the GM's have no veto power and just have to take it. Its nice to be compensated but really the important question is when ? Changes take a long time to go through and I can see it being a long while before anything happens . Agree with Tremblewith that the compensation will have to be very good indeed.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only compensation that I want is an honest reason why they are doing it.

It's a situation I honestly think we can adjust to - I just want to hear the devs openly and honestly admit that they are implementing for a specific reason.

Not that I think they'd be willing to be honest about it or anything . . . I'd just love to hear "Sorry guys - people in another version are hacking and we're too lazy to stop it there, so you're all screwed."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In other words... "we heard all the QQing but we're going ahead with it anyway. Don't ask us the reason too. Oh and there will be yet another 2x event coming soon so ya'll will finally **** about this" b:chuckle
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nothing would make me happier than hearing :

Hey guys as compensation there will NEVER be another 2x experience again.

Seriously tho - if 'compensation' for dev incompetence ends up being some stupid +x event, it will likely be time for Ted to find a new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • FrostFlower - Heavens Tear
    FrostFlower - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's good to hear, still there is no explanation as to WHY this is happening

Seriously.

Can anyone from PW staff tell why they're doing that? Why does the company over there take charge of PWI's economy? There's hardly any bots here, so changing the pricing for dq items is just dumb.
    Frostflower-Quit
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Great! Now, perhaps people can stop complaining about the GM's saying they do nothing, when in fact there is not proof they are working for our benefit. Thanks for all your efforts, Frankie!

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wow this is much more than I expected. Frankie you turned out to be an amazing community GM! Thanks so much for representing us to the developers and such!

... This compensation... what could it be?! :D
    An all around 2x-Event would be aweful >.<
    Increase the drop rates of DQ? O.o
    Special Peewigenie Cookies to increase your genie's LP?! Drop from normal mobs and heaven/hell/OHT only! :D
    Frankie-GM Pies! :o
    New drops? O.o''
    Monkey All-class pets with cute hats that pick up all our drops?!!! :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    animated-facepalm-thumb-512x512.gif
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Great! Now, perhaps people can stop complaining about the GM's saying they do nothing, when in fact there is not proof they are working for our benefit. Thanks for all your efforts, Frankie!

b:thanks
    yea, it's about time I thinks :)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why do I feel like they would come up with something like...

"Just to make you guys feel better, we made extra special 50 silver 'Sorry' packs! Coming to the cash shop soon!"

Also thank you very much Frankie and whoever else for asking them, not that I really have any doubts about GM's any of the time.

Devs on the other hand...b:sad
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If it doesnt compensate for us non-cash shoppers than it fails, Nuff said
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If it doesnt compensate for us non-cash shoppers than it fails, Nuff said

It won't. It'll be something like double xp/spirit/drops for two weeks or something like that.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    free GM-candles for all? :)
This discussion has been closed.