New Patch & decomposing 3*

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's just like they did with the aerogear. one perfect chi stone used to give 10 to the accel, and one mirage gave 30. now it's 3 and 10.

PWE just looking for more ways to make us spend money.

Actually it depends on the level of the aerogear. A lvl 1 Aero refills cheaply, a lvl 3 does not. That's one of the benefits of buying an aerogear that is already maxed at lvl1.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I decomposed a level 11 item yesterday, expecting the usual 4 mirages, but the 2 I got didn't even cover the cost of decomp and repair fee.
    ._. same thing happened to me... Thought I imagined till I saw this thread. Atleast when you decompose normal 1star items you still get same # of chi stones ._. ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You're all also assuming the GMs on this side knew about it, which isn't likely. Odds are, the china pw devs just give the highlights when they pass the patch along, and don't bother informing them of every little detail. It's the fact the game isn't made here that is prolly why we get so little info on any patches. Still like how many of the patch notes say "Resolved instance issues" which basically means 'did stuff'
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You're all also assuming the GMs on this side knew about it, which isn't likely.

GMs are often the last people to find out such things.
    Odds are, the china pw devs just give the highlights when they pass the patch along, and don't bother informing them of every little detail. It's the fact the game isn't made here that is prolly why we get so little info on any patches. Still like how many of the patch notes say "Resolved instance issues" which basically means 'did stuff'

I'm fairly certain that detailed patch notes are indeed provided... in Chinese. The chances that we'll ever get a fully translated list every time the client is patched is highly unlikely. For one, I'm sure it would need to be translated, and secondly, there are various reasons why they wouldn't want a full list of bug fixes published. They wouldn't want people to know exactly how many bugs can be counted that were fixed, people asking for reparations for being subjected to those bugs, as well as publicly acknowledging certain bugs that nobody might have actually noticed. It would, however, show that more fixes are being done than people believe, but publishing a list is at the management's discretion, of course.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You're all also assuming the GMs on this side knew about it, which isn't likely. Odds are, the china pw devs just give the highlights when they pass the patch along, and don't bother informing them of every little detail. It's the fact the game isn't made here that is prolly why we get so little info on any patches. Still like how many of the patch notes say "Resolved instance issues" which basically means 'did stuff'

Any company wich would like to appear PRO would find a way to have proper informations regarding the patch notes.

- I used to play on a localized game for some years, they had a complete information/translation of Each points treated in the patches.

(and its not the first time we have issues like this with PWi, anyone remember the change of prices at mysterious merchant some mounths ago ? )
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well i'd like Frankie or someone to say they're looking into fixing this garbage, not to mention that they'll let PW china know if they DO nerf DQ drop prices...... alot of us are probably going to be fed up and quit.

QUOTE FROM ABOVE:
    "I'm fairly certain that detailed patch notes are indeed provided... in Chinese. The chances that we'll ever get a fully translated list every time the client is patched is highly unlikely. For one, I'm sure it would need to be translated, and secondly, there are various reasons why they wouldn't want a full list of bug fixes published. They wouldn't want people to know exactly how many bugs can be counted that were fixed, people asking for reparations for being subjected to those bugs, as well as publicly acknowledging certain bugs that nobody might have actually noticed. It would, however, show that more fixes are being done than people believe, but publishing a list is at the management's discretion, of course."

That's total b.s. in so many ways. You're telling me there isn't one person on the chinese dev team that speaks english and can put the patch notes in english? The simple fact is they dont' give a **** to tell us everything. They want to try to slide **** like this in there and hope we dont' notice.

