New Patch & decomposing 3*

Options

Comments

• Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anyone else though that this might be the coin sink? b:chuckle

What I really wanted to ask is that is it confirmed that the decomposing cost was raised because of hackers? Or is just guessing?

I'll never belive to that reason cause if it was it then why to nerf crafted items as well? Callling it coin sink is kinda being blind, it's resource sink that adds more coin as you npc it now and increase cost of mirages.

There was someday post about how to make money without merchanting and swindling. Realize that theres almost no way to have good gear without playing market. Molds farming dead cause flood, 3* now as well, TT now if you look at time vs profit then you'll laught, frost is from packs and farmed weapon costs 2x that, nirvana is going down cause pack flood, idk about lunar but solo doesnt give pretty penny. Now i belive decreasing NPC prices on DQ is not a rumor and will apply in near future. What we have? We have $$ and it's way more $$ than you would pay for the most expensive subscribtion if you refuse to mechant.

BTW: Why ppl moved from PW-MY to PWI? I've heard cause chinese suprervisor's greed but I know a barb that told me he was rich on PW-MY so now they must be greed^greed.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BTW: Why ppl moved from PW-MY to PWI? I've heard cause chinese suprervisor's greed but I know a barb that told me he was rich on PW-MY so now they must be greed^greed.

The servers started to be pretty empty, and I think they had some server merges a while ago. Not to mention their license should end in 2012, which will shutdown the servers if I'm correct.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • usoft
    usoft Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The servers started to be pretty empty, and I think they had some server merges a while ago. Not to mention their license should end in 2012, which will shutdown the servers if I'm correct.

Looks like Maya were right after all. The end of the word will be in 2012.

At least the end of Perfect World.

P.S.: The fact that this is my first post just shows how much I was frustrated by this change. And it is not only me. Lots of people will stop to play and generate coins. People buying ZEN and selling gold need us. Therefore you need us.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usoft wrote: »
    Looks like Maya were right after all. The end of the word will be in 2012.

At least the end of Perfect World.

That player was referring to a different version of Perfect World, not our version.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That player was referring to a different version of Perfect World, not our version.

Franky QQ why this change? & no warnings? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So here's the scoop-- the change was intended, as the devs wanted to lower the number of Mirages in the economy. Now with fewer coming from decomposing, their price should rise to the point where you guys can make profit again.

It looks like some of you are unhappy with the change, but let's give it some time for the effect on mirage prices to stabilize, and meanwhile we'll definitely pass your response on to the devs.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So here's the scoop-- the change was intended, as the devs wanted to lower the number of Mirages in the economy. Now with fewer coming from decomposing, their price should rise to the point where you guys can make profit again.

It looks like some of you are unhappy with the change, but let's give it some time for the effect on mirage prices to stabilize, and meanwhile we'll definitely pass your response on to the devs.

If their intentions were this benevolent (doubtful) then why wasnt the mirage rewards from the Tideborn Quest Chain also decreased (The true reason for Mirage price Deflation) ? b:bye
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options

Urgh QQ Tell em warnings are nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Urgh QQ Tell em warnings are nice.

Yeah, it was a last minute change and didn't make it into the patch notes, and we do apologize for that b:surrender
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

The change itself doesn't bother me too much, compared to the fact that either they never told you guys or you guys never told us until it was brought up by the players. Either way, it's disrespectful to the players of PWI to change things like that (and apparently the DQ drop rate) without informing the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

no offence but if the devs want to keep items such as mirage's at a constant value then why would they lower the value of them in the first place by putting them as a reward in packs.

what they have have done is changed a process which has been the same since day one in order to give more value to an item which they themselfs gave less value.

if i was a dev id be dissy from running around in circles lol

not flaming just stating the obvious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have an alt that I sent all my 3* equip to, and eventually I was planning to decompose the 40+ 3* items for mirages. A big thank you to the devs, you guys rock as now I will loose 100k or so just by repairing them all and selling the mirages b:victory!!

/Sarcasm
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So lets get this right, you want to reduce the number of mirages in the economy to raise the price?

And you think that reducing the number that's put into the economy from refining is going to do that when you give 50 away as a possible prize for L100 BHs?

If you really want to reduce the mirages in circulation replace the 50 mirages with something else, cos lets face it we/you now have 100 if not 1000s of players L100+ since you made leveling so easy to do.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So lets get this right, you want to reduce the number of mirages in the economy to raise the price?

And you think that reducing the number that's put into the economy from refining is going to do that when you give 50 away as a possible prize for L100 BHs?

If you really want to reduce the mirages in circulation replace the 50 mirages with something else, cos lets face it we/you now have 100 if not 1000s of players L100+ since you made leveling so easy to do.

They could replace it with 10 badges(25) of reputation.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They could replace it with 10 badges(25) of reputation.b:victory

b:angry Socket stones. Bring em back!

