Would you like 2x back?

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I always liked the past mat drops in 3-1 somewhat; those mats are separate from the mats from past daily, and it makes it easy to get past gear made, e.g. the past boots for my 90 set.
    However, I do agree that it nerfs the drop of actual HH mats unnecessarily, and should be dealt with for that reason. Perhaps just increasing the drop rate on the HH green/gold mats and leaving the OHT mat drop rates static would be in order?

Green or gold will drop or not regardless if you have those mats in there or not. The drop list is checked X amount of times, the percentage chance for any given item is checked and it drops or it doesn't.

Don't you dare suggest removing leaf from 3-x boss drops. I loathe 2nd map dailies.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Green or gold will drop or not regardless if you have those mats in there or not. The drop list is checked X amount of times, the percentage chance for any given item is checked and it drops or it doesn't.

Don't you dare suggest removing leaf from 3-x boss drops. I loathe 2nd map dailies.

I meant an increase in the set drop percentage, and not implying that any of the OHT drops should be nerfed or removed.

And to the veno poster; all HH mats including HH99 would be somewhat easier to get: I'm not implying a 100% drop rate, nothing near that. Maybe another 5% would be sufficient, although I'm not intimately familiar with the drop rate percentages. There's always a demand for HH mats, so increasing supply slightly seems like an intelligent thing to do, no?
    slight edit: How would the HH farmers get SO MUCH MORE MONEY when tthe price of the HH mats would be reduced by an increased drop rate?
    Oh, and try to be a little more coherent next time.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seriously: it is SO easy to level. There is no need for double experience. Newbs level so fast they can't do their quests level appropriately. Mid-levels level so fast with bounties that they don't get much of a benefit. High-levels level so fast that being in the 90s is now common place. Kinda lame.

Double spirt doesn't hurt anyone - go for it.

Double drops... I love grinding and picking up **** loads so yes. But do not touch the drop rate in instances. Bounties have made molds super common anyhow - but leave Twilight Temple rates alone. Or just leave 2x drops on forever so the economy can adapt. It managed to absorb Tokens and the like and work with it. But this flux in TT prices is really annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i voted,because i can finally finish farming my tt99 mats, without 2x tt3-2/3-3 have awful drop rates, and if hypers are a concern for some i think setting the min. requirement for them at 100 would be a good idea beacuse at this level and above the exp needed is crazy.b:laughb:victory
    edited May 2010
    slight edit: How would the HH farmers get SO MUCH MORE MONEY when tthe price of the HH mats would be reduced by an increased drop rate?

The only mat prices that aren't really affected by 2x drops are gold from 3-2 and 3-3. The only farmers who will get rich are the ones who live in those instances. During 2x drops, I ran 3-3 4-6 times a day... each 3-3 run averaged a gold or two. At least one illusion stone per day, sometimes two. Maybe 1 run wouldn't drop any at all. Perhaps I was just lucky.

However, my greed isn't greater than the server economy, so I'll still vote no.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And to the veno poster; all HH mats including HH99 would be somewhat easier to get: I'm not implying a 100% drop rate, nothing near that. Maybe another 5% would be sufficient, although I'm not intimately familiar with the drop rate percentages. There's always a demand for HH mats, so increasing supply slightly seems like an intelligent thing to do, no?
    Oh, and try to be a little more coherent next time.

You do know the basics of business right? Higher supply lowers the demand of goods which in the end, lowers cost. Do you really want to see the PWi community become nothing but cash shopped goods? The TT instances will become overfarmed, and most TT green mats will become equivalent to the price of Astral Stones today (about 10k per). You are asking for TT mats to be easily obtainable. Which kind of goes hand in hand with the hyporacle noobs. They wanted levels to be easily obtainable, they got it. What did that result in? More people in classes they do not know how to play.