As for the other half, I play **removed** and they tell us EVERYTHING they do when they do a update every month or 3 months or w/e. Headquarters is in Japan btw. And when they **** something up they tell us, and fix it in a emergency update mmediately (i mean within 24 hours) if they can or asap once they figure it out. Not to mention we can (within 10 minutes or so) get a GM in-game in "whispers" to report a problem of any kind, even just get advice sometimes. They also have the ability to roll back **** accounts to get your stuff back (unlike here), they have the ability to look in the chat logs immediately to confirm w/e you've reported...And we only pay them 12 bucks a month... I find it funny PWI can't do any of this, considering they probably get ALOT mroe money per month with all the gold sales. Hell i'm not really a cash shopper and i've spent enough in the past 3 MONTHS to pay for a year of **removed**.. heh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's total b.s. in so many ways. You're telling me there isn't one person on the chinese dev team that speaks english and can put the patch notes in english? The simple fact is they dont' give a **** to tell us everything. They want to try to slide **** like this in there and hope we dont' notice.
    Actually, I get the impression that several (many?) of the PWE employees in the Bay Area are Chinese, so getting the patch notes in Chinese shouldn't present any difficulty.

At this time, I'm subscribing to the theory that the decompose nerf is an unintended bug. The 3-star OHT item I crafted last night decomposed into 5 mirages for 25k just fine. So hopefully it's just a bug, not an intended nerf. Now that I've made it public, if they nerf the 3-star OHT decomposes, then you'll know it's intentional. b:chuckle
    As for the other half, I play FFXI and they tell us EVERYTHING they do when they do a update every month or 3 months or w/e. Headquarters is in Japan btw. And when they **** something up they tell us, and fix it in a emergency update mmediately (i mean within 24 hours) if they can or asap once they figure it out.
    To be fair, I noticed the same thing up until about the great genie nerf. PWE would often omit or gloss over nerfs. The patch notes for the great genie nerf were the first time I really saw them outline which skills were nerfed (though they simply referred to them as changes, rather than nerfs). They didn't mention a few nerfs, but I chalk that up to just missing a few of the changes (there were a lot of them).

Since then, Spoons and Frankie have been pretty up and up about changes, even negative ones. The only major hiccup I've seen is the whole thing about Xarfox saying they were adding coin sinks to lower the price of gold by draining coin from the economy, then suddenly running two Jolly Jones events and releasing best luck tokens in anniversary packs. Even there, I got the impression that the GMs were telling their managers the players didn't like it and it was bad for the game, and management was deciding to ignore them in the interest of making $$$.

Edit: Oh, and the refine transfer for Nirvana gear thing. That one I got the impression the GMs expected it to work, Spoons wrote up the preview expecting it to work, and when they got the code it turned out not to work because PWI didn't have chienkun stones like the other PW versions did. Which led to the massive player protests, culminating in PWI adding chienkun stones contrary to previous statements that they would never be fore sale in PWI.
    edited April 2010
    Options

If you note, even many of the game files are not in English. Since PWI is owned by PWE I'm fairly certain a small group of the individuals working in California are probably Chinese. Why would you even assume that they would take their time to write it in english. As for BS for not actually having a detailed update list... umm... I don't even know what to say to you except for you to believe that you'd have to be highly computer illiterate.
    As for the other half, I play FFXI and they tell us EVERYTHING they do when they do a update every month or 3 months or w/e.

RAGE MORE PLEASE and GTFO of PWI if you're gonna be a whiney little brat, mmkay?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Our latest patch is an accumulation of six Chinese server patches (2/3-3/17.) It's possible that the GMs forgot to list every change made across every patch. The mirage adjustment came with the March 3rd patch (http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20100302/45220.shtml) where all three-stars under level 99 had their mirage rate reduced. This is the same patch that added the tideborn weapons to TT and fish smiles to horn channel (it use to be octopus.)
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The npc dq items are reduced by 20%, not 25% as I posted earlier. This was in the 3/31 patch on the Chinese servers.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you read chinese? cause i don't. So they did this junk on purpose??? >.<

Edit: who what? wait the DQ drops already got nerfed as well? or just the chinese server?
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL what? computer illiterate? I hope you realize you're speaking to somone that built a pc 7 years ago that still blows almost everything on the shelves out of the water....

