New Patch & decomposing 3*

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Off original topic but has to be said:

7 year old PC that even barely compares to current day technology = LIE.

Replaced motherboard, replaced GPU, (presumably) replaced processor, (presumably) replaced RAM with DDR3 Dominators, then it isn't a 7 year old PC in any sense but the cabinet and SMPS, perhaps. Actually, given the new motherboard power specs, did you replace the SMPS too?

I'm thinking there's some lack of veracity in the 7 year old PC claim.

Considering i built it when FFXI had only been out for 6 months (had to build something better my old gateway couldnt' even handle it)... ya it's been about 7 years. I've replaced the motherboard and vid card due to being fried. Oh ya and the sound card too last one just died.... GeForce 7600 GS vid card, 4 gigs of ram (same ram cards since the beginning), P4 3.o GZH dual core with hyper threading on a Asus P4V800D-X MOBO. Full tower case, 12 USB slots (2 internal), 7 fans, 160 GB sata HD and a 250 gig WD passport.... want my DXDiag report too? Ya some things have had to be replaced **** happens.... but all in all same pc. I can take tomb Raider Underworld which is probably one of the most graphic intensive games i've seen yet (especially at the beginning in the burning mansion) and run it on HIGH settings and not lag one bit. My friend wanted it so he installed it on his pc (took it over there), his pc's newer then mine and he had to play on the LOW settings or he'd skip all over the damn place.

Now believe me or not but i was looking at some pc's for the hell of it last time i was in compusa and or bestbuy. Most of the ones on the shelf had **** stats compared to mine. The only ones i saw i MIGHT be interested in cost like 3 grand.... i built this for like 800.... (if you dont' count the replacements).

And no it's the same old 800 watt power source..... o ya and the funny part, the old motherboard was actually better.... this one was the only one i could find at the time that i could get FAST, and in my price range, and actually HAD 4 ram slots.

Edit: Btw... i tihnk you're just nit picking at my post cause you're bored and have nothing to do and love annoying people. o ya and your'e right.. i was wrong it's not 7 years. It's been 8 now LOL
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Considering i built it when FFXI had only been out for 6 months (had to build something better my old gateway couldnt' even handle it)... ya it's been about 7 years. I've replaced the motherboard and vid card due to being fried. Oh ya and the sound card too last one just died.... GeForce 7600 GS vid card, 4 gigs of ram (same ram cards since the beginning), P4 3.o GZH dual core with hyper threading on a Asus P4V800D-X MOBO. Full tower case, 12 USB slots (2 internal), 7 fans, 160 GB sata HD and a 250 gig WD passport.... want my DXDiag report too? Ya some things have had to be replaced **** happens.... but all in all same pc. I can take tomb Raider Underworld which is probably one of the most graphic intensive games i've seen yet (especially at the beginning in the burning mansion) and run it on HIGH settings and not lag one bit. My friend wanted it so he installed it on his pc (took it over there), his pc's newer then mine and he had to play on the LOW settings or he'd skip all over the damn place.

Now believe me or not but i was looking at some pc's for the hell of it last time i was in compusa and or bestbuy. Most of the ones on the shelf had **** stats compared to mine. The only ones i saw i MIGHT be interested in cost like 3 grand.... i built this for like 800.... (if you dont' count the replacements).

And no it's the same old 800 watt power source..... o ya and the funny part, the old motherboard was actually better.... this one was the only one i could find at the time that i could get FAST, and in my price range, and actually HAD 4 ram slots.

Edit: Btw... i tihnk you're just nit picking at my post cause you're bored and have nothing to do and love annoying people. o ya and your'e right.. i was wrong it's not 7 years. It's been 8 now LOL

My computer is AMD Phenom II X4 940, Radeon HD 4850 1GB, 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD. Cost me around 700$ and is about twice as good as yours. If I had bought those from the cheapest places on earth, it would have been around 600$. A year ago. A bit more with 8GB RAM and at least HD 4870 1GB. b:bye

On topic: anyone interested in making a thread where someone could post the newest information about Chinese patch notes? Unless it is against the forum rules.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On topic: anyone interested in making a thread where someone could post the newest information about Chinese patch notes? Unless it is against the forum rules.