TL;DR: Easily obtainable TT mats = higher supply = lower demand = lower price = worthless TT mat

Slight edit: I left out TT99s from the group because venos cannot farm TT3-2/3-3 instances on their own. Any other instance is easily done, with the exception of belial.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    You do know the basics of business right? Higher supply lowers the demand of goods which in the end, lowers cost. Do you really want to see the PWi community become nothing but cash shopped goods? The TT instances will become overfarmed, and most TT green mats will become equivalent to the price of Astral Stones today (about 10k per). You are asking for TT mats to be easily obtainable. Which kind of goes hand in hand with the hyporacle noobs. They wanted levels to be easily obtainable, they got it. What did that result in? More people in classes they do not know how to play.

TL;DR: Easily obtainable TT mats = higher supply = lower demand = lower price = worthless TT mat

You're either not listening or you don't know how drop rate percentages work.

Oh no, an extra 5% chance to drop! ONE MORE CHANCE IN 20 OH THE HORROR PWI IS RUINED.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    You're either not listening or you don't know how drop rate percentages work.

Oh no, an extra 5% chance to drop! ONE MORE CHANCE IN 20 OH THE HORROR PWI IS RUINED.

If you just want an extra 5% chance of an item drop, just don't ask for it at all. Because we all know if there was really an extra 5% change, everyone will become greedy and just want more and more because everyone is human and greed is common among humans.

And in the end, I don't give a damn whether there is an increased drop rate or not, it just means that I can farm TT more, gain more money, and laugh it off later on.

Oh, and I'm sorry that I skimmed through what you had written because I just don't really care to have such an argument with you. How can people gain more money? Simple. There will always be people who are just too lazy to get the mats on their own so they buy it. And I do get richer in the end, because I don't sell TT greens, I tend to sell the TT golds that I get from my instance runs and even then, I don't do the entire instance, maybe just a boss or two that is worth it. No, I don't really lose money, I've acquired quite a few ultimate substances from my BH100 rewards. All other TT mats become NPC goods or donated to someone.
    I call it how I see it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    If you just want an extra 5% chance of an item drop, just don't ask for it at all. Because we all know if there was really an extra 5% change, everyone will become greedy and just want more and more because everyone is human and greed is common among humans.

And in the end, I don't give a damn whether there is an increased drop rate or not, it just means that I can farm TT more, gain more money, and laugh it off later on.

I... really don't know if you're trolling or if you're really that ignorant. Basic changes to a game happen in lots of other MMOs all the time. Drop rates, mana/hp regens/mob respawn times/skill damage and cost/throughput modification.

Changing a drop rate by 5% doesn't mean that everyone will say OMG 5% IS NOT ENOUGH I MUST GET MY FIX RIGHT NOW INCREASE IT.

Also, I'm so glad you're so proud of yourself for being a veno who can solo HH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    I... really don't know if you're trolling or if you're really that ignorant. Basic changes to a game happen in lots of other MMOs all the time. Drop rates, mana/hp regens/mob respawn times/skill damage and cost/throughput modification.

Changing a drop rate by 5% doesn't mean that everyone will say OMG 5% IS NOT ENOUGH I MUST GET MY FIX RIGHT NOW INCREASE IT.

Also, I'm so glad you're so proud of yourself for being a veno who can solo HH.

Bingo. Thanks for finding me out. I'm just really bored and it took you long enough. Thanks for being my entertainment for the time being. :)

Oh yes, I am glad I'm a veno who can solo my own TT runs. I'm sorry you're not a veno and just a wizard who needs to find squads to do you TT runs with. :(

And note, it's TT, not HH. I know the other versions of Perfect World have used it, but you're playing Perfect World INTERNATIONAL now. Which uses TT, get with the times. :)
    I call it how I see it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I figured as much but hey, the best way to enrage a troll is to respond with logic. b:cute

Oh, and I'm not really anything anymore, I quit about 5-6 months ago.

Good try at a continued troll though. 3/10 for obviousness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    I figured as much but hey, the best way to enrage a troll is to respond with logic. b:cute

Oh, and I'm not really anything anymore, I quit about 5-6 months ago.

Good try at a continued troll though. 3/10 for obviousness.