Yay *pat pat* You get a cookie from Bill Gates... and yeah a 7 year old computer better than what's on the shelves now. haha Even a modern budget $500 laptop outperforms almost any desktop you could have built 7 years ago.

i expect to be able to BAN somone that **** a account of my faction leader

Accounts don't get ****. People get stupid and share account details to people they shouldn't trust.

EDIT: by the way you said it yourself, half the people working for PWI (not PWE) prolly speak chinese, yet they LIVE in CALIFORNIA. Working on the INTERNATIONAL version.... If they live in the US they SHOULD speak some degree of English.

What does being an international version have anything to do with it? There are only a few people in PWI that would actually need to know the detailed listing of changes and fixes... the head of the support department, upper management and whomever the liason is that actually reports directly to the developers in China.

Take cars for example, they have all sorts of issues, most of which are never publicly known, only when it becomes a problem will they issue a recall... if there are not enough liability suits or complaints, the problems never get resolved... expecting to be told everything is ridiculous. Sure, it would be nice... but that's their choice as a business, and they may choose not to because they are a publicly traded company... who knows their real reasons, just suck it up and accept that you can stomp your feet as much as you want, yet it will accomplish nothing except to make you look like a spoiled brat.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow.. ok first off you have no idea what's in my pc. I've looked at **** on the shelves now, only thing that even COMPARES costs like 3 grand. by the way a 500 dollar laptop probably couldnt' even run half the games i have. At least not well.

Even top of the line technology 7 years ago doesn't compare with on-board graphics these days. Compare all you wish... clock speeds, sheer processing power, memory speed, gpu technology all have increased tremendously.
    Second, ya you're right, he gave his account NAME only.. to somone that impersonated a f'ing GM. shut your mouth till u know the details k? bye

Until I know the details, ok, you lied at first, now you're giving half the story. He gave his account name and password to someone he couldn't trust and lied about it to cover it up.

Anyone who *has* the ability to packet sniff or keylog login information for PWI wouldn't even be interested in logging into someone else's game.
    Third..... I dont' know what f'ing kind of piece of **** buisnesses you deal with but when i play FFXI (who tell us every DAMN THING THEY DO), or get my car fixed, or ANYTHING... i find out EXACTLY what's wrong or being done. sounds like you're the one used to getting walked on to me.

Blah blah blah. RAGE MORE. And avoiding the world filter is a bannable offense. Also, TYPING randomly in ALL CAPS makes you look quite STUPID.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2w1v0pv.gif
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol nice pic... and ya.. seriously...
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love that pic b:victory

And to be on topic, yeah it's shady that this happened without us being informed - but I have definitely gotten the impression during my time at PWI that the GMs are only given as much information as PWE deems absolutely necessary. Either that or they were told, but restricted from officially sharing the info with us cause PWE thought it would keep us quieter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love that pic b:victory

And to be on topic, yeah it's shady that this happened without us being informed - but I have definitely gotten the impression during my time at PWI that the GMs are only given as much information as PWE deems absolutely necessary. Either that or they were told, but restricted from officially sharing the info with us cause PWE thought it would keep us quieter.

↑ This.

The GMs don't tell us everything and never will because many of the things we want to know about, they can't tell us in the first place. They're on a tight leash when it comes to sharing information, apparently, because there always seems to be a general lack of it, and not out of a lack of care or concern on the GMs part either. They themselves don't know about everything in the patch changes either, certainly not initially.

Not that this means I condone the change to decomposing 3*s we've seen. I haven't really invested in decomposing yet, but I was about to given the fact you can't even sell the good 3*s for decent money any more. Guess I missed out on the chance to do so. xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how much of a f'ing idiot are you? I know damn wel things have gotten better, but yet again u have no f'ing clue what i have. /end THAT discussion right there unless u want me to post my entire specs.. which i won't.

