edited May 2010
    Options
    animated-facepalm-thumb-512x512.gif

i has one better >.>
    16kdw6f.jpg

but on a higher note and on topic, im gflad to see something will get done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If it doesnt compensate for us non-cash shoppers than it fails, Nuff said

D@mn straight.
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ty yor a true rinestone cowboyb:thanks
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    50mil says it's a double drop event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

This ^
    *FACEPALM*
    If you reduce the price increase the drop rate b:surrender
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I hope that indeed the droprate will increase :) That would be a fair way to make up for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I doudt they actually need to Dev's permission the activate a x2 drop session, so hopefully it will be something permanent and not a CS sale " compensation "
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nice, but PWE and proper compensation rarely go hand in hand.

Wouldn't be surprised if compensation: DQ items now in packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver
    ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Ahahaha PWI economy looool.
  • _Kahn_ - Raging Tide
    _Kahn_ - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thats sounds good but lets wait what we get at least...
    b:sad

But anyway thx for that frankie.

b:victory
    To find yourself, think for yourself : Socrates 469 BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UBCS : Raging Tide

Faction Level: 3

Leader: _Kahn_
    Director: _Maylea_
    Marshal: dRaxXstar
    Executor: BlackEffect, Lylinn, _Lenneth_, Kreuz, white_devil_, Foxian

Site: ubcs.mmoguildsites.com or ubcs.tk
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I doudt they actually need to Dev's permission the activate a x2 drop session, so hopefully it will be something permanent and not a CS sale " compensation "
    axt57 wrote: »
    Nice, but PWE and proper compensation rarely go hand in hand.

Wouldn't be surprised if compensation: DQ items now in packs.

If either of you are right, it will be just another slap in the face to us all. Even the cash shoppers have to be getting annoyed by the amount of 2x events we continue to have for PWI to "make stuff up" to the community.

No doubt there will be many rage quitters, and unlike the past; there aren't 3 new players for every rage quitter. PWI has to be feeling the sting.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm guessing it's permanent 1.25x drop rate, of course will apply to TT and Nirvana as well. So yes, cool to have a compensation, but no matter what kind of thing it is, I still don't like not getting a full response. They can't really make another drop thing such as DQ items, since then there would be no reason to decrease the price in the first place.

Btw, good job Frankie for telling us this.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont really like this, I know you said you talked to the dev's, told how most pwi players dislike this, and yet the Dev's are gonna implement dq value decrease.

You say they're gonna come up with a backup plan, I say aint gonna happen anytime soon.
    For a game that's been out for quite a while now, they sure take their time fixing things, if ever.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Maybe an exchange npc where you turn in a dq item for an item worth the original dq price of that item.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Maybe an exchange npc where you turn in a dq item for an item worth the original dq price of that item.

Wouldn't that be harder to do than just change the value of the DQ items back?
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    IF the compensation is a lame 2x Event of 1/2 week then **** i quit and say goodbye to a Zen buyer b:bye

I bought Zen to buy some un-essential stuff like Fashions,Fashions and Fashions,while I grind a lot for upgrading Skills and getting gear.

The ONLY compensation I see it may a RISE of DQ Drop rate especially on high levels since its crappy low.
    And don't even try to rise it by only 5% b:angry
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm guessing it's permanent 1.25x drop rate, of course will apply to TT and Nirvana as well. So yes, cool to have a compensation

If it applies to TT and Nirvana etc its not solving the problem its just moving it to somewhere else. Since Instance drop price's will continue to fall = Players still having the same problem of earning money by working " ingame "
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've said it before and this thread has confirmed what i've said.

If PWE wants to keep its player base they need to renegotiate their contract with PW china. they need to get some amount of veto power for the International version on some changes (not major content but things like this) and they need to have access to some of the game coding.

Also Frankie I know this has been an interesting couple weeks for you thanks for all the help you are one awesome CMb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If it applies to TT and Nirvana etc its not solving the problem its just moving it to somewhere else. Since Instance drop price's will continue to fall = Players still having the same problem of earning money by working " ingame "

Not like they care. If they had, then why did this was done in the first place? Unless Dev's said there's no other option.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I saw that coming. They never give you any explanation for whatever major changes to take place. They keep it well inside a big black box, but everything boils down to more profit generation for their company. Well you may not see it but I can see it.

471828.jpg

This is what they care the most.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First.... STOP THE DAMNED WHINING. The changes haven't been made yet and the 'compensation' hasn't been revealed, yet people are still crying like babies and begging/threatening for reparations. Just STOP already.

If 'they' didn't care at all, the management here wouldn't have removed perfect horns, the devs there wouldn't even consider making a unique modification for this version of the game just for us, as it will mean they will need to maintain two different versions of the code which may mean our localization patches may even be further delayed from the CN servers. So you might as well start griping about that now.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear
    KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    people never listen

you was just handed a line and you sallowed it hook line and sinker

so .... gms: they are not happy campers
    devs: **** them we are doing it anyways
    gms:so what do we tell them
    dev: you know the drill make a vauge promiuses and we'll think about it

yeah i know the drill i sat in that chair

more amasing you thank them for it
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I've been hearing the whole reason they are decreasing the DQ prices is because apparently we've been having a rising botting problem.
    >.<
  • gleardramearth
    gleardramearth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am hearing that after spending money on a herc that soon they will no longer be able to tank bosses. they are weak now, but what is the point in buying one if they become useless. I don't mind that DQ is being weaned from the game entirely. but another drop in ingame revenue needs a serious reconsideration. No one will be able to play if all the clerics are run off. Pot prices need to be dropped substantially. Best if they are dropped more than DQ to encourage clerics to stay. Then zen prices in game would come down.
  • Seirura - Heavens Tear
    Seirura - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think they will add the 2x Exp permanent but with no 2x drops b:angry
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First.... STOP THE DAMNED WHINING. The changes haven't been made yet and the 'compensation' hasn't been revealed, yet people are still crying like babies and begging/threatening for reparations. Just STOP already.

If 'they' didn't care at all, the management here wouldn't have removed perfect horns, the devs there wouldn't even consider making a unique modification for this version of the game just for us, as it will mean they will need to maintain two different versions of the code which may mean our localization patches may even be further delayed from the CN servers. So you might as well start griping about that now.

QQing about QQers how ironic b:laugh
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And how are you planning to pay for that? b:chuckle

My best bet is that there will be something called an item drop booster for sale for a low price in the CS which makes drop rate go up for ten minutes after equiping it. b:laugh

But no really... I agree with Michael... let's not start whining before this is actually in effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You do need more whining to change devs's ideas, just like the horn case. But I HIGHLY doubt this is the same, or even a similar, case. Their agendas settle in different planets.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    You do need more whining to change devs's ideas, just like the horn case. But I HIGHLY doubt this is the same, or even a similar, case. Their agendas settle in different planets.

You are right on the whining part. I like to fight for what I believe in.
This discussion has been closed.