It's funny you say you've "enraged" me? Nah, I don't really care because I've retired my character as well. :)

I didn't say that people would ask for an increase after they've gained the 5%. It would eventually happen overtime, kind of like how you are now. You are not satisfied with the current drop rate, thus you are asking for an increase. This is called greed.
    I call it how I see it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    It's funny you say you've "enraged" me? Nah, I don't really care because I've retired my character as well. :)

I didn't say that people would ask for an increase after they've gained the 5%. It would eventually happen overtime, kind of like how you are now. You are not satisfied with the current drop rate, thus you are asking for an increase. This is called greed.

Better job on this one, closer to a 7/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Agreed. I'm all for faster EXP, but both would be a little much. We don't need another sixty people running around in BHes not knowing how to play their class. I guess that would be a reason for me to vote no, of course; we already level quite quickly.

What if there were a compromise - double EXP and drops until you're about 25 or 30 and then cut it off? This way people wouldn't stay at low levels for months, but would still learn how to play their class, since by the time they hit 30 they're still learning.

They can keep it forever but they have to take it out other stuff to make the game more 'challenging'. I'm pretty sure if people level up fast whether they know how to play their classes or not, it'll be boring once they do most of the things when they reach a very high level. Ofcourse, people enjoy helping others but sometimes you gotta have some fun. The game will be boring if they make it easy to level up. Personally, I like challenge, even though, I get frustrated but it's fun. b:chuckle

EDIT: I meant 2x EXP in the first post, my bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I voted yes, for obvious reasons. Drop rates in this game are utterly ****... I wouldn't even bother thinking about normal crafting mats (from mobs ofc) right now.

To be honest, I don't give a damn if these mats will be less worthy for coin "profits". Because crafting will be made easier for everyone.

I would like to see more fun daily and repeatable quests that are on par with grinding coin-wise in reward, not just exp.

More DQ drops for grinding would be a bonus, if only because there's many "NPC prices" in this game that are simply way too high. (think: shards without packs, upgrading skills later on, or acquiring 79+ skills, etc).

Plus, without packs, more drop rate means CHEAPER GEAR. Everyone complaining that they "lost profit" due to higher drop rates for farming should stop being so selfish. People who don't have that gear and run that instance HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO, FOR MATS NOT "SELLING" IT TO PLAYERS FOR "PROFITS", will get it easier. Or they can buy mats cheaper. W/e.

Don't talk to me about pack gear. I'm fully aware how packs ruined this game making almost every damn thing buyable in one way or another.
    Yep. Give them what they want and end up making more money because of it, when those same players begging for 2x drops hit 9x, they'll see how much it costs just for decent gears, and they'll be complaining even more, then looking at the gold prices of 400-500k and say, hey it won't hurt to charge $20-$50, because that would be like 8-20m in coin...

By the time they've hit 9x, spending a little won't sound as bad because they've already time invested in the game and to compete at 9x, you'll need to cash shop since farming 2-2, 2-3 and 3-1 (unless you can solo them) isn't profitable anymore...
    Will you ever stop thinking only about yourself?

Lower price for TT mats? Sure, that means gear is cheaper to buy too for the people who NEED it rather than those who farm it "for profits", even if your damn profits (which come from players) aren't as high.
    edited May 2010
    Will you ever stop thinking only about yourself?

Lower price for TT mats? Sure, that means gear is cheaper to buy too for the people who NEED it rather than those who farm it "for profits", even if your damn profits (which come from players) aren't as high.

If I were only thinking about myself I would say YES without a second thought. During 2x event I made between 8m-15m every single day for 2 hrs work. Why? Because I'm 10x with most of my end-game gear already. Instances mean ****, they're simple. Just a bit of time and afk effort and I get gold mats galore... gold mats that sell for 12-25m per item during 2x events.

