New Patch & decomposing 3*

Options
Reivi - Sanctuary
Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Hey all,

just wondering if any of you noticed that point

The amount of Mirages you get decomposing looted 3* items has been lessened.

- Crafted items still gets you mirages for 5k when decomposing,
- but looted items will only get you mirages for 7.5k (cape 67 and cap 71) or 10k a mirage (various vestements)

All the items i did test were fully repaired

Those items were all 3* boss drops (Robe67, hat71, wrist94, legs 83 & 93, Hat 81, ... )

So its best now to directly sell those items if there bonuses are lame, instead of repairing them and decomp them .
I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
Post edited by Reivi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hey all,

just wondering if any of you noticed that point

The amount of Mirages you get decomposing looted 3* items has been lessened.

- Crafted items still gets you mirages for 5k when decomposing,
    - but looted items will only get you mirages for 7.5k (cape 67 and cap 71) or 10k a mirage (various vestements)

All the items i did test were fully repaired

Those items were all 3* boss drops (Robe67, hat71, wrist94, legs 83 & 93, Hat 81, ... )

So its best now to directly sell those items if there bonuses are lame, instead of repairing them and decomp them .

I notice this also. I decompose grade 10. 3* fully repaired And I got 2 mirages and fee was 20K. What they do? I want it back.b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:angry I C WUT U DID THAR.

That's ****. Flew that one in under the radar... GG.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's pretty lame. Yet another example of how PWI is removing ways to make a little coin in-game. *sigh*
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • hel
    hel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah, this is very lame... and what's even more annoying is how they keep quiet about these modifications and dont' announce them in the patch notes... b:angry
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess its best to just npc 3 star items now b:surrender

Mirages are like 15-17 k in cat shop so you will actually loose money now if you repair and make mirage <.< Server is full of mirages anyway, BH 100 gives 50 mirages, than everyone thats married gets 1 mirage a day and than double droprate in TT.

Makes 3 star items totally useless unless they have good stats and can be sold. Anyone know how many mirages past items makes now? Already sucks to get 3 star from past mats since you rather have perfect stones <.<
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anyone know how many mirages past items makes now? Already sucks to get 3 star from past mats since you rather have perfect stones <.<

As i said.. no change for crafted items.; OHT items still give 5 Mirages for 25k

But i aggree ;) we only get 3* when we want Perfects ... and **** when we cant to have a good 3* item ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

• Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:angry I C WUT U DID THAR.

That's ****. Flew that one in under the radar... GG.
    hel wrote: »
    yeah, this is very lame... and what's even more annoying is how they keep quiet about these modifications and dont' announce them in the patch notes... b:angry

Perhaps another example can be found in my thread Warsoul Mats for Mathematicians.

Still waiting on an official response. Another example of 'under the radar' or 'keeping it quiet' perhaps?
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe on the Chinese servers, people were using hacks to get to the bosses in fb39 without killing any other mobs. The bosses drop 3* items, the hackers than decompose these items and sell mirages for profits. As a result, the decomposing of 3* items to mirages were altered in one of the patches. Also, just a heads up, people were also using hacks to kill mobs for dq items, so in a recent patch the npc price of all the dq items on the Chinese servers have been reduced by 25%. If you have dq items and intend to npc, sell them NOW.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i just tried to decompose 3 cheap (4k each) 3*'s that Qingzi dropsthat people put up cheap cause there's so many now. fully repaired, they're lvl 5, My TAILOR is lvl 5, and now the box just stays blank i can't decompose it AT ALL.... WTF???? I can decompose a lvl 6 or lvl 7 but not lvl5???

As for that DQ ****, if they really do that here i'm going back to FFXI **** this. Half my money comes from just grinding my pets and selling all the DQ's and stuff.....
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This reply posted in the wrong place and it didn't want to let me delete it...

so just ignore this. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uhhhh wrong thread hun LOL
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So are we the only ones annoyed by this nija nerf with the decomposing?
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe on the Chinese servers, people were using hacks to get to the bosses in fb39 without killing any other mobs. The bosses drop 3* items, the hackers than decompose these items and sell mirages for profits. As a result, the decomposing of 3* items to mirages were altered in one of the patches. Also, just a heads up, people were also using hacks to kill mobs for dq items, so in a recent patch the npc price of all the dq items on the Chinese servers have been reduced by 25%. If you have dq items and intend to npc, sell them NOW.

