GM Response: DQ Mats price change

167891012»

Comments

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:surrender I was shocked when I saw the DQ prices down, should have read the forums before I freaked out xD

Oh well the game's just going to add or remove more and more b:sweat Might as well get used to it b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • naturion
    naturion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Guys we have to calm down about the DQ prices, its pissing me off as well that this game is making it worse and worse for us non cash shop players, even i am so close to quit this game because im tierd of the stupid sales that comes upp all the time and tierd of having a slim chance of getting good gears like lunar etc because a lunar sign sells around 60mil.

I Say lets let Frankie handle this one and see where it goes, we have to hope and support frankie atm to change the DQ prices back to normal.

If it doesnt work and they tell him "no were going to stick to this DQ price change" then we all rage and not even play this game for 2 weeks and really not play, not even for 1min **** the dailiese **** everything for 2weeks because everyone has to rise up and not take this **** all the time pwi is starting give, i know that some people will reply to this post and say QQ and u dont need a lunar sign or u dont need this and that and even more **** talk, but im sticking to what im saying.

I am seriously sick of spending hours and hours on this game and almost coming nowhere, now someone will probably say "well i make x amount of mil in 1 hour with out paying" well thats not my problem and i really do not care, i rather pay for 10 bucks for a game every month and get what i want to get of the amount of hours i play because the amount of hours were spending on this game is nuts and still were nowhere and i am not taking that **** anymore.

Theres been several posts by other players saying "leave the game pwi wont miss you" a couple of other game players did the same in their forum and the players really quit the game and the game died so dont kill the game with **** talk.

Good luck Frankie
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well what else can I say, it's been fun, but the feeling is/has faded. I'll watch the forums hoping ammendments will be made, but a break seems in order atm.

Summer is here, weather is nice, and there are other games to play as well. Good luck all, and thanks for the fun. Perhaps one day this game will get back on the right track.
  • maerike
    maerike Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s ******s
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    still going on about this?b:shocked
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Cmon guys... get like teh Kit Kats and give it a break:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the ******s post is hilarious. Aside from that, since we don't have the goldfarming issue, I'm a bit confused.

Our game is obviously not the same as the Chinese game in many ways. What would be the point in them not reversing it, but giving us "compensation?" Why not just allow us to have our normal prices? Something is fishy here. Who really has the say here? I realize there is a contract between the two companies, but isn't PWI run by people who can make decisions as far as "hey, we're not going to update the game (ie: give money to you) if you do not change something in game".....one would think PWI would have such say? It's not that they're asking for some new model or bugfix - just a snip of code being left out of future development. Certainly the two games are entirely different - it's not like we just get the "english" version of the game. So what's the big deal?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seriously the compensation better be $ in our mailbox AND they reverse it. I'm not going to want to go do something ELSE and stop grinding just to make up the money i'm losing from the price nerf..... ya..... waste more time.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The nerf is not that bad...seriously.

Besides....if you all READ the Announcements you would have seen a statement about it tonite:

State of the Game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Besides....if you all READ the Announcements you would have seen a statement about it tonite:

State of the Game

Thats great that they are listening to us at least. The nerf IS bad, it hits our servers hard.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Really appreciate this announcement :) ty
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010

State of the Game

nah really? did u actually read yourself? we're talking about the "compensation" ideas they're "throwing around"......

And ya for us non-cash shoppers any nerf is bad, especiallly for those of us that dont' like to leave our pc's on 24/7 for a stupid cat shop. And yes i do use the AH. By the way.... if u think leaving a pc on all the time 24/7 is fine..... my last monitor burned OUT leaving this on.

But anyway.. here's a little tidbit. A few days ago i added up all my drops for one session of grinding my pets. Keep in mind this wasnt' all day. the DQ's themselves sold for 550k to the npc. If it hadnt' been nerfed it would've been 660k. 110k... now imagine if i had kept ALL the drops till the day was over THEN added it all up.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010

State of the Game

Pfft, that means nothing. They're getting around to it, just like how they're getting around to fixing the bugs they said were going to get fixed. You should know by now that they say a lot and do very little. Don't let that statement give you false hope.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Besides....if you all READ the Announcements you would have seen a statement about it tonite:State of the Game
    The nerf was announced as early as 05-04-2010. We are now 05-26-2010. Do you seriously think it takes that long to implement a good way to compensate players for something that was done to counter chinese bots?

Is it the PWI players' fault if PW China is too cheap to hire GMs to ban bots?

Do they really think this will prevents gold farmer to farm gold? They'll simply add a few more farmers into their sweatshops to counterbalance the change that's all.

Next step from PW China will be : DQ items will be sold for 1 coin at merchant. (FYI, they already did the same with pet eggs...)

Bug fixes? 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's not rocket science to win us back.