2x is bad for the server economy. It's great for the 160m coin I've saved up in the last month.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Voted no....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    for god ****ing sake... lets just make 2x the normal drop and have another 2x on top of that... then in a month make the 4x the normal drop and have an additional 2x for total of 8x from today's drop rate... well.. you get where i am going with this... just to shut the freaking noobs up.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    for god ****ing sake... lets just make 2x the normal drop and have another 2x on top of that... then in a month make the 4x the normal drop and have an additional 2x for total of 8x from today's drop rate... well.. you get where i am going with this... just to shut the freaking noobs up.

<- laughed irl b:chuckle

Mainly because newer players have no idea...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I WOULD indeed like 2x drops back. Many services offered by NPCs, like trainers for example, would be much easier to access. Inflated player prices wouldn't matter much.

Another way to fix the problem would be to cut all NPC prices in the game by 50%.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    2x is bad for the server economy. It's great for the 160m coin I've saved up in the last
    month.

Why is that?
    During 2x event I made between 8m-15m every single day for 2 hrs work.

Wow how?
    Instances mean ****, they're simple.

I thought these instances were supposed to present a challenge
    Because I'm 10x with most of my end-game gear already. Just a bit of time and afk effort and I get gold mats galore... gold mats that sell for 12-25m per item during 2x events.

You have said before that you dont cash shop but that you do merchant to get stuff. you have said that you have or are close to having your Deicides +10 and I would assume again with 5 atks/sec.

why am I pointing this out? because the reason for everything here is that the cash shop is broken where people can buy their uber gear and then farm the instances they were supposed to farm to get it and sell for huge profit. It is interesting that that people that complain the most when a thread like this comes up are the people that already have the gear you get in these instances.

I dont want permanent double drops because it doesnt present as much of a challenge, but i do agree that some drop rates should be looked into mainly 80+ world mobs.

The problem is that the packs and all the cash gear has caused the player base to outgrow the content. (all the fast exp too but that isnt where this thread has gone.) So what should happen? as the player base lvls (ideally much slower than this) they gradually farm their own gear Molds/TT sets -> Frost/TT90-> TT99/Lunar -> Nirvana now. New content can slowly be added as players complete these parts of the game keeps them happy with new stuff, lower levels progress through having something to shoot for. What we have now is *swipe credit card* -> "Yay I'm uber" -> "**** now i'm bored". the merchanters like this as well cuz they are good at working the in game economy and take advantage of the fact that the higher players are bored and farming lower instances and become uber by sitting in a catshop.

@Michael I'm not flaming you just using u as a illustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Voted no....

I'm glad you voted no, Rose.
    Glad to see you back, btw. :)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No.....................

Even though I could get my TT90 armor and GXs *Drool*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If I were only thinking about myself I would say YES without a second thought. During 2x event I made between 8m-15m every single day for 2 hrs work. Why? Because I'm 10x with most of my end-game gear already. Instances mean ****, they're simple. Just a bit of time and afk effort and I get gold mats galore... gold mats that sell for 12-25m per item during 2x events.

2x is bad for the server economy. It's great for the 160m coin I've saved up in the last month.
    You're right... it made people who bought your mats happier because they got it easier, apparently. You only run for profit, while they would've run it for their gears instead. The hard way, I mean, with 1x drops.
  • narquel
    narquel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Voted yes. Why? Because it won't **** up anything more atm, really. For example, I refused to use EXP stones or Oracles, and doing those awful BH. My main exp income is from grinding, same goes for coins.

Those who use Oracles or EXP stones don't benefit on 2x exp/spirit (12x or 13x - I'd say "whatever"). But drops... I'd say "no" to drops.
    edited May 2010
    Why is that?

Already been stated by a number of people in this thread.
    Wow how?

The gold mats in 3-3 can sell for a lot. Illusion Lord drops Illusion Stone which sells for 20-25m. Giant Beast drops Footprint which sells for 12-14m. Steelation drops Ghost Lord's Protection which sells for 10-12m. Emperor drops Sigh which sells for 3-4m. There are a few other gold mat drops, but those are the ones everyone wants to drop.