This would officially end PWi. Its the only in-game way to generate coins (equipment drops are rare, and sorry TT is not a reliable source for many people). Farming materials of any kind is merchanting and some people can't take the time to deal with that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya.... still dont' know about the horn thing but if they nerf DQ prices.. i'm gone. more FFXI for me XD
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I created a thread regarding this in the Technical Issues section.

3* Decomposition Rate Changed?

So far, no definitive acknowledgement or confirmation from official sources regarding such a change.

If this is indeed what they have done, would have appreciated warning or at least a mention in the patch notes.

Personally speaking, not too happy about the change. It's one way I make or get sufficient mirages when I want to refine my gear.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    same here Chillum, i'm getting low on mirages enough as it is.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wished I saw this thread ahead of time. I saved up several lvl 90 armor plates to decompose once I got level 7 tailor. Usually I don't decompose 3 star items unless it yields 3 mirages or more. But to my surprise when I decomposed a few today, it only gave me 2 mirages. I didn't think this was an error with the patch at first, but very likely now since I was not the only one.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Epic, pw finds yet another way to **** on its player base! b:chuckle

I hope to god they do nerf DQ prices, it'd be awesome, they'd get flamed to death and they fully deserve it. Really they don't even deserve a playerbase at all, it baffles me how people let themselves get walked over so much.
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The things is that there are A LOT of hacks out there used by players on the Chinese servers. So to punish or to make the hacks less attractive, PW came out with these adjustments which frankly are not fair to most of the players. I believe hacks are not as prevalent here as they are on the Chinese servers, so I wish PWI would not take some of the PW China changes.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm hoping this only applies to tideborn weapons but... has anyone else noticed the cost for decomposing those things?

Last time I tried to decomp a TT70 weapon, it only cost 10k or so. Today, I decomp'd a tideborn TT70 dagger and it had a price tag of 60k to decompose.

That's... just plain sad, really. Can anyone check to see if it's the same for all TT70s or if it's just the tideborn ones?
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I find it hard to believe that hackers would choose gfb39 to profit from lmao

Pretty sure if you ****, which might get you banned, you would pick something more profitable than fb39 drops O_O

Not saying they dont **** in CN-version. Its pretty much common knowledge they have been fly/jump/wall hacking every instance for years.

Hope reducing npc-price of DQs is not true, would be devastating for lower lvl players and new players. They wont be able to make any money from grinding.
  • Ehee - Lost City
    Ehee - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that hackers would choose gfb39 to profit from lmao

Pretty sure if you ****, which might get you banned, you would pick something more profitable than fb39 drops O_O

Not saying they dont **** in CN-version. Its pretty much common knowledge they have been fly/jump/wall hacking every instance for years.

Hope reducing npc-price of DQs is not true, would be devastating for lower lvl players and new players. They wont be able to make any money from grinding.

they run low lv venos b0ts to do it 24/7, instance is always full. if you run 20 of it , you get 1k+ mirage/day
    me gush you.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow. If they really do nurf the DQ drops I'm going to just say F' it and watch as the game spirals downward like Star Trek. it's bad enough that they're pulling this kind of stuff under our noses without so much as a tip-off. What do they think we are? Stupid? I think I need to boycott the CS until this stops. I've had it.

Thanks a lot PWI. You don't fix bugs, you'd rather ban people for using them, instead of banning hackers you drop output and payouts, you do nothing but sales in the cash shop now, packs come out every month, you know about the economy and refuse to make an attempt to help(don't BS me there it's in a "Why did you leave" survey for this game). Just step on everyone wherever you can, jerks. I don't even recommend this game to my friends anymore it's shameful to bother showing it to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its sad but its... increasingly true. I'm going to cut back my cash shop usage dramatically until I see the game staff focusing on what I find important. That is:
    1) Expanding in game content: primarily at higher levels because people level so damn fast. Otherwise it grows old, stale, and dies. They've done quite a bit of this lately, yay!
    2) Assuring a stabile economic environment for new players as well as high level players. This means NOT reducing mob-drop values. It's the last frontier against total cash shop dependence and maintains this game as Free to Play. [TT-mat sales cater primarily to cash shoppers, and are therefore cash shop dependent.]
    3) Hosting player friendly events. I think wraith assaults on cities should be brought back, perhaps not Archosaur this time. Try Dreamweaver Port...
    4) Adding missing content such as the Tournament!
    5) Making the game competitive to non-zen buyers. I AM a cash shopper. I love the ease and the fashion. However, if you cannot play this game without spending - not be the best of the best perhaps, but play and be competitive - this Perfect World has lost its way.
    I have hope, because the second part of the Rising Tide expansion is being advertised in China. I just hope that certain core mechanics (the ability to grind to slowly acquire wealth) aren't overturned in a flurry to maximize profits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its sad but its... increasingly true. I'm going to cut back my cash shop usage dramatically until I see the game staff focusing on what I find important. That is:
    1) Expanding in game content: primarily at higher levels because people level so damn fast. Otherwise it grows old, stale, and dies. They've done quite a bit of this lately, yay!
    2) Assuring a stabile economic environment for new players as well as high level players. This means NOT reducing mob-drop values. It's the last frontier against total cash shop dependence and maintains this game as Free to Play. [TT-mat sales cater primarily to cash shoppers, and are therefore cash shop dependent.]
    3) Hosting player friendly events. I think wraith assaults on cities should be brought back, perhaps not Archosaur this time. Try Dreamweaver Port...
    4) Adding missing content such as the Tournament!
    5) Making the game competitive to non-zen buyers. I AM a cash shopper. I love the ease and the fashion. However, if you cannot play this game without spending - not be the best of the best perhaps, but play and be competitive - this Perfect World has lost its way.
    I have hope, because the second part of the Rising Tide expansion is being advertised in China. I just hope that certain core mechanics (the ability to grind to slowly acquire wealth) aren't overturned in a flurry to maximize profits.

