GM Response: DQ Mats price change

Options

Comments

• Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...even if they find a way to make the increased drop rates DQ-only?

b:question

What's the whole -20% good for then if it's compensated on the same items b:shutup
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree, im one of those "other" people who actually like to do quests (even if i dont have people wanting to help) and its better than going afk all day doing a WQb:surrender .

Yeah. Quests and grinding are usually my two main sources of play/income in a game.
    What's the whole -20% good for then if it's compensated on the same items b:shutup

More frequent drops of less expensive items = no inherent "change" of DQ profit? AKA, it's as if nothing was ever changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, all i hope is that this isn't the straw that will break PW (it probability wont be, but you never know), cuz i like this game and I'll still be here playing even if there's no people on the server XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

It would make getting DQ orders easier.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

More frequent drops of less expensive items = no inherent "change" of DQ profit? AKA, it's as if nothing was ever changed.

Yeh, but I thought the whole -20% was implemented to be another coin drain to try and fix the economy (speculations though). So it would be weird if the droprate was changed on DQ items after the -20% gets implemented.

... me thinks lol
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, all i hope is that this isn't the straw that will break PW (it probability wont be, but you never know), cuz i like this game and I'll still be here playing even if there's no people on the server XD.

I'm sure it won't. Though PWI does have it's flaws, it's still a very enjoyable game to me; definitely better than any other MMO's I've played. b:pleased
    It would make getting DQ orders easier.

This, as well. b:laugh
    Yeh, but I thought the whole -20% was implemented to be another coin drain to try and fix the economy (speculations though). So it would be weird if the droprate was changed on DQ items after the -20% gets implemented.

... me thinks lol

No, no. This was implemented because some doody-heads on the Chinese game ****-ded it and were DQ mat farming like crazy. Thus, to deal a blow to the DQ farmers, they reduced the price. However, since PWI doesn't have DQ farmers (heck, people rarely even do DQ's), we don't really need that penalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I only hope the compensation will not be cash shop related. But I'm afraid it will be for some reasons.... ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I only hope the compensation will not be cash shop related. But I'm afraid it will be for some reasons.... ^^

sadly...... I feel this as well._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *sigh*

It was/only is 20% ffs...people are so lazy and all anyone does anymore is QQ about how hard the game is and such....

Zzz...

Since 20% isn't "much" to you.. how bout you send me 20% of your profits from TT and Nirvana? Thats two t's in my name...

Now.. I'm glad you are happy and content, however; clearly the devs seem to understand where the players are coming from (unlike you) and are willing to try and come up with some compensation for something so unfairly put on the non cash shoppers of the game.

Thank you, come again.
    OK so now you've all heard the word.

If this doesn't calm you all down then...

Go scour the net for a new game...

Preferrably one with a theme about cry babies & the winner is the one who complains the longest & loudest.

Because only then will you all be happy.

To those of you who never pay PWI for their game...

You get EXACTLY the amount of consideration you deserve from them.

I think they are quite generous to you as well as far more patient than I am about it.

Just be happy paying players make your game possible & enjoy what you have or move on.

Thank you.

Please read the above post I made for rose. Remember, 2 t's in my name... I'll be waiting for my weekly QQ check from you both.
    b:shedtear

Hm...well, if you really want my take on it...

...I was kinda saddened when they said that DQ prices might be dropping. I mean, call me old-fashioned, but I really love grinding. I actually don't mind going out into the field and killing various mobs for drops and whatnot, just to break even at the end of the day. However, this reduction in DQ price just makes a practice that is already obsolete near-pointless...though I still continue to do it, just because it helps kill the time, and I still enjoy grinding, even without much profit.

I humbly look forward to whatever the compensation will be (I hope maybe a 1.25 permanent DQ drop rate).

Represent. b:cool

Points to this post for both Rose and chelsea. I'm waiting for you to call the mod a QQer/Whiner now?

If a mod and the CM of the game can see this as also unfair to the players.. maybe you two should be the ones to adapt and go to a different version of the game where its already implemented. Since you know... you don't like all the whining going on.

By the way.. 2 t's.. thnx.
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

DQ Blessing : Only 5 gold and lasts one week.

While in use the NPC buys DQ items at the old price b:chuckle
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

Additional response from later in the thread:

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

What do you exactly mean by "gold farming", dose it have something to do with cash shop gold or is it something else?

Also, how was it a big issue in the Chinese version? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What do you exactly mean by "gold farming", dose it have something to do with cash shop gold or is it something else?

My assumption would be using bots to farm DQ items which would later be catshopped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Google the term: Gold Farming

China Bans online 'gold farming'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited May 2010
    Options

More broadly, the term "gold farmer" could refer to a player of any type of game who repeats mundane actions over and over in order to collect in-game currency and items.

Isn't that what we do just grinding?
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    More broadly, the term "gold farmer" could refer to a player of any type of game who repeats mundane actions over and over in order to collect in-game currency and items.

Isn't that what we do just grinding?

But we don't sell our earned coin for IRL dollars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But we don't sell our earned coin for IRL dollars.

^ this is the issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No, no. This was implemented because some doody-heads on the Chinese game ****-ded it and were DQ mat farming like crazy. Thus, to deal a blow to the DQ farmers, they reduced the price. However, since PWI doesn't have DQ farmers (heck, people rarely even do DQ's), we don't really need that penalty.