The flaws would be

1 = find someone dedicated that speaks chinese ( and no googlaxproximation)
    2 = that same someone does the translation for every patch and hot fixes on a regular basis
    3 = it would greatly help if that same person did know the concordance between chinese game terms/definitions and PWI ones

4 = Some official from PWI would tell us its not a forbidden thingie ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Considering i built it when FFXI had only been out for 6 months (had to build something better my old gateway couldnt' even handle it)... ya it's been about 7 years. I've replaced the motherboard and vid card due to being fried. Oh ya and the sound card too last one just died.... GeForce 7600 GS vid card, 4 gigs of ram (same ram cards since the beginning), P4 3.o GZH dual core with hyper threading on a Asus P4V800D-X MOBO.

A P4 isn't dual core, it's a single core. lol A T or L series C2D mobile would smoke it so bad it's not even funny. GS video card? A modern Intel on-board GPU would smoke that as well.

You're just full of humor. haha

A brand new $500 laptop would definitely outperform your old system.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Considering i built it when FFXI had only been out for 6 months (had to build something better my old gateway couldnt' even handle it)... ya it's been about 7 years.

You didn't build anything. You bought the parts and put them together; sorta like Legos for bored teens and grown ups. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Guys,

You do realise if you keep butting heads over your disagreements, it'll result in this thread being locked?

I would like to see official confirmation if this is a,
    • Change of the decompostion process or,
    • Unintended bug resulting from the last patch

Anything else is at best informed speculation until such time I would have thought.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Guys,

You do realise if you keep butting heads over your disagreements, it'll result in this thread being locked?

I would like to see official confirmation if this is a,
    • Change of the decompostion process or,
    • Unintended bug resulting from the last patch

Anything else is at best informed speculation until such time I would have thought.

Regards.

Umm...

1) Yes we know, and we do it continue it because...
    2) There will never be an offical response and
    3) It is 'illegal' to talk about other versions, so this thread should have been locked ages ago.

Face it, no-one will ever tell us. There was this link someone posted a page or two ago, which said it was intended for the CN version. Is it intended for us, who knows.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All right guys, I'll check on this game change.

And for those of you who insist on flaming each other in this thread: either cut it out or take it to PM's.

Thanks.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2010

And for those of you who insist on flaming each other in this thread: either cut it out or take it to PM's.

Thanks.

Wait, we're allowed to harass each other via PMs?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

Thanks.

Wow, you guys really are going to check this out? Great job.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Thanks.

Much appreciated frankie.

b:victoryb:pleasedb:victory

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yay, thank you frankieraye! This change made me sad.. I needed mirages to refine something recently but my friend wasted 20k decomping 1 item for 2 mirages for me -.- After that I told him to stop and just give me the 3*s back.. it's so not worth it now. And I am now mirageless =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I thought the answer was obvious, o.o They haven't changed anything at all.

Looted items from mobs, 3*** are only half endurance, meaning you will only get half the normal amount of mirages..

Try repairing the looted 3*** back to full endurance, and you'll get full amount of mirages.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

Looted items from mobs, 3*** are only half endurance, meaning you will only get half the normal amount of mirages..

Try repairing the looted 3*** back to full endurance, and you'll get full amount of mirages.

Nope, this was confirmed it's not the issue. It costs more to decompose mob drops, and even if it is fully repaired, it gives less mirages than it used to give.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010

Thanks.

I like how you deleted all my posts and made this look like a one sided debate where michael just bashes me.... what, adults can't defend themselves from 10 yr old brats on here? Why dont' u delete all his posts where he eggs me on and insults me every time as well?

