Would you like 2x back?

MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
As the title says, do you want 2x back?
Post a reply saying yes/no and why please.
<3
Post edited by MistaBwanden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Except for the fact I earn 5-20m a day in 3-3 during 2x, NO.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sure do; more TT99 mats and more nirvana crystals for me to buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hell yeah, Ive got a full quest log because of FF runs so it would be nice to make some extra money while I do them b:laugh
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No.

2x exp - easy enough to level with dailies and FC runs etc. Why does it need to be made easier?
    2x drops - prolonged periods crashes economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No.

2x exp - easy enough to level with dailies and FC runs etc. Why does it need to be made easier?
    2x drops - prolonged periods crashes economy.

Indeed. Voted no as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No, however almost all drop rates need adjustment.

TT droprate is right on target.

FF droprate is about 1/10th of what it should be

Lunar droprate is about 1/2 of what it should be

Nirvana droprate is about 1/4 of what it should be

World map mobs droprate varies from on target from level 1-90 to way low on 90+

Worldboss droprate is about 1/3 of what it should be

Heaven/Hell droprate is about 1/3 what it should be

OHT droprate is about 1/2 what it should be

Unicorn Forest droprate is about 1/3 to 1/4 of what it should be

Valley of the Scarred droprate is about 3x what it should be

Moonshade Desert Droprate is about 1/5 of what it should be

FB droprate is about 3/4 of what it should be for most and 1/5 what it should be for book drops on the last bosses of Abaddon and Seat of Torment

Did I miss any regions?

But if they adjust nothing, yaay as well.

Oops, forgot the exp factor: No, exp rates on many things should be reduced... I still want a basic server. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7919192&postcount=28
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Indeed. Voted no as well.

Yay!
    A mod that said no as well!
    b:laugh
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No. I agree with Aneurysmal completely, some drop rates are nice, some are just plain too low..

Offtopic: Grats on 89 Mista, sage or demon?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If they get back the 2x EXP, they should take off Hyper Exp Stones, IMO. That's too much if both are there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only reason I voted yes, was for the 2x drop ^.^

Mainly because the current drop rate is somewhat sketchy, and not much to gain from it (besides coin, and DQ items, maybe the occasional mold if you become damn well lucky). So Yes to 2x drop, no to exp/spirit ^.^
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I voted yes, the drop rates are complete rubbish and I want them higher. They are already making it easier to level up so long as you fork over the cash, why not break the game even more and have all mobs actually drop stuff in a fair rate. 81% to drop nothing per kill, completly fair.

Exp and Spirit, there is no point to 2x that. That's just for lowbie players who don't like grinding at their levels. They usually ragequit right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If they just fixed the DQ rates for 80+, I wouldn't have voted yes... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited May 2010
    No, however almost all drop rates need adjustment.

So basically you're saying yes but can't bring yourself to actually saying it. b:bye

If they just fixed the DQ rates for 80+, I wouldn't have voted yes... >_>

The reason DQ drops off at 80+ is because you are supposed to start farming the higher instances. I guess a legacy before everything became a giveaway.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The reason DQ drops off at 80+ is because you are supposed to start farming the higher instances. I guess a legacy before everything became a giveaway.
    XDDD

I'd love for you to point me to the exact place on the site where PWE officially tells us we're "supposed" to start farming instances for our coin.

Until then, I'll stick by the idea that we're "supposed" to have multiple ways of gaining coin, most if not all of them viable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    No. I agree with Aneurysmal completely, some drop rates are nice, some are just plain too low..

Offtopic: Grats on 89 Mista, sage or demon?

Thank you. Nearly 90.
    Without hypers, if I may add.
    I chose to be Demon, as I prefer to DD.

Back on topic, I mistakingly voted yes.
    Not sleeping much for a week makes your eyes not see right.
    :P
    edited May 2010
    XDDD

I'd love for you to point me to the exact place on the site where PWE officially tells us we're "supposed" to start farming instances for our coin..

Well, it's really quite apparent. DQ drops peak when you're 6x... it helps for you to save up for shards, refines and your first set of TT armor. Until you hit 8x you're not really able to farm much for money, lower TT isn't really worth farming. All of the money making TTs are really (or used to be) the 8x+... 1-3, 2-2 and 2-3 and then 3-1... and those used to be good enough until you could do 3-2 and 3-3.

Just as there is a progression for crafting mat drops, you don't get the best grade stuff from grinding mobs that aren't in instances.