I don't mind cheap mir prices, refining was pretty cheap gambling with low prices b:sad
    I have an alt that I sent all my 3* equip to, and eventually I was planning to decompose the 40+ 3* items for mirages. A big thank you to the devs, you guys rock as now I will loose 100k or so just by repairing them all and selling the mirages !!
    Yeah... lol lost some as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I r winner
    by magicgabe
    i got married
    i do marriage quest
    i get mirage stone ... mirage become less available
    i r winner!!!

i need more mirages???
    i do TT for friends
    i get lots of mirages
    i r winner!!!

you don't get married
    you don' do marriage quest
    you don't get mirage stone
    you r loser :((((

you don't do TT for friends or wifey
    you don't don't get mirages
    you whine about your gimpy decomp
    you are loser :((((

But me.... me r winnerb:victory
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol as comical as that post was, a good point was brought up. Mirages through decomposing gear are a very small amount of the overall mirages being put out in PWI. You got Marriage quest, TT, boxes/certain packs, WQ, and tons more of features throwing mirages into PWI's economy. I'm sorry to say, but decomposing was not the reason why mirages were "lower" in price... Although it does all add up, it's also many other features in the game combined that cause a low selling price of mirages.

Also, this will most likely not effect PWI's mirage prices. Why? Simply not many people even knew about decomposing = mirages. I'd say a good 50% of the community never decomposed any type of gear whatsoever.
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So here's the scoop-- the change was intended, as the devs wanted to lower the number of Mirages in the economy. Now with fewer coming from decomposing, people will buy more dragon orbs to refine.

there. fixed it for you.

b:chuckle
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have no clue what's going on here... This is utterly ridiculous and it does not make any sense. I like playing the game for ingame stuff. I am very disappointed in this, I can't decompose my fail 3*s anymore, for LVL30+ - 40+ gears... I'd be paying 5k for what? NOTHING. Also in higher level gears, I can decompose them either, I'd just be wasting my time on them.

First CSs... then BHs... then marriage quests, then ingame equips only being used for cash shop. Now this? What's next? I am really disappointed, the old PWI needs to come back. Why destroy such a good game? I bet mirage drops will be less often in PWI. Thanks devs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Guys, you can't deny that 15k a mirage is cheap considering what they do.

IMO it would have been better to just nerf the drop rate for 3 stars, but hey, I'm not a dev.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe on the Chinese servers, people were using hacks to get to the bosses in fb39 without killing any other mobs. The bosses drop 3* items, the hackers than decompose these items and sell mirages for profits. As a result, the decomposing of 3* items to mirages were altered in one of the patches. Also, just a heads up, people were also using hacks to kill mobs for dq items, so in a recent patch the npc price of all the dq items on the Chinese servers have been reduced by 25%. If you have dq items and intend to npc, sell them NOW.

Another update: We brought this --^ up with the devs and they did admit that it was another reason for the change. Apparently it's been affecting all versions of PW, so it was implemented in our version as well.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Another update: We brought this --^ up with the devs and they did admit that it was another reason for the change. Apparently it's been affecting all versions of PW, so it was implemented in our version as well.

so why didn't they just ban the few hackers ^_^
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so why didn't they just ban the few hackers ^_^

Because PWChina, like it's ruling Government, is a communist (and/or egalitarian) party. b:cute

Edit: Honestly, I have no idea why they didn't just do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe on the Chinese servers, people were using hacks to get to the bosses in fb39 without killing any other mobs. The bosses drop 3* items, the hackers than decompose these items and sell mirages for profits. As a result, the decomposing of 3* items to mirages were altered in one of the patches. Also, just a heads up, people were also using hacks to kill mobs for dq items, so in a recent patch the npc price of all the dq items on the Chinese servers have been reduced by 25%. If you have dq items and intend to npc, sell them NOW.

Thanks for proving the point I was saying a long time ago : chinese PW devs are a bunch of incompetent lazy bums.
    They are totally unable to fix bugs in their game.

If you are referring to the jump ****, it can be used to access any boss in any FB/TT from what I read in my time in PW-MY, not only FB39

This also explains why bugs in events such as monthly horse race, yearly horse race, forest ruins and so many more were never and will never be fixed.

And we all know their ultimate goal in reducing the number of mirages you get from decomposing : they want to sell them in the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, on the plus side - it looks like we got holy-path back to its old functionality...
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i didnt notice a change in holy path o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Well, frankly frankie

i find that a lame excuse

it would have been simpler (and just for the majority of players that are non hackers) for TTs to just do what is already implemented in 3.1/3.2 and lunar .... Kill a certain number of mobs before being able to kill the boss.

as for FBs ... with the lot of Bh being done today ..some changes might have brought some fun too ...
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You have consider a few things: the dev team does what it is easiest for them. An instance is bugged; remove it. If you can't do that, just make sure that hackers can't use it to get them lots of coins/other things. Like someone already said, the Forest Ruins and races were removed because of that, as well as the Invasion of Archosaur. There is also another example: luring Qingzi. There are other doors in the game that work the same way (ie. must be opened), but I think that one is the only one where a pet can walk through it. If it is that way, why not make it an unpassable door instead of banning people. Shouldn't take too much time, and would surely be better idea. Or then make the Qingzi's room a maze so the pet can't just walk there.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • usoft
    usoft Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It is not too late for PWI to catch that train. I mean this was the change that make me stop playing PWI and go back to *removed*. I guess many others will react in similar manner.

You said that people selling mirages for profit will still be able to make profit as the price of mirages will go up. You are right. The price will go up.

But, the real problem is for people who use the mirages. They will need to spend twice more time or money to get the mirages they need. That is the problem that make me quit, as I already was spending too much time on PWI. I was thinking to start paying, so I can actually buy coins instead of spending ridiculous amount of time grinding. However that change made me rethink my decision.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Off topic, but no - the doors in TT can be walked through by pets too. (Both the entry doors and later doors such as the one Chin unlocks)

But this does seem a fairly crummy thing to do.