Just implement the housing functionality, now plz. b:thanks
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's not rocket science to win us back.

Just implement the housing functionality, now plz. b:thanks
    There never was a housing system in PW2, so they cannot implement it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Is it the PWI players' fault if PW China is too cheap to hire GMs to ban bots?

It is impossible for any GM to differentiate between a player AFK botting and a player botting while sitting in front of a computer and responding to GMs. Unfortunately, that's what happens in China - students sitting in front of their computers and botting while chatting to GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Heres a solution

this is from an article on massively.com

[developer] announced today that they have banned over 3,700 accounts and disbanded over a dozen guilds in [game] for botting and match manipulation. Design Director [name], addressed the issue in the newest [developer] blog post, explaining more about what they're doing. First of all, if you break the User Agreement, you may get banned at any time in the future, it's as simple as that. "...there is no expiration date for breaches of the User Agreement or RoC." Just don't cheat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2010

State of the Game

That announcement doesn't say anything new that isn't already said in this thread.

Btw as cleric over level 100 I guess you don't grind to get coin from dq items but you got to realize that this change will after some time affect you too.

And I don't mean it negatively. I think quitting the game sooner would be better for us all. That's where this change leads us.
  • nerdraging
    nerdraging Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2010

State of the Game

You're 10x of course it doesn't affect you at all. You can farm Nirvana, 3-3 and I bet you don't even pick up DQ drops at all. You can buy rank 8 with everything you farmed. You're in a guild full of 10x and cash shoppers who can help you with everything you need. You probably get TW pay every week too.

This hits the players between 1-60 and since you're long past that stage, of course you wouldn't mind. Even if you start a new character today, you have your main character's finances to rely on. New players join and they find it easy to level but difficult to get enough coins to level their skills or get new level of gears, they're going to quit before they realise the full potential of the game. Get of that high horse and place yourself in the shoes of players who have just started or did you forget you were once a newbie too?

If there aren't enough new players coming in to fill the void left by players levelling up, a lot of those players who are 7x, 8x and 9x and who spent RL money or grinded for their gears are going to have problems selling their stuffs because there just aren't enough new players coming in to fill the void. You don't need to sell your stuffs anymore, you're already 10x and wearing HH99? Nirvana?. All you're looking at now is farm (fill in relevant instance) and go for sharding and refining.

Well, there are still players out there who are 8x and 9x and they'll have to sell their gears one day to recover enough coins to get their next level of gears. No new players levelling up to sell to? Oh easy, farm HH, grind more, learn to merchant you say. What are they going to do with the outlevelled gears they painstakingly spent RL money or time on? Sell them for cheap? To whom? Sure its easy to tell someone else that now that you're out of that level range. Would you sell a +5 HH90 with 4 immaculate citrines for 2m coins?

Oh yes next we come to the important point. Grind an hour more, learn to merchant. Is this Perfect Tycoon International? Is this still a game or a job? Well I checked and PWE is still promoting this as (surprise!) A GAME! A MMORPG which relies heavily on the fantasy theme of slaying monsters, levelling up your character and building a fantasy character. Not a job where the point is to make more money than the next player. This isn't Monopoly right?

There has got to be a balance between the ability to earn in game coins and needing to use RL money for a F2P game. Anything PWE does to nerf the ability to earn in game coins will push the players to the opposite end of the spectrum and not everyone is willing or able to spend RL money to feed their need for entertainment. Going to the well too often will lead to a dry well one day.

We're GAMERS, NOT MONEY PRINTING MACHINES and I hope PWE remembers that.

/wall of text
    b:angry<--NERD RAGE!!!
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nerdraging wrote: »

We're GAMERS, NOT MONEY PRINTING MACHINES and I hope PWE remembers that.

/wall of text

They making game for gamers, so they can get money right ? b:chuckle
    Even though i have some other way to make coins, I also not like these DQ price change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Each day less and less ppl rage about this dq price dropping, maybe some quit the game (i think they are in small numbers) but the fact is they did this and i am 99% they will not change it back they will just wait until ppl will get enough of qq and will move on to next thing to complain about it. This it is i don`t like i really hate it but i am sure they will not change it and the compensation will come next year.
  • Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can honestly understand why people would get upset...frankly DQ drops are still a source of income for me, but I think the big thing people should take at look as is the normal percent of drop rate without 2x.

If you're trying to kill mobs 5 levels under you to get the DQ items, you're taking a hit of about 20% when it comes to the drop rate. I know a lot of people that'll try to grind on these mobs for the DQ items, and you get quite a bit less.