When you hit past 9x you can grind 2nd or 3rd map if you must, those drops are still pretty good, but they don't compare to the coin you would get from dropping gold in TT and selling and splitting.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If they get back the 2x drop, they should take off Hyper Exp Stones, IMO. That's too much if both are there.

Agreed. I'm all for faster EXP, but both would be a little much. We don't need another sixty people running around in BHes not knowing how to play their class. I guess that would be a reason for me to vote no, of course; we already level quite quickly.

What if there were a compromise - double EXP and drops until you're about 25 or 30 and then cut it off? This way people wouldn't stay at low levels for months, but would still learn how to play their class, since by the time they hit 30 they're still learning.
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    x2 drops are good for PWI but bad long term for players.

TBH its a clever marketing plan.

Increase inflation of ingame items by injecting coin from outside game sources ( Tokens of best luck ), then add x2 drops to reduce players ability to earn coins ingame to afford the new higher prices = makes them more likely to swipe the credit card.

*Puts on tin foil hat * b:chuckle
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    x2 drops are good for PWI but bad long term for players.

TBH its a clever marketing plan.

Increase inflation of ingame items by injecting coin from outside game sources ( Tokens of best luck ), then add x2 drops to reduce players ability to earn coins ingame to afford the new higher prices = makes them more likely to swipe the credit card.

*Puts on tin foil hat * b:chuckle
    Don't forget that they're doing this, while the majority of the players are happy about it. It is a smart strategy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ive voted yes but its a yes and no in fact.

Why no : i find the xp value is nice how it is right now. there's no point to rush for lvl 90+ 95+ 100+ with x2 exp + hyper as if you do it you will have a high lvl player with **** stuff. So your char will be a pure failure. Rushing lvl doesnt allow you to learn the max of your class so there is a big chance you will be bad or average at what you do.

Why yes : because with the bh + cs system winning xp cost a lot of money if you don't know how to manage a good catshop and its sad but real, grinding doesnt pay good. So x2 drop is a nice way to make some money for grinding, tt addicted :).

Most of the player in pwi are not hard gold buyer. Usually they take a free to play game as it must be taken : as a free to play :).
    Gold buyers must have a big advantage due to real money they send to PWE and i agree with that but the hole between free player and money player is really too huge atm.

My view is that gold users and free players should reach the same goals but on a different speed. Of course gold users should use the best of the game very fast compared to others but right now some goals are just impossible for free players.

Thats all :). x2 xp = meaningless. x2 droprate : that doesnt change how gold users play but its a fair retribution to free players.
    edited May 2010
    Don't forget that they're doing this, while the majority of the players are happy about it. It is a smart strategy.

Yep. Give them what they want and end up making more money because of it, when those same players begging for 2x drops hit 9x, they'll see how much it costs just for decent gears, and they'll be complaining even more, then looking at the gold prices of 400-500k and say, hey it won't hurt to charge $20-$50, because that would be like 8-20m in coin...

By the time they've hit 9x, spending a little won't sound as bad because they've already time invested in the game and to compete at 9x, you'll need to cash shop since farming 2-2, 2-3 and 3-1 (unless you can solo them) isn't profitable anymore...
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This poll is really stupid in the terms that it asked if we wanted 2x back. 2x what? 2x drop rate? 2x exp/spirit?

If it's the drop rate, then it means people would farm instances such as Twilight Temple or Nirvana more, therefore dropping the price of the goods that can be obtained in that instance. Hell, I wouldn't mind this since I'm a veno, give me some 2x drop rate so I can farm TT for that time period and make a crapload of money from the people who can't farm the instances on their own.

If it's the exp/spirit, why do noobs need more ways to gain exp faster? Is dailies such as Bounty Hunter not enough for you? Fine, it's not enough, there is still the Forgotten Frostcover instance that you can enter. Hyporacle noobs have come into existence. The ones that don't know how to play their own class correctly and when you try to tell them they aren't doing it correctly, they start to call you a noob or some other despicable word from the English dictionary.

No. We don't need either of these options.b:bye
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm voting yes, because I do want it back, but it's a qualified yes.