2nd how did i lie at first? I said he got ****, which he did. YOU JUST HAVE NO F'ING CLUE what happened. So i'll spell it out for you. He traded a faction member his Bug flyer to switch to his other toon, and as soon as he did that the guy vanished (more on that at the end). so He went to get a 6 teles and WC for a GM, after the 6th one FunnyWorld answers and says he's a GM, and he needs his info to check the logs or whatever. So he gives the guy his account name and waits, and suddenly gets kicked off. He and funny go for two hours back and forth kicking each other off the game force logging on till he finally gives up and logs off for awhile tryign to get ahold of a gM in live chat (which didn't do squat). Obviously Funny somehow **** and traced our faction leader through pw's servers somehow once he had the account name, and got a keylogger or data miner on his system because Bo said they kept changing passwords on each other too while playing the "boot war". Anyway bo gets on the next morning and EVERYTHING but his axes are gone on his barb and every other toon is stripped as well. Then he's in arch and he sees Funny prancing around arch bragging he **** Bo. Sent in a ticket with screenshots..... that was over a freakign month ago and this **** is still walking around HT. by the way 2 days later the guy Bo traded his bug flyer to got back on, apparently he lost net for 2 days RIGHT after the trade heh...... gave bo his bug back. :(

so there, there's the whole story. poke holes in it if u wish but that's the deal.

3rd.... blah blah blah rage blah blah rage.... seriously u do realize caps are used to accentuate certain words and not just yelling right? and i'm not trying to get AROUND the word filter, that's HOW i type it. get a grip and stop being such a idiot.

You fail at teh intarwebz.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ya.... i was jsut starting to do it too.. imagine my surprise at lvl 5 tailor i couldn't decompose lvl 5 3* GEAR into ANYTHING.... it just stayed blank. cmon what the hell.....

LOL! and michael...... you just fail period (to use the 10 year old "fail" insult you're all so fond of).
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ya.... i was jsut starting to do it too.. imagine my surprise at lvl 5 tailor i couldn't decompose lvl 5 3* GEAR into ANYTHING.... it just stayed blank. cmon what the hell.....

LOL! and michael...... you just fail period (to use the 10 year old "fail" insult you're all so fond of).

I believe (under the old method, at least) you needed a level 1 higher than the gear's crafting to decompose it. I could be wrong, and either way I have no idea wrong.

On topic... I bought out all the below market price 3 stars (i.e. repair+decomp+sell = profit) from the auction house a couple weeks ago, but hadn't been able to decompose them yet.

Off topic again: That + tokens after 1 week = b:bye bye bye lots of RL money wasted on PWI. I quit last time that happened to me... QQ.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya u are wrong, cause i was decomposing the exact same gear (3* cloak of blazes for one) not a couple days earlier when i was only lvl 4 tailor. I'm not sure if I did some after lvl 5 tailor and before this or not but..... something's just wrong here...

o wait u said old method hehe, idk..... only recently even found out u can decompose 3* into mirage.
    edited April 2010
    Options

That was just a wall of incoherent rambling filled with one heck of a story that has no foundation with technological reality whatsoever. That is why I posted "you fail at teh interwebs", which was a sarcastic mockery of what you were trying to convey. Of course, I have to point this out to you since it escaped your ability to comprehend. *sigh*

It's no fun having to explain sarcasm.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That was just a wall of incoherent rambling filled with one heck of a story that has no foundation with technological reality whatsoever. That is why I posted "you fail at teh interwebs", which was a sarcastic mockery of what you were trying to convey. Of course, I have to point this out to you since it escaped your ability to comprehend. *sigh*

It's no fun having to explain sarcasm.

Sometimes, it's best to just not explain. The effort really isn't always worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**

Someone sounds a bit butthurt... That has nothing to do at all with the OP, and a total flame. You all should really get back to the point of the thread b:laugh
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Off original topic but has to be said:

7 year old PC that even barely compares to current day technology = LIE.

Replaced motherboard, replaced GPU, (presumably) replaced processor, (presumably) replaced RAM with DDR3 Dominators, then it isn't a 7 year old PC in any sense but the cabinet and SMPS, perhaps. Actually, given the new motherboard power specs, did you replace the SMPS too?

I'm thinking there's some lack of veracity in the 7 year old PC claim.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    **removed**