As for michael.... you just go on and on don't you....? Well you might want to try looking things up before you open your mouth. If P4's dont' have dual core processors, then WHY DO I HAVE TWO PROCESSORS in my device manager??? idiot......
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    My computer is AMD Phenom II X4 940, Radeon HD 4850 1GB, 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD. Cost me around 700$ and is about twice as good as yours. If I had bought those from the cheapest places on earth, it would have been around 600$. A year ago. A bit more with 8GB RAM and at least HD 4870 1GB. b:bye

I dont' know that CPU, vid card's got twice the on board ram mine does..... other then that SAME as mine. And keep in mind how long ago i built mine. Doesn't matter how big your hard drive is.... long as it's not filled to the brink which would start slowing it down. I'll admit i'd love to have a hard drive that huge.....

As for whoever said i didn't build it... it's just a big set of legos i ordered.. wtf? Ya ok sorry i didnt' build my pc from scratch putting the circuit boards together myself and everything... wth are you smoking lol.

Um what?? Before this happened you didnt' get ANY mirage unless u fully repaired the 3*. Have you even DONE this before or you just going on what u get from decomposing 1 and 2* into chi stones? And if you go back to the first page and actually read, especially the post i put where i can't decompose things into ANY mirage at all (lvl 5 capes off Qingzi for example) which i was doing not two days earlier... you'll realize something's changed. Adn not for the better
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/6295

Look to how many mirages it decompose and whats not cool I've just crafted 3* one and theres no diff, it decomps to 2 mirages for 20K.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like how you deleted all my posts and made this look like a one sided debate where michael just bashes me.... what, adults can't defend themselves from 10 yr old brats on here? Why dont' u delete all his posts where he eggs me on and insults me every time as well?

As for michael.... you just go on and on don't you....? Well you might want to try looking things up before you open your mouth. If P4's dont' have dual core processors, then WHY DO I HAVE TWO PROCESSORS in my device manager??? idiot......

Mods only acts when there are complaints on certain individuals and ti's certainly not cost-effective to decompose 3 * to get mirages.

FYI, P4 do not have another physical core on the chip, unlike it's later generations. The 'additonal core' which you see is called hyper-threading technology. For more information, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    erm getting a mirage from buying a 3* off the AH for less then 5k isnt' cost effective? people sell mirages for 20.... but i can't even decompose blazing capes or w/e the lvl 5 one is anymore, it stays blank. same with sunsprite heels.
    edited April 2010

Because you don't even have anything semi-intelligent to say and you resort to foul language and name calling.

Single core hyperthreading appears as two processors, but it is only one. Come on, you're so freaking brilliant you should know better, right?

When you built your P4 3.0 7600GS I had just build my P4 3.2 9800 Pro which pretty much would have sjmoked your system. Compared to a modern $500 laptop it's a dog.

Some people... geez.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Because you don't even have anything semi-intelligent to say and you resort to foul language and name calling.

Single core hyperthreading appears as two processors, but it is only one. Come on, you're so freaking brilliant you should know better, right?

When you built your P4 3.0 7600GS I had just build my P4 3.2 9800 Pro which pretty much would have sjmoked your system. Compared to a modern $500 laptop it's a dog.

Some people... geez.

Thanks for the lulz......

@ Alasen- People may not even auction the plain 3* (without beneficial stats to any class) and numbers of 3 stars at 5k is not in huge numbers. b:chuckle
  • vonsabrewulf#0988
    vonsabrewulf#0988 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For a while after the patch i thought i was going crazy or something since every time i decomposed a 3 star i only got like 2 mirages compared to the 3 or 4.

Well i hope they fix this, this is ridiculous there's no point in repairing and decomposing 3 stars anymore.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    erm getting a mirage from buying a 3* off the AH for less then 5k isnt' cost effective? people sell mirages for 20.... but i can't even decompose blazing capes or w/e the lvl 5 one is anymore, it stays blank. same with sunsprite heels.
    Yes, some people sell them for 20k, but they don't sell many. Market price on HT at the moment is around 15k.

A grade 6 item which used to yield 2 mirages costs about 7k to repair. By decomposing, you were giving up 7k in money you'd get by selling the item to an NPC (or the minimum price you'd pay to buy it off AH). The decompose fee used to be 5k per mirage, or 10k in this case. So the total cost was 7k+7k+10k = 24k, or 12k per mirage.