I liked 2x when they first did it -- when it was one weekend. I hoped they would bring it back about one weekend a month as a special thing where it would seem almost like a mini event. This stuff with 2-3 weeks at a time with the occasional 1 or 2 week break in between is just an economy crasher. It's too much, and it makes the 2x seem less exciting.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Absolutely not; double xp means more fail players.
    However, a raised drop rate would be good if PWI intends to implement some real "end game" content closer to the hard cap. Getting geared with the current system is simply frustrating: every boss takes 30 minutes to down and you don't even know if you'll get anything from it. I used to macro, afk, and eat dinner on straight DPS bosses, and the boss wouldn't be dead by the time I got back. Maybe continued double HH drops, but without double xp/coin/whatever else.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yes, 2x would be wonderful!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If we're talking about drop rates (... steers the thread farther off topic ...), one thing we've discussed quite a bit in our faction's vent is getting rid of all the OHT mats in 3-1. Maybe that was necessary once as a way to give people access to those materials, but nowadays there are so many people doing world bosses, summonbots, past dailies, and all the various other sources of those materials that there's an overabundance. All they do now is nerf the 3-1 drops horribly.

All the lower level TT bosses drop an average of about 1.8 mats per run. For 3-1 that falls to .86 for the Giant Beast Armor boss. The other 3-x runs also drop OHT mats, but those bosses drop more items overall, so the effect is less dramatic.

If it's really necessary to keep OHT mats as drops in TT, at least reduce the rates. There's no reason that the most likely drops from TT bosses should be luminostones.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    For me personally i really benefit from x2 drop, people with good gear can make loads of money from farming fast 3-3/3-2 runs for gold mats and its also nice with the extra drops in Nirvana and Lunar.

But im still gonna vote no. In a bigger perspective the x2 drop rate really screws up the economy weeks after its gone for people that isn't fully geared up 100+ and can rush through endgame instances.

Pretty much all TT70-90 mats and molders becomes kinda worthless. Players 90+ that already have gear and are trying to make cash for refines and such cant make any money from profit runs at all, cant even make money from book/molder drops in BHs. Months after the drop event is over most TT-mats are down to nothing and impossible to sell.

Double exp/spirit sure i would say yes to that. Doesn't really affect much anyway, the Hyper Frost spammers already level 5 times a week and majority of players spend most time doing their BHs.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    I'm voting yes, because I do want it back, but it's a qualified yes.

I liked 2x when they first did it -- when it was one weekend. I hoped they would bring it back about one weekend a month as a special thing where it would seem almost like a mini event. This stuff with 2-3 weeks at a time with the occasional 1 or 2 week break in between is just an economy crasher. It's too much, and it makes the 2x seem less exciting.

I always liked the past mat drops in 3-1 somewhat; those mats are separate from the mats from past daily, and it makes it easy to get past gear made, e.g. the past boots for my 90 set.
    However, I do agree that it nerfs the drop of actual HH mats unnecessarily, and should be dealt with for that reason. Perhaps just increasing the drop rate on the HH green/gold mats and leaving the OHT mat drop rates static would be in order?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    best fix for all the economy mess

find a delorian with a flux capacitor and drive it to 88 mph. go back and never introduce bh, scrap the pack idea, fix the content that is there so people can farm stuff like champ scrolls, never make the cash shop able to get you gear, make the "events" give free limited time stuff like mounts, fashion, aero and things like that to get people addicted to it so they will buy it.

ok but really it may really **** the economy now to suddenly take all this stuff away right now but the packs really screwed it all in one shot. reverting pw back to the way it was will be better in the long run. ppl can still cash shop their way up by buying gold and selling it but then at least someone would have to work for the gear they get instead of it just appearing when someone swipes a card. the pay to win strategie may work short term to get cash but long term it will drive away a player base, lower the ratings on the game (which is why i even tried it) and cause it to crash and burn.

anyway.....drop rates......permanently up the 80+ mob drop rates and i think a lot of people will be much happier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I always liked the past mat drops in 3-1 somewhat; those mats are separate from the mats from past daily, and it makes it easy to get past gear made, e.g. the past boots for my 90 set.
    However, I do agree that it nerfs the drop of actual HH mats unnecessarily, and should be dealt with for that reason. Perhaps just increasing the drop rate on the HH green/gold mats and leaving the OHT mat drop rates static would be in order?

Superb idea! Excuse me while I go and do Twilight Temple with the nerfed green/gold drop rate and make more money than you ever will. And of course, all profits will be going to me since I'm a veno and you're not.

Of course, this will go on leading to QQ because the classes who cannot solo farm instances will say that venos shouldn't be able to farm instances on their own. And how it's unfair, thus asking for another 2x drop rate to occur so they can get the mats they need for gear. Which in the end, allows more TT farmers to gain even more money. In the end, all the mats below TT99 will be deemed worthless. Superb idea. +1. You have my approval.

/sarcasm
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D