Interestingly enough the person who posted a little bit before this made an interesting point. This IS a game...you shouldn't be stressing about a game...the term "hard work" in a game shouldn't mean you spend the amount of effort in the game doing stuff as you would outside the game. It's meant to be a pass time...and the moment you start taking the economy of the game as serious as you do the economy in real life...is the moment the game isn't fun anymore. (Granted the GMs and Devs....well they have a reason to be stressed out about the economy....it IS after all part of their job ^^; )

So...go have FUN people....PLAY the game....
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • pucky
    pucky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Working on a solution JUST for us????
    So it seems to be possible to do something for us without doing some
    benefit to those rampant chinese farmers?
    Then it's easy - just make FOR US the prices back again b:chuckle

On the other hand I don't understand why all those long-known bugs in the game
    never get fixed - most of them are over a year old by now.
    The devs should take care of that, instead of punishing the whole world for their
    own incapability to prevent "rampant farming" in China!! b:angry

And really. . . . the game is a whole lot better, now that we got the 5th new
    icon for Second Wind - a real big improvement of the game-play b:irritated

pucky
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nerdraging wrote: »
    You don't need to sell your stuffs anymore, you're already 10x and wearing HH99? Nirvana?. All you're looking at now is farm (fill in relevant instance) and go for sharding and refining.

Well, there are still players out there who are 8x and 9x and they'll have to sell their gears one day to recover enough coins to get their next level of gears. No new players levelling up to sell to? Oh easy, farm HH, grind more, learn to merchant you say. What are they going to do with the outlevelled gears they painstakingly spent RL money or time on? Sell them for cheap? To whom? Sure its easy to tell someone else that now that you're out of that level range. Would you sell a +5 HH90 with 4 immaculate citrines for 2m coins?

Yeah this is true, this is happening with me when trying to sell my weapons... no one would buy my TT80 xbow +5 with 2 inmaculates garnet for more than 4m... and i bought it long ago for 7.5m.... >.< QQ
    Each day less and less ppl rage about this dq price dropping, maybe some quit the game (i think they are in small numbers) but the fact is they did this and i am 99% they will not change it back they will just wait until ppl will get enough of qq and will move on to next thing to complain about it. This it is i don`t like i really hate it but i am sure they will not change it and the compensation will come next year.

This is how i can see the thing.
    PWI is very intelligent, they move in a way we sometimes dont notice much, as u can see as soon as the DQ price reduction showed up, they launched a 2x drop/exp/spirit week... so they people grinding for DQs wouldnt notice much.... more drops, less coin each, but more coin in the end....

Then they also implemented the Beast Killer daily quest... (which is another way to coin sink) to get coins away from us. Ive always thought crazy stone at level 8x was stupidly expensive... i wouldnt even bother on spending 1.4mill if i have 1.8mill left on main only >.>

All these moves have been made for people to find it harder to get gold in the normal way, through buying in AH, and forcing us to put real money in game, (even when the gold we buy in AH has been already paid by someone else...) if we ever wanna get close to some of the overpowered cash shoppers (which is actually very UNLIKELY to be able to do, unless u wanna spend over 500 gold in a game) >.>

As a result, there wont ever be fair PvP in this game....

I dont know if people is gonna QQ more, after the 2x week is over... im sure, yeah.... we will notice how awful the drop is.... >.> and i usually grind mobs 4 levels above me so.... u.u

Im not a cashshopper but i have invested some real money in this game, like 30 gold maybe... (btw, i live in a third world country, 30 bucks is like 1/3 of my current month salary) to get coins to buy stuff like mounts, aerogear, or so.... however thats been in like 1 year of gameplay.... its insane how people can now level in weeks, or 20 levels per day... cmon, whats wrong with you? No one is buying mid level stuff, people is getting millionarie with packs, and so on....
    pucky wrote: »
    Working on a solution JUST for us????
    So it seems to be possible to do something for us without doing some
    benefit to those rampant chinese farmers?
    Then it's easy - just make FOR US the prices back again b:chuckle

Maybe it would be easier to keep the 2x drops for more time :)

pucky wrote: »
    And really. . . . the game is a whole lot better, now that we got the 5th new
    icon for Second Wind - a real big improvement of the game-play b:irritated

pucky

Just to point that out, in the genie skill tree the icon hasnt been changed.... seems to me? xD
  • X_Assasin_X - Lost City
    X_Assasin_X - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i just hope that the new compensation gets better, cuz right know im realy broke i mean... in the x2 wekend was great with the grinding cuz the drops but without that we just had left the farming thing.... and to be honest farming its realy boring b:bye everybody hates farming specialy for the low lvls and without mount.

thats it

Assa b:pleased
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just to point that out, in the genie skill tree the icon hasnt been changed.... seems to me? xD

I think they just wanted to change sin skill icons and ended up removing the old ones from the server completely. Sucks since now they changed the Will of Bodhi BM skill icon too.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys,

There has been some new development on this issue found here : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8371642#post8371642

-Closing Thread-
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.