This is the story we've been given, but honestly, it doesn't make any sense. If some guy is botting all night long, collecting DQ items for coin, what does a 20% reduction do? Some guy making 1 million a day botting is now making 800k instead. You really think that's going to put such a dent in his wallet that he's going to stop? Of course not. The only people actually hurt by this are the legitimate players who aren't botting, while the botters go on botting.
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    This is the story we've been given, but honestly, it doesn't make any sense. If some guy is botting all night long, collecting DQ items for coin, what does a 20% reduction do? Some guy making 1 million a day botting is now making 800k instead. You really think that's going to put such a dent in his wallet that he's going to stop? Of course not. The only people actually hurt by this are the legitimate players who aren't botting, while the botters go on botting.

'ey, I don't make these rules...in fact, I'm just a volunteer to help out the PWI Forums.

b:sweat

I've no idea how the Beijing offices work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My assumption would be using bots to farm DQ items which would later be catshopped.

Thanks for the info, but currently right now this isn't much of a issue since there are no bots in the game (of what I seen) and also DQ are not in the cashshop. So, still I don't think this is a good reason why this should be added.

Even tho this is going to be added anyway I think we can compensate this problem by having 2x drops for ONLY DQ ITEMS nothing else. But that just what I think I don't know how that might effect the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info, but currently right now this isn't much of a issue since there are no bots in the game (of what I seen) and also DQ are not in the cashshop. So, still I don't think this is a good reason why this should be added.

Even tho this is going to be added anyway I think we can compensate this problem by having 2x drops for ONLY DQ ITEMS nothing else. But that just what I think I don't know how that might effect the game.

>_>

It is in China and because they code the game = Comes here. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First.... STOP THE DAMNED WHINING. The changes haven't been made yet and the 'compensation' hasn't been revealed, yet people are still crying like babies and begging/threatening for reparations. Just STOP already.

If 'they' didn't care at all, the management here wouldn't have removed perfect horns, the devs there wouldn't even consider making a unique modification for this version of the game just for us, as it will mean they will need to maintain two different versions of the code which may mean our localization patches may even be further delayed from the CN servers. So you might as well start griping about that now.

i am still waiting for sooooo many glitches that they have talked to the Devs about and they are "looking into" fixing. so sorry if i am not quick to jump on the yippee!! bandwagon. if something is really done to compensate us, then i will be passably happy.

i heard about the reason for DQ change long before Frankie posted it. i also heard that selective bugs are not fixed because fixing they would actually cut into people spending gold. for example cube entrance being pk enabled is a bug that will never be fixed. supposedly so many people afk there and lose charms that on the Chinese version this bug is being permanently left in game. i 98% do not believe this because i doubt many people sit there that long. but the same source told me about the DQ nurf and i 98% didnt believe that was true either. i thought he was using a bad Chinese translator again.
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Okay, so I'm a bit confused. Are the botters in China botting for DQ items, then selling them for IRL money?
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Okay, so I'm a bit confused. Are the botters in China botting for DQ items, then selling them for IRL money?

It's a possibility. I don't play the Chinese servers...but usually, when references to "Gold Farming" is involved, so is IRL cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Try this...as much as I hate Wikipedia >_>
    Once a gold farmer or workshop has created a stockpile of game currency, they will try to sell it for real-world currency. This then becomes "gold trading"/"gold selling", also known as secondary real money trading. In practice, the term gold farming is often used to cover both making the gold and selling it. It may also be used to cover two other separate activities: powerleveling and the creation and selling of high-level character accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    Options

I didn't get it either. But let it go at that. Apparently the only way they could do this is for them to grind for in game coin and somehow (don't know how) sell those coins for real money. In order to do this they'd have to have a website or something set up to do so.

I know when my husband played another game that people did have sites like that up. However; I'd think it would be easy to see those sites and shut them down. Or notice LARGE coin transfers repeatedly from the same person to other persons in a game.

I really don't get how this could happen.. maybe I'm just naive.. but its not like people are standing on the streets in China with a lemonade stand get up secretly selling in game coins for real money..
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    See my response above ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I didn't get it either. But let it go at that. Apparently the only way they could do this is for them to grind for in game coin and somehow (don't know how) sell those coins for real money. In order to do this they'd have to have a website or something set up to do so.

I know when my husband played another game that people did have sites like that up. However; I'd think it would be easy to see those sites and shut them down. Or notice LARGE coin transfers repeatedly from the same person to other persons in a game.

I really don't get how this could happen.. maybe I'm just naive.. but its not like people are standing on the streets in China with a lemonade stand get up secretly selling in game coins for real money..

*imagines* Lemonade! Get your Lemonade here...! ...and PWI Gold.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    Options
    *imagines* Lemonade! Get your Lemonade here...! ...and PWI Gold.

b:chuckle

I'm just wondering.. in this hypothetical situation.. would gold be cheaper that way? b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

While we aren't on the subject, I'm also wondering why frankie chose to close the thread with the poll in it when he made this thread making explanations of why the poll was started in the first place? I'd like to have seen how high the poll went.. in short.
  • konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm just wondering.. in this hypothetical situation.. would gold be cheaper that way?

While we aren't on the subject, I'm also wondering why frankie chose to close the thread with the poll in it when he made this thread making explanations of why the poll was started in the first place? I'd like to have seen how high the poll went.. in short.

*shrug* No idea, Hott. You'd have to PM Frankie on that one.

Just be nice 'bout it.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    Options
    *shrug* No idea, Hott. You'd have to PM Frankie on that one.

Just be nice 'bout it.

b:pleased

*thinks* would you like 1 lemonade... or 100? LOL

I am bein nice. Was a genuine question that I figure will be answered in a page or 10. If not... then I'll assume that it was just to merge the two.
This discussion has been closed.