Now the grade 6 item yields only 1 mirage. Repair cost is the same, and now it costs 10k per mirage to decompose. So your cost is still 24k, but for just one mirage. So now it costs 24k per mirage.

Given that pwdatabase now lists the lowered number of mirages per decompose, I'm moving this to the intentional nerf category. The long-term impact will be an increase in mirage prices, probably to around 25k-30k per mirage. And a side-effect of that will be greater cash shop sales of tienkang stones, tisha stones, and dragon orbs since the price increase neuters the cost-effectiveness of attempting mirage-only refines for anything higher than +2.
    edited April 2010
    yw, I've been laughing since it started.
    For a while after the patch i thought i was going crazy or something since every time i decomposed a 3 star i only got like 2 mirages compared to the 3 or 4.

Well i hope they fix this, this is ridiculous there's no point in repairing and decomposing 3 stars anymore.

It doesn't seem like a mistake but a deliberate attempt at devaluing 3* items.

It isn't worth decomping a 3* for mirages anymore. For example a lvl 8x helm would cost 8k to repair and 20k to decomp for 2 mirages. If you do the math, you'll earn more money just by npcing the item, depending on how much mirages on your server actually sell for.

On LC, mirages typically sell for 16-20k. Lets say I can sell two at 20k ea. 8k repair +20k decomp = 28k. If I can sell both mirages for 40k I would end up with 12k profit when I could have just npc'd the item for 18k.

Either you get a good stat 3* to sell or npc it.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Given that pwdatabase now lists the lowered number of mirages per decompose, I'm moving this to the intentional nerf category. The long-term impact will be an increase in mirage prices, probably to around 25k-30k per mirage. And a side-effect of that will be greater cash shop sales of tienkang stones, tisha stones, and dragon orbs since the price increase neuters the cost-effectiveness of attempting mirage-only refines for anything higher than +2.

Most Mirages on the server come from TTs and BH100 rewards, far outnumbering the amount gotten from decomposing 3*. In all honesty i dont expect this change to effect mirage pricing on the server, it mostly hurts lower level players who cant even TT yet. And is a moderate effect on those between 60 & 100. 100+s wont even notice much of a blow.
    edited April 2010
    Most Mirages on the server come from TTs and BH100 rewards, far outnumbering the amount gotten from decomposing 3*. In all honesty i dont expect this change to effect mirage pricing on the server, it mostly hurts lower level players who cant even TT yet. And is a moderate effect on those between 60 & 100. 100+s wont even notice much of a blow.

Yeah, these changes as well as the upcoming npc value reduction of DQ items doens't hurt me one bit, it just hurts the lower level people... of course this is all pretty much planned. All the ways to make some coin in-game, sans-merchanting, have been removed. It really is starting to become pay to play. You don't need to pay subscription, but if you plan on sticking around past lvl 8x, you're far more likely to spend real money than you were a year ago. This is by design and not by chance or mistake, I'm quite sure.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mmmm, yeah. Good point. It seems the last patch had some major changes behind the scenes. In addition to FB bosses dropping coin less frequently, I'm starting to suspect the rate of mirage drops off TT bosses is up too. Previously we'd finish a 2-2 or 2-3 with about 4-8 mirages from 3 or 4 bosses. The last two runs I did, we got 21 and 19, which is much higher than expected even with double drops.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    @ Alasen- People may not even auction the plain 3* (without beneficial stats to any class) and numbers of 3 stars at 5k is not in huge numbers. b:chuckle

Have you looked at the AH lately? I get 4 or 6 pieces of armor a day at like 4k or 5 each... and turn em into mirages. or i did... till now... now i can't even decompose them into even one....
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    pleaseeee fixxx thiss. Decomposing is useless now.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Anyone else though that this might be the coin sink? b:chuckle

What I really wanted to ask is that is it confirmed that the decomposing cost was raised because of hackers? Or is just guessing?