This is kinda funny. You are 100% right, but I just wonder what PWI is doing. Think about it:

What they think:

1) Making in-game coin is hard
    2) More zen buyers who sell it for coins
    3) More profit

What I think:

2) More zen-buyers who sell it for coins
    3) Non-cash shoppers who used to buy gold in AH can't because they don't have coin
    4) Both people have to quit

EDIT: the reason why Invasion on Archosaur was cancelled is probably the same thing as behind the monthly and annual Snake Isle race; it didn't work correctly. The Invasions didn't trigger automatically. They would have had to press the button manually to start and stop it. It is the real reason behind this.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think that maybe, Gms dont know what a Patch note really is
    (i Prefer thinking that, than thinking they dont care.. )

Even if they dont have enough time for tests, on other games i played ( and they CANT be counted with 4 hands) test server was opened for players to tests and report bugs.

and PWI patch notes are nowhere near a real patch note

some example of real patch notes:

Test patch note
    (Quote is always truncated .. and doesnt appear fully, only 4 -5 first lines, so if you wanna see what a patch note should look like ...browse the internet a little)

• Euphy - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is kinda funny. You are 100% right, but I just wonder what PWI is doing. Think about it:

What they think:

2) More zen buyers who sell it for coins
    3) More profit

What I think:

2) More zen-buyers who sell it for coins
    3) Non-cash shoppers who used to buy gold in AH can't because they don't have coin
    4) Both people have to quit

EDIT: the reason why Invasion on Archosaur was cancelled is probably the same thing as behind the monthly and annual Snake Isle race; it didn't work correctly. The Invasions didn't trigger automatically. They would have had to press the button manually to start and stop it. It is the real reason behind this.
    Yeah... that's the only thing that makes sense. Of course zen-buyers can make 10m coins from those Best Luck tokens... Oh well.
    Also I know what Invasion on Archosaur was removed. The event failed because of miserable execution and general glitches. However, honestly... they could push a button ONCE a week to trigger the event. When I play Perfect World I push LOTS of buttons LOTS of times (^_^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smarie - Sanctuary
    Smarie - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's just like they did with the aerogear. one perfect chi stone used to give 10 to the accel, and one mirage gave 30. now it's 3 and 10.

PWE just looking for more ways to make us spend money.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's just like they did with the aerogear. one perfect chi stone used to give 10 to the accel, and one mirage gave 30. now it's 3 and 10.

PWE just looking for more ways to make us spend money.

When was that changed? In the newest patch?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok... so apparently the reply I posted on the GMs stickied thread about horns posted here. Even though I had never opened this thread until today.

...?

But I have to say, the mirages thing really ticks me off. It was always nice to see a tabber or winer get 3*s to help with cost of wine if no molds dropped, but now (unless they are really nice wearable items) it doesn't even matter. I decomposed a level 11 item yesterday, expecting the usual 4 mirages, but the 2 I got didn't even cover the cost of decomp and repair fee. I might as well have gone and bought two from a catshop and NPCed the item.

And why wasn't this change in the patch notes, GMs? Thought you guys were supposed to let us know of all changes.... I wouldn't have decomposed that stuff and wasted money had I been forewarned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842