3 bosses in there also have the chance to drop TT100 red mats. I've never had one drop. If Heart of Nature dropped from Illusion Lord or Twilight Scepter dropped from Minister, that would be a 60-150m mat.
    I thought these instances were supposed to present a challenge

Not really. About the middle of last year the actual mob count was reduced significantly, and bless boxes were introduced making TT much easier to run. When you're 10x and have a pro party, not much in 3-3 presents much of a problem unless you're going to do a card boss like Crystal Terror... he's pretty brutal, otherwise 3-3 is easy.
    You have said before that you dont cash shop but that you do merchant to get stuff. you have said that you have or are close to having your Deicides +10 and I would assume again with 5 atks/sec.

why am I pointing this out? because the reason for everything here is that the cash shop is broken where people can buy their uber gear and then farm the instances they were supposed to farm to get it and sell for huge profit. It is interesting that that people that complain the most when a thread like this comes up are the people that already have the gear you get in these instances.

I never said that I don't cash shop... I have and do casually cash-shop from time to time. That being said, I've farmed my whole TT90 set, I farmed my TT99, I farmed my Lunar Neck, I farmed my Nirvana pants, I've farmed/merchanted for my +10 refine on my Deicide.

I've opend about a total of 400 packs since Anniversary Packs first came out. I've opened about 350 Anniversary packs, 5 Coral Packs and 50 Tiger Packs. The only two things I've received were Event Helm and Lunar Weapon, the latter of which I traded for an event cape and event boots. All my refines on my gear except for my +10 90 Gold axes were miraged/tisha'd/merchanted.

To be fair, 44m of that was from $100 I spent hoping I would get enough coin to buy Scroll of Tome which I didn't get... the rest of the money was from farming and merchanting. I also spent a considerable amount of coin farmed/merch'd on lvl 11 skills, and I'm only 3 or 4 skills away from being finished.

So what should happen? as the player base lvls (ideally much slower than this) they gradually farm their own gear Molds/TT sets -> Frost/TT90-> TT99/Lunar -> Nirvana now. New content can slowly be added as players complete these parts of the game keeps them happy with new stuff, lower levels progress through having something to shoot for. What we have now is *swipe credit card* -> "Yay I'm uber" -> "**** now i'm bored".

What we also have is a generation of people who are addicted to the exp giveaways, then expect everything else to be given to them when they aren't happy with what they can get. Things don't happen quickly enough, or they don't get given enough so they whine and complain that on we should have money reward quests and permanent double drops... they don't want to work in the game, only have an easy time and have fun, yet don't see the fact that they're rushing through everything they should be spending time on and focusing on leveling to reach the end while not paying attention to the journey.

All the newer players want instant gratification, and this isn't really supposed to be a game of instant gratification, but working hard to achieve long term goals and enjoying the fruits of your labor when you're done. Just look at how many wraith's sprits or eyes you need to craft event helm/boot or the drop rate in Nirvana and how many runs a full party needs to do to get one piece of gear each to see what a long term goal is supposed to be.

There really aren't many long term goals left in the game which is why you have threads of people complaining that there isn't anything really left to do.

You're right... it made people who bought your mats happier because they got it easier, apparently. You only run for profit, while they would've run it for their gears instead. The hard way, I mean, with 1x drops.

BZZZT. Sorry, there you go sticking your head up your backside again.

I helped guild mates farm at least 10 pieces of Nirvana and 2 Nirvana weapons since Nirvana was introduced. I've done over 130 guild Nirvana runs. I haven't run Nirvana for profit... oh wait, I did once and donated the 2 Uncannies to guild. During the last 2x event I helped farm at least 10 pieces of TT99 gear for guildies as well.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've opend about a total of 400 packs since Anniversary Packs first came out. I've opened about 350 Anniversary packs, 5 Coral Packs and 50 Tiger Packs.

Looks like MD's showing off his math skills again.

People should vote yes. I want my rapture crystals...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »

How does I shot rounding?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I bet he "rounds up" his TT earnings too in that manner.

Also good luck selling a TS for 150m...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »

The magic word there is about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks